DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Mad? what is wrong with you people.
Why are you attacking me for daring to point out spot fixes.

I dont beleive M3ntir is saying you are mad about it, it's just he has see many people get incredibly frustrated over the mistakes because they spend hours on it & then come here ask. One of the biggest flaws we ahve seen is the WT says "Fertility Potion" instead if "Energy Potion" which I'll admit stumped me when I first played that bit. He most lilley just ment to preemptively let know about that bit.

I'm sure I speak for most when I say it's good that there are people willing to point out any & all mistakes/oversights :) its makes the (fingers crossed) revised version better in the long run.

titouille313

Apr 23, 2017
After completing "The Wedding" have sex 1 Time at the lake, have sex by completing "Mead" (ask for sex in village, she will say not while everyones here), then come to Camp around midday & trigger Pickyuprock (chief & Tahnk will be standing with Hilde in front of 3 rocks). Use Giats Strength to win the game & make sure you have a Phallus G. From this point on you can cum inside her.
It seemed i missed the rock lifty thing, so it worked perfectly after ! Thank you !

Reactions: DomWolf

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Mad? what is wrong with you people.
Why are you attacking me for daring to point out spot fixes.

Nobody has the time to go through line by line and audit an old text. and I am not asking for it.
Rather, I am volunteering my time to find specific line errors so they could very easily be fixed at basically zero effort.

And you guys get very mad that I dared to do so and then start projecting that anger at others. Pretending someone is "angry" because they did a bug report.
Writing a WT is a rather dedicated task. You probably need to track down the author, or find some one with deep knowledge of the game and has the tool as well as the time.

Other reasons:
Some people do not use the WT. Even when I use it, I would want it to be "point me to the right direction" rather than a step-by-step guide with all of the spoilers. I have never read the WT in full.

Not too many people have the tool to edit pdf file. I certainly do not want to give Adobe my CC number to just edit a few lines. People aren't mad at you. They probably just think there is no need to jump through hoops to make a few minor changes.

In order to be "accurate", the author needs to know the game very well. Thing such as quest requirements, and quest results, ... This go back to my first point, how much information to include before you start to spoil all the fun.

If you really into it, why don't you make the changes yourself? We will be very much appriciated.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Writing a WT is a rather dedicated task. You probably need to track down the author, or find some one with deep knowledge of the game and has the tool as well as the time.

Other reasons:
Some people do not use the WT. Even when I use it, I would want it to be "point me to the right direction" rather than a step-by-step guide with all of the spoilers. I have never read the WT in full.

Not too many people have the tool to edit pdf file. I certainly do not want to give Adobe my CC number to just edit a few lines. People aren't mad at you. They probably just think there is no need to jump through hoops to make a few minor changes.

In order to be "accurate", the author needs to know the game very well. Thing such as quest requirements, and quest results, ... This go back to my first point, how much information to include before you start to spoil all the fun.

If you really into it, why don't you make the changes yourself? We will be very much appriciated.
I am 99% sure the author is the person who posted them, which is who I replied to. And who has been releasing updates on the regular.

As for modifying them myself. I would have, but they were released as PDF files, which are not designed to be modified by an end user. I would need his source files (probably microsoft word .docx file) to make the modifications

If this was on a wiki I would have already made the spot corrections.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
...As for modifying them myself. I would have, but they were released as PDF files, which are not designed to be modified by an end user. I would need his source files (probably microsoft word .docx file) to make the modifications
or you can open them in a browser and copy/paste them into whatever txt app you want.

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
I am 99% sure the author is the person who posted them, which is who I replied to. And who has been releasing updates on the regular.
Post them when, where? I'm pretty sure that M3ntir didn't make the WT.

The pdf was make by someone by the name Ghostwalker, but I could not find any post by the same user name in the forum. Initially, it was done by bartleby for version 0.61. The last combine was made by Ghostwalker for version 2.6x, which is more than 3 years ago.

As for modifying them myself. I would have, but they were released as PDF files, which are not designed to be modified by an end user. I would need his source files (probably microsoft word .docx file) to make the modifications
This is exactly what I said. Going through the whole trouble to make a tiny correction which might not be relevant anymore. How many new player will follow the WT word-by-word, or read the WT before playing the game? How many care or don't care about NTR, which is not even real NTR? The content is not even a surprised. Player has a clear choice before proceed.

Or as said above, you can make a new one yourself. Copy and paste. Text document will be just fine.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
or you can open them in a browser and copy/paste them into whatever txt app you want.
Wrong. you cannot.
PDFs are a real bitch of a format to extract text from. They don't store it as text but as images.

To copy paste out of a PDF requires relying on OCR (optical character recognition) of your PDF software.
Most cannot do it at all. SumatraPDF can... but it makes errors during the copy process where it misrecognizes letters.

If I just try to copy paste the whole document into libre office writer it pastes each page as a photo. impossible to edit.

Using sumatraPDF (great open source program for PDFs) I can extract text from one page at a time using its built in OCR... but that completely destroys all formatting and introduces copy errors.

As such, rather than a single spot correction, it would require me to completely redo the entire thing. Easily a few dozen work-hours.

If they were abandoned it might be justified to do. But they are currently being actively worked on considering the last update to the walkthrough was about 2 weeks ago.
So if I do spend 30 hours redoing the entire walkthrough to fix one line, my change will end up being abandoned the next time m3ntir releases a newer version of the walkthrough in pdf from his own source files.
Post them when, where? I'm pretty sure that M3ntir didn't make the WT.
How do you know it was not M3ntir?
It could be M3ntir's name on a different forum. people use different names for different forums you know.
M3ntir updated his post containing the walkthroughs a little over 2 weeks ago. (dec 20th, 2023). this shows they are still being actively worked on. And over the last few years every update resulted in m3ntir updating his walkthrough post with newly updated walkthroughs. since there is no link to the walkthrough writer's official site, then m3ntir is the only known contact point between us and the walkthrough writer. if m3ntir isn't the walkthrough writer.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Wrong. you cannot.
PDFs are a real bitch of a format to extract text from. They don't store it as text but as images.
Hmm... you know what.
So, there are apparently "online converter" programs that convert pdf to word file for editing.
But those are online tools which are quite annoying to use. They tend to add watermarks, cost money, and do a poor job. I don't t trust them.

But that gave me the idea, could I force it to open in libreoffice writer? and apparently. you can in fact do that.
it converts it to ODF Drawing (ODF stands for open document format). And cannot resave it as pdf.
But it does let you make a spot edit...
Sorta, each page is its own seperate thing. so, if I delete a few lines it won't properly reflow the text from previous pages.

Doing further research online, I found this article on the subject

Apparently MS word does a little trick.
If someone uses MS word to export a word file into a pdf then it actually packs BOTH the original word file and the new pdf file together into a single pdf file.

It can be opened normally in pdf programs which only see the PDF file.
But if MS word opens it for editing, then it can find the hidden docx file and let you edit that.
a clever trick to get around the fact PDFs are impossible to edit
No idea if it would work here since I don't have MS Word to try and open these pdfs with.

In theory, if these walkthrough pdf files were made in MS word (which is not certain), then someone who has MS word could open them in word, and then perform a "save as" to save them as a .docx file (or odf).
then upload those. at which point they will become editable by anyone.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
Wrong. you cannot.

To copy paste out of a PDF requires relying on OCR (optical character recognition) of your PDF software.
Most cannot do it at all. SumatraPDF can... but it makes errors during the copy process where it misrecognizes letters.

If I just try to copy paste the whole document into libre office writer it pastes each page as a photo. impossible to edit.

Using sumatraPDF (great open source program for PDFs) I can extract text from one page at a time using its built in OCR... but that completely destroys all formatting and introduces copy errors.

As such, rather than a single spot correction, it would require me to completely redo the entire thing. Easily a few dozen work-hours.

If they were abandoned it might be justified to do. But they are currently being actively worked on considering the last update to the walkthrough was about 2 weeks ago.
So if I do spend 30 hours redoing the entire walkthrough to fix one line, my change will end up being abandoned the next time m3ntir releases a newer version of the walkthrough in pdf from his own source files.
I just still don't understand what's bothering you. Why do you need to fix the walkthrough? You can play according to it, and thanks to the revisions of the game, there are a couple of minor irregularities. Maybe when the game is complete, someone will rework it into a state you would like.

How do you know it was not M3ntir?
It could be M3ntir's name on a different forum. people use different names for different forums you know.
M3ntir updated his post containing the walkthroughs a little over 2 weeks ago. (dec 20th, 2023). this shows they are still being actively worked on. And over the last few years every update resulted in m3ntir updating his walkthrough post with newly updated walkthroughs. since there is no link to the walkthrough writer's official site, then m3ntir is the only known contact point between us and the walkthrough writer. if m3ntir isn't the walkthrough writer.
Thats easy: M3ntir, please, are you walkthrough writer? Or even better, you can ask the author to correct the error that harem.king has been talking about for two pages.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Wrong. you cannot.
No Bud you're wrong, I didn't pull that post out my ass, I tested it first and it works fine (for Firefox at least), you lose the formatting but the text is lifted with no problems. (not counting a few formatting artifacts)

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
No Bud you're wrong, I didn't pull that post out my ass, I tested it first and it works fine (for Firefox at least), you lose the formatting but the text is lifted with no problems. (not counting a few formatting artifacts)
> No problems at all
> All formatting lost
> Unparsable symbols
> OCR errors well. can't see any of those offhand. so maybe not those.

That is a very funny way of saying no problems.
Do you know how many man hours it would take to fix all those pages? It would only make sense if the original author is dead and unable to make edits himself or unable to release the source files.

If you have MS word it would be better to try that one.
since, if the file was originally created in MS word (most likely) then converted to PDF. then the PDF has a hidden .docx file that can be found and opened by MS word. And could allow it to be re-saved as any format you want without losing anything.

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I just still don't understand what's bothering you.
About the walkthrough? nothing.

The only thing that bothers me is that several people here are throwing a fit at me and insisting I am "angry" for taking my time and pointing out a specific line fix to the person who is the only known source of all the different walkthroughs (and thus presumably their author, and thus presumably someone who has the source file in hand).

I didn't demand anyone do a line by line audit and fix all problems.
I went through the document, found a specific error, and pointed it out. That is it.
This is called a error report.
I hoped the author of the walkthrough will then apply that one line edit. Or maybe he won't and I would have wasted a few minutes of writing it. no big deal.

Normal sane responses:
1. Thank you for the error report. We fixed it
2. Thank you for the error report. Unfortunately it would be too much trouble to fix so it would have to stay.
3. (ignore it). (not ideal. but still normal)

Insane person response
> HOW DARE YOU.
> Stop being so angry that there are error
> Don't you realize how much effort it would be to fix every possible error?

This behavior is frankly baffling and utterly absurd.

Last edited:

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Wrong. you cannot.
You can definitely copy the texts. You will have to reformat it in your text editor.

I test it using MS Edge to view the pdf. Copy and paste the text onto MS Word (2007 edition).

As I said earlier, editing pdf is not as simple as it sounds. Unless, you have the software. Or the original doc. Or start a new one yourself.

Normal sane responses:
Who fix it? Have you find the authors of the pdf?

Insane person response
> HOW DARE YOU.
> "what is bothering you?"
People are just pointing out that it's not worth the trouble to correct one error, which may or may not help new players. The oldies already know.

There are worse problem with the original WT that you might not even know about.

If you have the time and the knowledge (about the game), make a new WT. We will be very much appriciated. (I said this twice).

Last edited:

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
You can definitely copy the texts. You will have to reformat it in your text editor.
Read the rest of the post you are replying to.
It literally says that the only thing you would be extracting is raw unformatted text, that would contain some errors.
As demonstrated by sil a few posts ago who... did exactly that and produced unformatted text full of weird illegible symbols
As I said earlier, editing pdf is not as simple as it sounds. Unless, you have the software. Or the original doc. Or start a new one yourself.
That is what I said earlier too. Yes.

Which is why I approached the one person who has been, for the past 3 years, posting these walkthroughs. And has posted one 2 weeks ago. That behavior makes it look like he or she is the source of said walkthroughs and presumably has the source files.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
About the walkthrough? nothing.

The only thing that bothers me is that several people here are throwing a fit at me and insisting I am "angry" for taking my time and pointing out a specific line fix to the person who is the only known source of all the different walkthroughs (and thus presumably their author, and thus presumably someone who has the source file in hand).

I didn't demand anyone do a line by line audit and fix all problems.
I went through the document, found a specific error, and pointed it out. That is it.
This is called a error report.
I hoped the author of the walkthrough will then apply that one line edit. Or maybe he won't and I would have wasted a few minutes of writing it. no big deal.

Normal sane responses:
2. Thank you for the error report. Unfortunately it would be too much trouble to fix so it would have to stay.
3. (ignore it). (not ideal. but still normal)

Insane person response
> HOW DARE YOU.

This behavior is frankly baffling and utterly absurd.
The problem is that we don't have contact with the person who made the walkthrough here. Tinkerer is also registered here, but he hasn't posted here in a very long time. Although he does log in occasionally. Our only connection between Dev and his team is M3ntir, who also happens to be a moderator on Tinkerer's Discord.

The others here are just dirty pirates, they're running naughty shits and waiting to steal a piece of treasure again.

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes