3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019
Development Update - Day 2 Afternoon Onwards
Hi Everyone!
My life has been pretty hectic these couple of months since it's getting towards the end of the year. However, this does not mean I got no work done at all for this visual novel!
I have been working on and off on this project for the last couple of months since the update. I have completed costumes for 2 characters for a scene, positioned and scripted a scene, and planned for another scene. I was hoping to release an update by the end of this year but I don't think what I have is substantial enough to be an update that you will enjoy. Therefore, I won't be releasing what I have made just yet. I will still work on the project with the aim of delivering something towards the end of this year!
On another note, I think it takes me longer to produce computer graphics compared to other creators who are using the same program as I am. Aside from the effort and stylistic choices that influence this, I think a big part of it is because the computer I am using is absolute sh*@. Sure it's getting me through university, but I don't think it's mean't for anything else other than that. For a frame of reference, it's a i7 2nd generation computer with a 1366 x 768 screen and I think it's released more than 8 years ago. It's the computer that I've been making this entire visual novel out of. It takes some minutes to turn on and work. Embarassingly, I should have noticed this sooner and made a change. I only recently convinced myself that I needed a new computer after watching a lot of tech related channels on youtube ...
I have went on to order a new laptop with the donations that you all gave me.
It will take some time for to arrive and for me to adjust to it. Hopefully it will allow me to produce work quicker!
New art coming soon~

- M

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019

Unlocked

Hi everyone! I've been experimenting with how light effects the water texture used in this picture. I want try and emphasise how the water shines and also be able to incorperate water effects into the graphics of this visual novel! Generally, the water effects used is not very versatile and kinda clips into the character. I think this looks good for what the tool can offer though!
- M
1576848204509.png

Ghostdanser

Jul 12, 2017
Release an update when you feel it's ready Minxy. Until then, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Or if that ain't your thing Happy Hanukkah...or Kwanza...or Jack Daniels...etc.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019
Unlocked

Hopefully the water clipping through the character is not too unrealistic!
- M

Reactions: vmaks

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019

Hi everyone!
I've recently been experimenting with lighting and I think I've nailed it with this one!
I hope you all have a nice and warm holiday season!
(I took especially long to make this CG! I finally readjusted Madison's weird proportions, fixed Eliza's freckles, made costumes for everyone one and figured out how to use effective lighting techniques. Be ready for a lot of this still to be reflected in future updates!)
1577287452122.png 1577287477112.png 1577287504722.png

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019

Hey Everyone!
As a New Years gift to you all, I have completed the Day 2 Late Afternoon Update! I have yet to repackage it and redistribute it, but I imagine it will be out tomorrow.
I am happy that I managed to complete something in time for New Years even though it has been absolutely hectic for me these could of days. I hope you will enjoy it!
The update was not substantial in size, but the scenes were especially difficult with the sheer volume of characters which were involved.
The update contains 280 + images and 1570+ lines of code!
I can't wait for you all to play it!
- M

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Are we white knighting?
Well, to be fair she doesn't have to meet my marks. I'll just take my money else where.
Like everyone else should.
From what I saw, the dev does a lot of renders for little dialogue, so it takes more time.
But the biggest problem is the story. That adoption/abandon plot doesn't work, it is inconsistent. I hope he/she corrected that.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

User4862

May 26, 2019
Are we white knighting?
Well, to be fair she doesn't have to meet my marks. I'll just take my money else where.
Like everyone else should.
no. it isnt about white knighting, its about having some consideration. im sure most of the devs on here have lives beyond developing their games, such as being a student, having a job, familial responsibilities, social lives, or even other hobbies. some devs even work on their game solo, meaning its only them that has to do everything. its also a creative process that can be affected by writers block. there are a number of reasons that can result in a few months between updates, or smaller updates with less content. its foolish to expect more from someone thats only working on it in their spare time.

minxys made mistakes in the past, which she knows and has acknowledged. if youre worried shes making those mistakes again, theres nothing wrong with commenting on it, but you should do so without being rude. or maybe im just weird since i dont think insulting someone is the best way to get something from them.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
no. it isnt about white knighting, its about having some consideration. im sure most of the devs on here have lives beyond developing their games, such as being a student, having a job, familial responsibilities, social lives, or even other hobbies. some devs even work on their game solo, meaning its only them that has to do everything. its also a creative process that can be affected by writers block. there are a number of reasons that can result in a few months between updates, or smaller updates with less content. its foolish to expect more from someone thats only working on it in their spare time.

minxys made mistakes in the past, which she knows and has acknowledged. if youre worried shes making those mistakes again, theres nothing wrong with commenting on it, but you should do so without being rude. or maybe im just weird since i dont think insulting someone is the best way to get something from them.
Yeah...Sure....
So...You have an save file you can toss up where the afternoon begins so i can get to the five minutes of gameplay? I don't really care for her situation. She could have told us if she was having problems. But her actions have lead us here so...Yeah.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
You know what? Fuck giving me that save i know where to place this game.
In the trash bin. :p
Why the fuck should i start from scratch for five minutes?

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
From what I saw, the dev does a lot of renders for little dialogue, so it takes more time.
But the biggest problem is the story. That adoption/abandon plot doesn't work, it is inconsistent. I hope he/she corrected that.
I know! I don't know what I was thinking including such an unnecessarily convoluted plot! I think in future updates I will rewrite some parts that will make it a bit less convoluted and more streamlined !

ManicMinxy

Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Yeah...Sure....
So...You have an save file you can toss up where the afternoon begins so i can get to the five minutes of gameplay? I don't really care for her situation. She could have told us if she was having problems. But her actions have lead us here so...Yeah.
Wait... People have to restart the whole game just to replay the new stuff? The old saves don't transfer over? I thought it did transfer over. I appologise if this is what's happening. This shouldn't be the case!

Also:I did express that I was having problems. My visual novel writing style also is extremely different from other visual novels. I think over time I should focus more on interesting scenes rather than spending most of my time making new facial expressions for every little individual scene (which is a hard habit to get out of). I appreciate feedback where I can get it, but if it's just a comment like "I bet it'll only be fifteen minutes of gameplay ," I can't do much with that!

mvitrak

Jul 12, 2019
I know! I don't know what I was thinking including such an unnecessarily convoluted plot! I think in future updates I will rewrite some parts that will make it a bit less convoluted and more streamlined !
we are waiting for the next part of the reder and the story of prestoins is good. Madison’s story is gross, I read what postpartum psychosis is not a joke and she was afraid for herself and her son, we are waiting for a surprise for us (and I hope soon) good luck in the new year!

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes