Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
Problem is... that would require the Peasant to meet some kind of weaponmaster, as he had never been professionally trained in swordmanship.
Heck it's a miracle he hasn't multilated himself so far considering his more often than not slow mind and improveable reflexes.
The only good point of the "Hero" is his unbending will to get laid...
it took him several training sessions with an Veteran soldier to learn to handle 2 handed blades and wear heavy armor (and soldiers tend to barely receive enough training to hit a target infront of them with a clear strike and without killing themselfes and their comrades next to them), and the heavy strike was tought to him by a Goblin brute... he doesn't even have a knick for magic as Erevy proved (and his date with Beth and Werewolf scene with Mia [if you didn't chicken out and used the switch])
I don't think it needs a weaponmaster, or that it's a problem. But sure, why not. We already have the Veteran soldier, the goblin brute, we have that goblin woman who was supposedly the strongest of the tribe, the Elf is an expert archer, and while the MC "doesn'teven have a knick for magic", he still managed to learn the only, and reasonably useful AoE in the game, we would need no more than that from a "weaponmaster" either. And MC proved he is capable of learning.
...Eventually.

I don't think providing a plausible explanation for a handful of different strikes is anywhere close to being an actual problem.

Reactions: silentangel

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I don't think it needs a weaponmaster, or that it's a problem. But sure, why not. We already have the Veteran soldier, the goblin brute, we have that goblin woman who was supposedly the strongest of the tribe, the Elf is an expert archer, and while the MC "doesn'teven have a knick for magic", he still managed to learn the only, and reasonably useful AoE in the game, we would need no more than that from a "weaponmaster" either. And MC proved he is capable of learning.
...Eventually.

I don't think providing a plausible explanation for a handful of different strikes is anywhere close to being an actual problem.
ok let's humour this idea a bit further...
The Peasant is currently residing in a very small gathering of abodes barely justifying the term "village"... there is no ongoing war and the crown and nobility seem to be more absorbed to fight among oneself (as the letter to Roderick in the bandit hideout proves) than to be concerned of the Goblins gathering and organising each other or the revival of lost religions that had been the origin to the last major war.
they even ignored a raise of banditry along the western road (caused by Roderick again as the letter states), which shows how insignificant that region is.
The "Veteran" is a guard that received training in handeling a sword and armor... which he tought to the MC aswell... there is no form or poses that would be required to several of the mentioned technices. We took control of him dureing the liberation of the temple and he didn't posess any combat skill aside of "heal".
The goblins fight without mind and in no clear formation or deeper skill... just overpowering strengh and numbers... so no matter what none of the currently introduced characters are skilled enough to train the MC in any meaningful bladeskills.
Our archer girlfriend is in no condition to fire a bow (that's why we crafted her a crossbow), and before that she wasn't particulary skilled archer herself... she had been an elven noble and partygirl (which caused her station in that area in the first place).
So summary... there is no need for a knight or blademaster to travel that region, noone around can train him anything about forms or technices to master additionally skills and the peasant doesn't even consider improveing his flailing around to actually start fighting or develope some skills on his own...
Otherwise there would be a chance that sparring with Gabriel (the "Veteran") would allow him to learn some basic skills like pommel or striking the sword arm.

Last edited:

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
...Eventually.

If it's any consolation... once the vampire sisters get their update, the peasant will learn how to channel his thrall powers

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
The "Veteran" is a guard that received training in handeling a sword and armor... which he tought to the MC aswell... there is no form or poses that would be required to several of the mentioned technices. We took control of him dureing the liberation of the temple and he didn't posess any combat skill aside of "heal".
I was entertaining the thought it wouldn't be good for some reason that escaped me, but with this you lost me. Now I'm sure.

First of all, if he's a guard, he learned to fight. Fighting isn't about flailing a sword in the general direction of the enemy in heavy armor. If he received ANY training, which he most likely had considering he could wield a bulky, two-handed weapon which could hurt allies if flailed carelessly (your argument), then he knows a whole lot more than that. On top of that, wearing heavy armor does NOT require "training". That's an RPG element.
Second, the reason he had no skills is because it's a bloody game that is missing those skills and only has 1 mildly useful generic attack, which is exactly my point.
He didn't have them, because they simply don't exist in the game. That's not an argument you can use against the development of said skills, of the development of an actually engaging combat system.

So summary... there is no need for a knight or blademaster to travel that region, noone around can train him anything about forms or technices to master
And third, you we still aren't talking about "martial arts". Using the blunt end of a sword to deliver a quicker punch in someone's face is not a "technique" you need a grandmaster to teach you.
Quickly flailing your sword 3 times in a single turn is not a skill you need a "weaponmaster" for.
You need a shed of common sense and a vague desire to actually get an itsy-bitsy better. Which MC has already, because he wants to shag everything with two legs and a pair of boobs.

You don't have a proper argument here I'm afraid, but I would like it very much if you stopped with this nonsense, it's insulting.

Reactions: silentangel

hammerface

May 18, 2018
I must be about the 400th person to say this but... ffs give us some sort of indicator of what happens at goblin weddings before we say the words. That shit was gross! And didn't make much sense given what we've heard about how particular the females are about mating.

Not poo-pooing you if you're into that stuff, just sayin' it's the kind of scene that are gonna have a lot of players drop the game.. I play for enjoyment, not feeling slightly sick at my computer screen xD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I was entertaining the thought it wouldn't be good for some reason that escaped me, but with this you lost me. Now I'm sure.

First of all, if he's a guard, he learned to fight. Fighting isn't about flailing a sword in the general direction of the enemy in heavy armor. If he received ANY training, which he most likely had considering he could wield a bulky, two-handed weapon which could hurt allies if flailed carelessly (your argument), then he knows a whole lot more than that. On top of that, wearing heavy armor does NOT require "training". That's an RPG element.
Second, the reason he had no skills is because it's a bloody game that is missing those skills and only has 1 mildly useful generic attack, which is exactly my point.
He didn't have them, because they simply don't exist in the game. That's not an argument you can use against the development of said skills, of the development of an actually engaging combat system.

And third, you we still aren't talking about "martial arts". Using the blunt end of a sword to deliver a quicker punch in someone's face is not a "technique" you need a grandmaster to teach you.
Quickly flailing your sword 3 times in a single turn is not a skill you need a "weaponmaster" for.
You need a shed of common sense and a vague desire to actually get an itsy-bitsy better. Which MC has already, because he wants to shag everything with two legs and a pair of boobs.

You don't have a proper argument here I'm afraid, but I would like it very much if you stopped with this nonsense, it's insulting.
Sorry if you take this conversation personal... my point is Guards in the past barely received enough training to march in a line and stab a target infront of them.. it takes quiet some training to getting used to an armor that weigth more than the person itself and hinders movement by it's form...
a guard is not a soldier or knight... those received some meaningful combat training.
The Peasant is already a better fighter than any of the current guards in weirdwood.
You say the player is motivated to improve his combat skill... where did you get that idea? aside of trying to master heavy armor and big swords there is no time the MC actually tries to improve... and each time he did try to learn something he either thought "it would be cool" or had an actual need for it to shack a girl (like summoning) but the game also stated that it took longer than normal to learn these skills as the player had a lack of talent.
Actual combat skills require poseing, footing and carefully studied movements... if you just try to hit an enemy with the hilt of your sword you'll be dead after the first step.

And since when did a thral gain anything from enslavement by a vampire, if he had been converted into one that would be a different story but a Thral is as the name says only a slave, some stories say they are addicted to their masters blood other states that they will decay and die without it... but none say that a thrall became an all powerfull champion over night.

• Angry
Reactions: Mossrock

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I must be about the 400th person to say this but... ffs give us some sort of indicator of what happens at goblin weddings before we say the words. That shit was gross! And didn't make much sense given what we've heard about how particular the females are about mating.

Not poo-pooing you if you're into that stuff, just sayin' it's the kind of scene that are gonna have a lot of players drop the game.. I play for enjoyment, not feeling slightly sick at my computer screen xD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And for the 401th time, I'm telling you it's gonna be patched in the next update

Arnië*I*

Jun 21, 2017
i fucked up my save (from hours playing it), there is a way to increase my level (like a patch or a site)i can tolerate watching the scenes again but the grind..., o zeus spare me from do that!

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
do you have to run around like most of the other rpgm games? if so, how bad is the map design?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
do you have to run around like most of the other rpgm games? if so, how bad is the map design?
quiet nice and since there are no random encounters with enemies (all are visible on the maps) you can even out navigate or run them.
Later you can also unlock a fast travel method via keypoint portals
The active area of the Player to do different stuff is also rather limited which makes you pass the same areas rather frequently for gathering special materials or slaying enemies

enuthral

Jul 29, 2018
Okay, not sure why but cannot get An unwelcome guest quest started. Ive slept 20 days, passed the time, Victoria was definitely pregnant, definitely had sex with her while pregnant, ie daughter threesome scene. house is rented, only quest showing up still is the cemetary one. Am i missing something, is it a bug? Anyone get it to trigger and if they did can you explain it....

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
hello i have a problem anyone knows how to fix it View attachment 474719
I might misinterpret this... but why do you have a running winrar window open?
did you start the game from within the archive?
Okay, not sure why but cannot get An unwelcome guest quest started. Ive slept 20 days, passed the time, Victoria was definitely pregnant, definitely had sex with her while pregnant, ie daughter threesome scene. house is rented, only quest showing up still is the cemetary one. Am i missing something, is it a bug? Anyone get it to trigger and if they did can you explain it....
Did you sneek into her room at evening/night after she got visibly pregnant?

enuthral

Jul 29, 2018
I might misinterpret this... but why do you have a running winrar window open?
did you start the game from within the archive?

Did you sneek into her room at evening/night after she got visibly pregnant?
yes i have, got to the point the husband knocked... and went away.

enuthral

Jul 29, 2018

okay just answered my question, i had in the past had the pregnant sex, but i guess with the update its necessary to do the pregnant sex with victoria again, to get the quest underway.

Chuturica

May 9, 2017
From Walkthrouh :

Activation requirements: This quest activates once Victoria has been pregnant for at least 20 days, you’ve had sex with her while pregnant, the waystone quest has been completed and you are currently renting the house in the village.

4.20 star(s) 202 Votes