BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
There's like this strange see-saw between NTR and sharing that's going on in the scenes at the moment which ticks neither box.
Further to this; I do have ideas for where to take the Hirai element of the story that I think you might like - a second phase that's more directly NTR/voyeuristic, but it's just not there yet and will roll out slowly. Hirai's only been in the game for a few content updates and I've been adding the more introductory stuff, when the most interesting explorations of any of the characters tend to come later when I'm less burdened by the need to lay things out and have more time to think and space to be creative about it.

In general I try to force things as little as possible because I feel I get better results that way.

Reactions: Throwaway7777

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Further to this; I do have ideas for where to take the Hirai element of the story that I think you might like - a second phase that's more directly NTR/voyeuristic, but it's just not there yet and will roll out slowly. Hirai's only been in the game for a few content updates and I've been adding the more introductory stuff, when the most interesting explorations of any of the characters tend to come later when I'm less burdened by the need to lay things out and have more time to think and space to be creative about it.

In general I try to force things as little as possible because I feel I get better results that way.
Awesome. I mean, dominant/consensual sharing is pretty good too. The part I enjoy the most about NTR is the corruption; how they forego their morals and kinda abandon everything for their carnal desires. As long as there's a bunch of corruption, it's all good. I look forward to it.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
Not a fan of Hiroshi tbh. I cheated just to avoid him. BBen's games are good but every fucking game has him .
You can just skip it lol. You can still enjoy the game. I played PAL through the first time without doing any NTR and had separate saves for those scenes.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Will there be more NTR content in 0,23 or 0,24 or later versions? As far as I can tell it's couple of text message scenes with Hirai and some morning ones

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
In later versions, yes. 0.23 and 0.24 are about introducing Mika.
I understand but for current 3 girls it's done? Great game by the way, I enjoyed the type of NTR content in it
Of course I just wish the girls fell for Hirai a little slower but it's great nevertheless

Reactions: jags25655 and BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I understand but for current 3 girls it's done? Great game by the way, I enjoyed the type of NTR content in it
Of course I just wish the girls fell for Hirai a little slower but it's great nevertheless
No, there's more for all the characters coming in time. I'm largely trying to lay down the main features because they're more challenging and they need to be in there to allow for the more interesting side content to be included.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
BBBen, I've noticed upon launching the game I will see the 'Now Loading...' message. When the title screen renders on screen it will sometimes go black. From my perspective the title screen going blank happens whenever the stalker girl with glasses (her name escapes me at the moment) is the featured girl (the first one who renders).

I'm unable to click 'New Game', 'Load Game' or whatever on the left side of the screen when the screen is blank. I have to quit and restart. Like I said, I don't seem to have this issue when the model or landlady (I'm really bad with foreign names, sorry) render on the title screen.

I'm on a Mac running Big Sur (MacOS 11.1). I am one who gets the 'audio bug', so I'm not sure if they are related. I have turned down all sounds within the game to 0.

If this issue has already been reported I apologize, if not then here's an FYI. The workaround isn't that big of a deal, I'm saving my game at the end of every day anyway due to the audio bug. I just figured you'd want to be made aware as you appear to be concerned about the QoL of your software.

Keep up the great work!

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
BBBen, I've noticed upon launching the game I will see the 'Now Loading...' message. When the title screen renders on screen it will sometimes go black. From my perspective the title screen going blank happens whenever the stalker girl with glasses (her name escapes me at the moment) is the featured girl (the first one who renders).

I'm unable to click 'New Game', 'Load Game' or whatever on the left side of the screen when the screen is blank. I have to quit and restart. Like I said, I don't seem to have this issue when the model or landlady (I'm really bad with foreign names, sorry) render on the title screen.

I'm on a Mac running Big Sur (MacOS 11.1). I am one who gets the 'audio bug', so I'm not sure if they are related. I have turned down all sounds within the game to 0.

If this issue has already been reported I apologize, if not then here's an FYI. The workaround isn't that big of a deal, I'm saving my game at the end of every day anyway due to the audio bug. I just figured you'd want to be made aware as you appear to be concerned about the QoL of your software.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks for reporting that; I haven't heard of any problem with that before. Since I haven't seen it happen myself and can't really replicate it I'm not really sure if I can do anything about it, but I'll take a look when I next do some testing just in case something is screwed up.

Incidentally, turning all the sounds down to 0 won't achieve anything; sounds would still be loaded into the scene and that's where the problem comes from.

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
I figured turning off the sound had no real impact since I kept getting that bug/crash. Anyway, thanks for the response!

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hey man, i've really liked your game but after a certain point it just won't work.

I don't know why, but it's the only game on here that acts like this.
If what you're experiencing is the game freezing on the "NOW LOADING" screen, then that's a known issue for some players. Here's my FAQ answer to that:

Occasionally, when a new scene is loading, the loading may break and seem to simply be taking forever on a black screen, generally when trying to load the apartment. I know it's frustrating - it is for me too. Unfortunately this is because of a memory leak issue in the audio code used by the engine, not an issue in my own code, therefore there is no simple fix I can make for it. It doesn't happen on most systems, only a minority, and it doesn't have anything to do with how powerful the computer is - I just can't predict whether you'll get the problem or not. I have been working to try and find workarounds for the issue, but in the meantime my best advice is to download the alternative "no music" version, which is designed to reduce the effect, although it may not eliminate it entirely.

Jul 20, 2019
Good game so far. I really feel like you've improved your renders compared to Legacy (which is a game I really fucking liked). The issue with Legacy was sometimes the characters kinda seemed really weird looking and uncanny - especially Kenji. In Timelapse, the renders are consistent and the sex scenes look hot and never look weird. I went into Timelapse expecting it to be text-based, so I was surprised by the use of a GUI. To be honest, I think I prefer text-based over GUI for your games, but regardless I think the GUI works well. I guess you decided that the ADRIFT engine was too old or just wasn't enough to suit your needs for Timelapse? I also guess it speeds up development because with a text-based game, people are expecting to be able to inspect a speck of dust that is lying in the second drawer of a cupboard behind a bookcase, and other intricacies that only serve as writing fodder and will not be seen by many people. With a GUI, you can just have one or two things to examine on-screen and be done with it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't playing this game for the NTR. I really enjoyed the NTR in Legacy, the way Hiroshi slowly corrupts the maids, and the way you can eventually walk in on them talking to or kissing Hiroshi instead of doing their duties, was top-notch. There were just a few things in the NTR-compartment that really felt lacking, namely stuff like more scenes with Hiroshi after the maids fall for him, more of those potion scenes, being able to talk to the maids about Hiroshi, and other things that add to the NTR experience. I guess for Legacy it was your first attempt at NTR, so I commend you for doing a great job regardless. I also get it that Pervert Action is a Harem game first-and-foremost, and any other fetish comes second. In short, the NTR that exists in Legacy was really good, but it left an itch that wasn't quite fully scratched, if you catch my drift.

With Timelapse (at least, in THIS version), I can already see you're trying to expand the NTR as previously mentioned. Shuji gets texts and images sent from Hirai after dates, the girls eventually react neutrally/positively to going on dates with Hirai, Shuji can ask the girls what they think of Hirai, Hirai literally calls you a cuck to your face in front of one of the girls (fuck yes), and there are sex scenes between Hirai, the girl, and Shuji (except for Shizu). Still, I feel like there is more you can add to the NTR dynamic of this game. I am already aware that you plan on adding more to happen with Hirai.

Things with threesomes between Hirai and two girls, more sex scenes of Hirai and a certain girl, Hirai having sex with girls outside the trio (like Miku), etc., would really cement this as a great NTR game, despite it being a harem game. Of course, you choose what to do with your own game, these are merely suggestions. I'm afraid that my suggestions may prove to be too much workload anyways, and would turn a harem-focused game into an NTR-focused game.

Regardless, the harem side of the game is fun as fuck as well. I actually like all the characters this time around. In Legacy, I thought Kimiko was hot both in terms of appearance and personality, but I didn't really care at all about Fumi and her twin, I think those characters weren't so great (but the pegging was nice lol). Good luck with the game dude, I'm excited for the next releases.

P.S. Emi is the hottest.

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Good game so far. I really feel like you've improved your renders compared to Legacy (which is a game I really fucking liked). The issue with Legacy was sometimes the characters kinda seemed really weird looking and uncanny - especially Kenji. In Timelapse, the renders are consistent and the sex scenes look hot and never look weird. I went into Timelapse expecting it to be text-based, so I was surprised by the use of a GUI. To be honest, I think I prefer text-based over GUI for your games, but regardless I think the GUI works well. I guess you decided that the ADRIFT engine was too old or just wasn't enough to suit your needs for Timelapse? I also guess it speeds up development because with a text-based game, people are expecting to be able to inspect a speck of dust that is lying in the second drawer of a cupboard behind a bookcase, and other intricacies that only serve as writing fodder and will not be seen by many people. With a GUI, you can just have one or two things to examine on-screen and be done with it.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't playing this game for the NTR. I really enjoyed the NTR in Legacy, the way Hiroshi slowly corrupts the maids, and the way you can eventually walk in on them talking to or kissing Hiroshi instead of doing their duties, was top-notch. There were just a few things in the NTR-compartment that really felt lacking, namely stuff like more scenes with Hiroshi after the maids fall for him, more of those potion scenes, being able to talk to the maids about Hiroshi, and other things that add to the NTR experience. I guess for Legacy it was your first attempt at NTR, so I commend you for doing a great job regardless. I also get it that Pervert Action is a Harem game first-and-foremost, and any other fetish comes second. In short, the NTR that exists in Legacy was really good, but it left an itch that wasn't quite fully scratched, if you catch my drift.

With Timelapse (at least, in THIS version), I can already see you're trying to expand the NTR as previously mentioned. Shuji gets texts and images sent from Hirai after dates, the girls eventually react neutrally/positively to going on dates with Hirai, Shuji can ask the girls what they think of Hirai, Hirai literally calls you a cuck to your face in front of one of the girls (fuck yes), and there are sex scenes between Hirai, the girl, and Shuji (except for Shizu). Still, I feel like there is more you can add to the NTR dynamic of this game. I am already aware that you plan on adding more to happen with Hirai.

Things with threesomes between Hirai and two girls, more sex scenes of Hirai and a certain girl, Hirai having sex with girls outside the trio (like Miku), etc., would really cement this as a great NTR game, despite it being a harem game. Of course, you choose what to do with your own game, these are merely suggestions. I'm afraid that my suggestions may prove to be too much workload anyways, and would turn a harem-focused game into an NTR-focused game.

Regardless, the harem side of the game is fun as fuck as well. I actually like all the characters this time around. In Legacy, I thought Kimiko was hot both in terms of appearance and personality, but I didn't really care at all about Fumi and her twin, I think those characters weren't so great (but the pegging was nice lol). Good luck with the game dude, I'm excited for the next releases.

P.S. Emi is the hottest.
Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed comments!

There were multiple reasons I switched to the GUI for this game: technical troubles with Adrift, seemingly waning interest from players in the text formate (although possibly that's because it's so mired in old technology) and an urge on my part to try new things as a developer. Text games are actually pretty quick to develop, in fact, and I like the style and the amount of freedom it gives both me and the player. I wouldn't rule out potentially returning to a text based game again in the future if I can get myself a good enough engine that captures what Adrift could do, is more modern and allows me to customise the interface, and importantly, that is simple enough for me to use... I've been looking into doing that one day, but it's more of a long-term goal and nothing happening soon.

As you say I do plan to develop the NTR content more; you have some good suggestions but I also appreciate the self-awareness that going into really huge stuff turns it into primarily an NTR game. :D I hope you'll enjoy where I take it in the future, anyway; I don't like to commit to too much in terms of details of what I'm planning to do, in large part because a big reason for me to do this job is that I enjoy improvising content depending on my mood and not having too much pressure to do anything specific. I like to just go with whatever feels interesting to me at the time, but that usually tends to give the best results, too.

And I'm glad you're an Emi fan! I don't think she gets enough love, myself. :) For the sake of the thread, here's an Emi image that I think I never ended up using for anything.

hirai emi balcony cu day 1.jpg

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes