SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
That one line in there is a bug; just ignore it. If you didn't accept Hirai's offers then the line isn't canon. The bug will be corrected in the next public version.

I might also add a button to optionally turn off access to the "let her date Hirai" buttons, since it bothers some people just having it on the screen. The content's designed to be entirely optional.
Thank you i only came back cause you originally said it was all avoidable but that annoyed the fuck out of me. This is there as well still on my copy dont know if you have changed it. she is the only one with that atm.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: EJW

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Thank you i only came back cause you originally said it was all avoidable but that annoyed the fuck out of me. This is there as well still on my copy dont know if you have changed it. she is the only one with that atm.
Ah, true. She should just say "no" if you ask her that, of course.
Anyway, that other line is just conditional on the wrong variable, so it's checking in the wrong place to find out whether the offers were accepted. Nothing else is out of whack with the pay through. Just a stray thought entering Shuji's head from some alternative universe.

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
Script blocking is only applicable if you're playing the browser version.

It sounds like you might be trying to load a save from an old version? If so it might be breaking because you're loading a scene that's been changed. Here's my FAQ explanation of that:
sorry since eng not my native language,
so we must skip intro and skip scene in here?

also i want to thanks you make new game in VN/Other playgame.
Truly i dont comfortable with adrift style. beside i love NTR

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
sorry since eng not my native language,
so we must skip intro and skip scene in here?
That's the way to get through content quickly if you can't load up your save, yes.

And Adrift would be tricky if English isn't your first language, I know. :)

Reactions: dikdik48

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
That's the way to get through content quickly if you can't load up your save, yes.

And Adrift would be tricky if English isn't your first language, I know. :)
okay get it...
keep your hardwork dev ! ;) (y)

dikdik48

Apr 5, 2020
and dev one more things...
what function subway except see memory MC?

is there some scene/clip with girls in there?
or there's some time girls at there so we can talk?

because there's also toilet and poster in there.

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
and dev one more things...
what function subway except see memory MC?

is there some scene/clip with girls in there?
or there's some time girls at there so we can talk?

because there's also toilet and poster in there.
There's no real need to go down there except to find memories. As for whether there's anything else that happens there in the story, that would be a spoiler. ;)

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hello Dev.thx for the hard work for the game.when is the next update??is it close?
I'm planning a public update for June. So not too long; I think it'll probably be v0.27.3, which will have a few new features that 0.27 didn't have, just to address some concerns.

Caiatris

Jul 13, 2018
For future projects I'm moving to Unity. Possibly also another engine if a side project of mine works out. It's not, however, practical to switch engines for PAT when it's this far along. I can assure you nobody's as frustrated with the problems in the engine as I am, but they didn't emerge until I was past the point of no return with it.

It is still a minority of players who get the loading issues, so most people can play it; unfortunately I can't tell who will have the problem as it has nothing to do with the power of your hardware. It's some weird incompatibility with the code - I have a powerful desktop and an ancient mini laptop that struggles with Chrome, yet both machines can run the game just fine.

I've been working with a scripter to try solutions and we came up with some really clever ones to try to fix it. Unfortunately, nothing has really worked so far, but I haven't completely given up hope on resolving it yet.

DeseNuts72 I don't know if this would have anything to do with it at all, but on HTML versions you can get issues that sound vaguely similar if you have script blocking on in the browser. Could something else be blocking the scripts?

Hard to estimate exactly, but the game is primarily a harem game, while the NTR elements can be sort of pervasive around the margins if players are into that and want to allow that content. It should be a perfectly satisfying and complete game without it if you choose to ignore it, though. (That's the goal, anyway.)

Yeah, I've been trying to chase this up. I'm pretty sure this is a script issue and it's fixable. For now, try to avoid saving in those moments, I suppose, and a future release will have it fixed.
I love this game, particularly the dynamics with the girls. But the playability is incredibly frustrating - just downloaded the latest version and can't get past "now loading" black screen. Trying the HTML version, but just black screen there too. I can see why others have given up, but I will persevere - I really want to play this game!

Would you also consider Renpy for your next games? From the player's perspective, it makes games just so much more playable. Saves and loads just work, it's easy to roll back if you've missed some content, text easily hidden with H if it's blocking the screen.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I love this game, particularly the dynamics with the girls. But the playability is incredibly frustrating - just downloaded the latest version and can't get past "now loading" black screen. Trying the HTML version, but just black screen there too. I can see why others have given up, but I will persevere - I really want to play this game!

Would you also consider Renpy for your next games? From the player's perspective, it makes games just so much more playable. Saves and loads just work, it's easy to roll back if you've missed some content, text easily hidden with H if it's blocking the screen.
It's a very frustrating issue for me too, since I can't predict who will get it or offer a total solution.

If it was working for you before and you're just loading an old saved game, though, it might just be that that save is broken, so try starting again (maybe skipping the intro, or having an accelerated start if you had already romanced all the girls).

For future games I won't be using this engine. I'm working with a team right now to build a new game in Unity that I hope to have a demo for in the next few months, and for my classic stuff I'm looking into other options; perhaps even developing a modernised text game engine.

Caiatris

Jul 13, 2018
It's a very frustrating issue for me too, since I can't predict who will get it or offer a total solution.

If it was working for you before and you're just loading an old saved game, though, it might just be that that save is broken, so try starting again (maybe skipping the intro, or having an accelerated start if you had already romanced all the girls).

For future games I won't be using this engine. I'm working with a team right now to build a new game in Unity that I hope to have a demo for in the next few months, and for my classic stuff I'm looking into other options; perhaps even developing a modernised text game engine.
Just FYI (I wasn't intending to start a discussion!), It was working before, yes, but I wasn't using an old saved game - I'd started from scratch. It's possible that the last time I played was on my old PC, though.

Unity is at least better than RPGM, and whatever engine this is in. :) Reloading save-games on Unity can often still be an issue though, and no roll-back, so if you've accidentally clicked past an image - bad luck.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Just FYI (I wasn't intending to start a discussion!), It was working before, yes, but I wasn't using an old saved game - I'd started from scratch. It's possible that the last time I played was on my old PC, though.

Unity is at least better than RPGM, and whatever engine this is in. :) Reloading save-games on Unity can often still be an issue though, and no roll-back, so if you've accidentally clicked past an image - bad luck.
Unity's a lot more advanced and allows for more complex game designs without the engine collapsing, so it's a good one to go with. Mostly the limitations in it are from your plugins, or the programmer's skill.

I guess the change in PC might be the problem for you; that's a shame. It's some kind of weird compatibility issue with the AudioBuffer software. It doesn't happen on most machines, but does on some.

Caiatris

Jul 13, 2018
Unity ... Mostly the limitations in it are from your plugins, or the programmer's skill.
Brave words, BBBen! ;)

Hey, I managed to get the current release to play all the way through.
I can't be sure this is what fixed it, but what I did was to download nwjs-v0.35.5-win-x64 ( ), unpack it, then copy all of it over the top of the game dir. Then start nw.exe rather than game.exe.
The "now loading" screen still takes a long time to load up the "main game" (apartment navigation), but it all works.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Brave words, BBBen! ;)
Well, it would be, except I'm not the one actually programming my upcoming Unity project. ;) I've got someone better for that.

See? I can make some really great stuff so long as I get the funding... (Well, you will see when I show it off.)

Hey, I managed to get the current release to play all the way through.
I can't be sure this is what fixed it, but what I did was to download nwjs-v0.35.5-win-x64 ( ), unpack it, then copy all of it over the top of the game dir. Then start nw.exe rather than game.exe.
The "now loading" screen still takes a long time to load up the "main game" (apartment navigation), but it all works.
Oh, great! It could just be coincidence, since sometimes the "NOW LOADING" error just doesn't happen, even when you're prone to it, but I'll save this solution and suggest people try it out. Maybe it'll work. I don't think an nwjs update should really be the solution, but it's possible that's been patched in such a way that it might resolve the problem now. It'd be great if it did.

Caiatris

Jul 13, 2018
but I'll save this solution and suggest people try it out. Maybe it'll work. I don't think an nwjs update should really be the solution, but it's possible that's been patched in such a way that it might resolve the problem now. It'd be great if it did.
I also DLed the latest version, but first I tried this particular version that was recommended for the Linux version.

Reactions: BBBen

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
I am one of the people who gets stuck with a black screen or at "now loading". Since the executable file does not generate any logs or throw any errors, I don't know what info I can give you. My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit and I was trying to run the 64-bit Windows version of the game. I would get stuck within 15 minutes of playing all the time.

Running the html version (after I managed to bypass my browser's CORS protection), I have not come across the issue. My browser does throw up many errors though it doesn't seem to affect gameplay:
Untitled.png
The error about the missing wav file comes up everytime "now loading" is shown and the (probably more serious) error of wrong parameter type comes up every time that the apartment is loaded. The apartment also seems to get reloaded every time I check my stats through clicking the button on the upper right corner while in the apartment. That second error occurs in situations that sometimes causes the game to hang up when playing the executable version.

A bug I've found with both the exe and html version is that if you save the game in the middle of a dialogue choice, loading that save will get you stuck. You can pick a dialogue choice but there's no follow up; no more dialogue pops up and there are no buttons/map on the screen.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I am one of the people who gets stuck with a black screen or at "now loading". Since the executable file does not generate any logs or throw any errors, I don't know what info I can give you. My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit and I was trying to run the 64-bit Windows version of the game. I would get stuck within 15 minutes of playing all the time.

Running the html version (after I managed to bypass my browser's CORS protection), I have not come across the issue. My browser does throw up many errors though it doesn't seem to affect gameplay:
View attachment 1205475
The error about the missing wav file comes up everytime "now loading" is shown and the (probably more serious) error of wrong parameter type comes up every time that the apartment is loaded. The apartment also seems to get reloaded every time I check my stats through clicking the button on the upper right corner while in the apartment. That second error occurs in situations that sometimes causes the game to hang up when playing the executable version.
I think those errors are mostly coincidental and not related, from my previous work with the error log. Still, it is interesting that you didn't get the crashes on the HTML version. I'd previously heard reports that people did get those errors on HTML if they were getting them on the Windows version.

Did you try the solution suggested just above, by the way? I'd be really (really!) interested in learning if this seems to work for anyone else. I'll quote it here so you know what I'm talking about:

A bug I've found with both the exe and html version is that if you save the game in the middle of a dialogue choice, loading that save will get you stuck. You can pick a dialogue choice but there's no follow up; no more dialogue pops up and there are no buttons/map on the screen.
Ah, thanks for reminding me. I had actually fixed that bug in a previous version but the script was erased when the engine updated. I'd been meaning to fix it again but couldn't find the solution and the tech support for VNM were being very unhelpful (they usually just ignore me, no matter how clear and polite I am). I've dug around and managed to track down that solution again, so that should be fixed in the next release along with a bunch of other bugs.

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes