guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
Did you try the solution suggested just above, by the way? I'd be really (really!) interested in learning if this seems to work for anyone else.
No I didn't. All I did was disable the CORS protection on my browser so the javascript loads correctly. Most browsers have it enabled by default because otherwise it's a huge security risk. For anyone reading this, you should only disable it while playing and not browse the internet while doing so.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
No I didn't. All I did was disable the CORS protection on my browser so the javascript loads correctly. Most browsers have it enabled by default because otherwise it's a huge security risk. For anyone reading this, you should only disable it while playing and not browse the internet while doing so.
Yes, that's definitely true.

If you do get a chance to try the nwjs update on the Windows version, though, please do let me know if it fixes the problem! That's extremely important information for me that I can't test myself, because I don't get this bug on any of my machines.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
If you do get a chance to try the nwjs update on the Windows version, though, please do let me know if it fixes the problem! That's extremely important information for me that I can't test myself, because I don't get this bug on any of my machines.
I updated the nwjs files to version 0.53.1 (which I assume to be the latest version) and managed to play through the first 7 days without any issues. I guess VNM hasn't been keeping its libraries up to date (eg the bundled jQuery file is version 1.9 while the current one is 3.6).

Last edited:

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I updated the nwjs files to version 0.53.1 (which I assume to be the latest version) and managed to play through the first 7 days without any issues. I guess VNM hasn't been keeping its libraries up to date (eg the bundled jQuery file is version 1.9 while the current one is 3.5).
That's really interesting information, thanks for testing it for me! If a fix is as simple as over-writing the files before releasing the game, then maybe I can finally get past this bug. I'm not holding my breath yet, but it's worth a try.

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Hey, Caiatris and guest1492 if you get a minute, I'm testing out this apparent bug solution and I want to try one more thing.

In a version of the game with the new NWJS files, if you:
- delete "Game.exe"
- and then change "nw.exe" to be called "Game.exe",
- does the apartment still load fine when opening the game through that new game.exe?

I think it should be basically identical, but I want to make sure first. If so I can replace the files myself each time before release.

I would test this myself, but I just can't replicate this bug on my own machines.

Caiatris

Jul 13, 2018
Hey, Caiatris and guest1492 if you get a minute, I'm testing out this apparent bug solution and I want to try one more thing.

In a version of the game with the new NWJS files, if you:
- delete "Game.exe"
- and then change "nw.exe" to be called "Game.exe",
- does the apartment still load fine when opening the game through that new game.exe?

I think it should be basically identical, but I want to make sure first. If so I can replace the files myself each time before release.

I would test this myself, but I just can't replicate this bug on my own machines.
Unpack PervertActionTimelapse_Win64_v0-24-0.zip
Remove AppData/Local/Pervert Action Timelapse from previous install.
Run game.exe
New game -> Skip intro -> skip non-essential -> choose +1 to eye skill.
"Now loading" screen often remains "indefinitely" (at least a couple of minutes, game is using 0% cpu) at this point. This happened 3 times.
Twice I got it to continue - once it then hung after meeting Mr Eyeball (should load day 2), and once it hung after meeting the girls at the start of day 2 (should load apartment).

nwjs-v0.53.1-win-x64 (latest version) downloaded and unpacked. Copied the contents on top of the "Pervert Action Timelapse" folder, merged, and overwrote all conflicts.
Deleted Game.exe, renamed nw.exe to Game.exe. Started.
Same procedure as before.
First load of the apartment takes 30 seconds. Load after Mr Eyeball also 30 seconds. Load of apartment after day 2 talk, 30 seconds. Continues on, with each "now loading" taking about 30 seconds.
(Interestingly the game is offering me "replay" versions of scenes - not sure how it knows that I've already played it through.)

nwjs-v0.35.5-win-x64 unpacked on top of all this, nw renamed to Game.
Screens all seem to be loading, they feel slightly faster (watch says about 25 seconds) than with the 0.53.1 version.

30 seconds is pretty damn long, when you're sitting there wondering if it's going to load at all. But at least it gets there!

Happy to run any further tests you like, Ben. Feel free to PM me.

Reactions: BBBen

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
(Interestingly the game is offering me "replay" versions of scenes - not sure how it knows that I've already played it through.)
Persistent memory, yeah - it's designed to do that. (y)

30 seconds is pretty damn long, when you're sitting there wondering if it's going to load at all. But at least it gets there!

Happy to run any further tests you like, Ben. Feel free to PM me.
30 seconds is pretty painful, yeah, but slow loading is maybe an issue I won't be able to get past with this game. Hopeful next time it won't be so brutal. (I'm working on that on a planning level.) I also wish they'd included functionality for a proper loading screen in the engine; I'd like to figure that out myself but I think it'll be a bit of a hassle. Nobody's set up an easy way to do it yet.

Thanks very much for going through that and giving me the details! I did have one person playing an updated version and saying they did end up eventually getting a crash, which is a little disheartening, but even if it's a lot more stable than before it would be a huge improvement. We'll see, I guess - it doesn't seem to do any harm so I'll probably release the next public version with the nwjs files replaced.

For now I probably need to find other bugged players to test it, but if I need to get in touch I will, thanks!

laseracid

Jul 4, 2017
1st time playing great game! But I'm having trouble finding the mouth after a few plays is there a walkthrough?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
1st time playing great game! But I'm having trouble finding the mouth after a few plays is there a walkthrough?
Glad you're enjoying it! I don't think anyone's made a walkthrough yet, but I should note that the full story isn't complete yet, so some stuff you might feel is out there may not be in the game just now. The main things to go for so far are the main sex scenes and the extensive follow-up content for the three girls in the main cast, as well as the endings for Nobuko and Emi.

The full story resolution will come in the eventual harem ending. ;)

Reactions: laseracid

vgadict

Oct 7, 2017
I'm encountering an endless "NOW LOADING" message after completing the memory flashback scenes with Nobuko in the gym (ending with her in cowgirl position). Is this a known issue, and if so is there a way to get past it?

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I'm encountering an endless "NOW LOADING" message after completing the memory flashback scenes with Nobuko in the gym (ending with her in cowgirl position). Is this a known issue, and if so is there a way to get past it?
It is a known issue; it's an engine bug, although if it hasn't happened until now for you that's probably good news. You can try a new method I'm testing to aid people with the problem, as suggested just a few posts up in the thread.

Suggested solution:
  1. Download the latest version of NW.js for your system here:
  2. Unzip and copy all the files from that archive, then paste them into your Pervert Action Timelapse folder, overwriting the old files.
  3. Delete Game.exe, then rename "nw.exe" to "Game.exe".
  4. Try running it again and please tell me if it helps!
I'm trying out this on my new releases by replacing the files myself, but I haven't done that with a public release yet.

vgadict

Oct 7, 2017
It is a known issue; it's an engine bug, although if it hasn't happened until now for you that's probably good news. You can try a new method I'm testing to aid people with the problem, as suggested just a few posts up in the thread.

Suggested solution:
  2. Unzip and copy all the files from that archive, then paste them into your Pervert Action Timelapse folder, overwriting the old files.
I'm trying out this on my new releases by replacing the files myself, but I haven't done that with a public release yet.
Thanks. Using those files seems to have fixed the problem for me. BTW, I just DL'ed the game for the first time yesterday so the "until now" for me was only a few hours of gameplay. I'm liking the game so far.

A couple other unexpected things I've seen so far:
- Nobuko's trust level is currently 110/100. She was at 100 when a scene choice added an extra 10. Not sure if that's an issue or not.
- Going to the subway at night and clicking on a yellow circle (which gives message about it being too late) caused the yellow dot to remain displayed on the screen through a few more scenes. This was with the earlier files - not sure if it still happens with the updated versions.

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020

Suggested solution:
Bro your game is great
And I hope this bug problem get fixed for next version .good luck

• Red Heart

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
Thanks. Using those files seems to have fixed the problem for me. BTW, I just DL'ed the game for the first time yesterday so the "until now" for me was only a few hours of gameplay. I'm liking the game so far.

A couple other unexpected things I've seen so far:
- Nobuko's trust level is currently 110/100. She was at 100 when a scene choice added an extra 10. Not sure if that's an issue or not.
- Going to the subway at night and clicking on a yellow circle (which gives message about it being too late) caused the yellow dot to remain displayed on the screen through a few more scenes. This was with the earlier files - not sure if it still happens with the updated versions.
Very glad to hear the fix seems to have helped!

On the other points:
- The trust score can go over 100, that's expected. You just don't actually need to get it higher after 100.
- The yellow circle is a bug; I've got it fixed in the latest version, but thanks for reporting it anyway. (There's also another lingering subway menu image I fixed.)

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020

Suggested solution:
I tried this.the bug got fixed completely. At most loading will take 30 seconds. Thx bro

BBBen

Smut writer
Game Developer
Jul 6, 2018
I tried this.the bug got fixed completely. At most loading will take 30 seconds. Thx bro
Oh, you had the bug and the solution worked for you too? That's good news, thank you, that's very helpful to know! So far the word on this solution is still only from a handful of people, but it seems very positive.

Subyan

Jun 9, 2017
Hi BBBen , I'm Very Excited to Play Your Game . When This Fantastic Game Gonna Get a New Public Release ? Is There a specific Release Date ?

4.20 star(s) 25 Votes