Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
This might upset many but here goes.
I've played the update on my saved games and then played it from the start again.
Having played the game over a hundred times I have to say that with the latest update the game has lost much of it's appeal for me.
Despite a lot of people moaning about the grind in the early part of the game it has to be remembered that this is a game and not a visual novel, at least it was.
I never was a fan of cheats and only used them a couple of times in the past, what is the point of them other than to take away the need to think from the player.
It's clear from the comments on this thread that few players actually read or interpret the clues Tinkerer has included in the game for the player to follow.
Now there is no need to plan, no need to hoard resources, no need think about what you might be facing, no need for caution, with this update you cannot fail at anything.
Money flows like water from a perpetual spring, potions are there for the taking with zero effort needed from the player, killing any foe requires at most two strikes.
I'll play the updates on my save games but I don't envisage playing the game from the start again because, sadly, the games no longer poses a challenge.
Well that's my two pennies worth.
Feel free to rebuke me if you wish for wanting the game to remain the challenge it once was.
Uh, then don't use the cheats then? The cheats are purely optional and don't 'need' to be used....
Like, they don't inherently make the game worse merely bc they're an option you can choose to use or not.

Personally, I'll use the hell out of cheats if it'll nix aspects about the game I'd rather not want to deal with. That's kinda the point of having cheats. And, more to the point, not every player wants a ball busting, masochist challenge run.

I personally don't mind grinding, but I HATE affection degradation. Screw that noise. That shit can fuck right off. So, for me at least, god bless cheats that disable that annoying nuisance of a feature.
Same with money. I just like having money to get more and do more.

Point is, what makes a game fun 'may include cheats', if they're available and is up to the player. Naturally, as with most anything else, ymmv and what makes a peak enjoyment experience is purely subjective. Don't advocate taking away my ability to meddle with affection just cuz it ruined your day! Just don't use it yourself and go about your business in game as if it doesn't exist.

Like, I like the game but hate the art. Now THAT'S something I wish I could change with a fiery passion! But hey, you don't see me saying the game's bad bc of it. And unlike the cheats, which are COMPLETELY optional mind you, I can't avoid the art when I play.

Plenty of ppl like the art tho, which is fine. Just a difference in aesthetic preferences.... though I'd be totally okay with a complete art rework too, ngl.
My point is.... if you're complain about the game.... at least complain about something utterly unavoidable.

Last edited:

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Well I've now deleted all my saves and will leave the game alone from now on.
Why? The Cheats do not affect you if you dont want to. They exist for people who dont want the game aspect while you can still grind & manage resources as much as you want. As long as you play the game how you want that shouldnt affect you're time playing the game.

KDC117

Jan 15, 2019
For Mac, I'm unable to open the game. It says I don't have permission even though I changed the permissions. Does anyone have a solution?

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
the problem is that if I try to exit the castle, the spider scene repeats over and over again
That will be because you cheated and gave yourself a load of spiderqueen eggs, edit your save again this time set them to zero... ditto for the other quest items you've probably given yourself.

Edit: after posting this I see two others have answered this, I'll leave it though because the other quest items you inevitably gave yourself can also bug out your game, if you're going to cheat limit yourself to the stuff that respawns or the stuff you can buy infinite amounts in the store... The one of a kinds have story triggers/set flags.

Last edited:

vesa0099

Jul 4, 2019
what to do I do not have a quest her first hunt I do not know how to start the quest I completed the quest the goblin king and shakala in the cave I miss the day
but nothing happens

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
the cheat stuff is not going to leave, due was my idea to make it so.
that part is to prevent people from save editing mostly, breaking the save takes time to repair or some cases it not possible.
so easy way to get items fast was added for that reason. same for the new power amulet so people dont have to change their attack/speed and so on values.

All the changes in this update have rendered much of the old game obsolete and that is much of what I miss.

you not forced to buy potions or take them from the chests. But people agree if you further in the game some things should become easyer. making progress should award people so they dont have to do everything all the time.
I understand and support having the cheats in-game. Especially the new version of Cheatmode intended to make editing/modding less necessary, for the reasons you give.

I do think Freddy should be relocated to somewhere on the map players don't regularly go to, though. Players are notorious for investigating stuff that looks out of place and he's currently near a spot necessary for advancing the game. And maybe make it so he's not immediately visible, under a bush or something. The previous Cheatmode switch was far less obvious.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I understand and support having the cheats in-game. Especially the new version of Cheatmode intended to make editing/modding less necessary, for the reasons you give.

I do think Freddy should be relocated to somewhere on the map players don't regularly go to, though. Players are notorious for investigating stuff that looks out of place and he's currently near a spot necessary for advancing the game. And maybe make it so he's not immediately visible, under a bush or something. The previous Cheatmode switch was far less obvious.
I agree to a degree, move him the a slightly more remote location, make it into a quest (a really easy quest), but a quest all the same, -- Track down the thief and return what he stole -- giving the player the option to keep the stolen goods for themselves (cheats on) or return them for a small reward (cheats off), with an option to "rob" the mayor if you change your mind (maybe a "vault" in the mayors house to turn cheats on/off)

Digga D

Jun 5, 2019
Birgitte is a big slut :sneaky:. She thinks Tankh is handsome and enjoys fucking him. She even says she's done worse!

I can only imagine what sexual experiences she's had, she's more shameless than the giant sisters. Birgitte is hottest giant and my favourite of the 3.

M3ntir

Mar 20, 2019

I agree to a degree, move him the a slightly more remote location, make it into a quest (a really easy quest), but a quest all the same, -- Track down the thief and return what he stole -- giving the player the option to keep the stolen goods for themselves (cheats on) or return them for a small reward (cheats off), with an option to "rob" the mayor if you change your mind (maybe a "vault" in the mayors house to turn cheats on/off)
We put it there due we want to keep the cheat stuff close due the other flower for freezing affection is still in its place, so far not everbody knows about the cheats in the first place so we dont want to make a quest out of it. Keep in mind its also good use for when we have test version of the game just to grab some fast items when the test periode is around.

i can understand some people dont like it but its for cheating in the first place. so you dont have to do it .

Reactions: DomWolf

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
If you make it a quest players will see it in the questlog and assume you need to complete it. And if the mayor had access to those chests Weirdwood would be far more prosperous...

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
We put it there due we want to keep the cheat stuff close due the other flower for freezing affection is still in its place, so far not everbody knows about the cheats in the first place so we dont want to make a quest out of it. Keep in mind its also good use for when we have test version of the game just to grab some fast items when the test periode is around.

i can understand some people dont like it but its for cheating in the first place. so you dont have to do it .
That's fair, and FTR I don't use it (or the Affection Decay cheat...I do use the BB cheat).

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
If you make it a quest players will see it in the questlog and assume you need to complete it. And if the mayor had access to those chests Weirdwood would be far more prosperous...
Why wouldn't you complete it? you'll simply be offered to chance to play with or without cheats on completion (Turn in the key or steal it) and why would Weirdwood be more properous? The Mayor is a greedy asshole, his wealth doesn't help the village (I know mine certainly doesn't :p)

PS you're turning in the key not the treasure, (so increase in wealth is debatable),

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

isn't the whole point of the cheats to give players an option other than save edit (as you told Damagus01)
... that requires making them aware, (aka Quests)

DomWolf

Forum Fanatic
Jul 2, 2020
Why wouldn't you complete it? you'll simply be offered to chance to play with or without cheats on completion (Turn in the key or steal it) and why would Weirdwood be more properous? The Mayor is a greedy asshole, his wealth doesn't help the village (I know mine certainly doesn't :p)

PS you're turning in the key not the treasure, (so increase in wealth is debatable),
Honestly cheat should be treated as outside content. I dont see a finally good reason to make it a quest. If anyone has an issue with the existence of a cheat mode that they DONT HAVE TO USE that's their problem. Theres no need to tinker with this any further.

Reactions: Damagus01

Dlorran

May 24, 2021
In the game we can find female bats, and in the game we can see that some have different body types, is it possible to choose which one to get to be the slave?

Damagus01

Nov 20, 2022
In the game we can find female bats, and in the game we can see that some have different body types, is it possible to choose which one to get to be the slave?
Currently no. In theory that could be added, but it'd take quite a bit of work with no effective change in gameplay.

Reactions: Dlorran
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes