Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'm okay with that idea, too. My primary concern with it is the MC would already be powerful by the time it became available and it would make him overpowered (or MORE overpowered).

I also think Vixenatrix (and dragons in general) are wary of inbreeding given how few they are, so wouldn't be too happy if her first offspring starts getting it on with the MC as well...
Why would you automatically think Dragons start as overpowered? Dragons live for millennia, IMO it would be logical to assume they develop their powers/wisdom slowly over the centuries of discovery they go through when they are Juveniles (what else would a species that can shapeshift do?), only settling down to nest when they become world weary. In their first few centuries they could be as weak as a human (or whatever form they adopt).
A juvenile dragon could just as easily be a liability, eagerly pursuing adventures that it hasn't developed enough to deal with. Shifting into inappropriate forms... Making cultural faux pas... Accidental burning down the Millers house :cautious:... etc the imagination is the limit.
I imagine a Juvenile Dragon being similar to the Imp (competing with her), imprinting on the MC and potentially rebelling against her mothers wishes, in her desire to experience everything the world has to offer (starting with the MC... He certainly seems to know how to have fun).

I really what to see some decent rivalry. I will have my Mud Wrestling.... it's my Xmas wish... I've been such a good boy... [as far as Santa knows] :devilish:.

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Why would you automatically think Dragons start as overpowered? Dragons live for millennia, IMO it would be logical to assume they develop their powers/wisdom slowly over the centuries of discovery they go through when they are Juveniles (what else would a species that can shapeshift do?), only settling down to nest when they become world weary. In their first few centuries they could be as weak as a human (or whatever form they adopt).
A juvenile dragon could just as easily be a liability, eagerly pursuing adventures that it hasn't developed enough to deal with. Shifting into inappropriate forms... Making cultural faux pas... Accidental burning down the Millers house :cautious:... etc the imagination is the limit.
I imagine a Juvenile Dragon being similar to the Imp (competing with her), imprinting on the MC and potentially rebelling against her mothers wishes, in her desire to experience everything the world has to offer (starting with the MC... He certainly seems to know how to have fun).

I really what to see some decent rivalry. I will have my Mud Wrestling.... it's my Xmas wish... I've been such a good boy... [as far as Santa knows] :devilish:.
I don't think of juvenile dragons as overpowered. But I also like it when their ability to shapechange isn't developed until they are at least newly adult, at which point they're no longer juveniles. Even a newly-adult dragon would probably be a match for, say, a giant or troll. Add the MC on the same side and pretty much every combat will be a walkover or close to it. :)

(And since you mentioned it could be a mount, possibly morphing into a horse: combat-trained horses are scary even if all they do is not spook in the middle of the chaos of a battle. Cavalry charges were terrifying for good reason...)

Not yucking on your yum at all. We would just like to see different things from it if Tinkerer does add one. I'd be fine however he does it.

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020

I don't think of juvenile dragons as overpowered. But I also like it when their ability to shapechange isn't developed until they are at least newly adult, at which point they're no longer juveniles. Even a newly-adult dragon would probably be a match for, say, a giant or troll. Add the MC on the same side and pretty much every combat will be a walkover or close to it. :)

(And since you mentioned it could be a mount, possibly morphing into a horse: combat-trained horses are scary even if all they do is not spook in the middle of the chaos of a battle. Cavalry charges were terrifying for good reason...)

Not yucking on your yum at all. We would just like to see different things from it if Tinkerer does add one. I'd be fine however he does it.

Dragons in this world are naturally magical creatures but before they became endangered they never had a reason to take forms capable of seducing/mating with mortals (the same mortals that have hunted them to near existence). I feel all magical skill & shapeshifting is a skill they earn from years of learning. In fact Human children are essentially animals, we educate them to learn language, make/utilise tools & function in society. So Dragonlings would probably be the same barley inteligent animals. As they grow they would first learn the basics; hunting, speech & mabey minor magics. Once "matured" in their juvinile/awkward teen phase they would probably be expected to leave their mother's Lair & find their own lair & territories. Those who survive this harrowing time (faced with rival creatures/predators, would be heros & hunters or even starvation from lack of skill) this would mean only the strongest young would reach the age & success that Vix currently has.

Their humanoid shapeshifting was done in response to their endangered nature. And it's a basic patch job at best. If you look at Vix she has perfected it just enough to show off the assets that the mammalian mortals would be attracted too & built in a way that allows them to mate. This is again something they will probably have to master alone or with some early guidance at least.

Of course this is all my own opinion. Until confirmed either way by Tinkerer himself.

Reactions: Damagus01

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
BOG,peasantquest.png
Who notices this? If Tinkerer decides to include Birgitte as 1 of the mc's fuckbuddies then he needs to make more room especially for the 2nd last row if the mc's mom who's rumored to be Quetesh will be 1 as well

Reactions: DomWolf

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
View attachment 3213225
Who notices this? If Tinkerer decides to include Birgitte as 1 of the mc's fuckbuddies then he needs to make more room especially for the 2nd last row if the mc's mom who's rumored to be Quetesh will be 1 as well
Not necessarily. If Birgitte ends up joining the Temple then she would be on the second to last row. Qetesh, being a goddess, could be placed in the bottem right corner (with Nergal?)

But then again he has changed it to smaller in the past so he might extend it if he decides he needs to.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Dragons in this world are naturally magical creatures but before they became endangered they never had a reason to take forms capable of seducing/mating with mortals (the same mortals that have hunted them to near existence).
I don't buy that for a second, I don't want to delve into it too deeply though in case my PTSD flares up, needless to say I'm already having flashbacks to arguments I've have with people who think Darwins theory of evolution means we will all become Merpeople when the Ice Caps melt. :eek:

I feel all magical skill & shapeshifting is a skill they earn from years of learning.
Yeah, I can buy this theory (though I tend to prefer the natural ability angle... it's far more fun), and you don't think the first skill Vix will teach her newborn is this vital survival skill??? I tend to think yes.
Not to mention my personal theory of how a massive creature can find enough food to support it's bulk is that it is only "big" when it's trying to intimidate/impress nondragons. Most of the time it would be in whatever Humanish sized form it prefers.

In fact Human children are essentially animals
Dude!!!... Humans are the dumbest creatures on earth, have you never met one??
Most animals are born knowing advanced things like how to build a nest, how to spin a web, how to recognize the shadow of a hawk... Release a "born in captivity" animal into the wild and there is a significant chance they could survive and prosper, release an average Human into the wild and the chances are in favour of them starving to death within a week... and that's assuming you gave them a month's worth of rations when you released them... Hell I know people who would probably starve to death if their favourite restaurants closed!! Please Don't compare other animals to them!

Once "matured" in their juvinile/awkward teen phase they would probably be expected to leave their mother's Lair & find their own lair & territories.
Matured is a grey term, in most cases I believe most creatures tend to be considered matured around 1/5th through their lifespan, that's why I said centuries in my earlier post (considering this species has a lifespan of millennia), meaning there is a big gap between being physically matured and being intellectually/emotionally mature. therein lies the fun, that young inquisitive mind needs experiences, and who better to provide them than Pops.

Their humanoid shapeshifting was done in response to their endangered nature.
Dude stop it... don't make me PTSD on you... I'm not interested in another Darwinist argument

The baby was made while its mom was in Humaniod form and its Dad is always in Humanoid form (my preferred theory of Dad is he is the offspring off two gods... so who wants to guess what that would make his child by a Dragon)... Personally I feel strongly that this means at very least this Youngling will have a natural affinity for the Humanoid state (whether shapechanging is a natural ability or a spell)

And it's a basic patch job at best. If you look at Vix she has perfected it just enough to show off the assets that the mammalian mortals would be attracted too & built in a way that allows them to mate. This is again something they will probably have to master alone or with some early guidance at least.
I think Vix is a snob, that she doesn't want to sully herself by becoming fully human. :p She wants to make sure her Human plaything doesn't forget she is a Dragon.

JMTC

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
release an average Human into the wild and the chances are in favour of them starving to death within a week
This is true of first-world countries in the modern day, but in many places around the world (and even here in the past or in rural regions) children learn from a relatively young age to hunt small game (e.g. killing birds with a slingshot, trapping squirrels), fish, and forage for mushrooms and other edibles, as well as how to prepare them.

Reactions: Pdoan and DomWolf

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
This is true of first-world countries in the modern day, but in many places around the world (and even here in the past or in rural regions) children learn from a relatively young age to hunt small game (e.g. killing birds with a slingshot, trapping squirrels), fish, and forage for mushrooms and other edibles, as well as how to prepare them.
I said "average" for a reason
  1. I may be wrong but I believe the helpless people in 1st world nations vastly outnumber the people who still know how to survive through their own skills (wherever they are from).
  2. And probably most importantly my point was that many animals can do this without being taught, without relying on others making them tools (the reason I said "born in captivity")... it was a counter to DomWolf's "in fact Human children are essentially animals, we educate them to learn language, make/utilise tools & function in society"

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
I don't buy that for a second, I don't want to delve into it too deeply though in case my PTSD flares up, needless to say I'm already having flashbacks to arguments I've have with people who think Darwins theory of evolution means we will all become Merpeople when the Ice Caps melt. :eek:

I wasnt saying it's an evolutionary thing. I'm saying it's a shapeshifting technique they mastered as a necessity to a potential mass extinction. Like teaching yourself to transform into any creature the Dragons are doing the same HOWEVER they are reptilian (possibly they are synapsids "mammal-like Reptiles". I'm not gonna get into my reasons for this I dont want a Darwinist argument either it's like 1 in the morning for me now listening to Creepy Pastas & dreading work lol ).

Yeah, I can buy this theory (though I tend to prefer the natural ability angle... it's far more fun), and you don't think the first skill Vix will teach her newborn is this vital survival skill??? I tend to think yes.
Not to mention my personal theory of how a massive creature can find enough food to support it's bulk is that it is only "big" when it's trying to intimidate/impress nondragons. Most of the time it would be in whatever Humanish sized form it prefers.

Dude!!!... Humans are the dumbest creatures on earth, have you never met one??
Most animals are born knowing advanced things like how to build a nest, how to spin a web, how to recognize the shadow of a hawk... Release a "born in captivity" animal into the wild and there is a significant chance they could survive and prosper, release an average Human into the wild and the chances are in favour of them starving to death within a week... and that's assuming you gave them a month's worth of rations when you released them... Hell I know people who would probably starve to death if their favourite restaurants closed!! Please Don't compare other animals to them!
I mean it IS a natural ability, they are NATURALLY MAGICAL creatures, but I feel that using the shapeshifting would be a thing they learn. I'm not arguing against them having natural shapeshifting.

I know were stupid. Look at this thread :ROFLMAO:. Still animals have to learn to use their natural skills, even big apex predators.

Matured is a grey term, in most cases I believe most creatures tend to be considered matured around 1/5th through their lifespan, that's why I said centuries in my earlier post (considering this species has a lifespan of millennia), meaning there is a big gap between being physically matured and being intellectually/emotionally mature. therein lies the fun, that young inquisitive mind needs experiences, and who better to provide them than Pops.

Dude stop it... don't make me PTSD on you... I'm not interested in another Darwinist argument
They are inteligent creatures who live for extended periods of time & let's be honest Dragon media changes the rules of breeding case by case. But I feel that they are very weak at their "teen" stage like a lion or elephant kicked from the pack/herd. Also they are too big in the long run to share territory with their parent(s) or siblings. Also I just wanna keep pumping her with Dragonlings & I'm basing on the way Imps leave the nest in game after some time so you can keep filling her.

Again it was a cultural response, I'm not saying evolutionary.

The baby was made while its mom was in Humaniod form and its Dad is always in Humanoid form (my preferred theory of Dad is he is the offspring off two gods... so who wants to guess what that would make his child by a Dragon)... Personally I feel strongly that this means at very least this Youngling will have a natural affinity for the Humanoid state (whether shapechanging is a natural ability or a spell)

I think Vix is a snob, that she doesn't want to sully herself by becoming fully human. :p She wants to make sure her Human plaything doesn't forget she is a Dragon.
I'm sorry to be that guy but Tinkerer himself confirmed to me that Dragon DNA (that's to them being naturally magical) overrides Human (& all mortal) DNA. They are essentially sperm donors & the children born of these unions are dragons who lack any & all their mortal parents DNA. It's like the dragons just take the part that let's fertilisation to take place, that's it. This is what I learned from the source himself, only thing he has confirmed about dragons really :(

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
it was a counter to DomWolf's "in fact Human children are essentially animals, we educate them to learn language, make/utilise tools & function in society"
Baby mammals, & some other species, still learn from their parents. They are taught through action, vision & copying all the things they need. Even animals that arnt taught learn from the mistakes of those who they see not survive.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I mean it IS a natural ability, they are NATURALLY MAGICAL creatures, but I feel that using the shapeshifting would be a thing they learn. I'm not arguing against them having natural shapeshifting.
Then what was the point you were trying to make? My preferred take was Naturally Ability it was you who argued against it... Natural Abilities can manifest at any age, it is "control" that tends to take time and patience to master, I can imagine the juvenile changing form because she gets distracted or confused, for example maybe spying on the IMP & MC during one of her horny moments and transforming into something similar as her emotions/urges take over.

They are inteligent creatures who live for extended periods of time & let's be honest Dragon media changes the rules of breeding case by case. But I feel that they are very weak at their "teen" stage like a lion or elephant kicked from the pack/herd. Also they are too big in the long run to share territory with their parent(s) or siblings. Also I just wanna keep pumping her with Dragonlings & I'm basing on the way Imps leave the nest in game after some time so you can keep filling her.
Are you confusing me with Damagus01?, he was the one who put forward the thought that the Juvenile Dragon would be overpowered, I argued against that assumption. Personally I don't really care about making babies for the sake of making babies, I'm quite happy for any excess offspring to venture into the world to discover it's mysteries for themselves as soon as they develop basic skills.

I'm still arguing against "big" though... Tinkerer might be for locking in that state and that's his right as the creator of this game, but I prefer the concept of a Dragon society hidden among other mortal races in disguise, occasionally taking traditional forms to keep the legend alive. Vix representing an exception to this, she is to old, aloof and set in her ways, seeing this way of life as beneath her.

Do you ever wonder who the Illuminati really are :cautious:

I'm sorry to be that guy but Tinkerer himself confirmed to me that Dragon DNA (that's to them being naturally magical) overrides Human (& all mortal) DNA. They are essentially sperm donors & the children born of these unions are dragons who lack any & all their mortal parents DNA. It's like the dragons just take the part that let's fertilisation to take place, that's it. This is what I learned from the source himself, only thing he has confirmed about dragons really :(
  1. Tinkerers opinion is irrelevant to this, My post was about what I'd like to see in the game and the chain of logic that would allow that to make sense & enrich the journey IMO, It was not any kind of prediction about what Tinkerer will actually do. (I'm not interested in discussing Tinkerers Plans, I'll learn those in due course when they are actually implemented in the game...#NoSpoilers)
  2. I was very clear that I think of the MC as a God (or DemiGod) as the offspring of Two gods, and I seem to remember seeing you post a few times that you think at least one of the gods is the MC's parent, so why do you keep referring to "mortal" and "human"??

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
Not necessarily. If Birgitte ends up joining the Temple then she would be on the second to last row. Qetesh, being a goddess, could be placed in the bottem right corner (with Nergal?)

But then again he has changed it to smaller in the past so he might extend it if he decides he needs to.
He mind as well extends it as the 1st & 2nd row only have enough space for Cath & Orga respectively otherwise we mind as well kiss the dwarven girl, Vixenera's hybrid daughter & many other potential fuckbuddies of the mc's goodbye

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Then what was the point you were trying to make? My preferred take was Naturally Ability it was you who argued against it... Natural Abilities can manifest at any age, it is "control" that tends to take time and patience to master, I can imagine the juvenile changing form because she gets distracted or confused, for example maybe spying on the IMP & MC during one of her horny moments and transforming into something similar as her emotions/urges take over.

Are you confusing me with Damagus01?, he was the one who put forward the thought that the Juvenile Dragon would be overpowered, I argued against that assumption. Personally I don't really care about making babies for the sake of making babies, I'm quite happy for any excess offspring to venture into the world to discover it's mysteries for themselves as soon as they develop basic skills.

I'm still arguing against "big" though... Tinkerer might be for locking in that state and that's his right as the creator of this game, but I prefer the concept of a Dragon society hidden among other mortal races in disguise, occasionally taking traditional forms to keep the legend alive. Vix representing an exception to this, she is to old, aloof and set in her ways, seeing this way of life as beneath her.

Do you ever wonder who the Illuminati really are :cautious:

1. Tinkerers opinion is irrelevant to this, My post was about what I'd like to see in the game and the chain of logic that would allow that to make sense & enrich the journey IMO, It was not any kind of prediction about what Tinkerer will actually do. (I'm not interested in discussing Tinkerers Plans, I'll learn those in due course when they are actually implemented in the game...#NoSpoilers)
  2. I was very clear that I think of the MC as a God (or DemiGod) as the offspring of Two gods, and I seem to remember seeing you post a few times that you think at least one of the gods is the MC's parent, so why do you keep referring to "mortal" and "human"??

The natural ability thing was me actually agreeing with you. You brought up the Darwin stuff so I thought I'd clarify that I wasnt saying it was evolutionary that they use the humanoid form. Sorry for the misunderstanding on that one.

Apologise if that was a SPOILER he could still change his mind that's just what i was told last time i asked. It's not a big NO SPECIAL DAUGHTER because she would hypothetically still be able to transform if added. I was just saying she technically wouldnt be a hybrid.

Also i agree I beleive he may be a Demi-God of Qetesh, but until proven otherwise i dont know. Also I'm referring to mortals because i wasnt talking directly about the MC in this scenario.

Last edited:

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
He mind as well extends it as the 1st & 2nd row only have enough space for Cath & Orga respectively otherwise we mind as well kiss the dwarven girl, Vixenera's hybrid daughter & many other potential fuckbuddies of the mc's goodbye
Or we may as well kiss all Daughters (including Olga) goodbye. Non of these are confirmed by Tinkerer but he has said he wants to add a Dwarf. We can debate all these but at the end of the day the likelihood is we wont get all these characters :(

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
Are you confusing me with Damagus01?, he was the one who put forward the thought that the Juvenile Dragon would be overpowered, I argued against that assumption.
To be clear, this is what I said in reply to your response (emphasis added):
I don't think of juvenile dragons as overpowered. But I also like it when their ability to shapechange isn't developed until they are at least newly adult, at which point they're no longer juveniles.
I have no issue with what you'd like to see in the game. I have my own preferences, too, and likely neither of us will see everything we'd like. :)

Reactions: Stil996 and DomWolf

PANGHEEFONE

Sep 19, 2020
Or we may as well kiss all Daughters (including Olga) goodbye. Non of these are confirmed by Tinkerer but he has said he wants to add a Dwarf. We can debate all these but at the end of the day the likelihood is we wont get all these characters :(
Btw, notice how Julia & Annabelle aren't next to each other compared to other ladies who are blood relatives?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
To be clear, this is what I said in reply to your response (emphasis added):

I have no issue with what you'd like to see in the game. I have my own preferences, too, and likely neither of us will see everything we'd like. :)
Sorry, I meant to respond to that directly, I guess it got lost in the shuffle.

One of the points I made responding to DomWolf, was meant for you too, which was that we seem to be using different definitions for Juvenile in the context of creatures like this within stories like these, in that I meant Juvenile to mean a fully developed body but underdeveloped mind/skills (on reflection Tween might have been a better choice of word), in terms of dragons that live thousands of years, anything under 300 might fall under this category (with 500-600 years maybe being young adult) (just pulling numbers out my ass).

With any long lived (intelligent) creature having a "childhood" lengthened proportional to the expected lifespan (aka elves under 100 in some books being classed as children despite being fully mature physically).

Reactions: Damagus01
4.20 star(s) 202 Votes