PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
I played originally on an older laptop and the text was fine. I don't remember a font problem with my older system. So is it something with my newer laptop?
Looks like it. Try install these fonts by our own. Maybe there is some different on these you have in your system.

sin(α)

Apr 11, 2020
Quick question, I figured I'd download this fresh and start again, re-experience the game.
But the fonts are kinda... Choppy. Like semi-fragmented and not always in the same way.
Does anyone have a patch or something? I'm gonna re-download it in case.
Could be Open GL problem (seen it couple of times). Try to update/reinstall your graphic drivers. Get them from the manufacturer's website, not MS ones. (That's assuming you use Win ofc.)

Reactions: Evangelion-01

sacchito22

Sep 14, 2019
Could be Open GL problem (seen it couple of times). Try to update/reinstall your graphic drivers. Get them from the manufacturer's website, not MS ones. (That's assuming you use Win ofc.)
Hokay, So.
I've uninstalled my Intel UHD Graphics Driver, and tried the game out.
Works like a charm.
But, only while it's uninstalled.
I'm downloading the latest driver from Intel itself, will restart and see how things go.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Hokay, So.
I've uninstalled my Intel UHD Graphics Driver, and tried the game out.
Works like a charm.
But, only while it's uninstalled.
I'm downloading the latest driver from Intel itself, will restart and see how things go.
You sure you have an Intel Graphic card?
That's normally the Windows Standard driver for any onboard Graphic card... not necessarily the correct one though

sacchito22

Sep 14, 2019
Well than the correct driver would obviously be from NVidia and not Intel
True, but the problem is that I have both on here, Intel's the default, Nvidia for gaming.
Problem is that on bootup, the system boots into Intel, not Nvidia.
And then, it gets worse. Unless it's in 'gaming mode', it stays on intel. Which doesn't keep up with the monitor.
The monitor defaults to 240hz, Intel thinks it should be 60.
Resulting in a clusterfuck of a screen that occasionally needs some work to get right.

4.20 star(s) 201 Votes