May 31, 2019
I'm curious - do people voluntarily report these games to paypal, or do they have a dedicated employee whom they pay to play these games and determine which ones to ban?
Most often it's a voluntary report. Someone feeling sour and decides to report it.
But if a game makes enough of a splash (PE I think was rather high in the ratings), Patreon will go out of their way to inspect the game.
Things seem to point more towards someone reporting the game.
In any case, once that happens, they have to have someone play the game (thoroughly) and report on what content breaks Patreon's guidelines. To which the devs have to change it, have it screened once again to make sure offending content is removed, or gtfo. They're also not allowed to do anything that "breaches" the guidelines outside of Patreon, or risk their page getting shut down. Which is why even though PE has a SS account, they've still got to release the Patreon compliant version there, since they still have a Patreon up.

So for most games of this type, it's less of a question of if and more of a question of when once they get big enough. Most devs seem to skate the line and deal with that outcome when it appears, rather than compromise their vision for something that might not happen if their game doesn't get big enough. Of course, all it takes is a couple of people to report the game.

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
I wouldn't want to. Corporate moderation is a job that will chew you up and spit you out in at least two terrible ways.

ethereal one

Dec 30, 2017
You know what I don't understand? Why accessories like eyeglasses should still need higher feminization status before you can walk around with them. I understand that some sunglasses look very girly, but you could pass off a lot of the "regular" female glasses as normal ones. I hate how you can't wear sexy librarian glasses until you're well into the feminization path. You really ought to be able to do chores, go out with them, go to school with them.

Hell, I imagine the same with some of the other accessories. Plenty of dudes can wear a plain earring, especially if it's just on one ear. Nose rings are unisex. Who cares if you have a pierced belly button when you are just starting out in crossdressing, presumably nobody could see it until you are feminine enough to want to bare your midriffs or something.

May 31, 2019
You know what I don't understand? Why accessories like eyeglasses should still need higher feminization status before you can walk around with them. I understand that some sunglasses look very girly, but you could pass off a lot of the "regular" female glasses as normal ones. I hate how you can't wear sexy librarian glasses until you're well into the feminization path. You really ought to be able to do chores, go out with them, go to school with them.

Hell, I imagine the same with some of the other accessories. Plenty of dudes can wear a plain earring, especially if it's just on one ear. Nose rings are unisex. Who cares if you have a pierced belly button when you are just starting out in crossdressing, presumably nobody could see it until you are feminine enough to want to bare your midriffs or something.
I can't speak for the glasses, but last time I played, piercings and tattoos required a sufficient "daring" stat.
So it stands to reason that the reason the character doesn't get a piercing or tattoo isn't because they're not "girly" enough or such a thing is too girly for them, but that they're not willing to do so because of other reasons. Be it social pressures (the whole outcast stigma associated with piercings/tats), getting in trouble with their guardian, or even something as simple as being averse to the pain of getting pierced/tattooed. Use your own head-canon.
The character at the start is pretty normal and vanilla in their tastes. The kind of NPC-type filler person that blends into the background in real life. So getting a piercing or tattoo probably isn't something that ranks very high on their list of things they really want to do.

With a higher daring stat, the character is more willing to engage in these sorts of things because, you guessed it, they're more daring. In fact, last time I played (which admittedly was a good while before the Patreon nonsense), you didn't even need any kind of femininity to get these, just daring.

Reactions: Watters

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
1621947087053.png
Found this out from the discuss section of tfgamessite, and had to check for myself
if you say yes, the game continues as an 'i willingly consent to this' patreon-approved game, and if you say no you get a game over.

This honestly makes me pretty upset, especially since it's not even the original dev.
i understand that it's fair to say they deserve money for making the game, but this literally isn't the same game anymore. it would be better in pretty much every way to just abandon this, and make a new game that has those themes.

it basically boils down to:
guy works on game for a few years, decides to stop making the game because he doesn't want to/doesn't have time
new people come along, and officially take over for old guy
new guys work on the game for a while, and then decide to make a patreon, and turn the game into a soulless husk with none of the themes or scenes or anything from what the game used to be, so they can have a patreon

am i being too harsh? probably. probably should have waited an hour to make this post, but it upsets me that game devs wouldbe willing to disembowel their own game[or someone else's] of all of its themes and feeatures, to make a patreon page

the moral is: go play Secretary

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
View attachment 1211908
Found this out from the discuss section of tfgamessite, and had to check for myself
if you say yes, the game continues as an 'i willingly consent to this' patreon-approved game, and if you say no you get a game over.

This honestly makes me pretty upset, especially since it's not even the original dev.
i understand that it's fair to say they deserve money for making the game, but this literally isn't the same game anymore. it would be better in pretty much every way to just abandon this, and make a new game that has those themes.

it basically boils down to:
guy works on game for a few years, decides to stop making the game because he doesn't want to/doesn't have time
new people come along, and officially take over for old guy
new guys work on the game for a while, and then decide to make a patreon, and turn the game into a soulless husk with none of the themes or scenes or anything from what the game used to be, so they can have a patreon

am i being too harsh? probably. probably should have waited an hour to make this post, but it upsets me that game devs wouldbe willing to disembowel their own game[or someone else's] of all of its themes and feeatures, to make a patreon page

the moral is: go play Secretary
Don't know if it will mollify you, but you have the order of events a bit mixed up ...

It's more like guy makes a popular niche game before passing development on to someone else. The game passes through the hands of several devs and dev teams (currently on its fourth) and becomes highly successful within its genre. The success makes Patreon take note of what's on their platform and come down on it hard. Dev team has to decide between abandoning further development or stripping out the offending materials to preserve the revenue stream, and choose the latter at least for now.

Version 0.99 is the last unbowdlerized version. You can find it linked somewhere in this thread.

Reactions: starvoyager

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Don't know if it will mollify you, but you have the order of events a bit mixed up ...

It's more like guy makes a popular niche game before passing development on to someone else. The game passes through the hands of several devs and dev teams (currently on its fourth) and becomes highly successful within its genre. The success makes Patreon take note of what's on their platform and come down on it hard. Dev team has to decide between abandoning further development or stripping out the offending materials to preserve the revenue stream, and choose the latter at least for now.

Version 0.99 is the last unbowdlerized version. You can find it linked somewhere in this thread.
i first started playing arounddddddddd... i wanna say like 0.20-0.30 or so?
it's always been a pretty popular game.
i understand that it's difficult to have a team of peoploe making a game with no money is difficult, and it can be difficult to find an alternative to patreon, but 'scrubbing the game of every major theme that it has and pretending it's whate everyone wants' can't be the best solution
i'm not saying that it's their fault, and i've heard hushed whispers that they're trying to switch to subscribestar, andif that's true, switching the game to 'abandoned' for 2 months would be bad, but saying that they're removing most of the scenes, and themes, that made the game good in the first place,just seems like a bad decision.
1621952767978.png
I think the thing i'm upset about is that it feels like they're just acting like it's what everyone wants, but i guess if you have no choice you might as well roll with it

it's still very annoying though

also, apparently patreon can reverse-link, and any time you link your patreon, they can reverse check and look at the sight you linked it from. soooo, for example, if a game on here had an exclusive incest version here, and on p you had non-incest, they could look at every time you link your patreon, see you've linked it here, see you've uploaded incest version, and ban you for that

Reactions: gregers

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
i first started playing arounddddddddd... i wanna say like 0.20-0.30 or so?
it's always been a pretty popular game.
i understand that it's difficult to have a team of peoploe making a game with no money is difficult, and it can be difficult to find an alternative to patreon, but 'scrubbing the game of every major theme that it has and pretending it's whate everyone wants' can't be the best solution
Except they never said it's what everyone wants
they even said that it's excactly not what anyone wants, but patreon said no because card companies said no, and they are the ones who gives orders.

May 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jeez, imagine being this out of the loop, and then pretending like you're an authority on what happened.

It's quite simple, and has been gone over several times.
Game got popular, got on Patreon's radar (either from a report, or from sheer popularity), game isn't Kosher with Patreon's (read: Paypal's) guidelines, Patreon suspends game until devs play-ball.
Devs begrudgingly comply while hedging their bets with another payment platform that's been in approval-limbo since before debacle, and piss-off the entitled portion of fanbase that doesn't support the devs financially, and that can't comprehend a dev being forced to change a game temporarily while they wait for other venues to open up.

This was never a permanent thing. Devs have to comply through fake smiles because if Patreon catches a whiff of them doing anything that they don't like, on Patreon or anywhere else, they'll remove their page with no option to appeal.
There's been multiple "great ideas" of "just move to subscribestar lol", which doesn't magically solve the problem.
Before this all happened, they had applied for a SS account and it wasn't approved until a good bit after Patreon got on their case and forced them to change the game. Even then, they'd have to wait for the masses to switch over, which would take time that they didn't have.
It's not something they considered lightly, and they knew the implications that changing things would bring, they just figured people would understand their point of view given the situation and act like adults. Which, judging by a lot of the responses here, they were wrong on that front.

In any case, once there's enough funding on their SS (it's at 80% btw), they'll get back to the hardcore shit. There's a separate branch that has all the cut content and hardcore stuff that they've been writing on the side parallel to the SFW shit, but they can't put it out until they can cut ties from Patreon.

So expect things to come back before year's end, and stop being a little "you know what".

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
firstly, yes, i should have, and meant to, put a ? after my summary of what happened.
secondly, both 'they had planned to move to ss anyways' and 'maybe they're still working on a non-patreon approved version simultaneously with the sfw version' crossed my mind, but i focused more on the alternative because it didn't seem quite as likely, with how they were talking about it. although, to be fair! i did say the whole thing about 'you never know what they're actually planning because they mentined that patreon can tell what you say on any pages that you linked your patreon too. Also, again, i made that post like 15 minutes after finding out and was a bit over-angry about it, sowas a bit too harsh

Also, i'm not that out of the loop, i was mostly correct about it, and secondly i was never pretending to be the authority on it.

here2beatoff

Apr 4, 2021
i've played this before, but im retrying the latest version and im not getting any images anyone know whats up with that

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
i've played this before, but im retrying the latest version and im not getting any images anyone know whats up with that
could you post a screenshot of your folder setup? usually[at least for me] that kind of issue is caused by the html being in the wrong folder from the images

s696

May 27, 2021
Can you tell me where your friend's plot now ends? Can you make the character your traffic wife? What if someone takes key moments with them after a trip for new panties?
I want to see the end of the story with her. I tried everything I could think of, but I didn't budge. language

Aloryn

Aug 13, 2019
Can you tell me where your friend's plot now ends? Can you make the character your traffic wife? What if someone takes key moments with them after a trip for new panties?
I want to see the end of the story with her. I tried everything I could think of, but I didn't budge. language
You can't make friend Trophy Wife (or well be friend's Trophy Wife X_x), friend content hasn't been expanded much in a while, you can visit your friend without panties for new scene. And you can do various tasks. But there's no real progress to storyline.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 41 Votes