• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.10 star(s) 22 Votes
Dec 9, 2018
That is one fun puzzle game for sure. That planet puzzle possibly the most fitting for a magic college so far. Hope Sebastian is gonna make demands the elf needs his help. She can summon a succubus from one of his books now after all :)

erikwfg

Sep 27, 2017
I say make a discord server, dev. I don't think following a page here gives you the attention you deserve. You made a great thing so far.

Also, what about subscribstar?

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Also, what about subscribstar?
The kind of project that I'm developing won't get enough support to make subscription model practical. At the same time it puts a lot of pressure, because I'd have to stick to release schedule, people pay for regular updates after all.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Not to mention there being a rather pronounced stigma of Subscribstar and Patreon and the likes being gateways into devs purposely slowing development to a glacial at best pace, if not outright notionally abandoning productivity entirely, so as to milk the playerbase. People pay for updates indeed, but it's frighteningly easy to get them to pay for essentially broken promises and lazy malingering disguised as legitimate setbacks. I wouldn't recommend going that route either just based solely on that temptation alone.

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
Yeah, the connotation of sites like patreon seems to have changed over time (to me at least). In the beginning, it was just a way to support a creator for whatever they did. However, it's a weird place for game development. It's similar to "Early Access" where you are putting money into a game that might not be anywhere closed to finished (with no guarantee to finish) except you're paying a monthly subscription. This makes people feel entitled to a game even though it might be one or a few people at best making the game and the patrons are expecting the game to be finished within a couple of years otherwise they're milking them.

Buying an early access game at a cheaper price just makes more sense as a consumer since it's less risk while still supporting the developer. That's partly why I don't subscribe to these sites because I'd pay full price for the game within a few months in some cases. As an example, I bought Subverse in early access because I was willing to part with that price point based on a mix of what they had plus my trust in what they would do. If they did Patreon then at best I would just be waiting until the full release.

I'm not saying early access is the best way to go for your game, but I feel like it might be the least stressful since people are technically paying for what's already there and anything more added is just icing. Though, some developers do the "episodic" thing to justify not releasing a "full" game upfront while still earning some additional revenue if they sell each episode separately.

And I know early access had a negative connotation too at one point, but I think that was mainly because it was major studios with millions of dollars doing it and not small indie devs scraping by doing it.

DanCraul

Aug 31, 2022
The kind of project that I'm developing won't get enough support to make subscription model practical. At the same time it puts a lot of pressure, because I'd have to stick to release schedule, people pay for regular updates after all.
Hello, dear developer. I would just like to know (I couldn't find any information among the messages) whether the game will be developed further, or have you abandoned it? Of course, I won't rush you or ask "when?", I'm just curious, that's all. I also apologize for my English, I use a translator

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
whether the game will be developed further, or have you abandoned it?
Game is in development. For the past few months I've been preparing it for Steam EA. For that I had to rearrange, polish and add some missing things. Build is basically ready, I just need to organize all the stuff on Steam, which apparently will take time (steam isn't as straightforward as itch)

Reactions: excalibur106

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Game is in development. For the past few months I've been preparing it for Steam EA. For that I had to rearrange, polish and add some missing things. Build is basically ready, I just need to organize all the stuff on Steam, which apparently will take time (steam isn't as straightforward as itch)
Do you plan on doing it on other platforms besides Steam? I hear that the Epic store gives better commissions. For example if the game costs $10, Steam would give you $6, but Epic would give you $7. Don't quote me on the exact numbers. Though I see why Steam is usually the choice - it's the most popular and in the long term would get you more money. Anyway, I'll just wait to see it

excalibur106

Oct 19, 2017
That's great news! This is one of my favorite games in the genre. I'm glad development has continued and I eagerly await the next release (more Futa Succubus scenes please o_O).

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Steam already does so it's not out of the question. I doubt that's a matter of "if" at this point.

overminder

Dec 30, 2020
The amount of time I spent waiting for review and approval of store page is unacceptable. But nevertheless, the game is on Steam EA now, therefore adding to wishlist is much appreciated :D

Your face, when monday morning's one minute has passed and you should works next 7:59.
1711753549795.png

4.10 star(s) 22 Votes