3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The weird "coincidence" is the fact that this new comment from Minxy again, comes along when their patreon count has dropped below 100. Yes, I got my tinfoil hat on.
don't worry, we already talked about how Minxy only reacts when she checks her bank account and she doesn't see enough money

Reactions: metalspace

Sb21

May 25, 2017
Hi Everyone!

I will keep my response short. I am still working on my update. I am hoping to finish the narrative arc of the story soon. I have been maintaining a day job for some time and keeping this project as a side project. I didn't have the time or financial means to commit to this project full time. I aimed to finish this visual novel and I don't think I am going to stop.

A lot of people have given up hope on me but I'm still going to continue writing this visual novel.

-M
tenor (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: Fluxy77

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I have no idea 'bout ManicMinxy, but radio silence is never good.

I think everybody can have a few days of stress/problems/alien abduction/events in general that can take one's attention from their jobs and make it hard to make a message. But if this is done repeatedly, I find it a serious issue. As a subscriber in other games, I welcome any information on the project, even if that information is "sorry guys, I did nothing these few months".

For example, Rebirth is done jointly with Ptolemy, so when he got sick it was very reassuring to know what was going on behind the scene. Beyond caring about his well being for the simple sake of empathy (we are not monster here, well, maybe cute caring monsters) but because we wanted to know what was going to happen. Maybe the project had to be cancelled or it had to be delayed or maybe it would have continued with another writer, making it totally different or maybe nothing would have changed at all.

Of course, that is not to say there aren't devs that only give information, as I was told it is the only thing the dev of Duel Family does: polls and information updates for two years with no release whatsoever.

But yes, for me dev releasing information with some periodicity is very important. A 5 seconds message is often enough. World is already uncertain enough.

Reactions: ManicMinxy

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I have no idea 'bout ManicMinxy, but radio silence is never good.

I think everybody can have a few days of stress/problems/alien abduction/events in general that can take one's attention from their jobs and make it hard to make a message. But if this is done repeatedly, I find it a serious issue. As a subscriber in other games, I welcome any information on the project, even if that information is "sorry guys, I did nothing these few months".

For example, Rebirth is done jointly with Ptolemy, so when he got sick it was very reassuring to know what was going on behind the scene. Beyond caring about his well being for the simple sake of empathy (we are not monster here, well, maybe cute caring monsters) but because we wanted to know what was going to happen. Maybe the project had to be cancelled or it had to be delayed or maybe it would have continued with another writer, making it totally different or maybe nothing would have changed at all.

Of course, that is not to say there aren't devs that only give information, as I was told it is the only thing the dev of Duel Family does: polls and information updates for two years with no release whatsoever.

But yes, for me dev releasing information with some periodicity is very important. A 5 seconds message is often enough. World is already uncertain enough.
Which, is not the case here

because: Minxy never releases updates or news, the money flow is not stopped not even once, when we asked her that if she is doing nothing she should stop to get money every month...she refused.

it's like being paid for doing nothing all day...and sorry but this is not a Bachman-Turner Overdrive's song, you either do something and get paid, or do nothing and also get nothing...the patreons are not paying you for living your life...they pay you because promised something, something that it takes like a year for a half-decent half-release of a game with many plotholes

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: vmaks and Ayhsel

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
The discussion got silly here. You can't really criticize a dev for not stopping payments. Patreon is entirely voluntary so it's every individual's responsibility to decide whether or not they want to continue to support a creator.

Where in the real world have you ever seen someone prevent you from spending your money on things you don't really need or don't really use. If you get a gym membership and don't go, the gym does not stop charging you. If you buy some useless shit at a store, the cashier doesn't try and stop you from spending your money. Welcome to the real world. You have to have some accountability for your own action and decisions, and not expect others to steer you in the right direction every step or the way, it's simply not how the world works. This is some kindergarten level bullshit.

This whole discussion about the dev getting money on Patreon and not putting out content just seems like jealousy. It's not your money the dev's Patreons are spending so I don't see why anyone here would be salty about it. If the dev's Patreons are simply not paying attention where their money is going it's their own fault, not the dev's.

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
The discussion got silly here. You can't really criticize a dev for not stopping payments. Patreon is entirely voluntary so it's every individual's responsibility to decide whether or not they want to continue to support a creator.

Where in the real world have you ever seen someone prevent you from spending your money on things you don't really need or don't really use. If you get a gym membership and don't go, the gym does not stop charging you. If you buy some useless shit at a store, the cashier doesn't try and stop you from spending your money. Welcome to the real world. You have to have some accountability for your own action and decisions, and not expect others to steer you in the right direction every step or the way, it's simply not how the world works. This is some kindergarten level bullshit.

This whole discussion about the dev getting money on Patreon and not putting out content just seems like jealousy. It's not your money the dev's Patreons are spending so I don't see why anyone here would be salty about it. If the dev's Patreons are simply not paying attention where their money is going it's their own fault, not the dev's.
Not stopping payments is fine, but leading your patrons on is still scummy. Minxy doesn't post anything on her patreon, till there is a drop in the numbers. That is only to make people believe in her bs. If the gym that you're paying for advertised at providing consistent training classes, good facilities and timely services, went ahead and provided none of that, it would still be considered a scam. Ofcourse, if you want to keep paying for that, that's your prerogative, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still scummy.

Again, the main reason, people on here (like me) still comment on this thread is because what Minxy created was fun and enjoyable and some of us hope, she were consistent with it or at the very least upfront about what's is actually going on with the development. Hmm, time to unwatch this I suppose.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Not stopping payments is fine, but leading your patrons on is still scummy. Minxy doesn't post anything on her patreon, till there is a drop in the numbers. That is only to make people believe in her bs. If the gym that you're paying for advertised at providing consistent training classes, good facilities and timely services, went ahead and provided none of that, it would still be considered a scam. Ofcourse, if you want to keep paying for that, that's your prerogative, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still scummy.

Again, the main reason, people on here (like me) still comment on this thread is because what Minxy created was fun and enjoyable and some of us hope, she were consistent with it or at the very least upfront about what's is actually going on with the development. Hmm, time to unwatch this I suppose.
It was scummy for a few months of empty promises, but at this point, it is past that. Only the super gullible and people that don't pay attention to their Patreon are still paying.

The key point is that Patreon is purely voluntary. The people donating are not actually buying anything, they are donating money in good faith hoping that a creator makes content. So if people, after all this time, are still paying, it’s their own fault. Clearly the dev knows their own schedule and knows whether or not they can continue to develop the game, and if they are stringing people along making promises they can’t or will not keep it's clear what is going on, and it's each individual's choice whether or not they want to support that.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017

Technically you're an investor once you become a Patreon

and investors like(and pretend) to know how their money is used. That's how it works in real life.

People will (rightfully) be mad when they learn that the $$$ they're investing in a project are actually used by the developer(of the project) for buying groceries or for other things completely unrelated to the project...even more, when there is no update, no news, and the dev is constantly away from a PC(enough to not even send a 10 words long message about how the project is going, or if they're having problems outside the net).

I don't care, not a patreon, never will be(of Minxy at least) but i care about raising awareness about what's happening here

Reactions: Cernunnos.

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Technically you're an investor once you become a Patreon

and investors like(and pretend) to know how their money is used. That's how it works in real life.

People will (rightfully) be mad when they learn that the $$$ they're investing in a project are actually used by the developer(of the project) for buying groceries or for other things completely unrelated to the project...even more, when there is no update, no news, and the dev is constantly away from a PC(enough to not even send a 10 words long message about how the project is going, or if they're having problems outside the net).

I don't care, not a patreon, never will be(of Minxy at least) but i care about raising awareness about what's happening here
No, this is where you are wrong. You are not an investor, you are a donator. Huge difference! Investors have a contract and legal rights. On Patreon you are simply giving the creator money hoping they put out more content, nothing more. So if you get burned all you get to do is pull your support.

What I am saying can be summarized by a famous saying: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So after all the broken promises, you really can’t blame the dev any more… the real problem is the people that keep falling for it.

Last edited:

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Everyone!

I will keep my response short. I am still working on my update. I am hoping to finish the narrative arc of the story soon. I have been maintaining a day job for some time and keeping this project as a side project. I didn't have the time or financial means to commit to this project full time. I aimed to finish this visual novel and I don't think I am going to stop.

A lot of people have given up hope on me but I'm still going to continue writing this visual novel.

-M
You know bout the straw that broke the camel's back right?
Or the little boy who cried wolf?
Be honest and upfront. No one likes being lied to.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Banish

Mar 29, 2019

Development Update + Paused Billing Cycle!

Hi Everyone!
I should update you all on what I was doing throughout the months that I have been inactive.
During CO-VID 19, I have been working on this project on the side, going to university, volunteering and working my part time job.
Currently, I am unemployed and I think I will have more time to work on this project. However, I am not sure when I will deliver the upcoming update for the visual novel.
For now, I am going to pause the august billing cycling on my Patreon page. It's not that I am taking a break! I just want to use this time to make more content so that when billing starts again, you will all have more access to interesting content! Hopefully, this would mean that I could readily post updates and interesting content in the future!
I appreciate all the funds and support during that hiatus!
- M

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Meanwhile The Red Room got a update. Now only Offcuts needs the update and i was completly right with saying that probably both will get a update before this one. :sneaky:

FreakyHokage

Sep 26, 2017
It was scummy for a few months of empty promises, but at this point, it is past that. Only the super gullible and people that don't pay attention to their Patreon are still paying.

The key point is that Patreon is purely voluntary. The people donating are not actually buying anything, they are donating money in good faith hoping that a creator makes content. So if people, after all this time, are still paying, it’s their own fault. Clearly the dev knows their own schedule and knows whether or not they can continue to develop the game, and if they are stringing people along making promises they can’t or will not keep it's clear what is going on, and it's each individual's choice whether or not they want to support that.
The real question is. How many people on this site have actually put money into her Patreon?

If someone is getting this VN off this site for free and they never put a cent into her Patreon then they have no fucking right to bitch about what she's doing on her Patreon and how long she's taking to update/finish this VN.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes