3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
Well, I found this game in march this year. It was awsome discovery. Since then we got two minutes long update. So, he earned 8000 $ in that period, for nothing. In that period I was killing myself on job and didnt earn that much. Some people are rly shameless..
I think this game is dead ... or at least nearly dead

Reactions: blahblah25

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
At this point I'd say this game is close to being abandoned if not flat out dead in the water. How this game continues is all up to next update if/when it comes out and what content is in it. I remember it being said it'll change things up and as such some rebuilding had to be done on the game but last update was very very short and to be honest unless we get a serious amount of content this time around, it's just a waste of time and if you're a patron; money.

I can understand starting a project and life getting in the way but if that's the case just say it's done for now, but they won't because it'll keep bringing $$$ in to keep it 'active'. But realistically if this next update launches with some teasing content, some grinding and a touch of oral then it'll be for nothing. In the time since July, most of the games I played have been updated three times around. If they're still pulling money in from Patreon, bring someone on board to do the work and just do the writing.

It's truly sad because I think if this game got constant support it'd easily go down as one of the best games to be posted here due to the decent writing, models and flow. But no sense holding out for half a year to get 30 mins of content.

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'd say this game is close to being abandoned if not flat out dead in the water. How this game continues is all up to next update if/when it comes out and what content is in it. I remember it being said it'll change things up and as such some rebuilding had to be done on the game but last update was very very short and to be honest unless we get a serious amount of content this time around, it's just a waste of time and if you're a patron; money.

I can understand starting a project and life getting in the way but if that's the case just say it's done for now, but they won't because it'll keep bringing $$$ in to keep it 'active'. But realistically if this next update launches with some teasing content, some grinding and a touch of oral then it'll be for nothing. In the time since July, most of the games I played have been updated three times around. If they're still pulling money in from Patreon, bring someone on board to do the work and just do the writing.

It's truly sad because I think if this game got constant support it'd easily go down as one of the best games to be posted here due to the decent writing, models and flow. But no sense holding out for half a year to get 30 mins of content.
Incomming..hey guys, I was in the hospital or, my sister died.

but thanks for support. I will continue the game now :p. "adds 10 min content"

afk's 3 months again

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
For those doubting this game will be active much longer, do remember that, on top of how development of games already is and his school schedule, Minxy now has to ahere to strict guidelines no thanks to Patreon, especially now that he has been reviewed at least once. With companies like Patreon, users who break the TOS, even slightly, are typically monitored for further violations and that means he has to add an extra check to all new content for anything that has even a slight chance of a violation. That means longer development time on top of the school schedule delays and anything else that gets in the way.

Master0232

Jun 6, 2017
What kind of argument is that? He didnt even notify any of his patreons about anything for over a month...

Yes things might take longer than expected, but that doesnt mean a "I'm alive, here is an ETA" or "I'm alive, but I don't have an ETA" is to much to ask for.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
For those doubting this game will be active much longer, do remember that, on top of how development of games already is and his school schedule, Minxy now has to ahere to strict guidelines no thanks to Patreon, especially now that he has been reviewed at least once. With companies like Patreon, users who break the TOS, even slightly, are typically monitored for further violations and that means he has to add an extra check to all new content for anything that has even a slight chance of a violation. That means longer development time on top of the school schedule delays and anything else that gets in the way.
He wasn't the only hit by the patreon TOS, many other people made out of it just fine, and it didn't took them 4 months to recuperate. School? Bitch please, that's no excuse.

This game was in development for over a year now, and all we have is a sweet fuckall. Every update was a disapointment to many, there is a big chance that this update wouldn't be any better so he just fucked off out of shame. End of story.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
He wasn't the only hit by the patreon TOS, many other people made out of it just fine, and it didn't took them 4 months to recuperate. School? Bitch please, that's no excuse.

This game was in development for over a year now, and all we have is a sweet fuckall. Every update was a disapointment to many, there is a big chance that this update wouldn't be any better so he just fucked off out of shame. End of story.
I don't know the circumstances of everyone who was hit and stayed active instead of shutting down immediately, but I'm saying that it could be a combination of that extra work and his real life stuff causing it to slow down to the point that he doesn't have anything to update us with because he is working so slowly.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
If he had, he would have given up immediately like several other devs who were hit.
That is precisely what he did, but instead of terminating his account he decided to keep on draining the poor folks on patreon and post something from time to time just to keep himself afloat for a couple of months.

Reactions: flufficorrider5

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That is precisely what he did, but instead of terminating his account he decided to keep on draining the poor folks on patreon and post something from time to time just to keep himself afloat for a couple of months.
He didn't give up immediately, he remained in contact with us during the process of the review and never even considered shutting down the game except in the event it was unavoidable. That is what I meant, not going silent, but outright getting rid of all traces of the game and then either starting a new game or calling it quits on game development completely. Other devs have done exactly that, just giving up once the review started or just after it was completed and shutting down development completely. This kind of thing has killed multiple great games before they even had the chance to get out of alpha.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
This guy has gone on a hiatus for 3-4 months on a regular basis. That's why I terminated my patreon contribution to him. No work, no money. This is not a charity to support his education.
Life comes first, period. If that means a multiple month hiatus, then the dev goes on hiatus. Its better than the alternative, which is them dropping dead, literally, from overworking themselves. If you want to pull your patronage, so be it, its your choice.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Could you share some examples?
Unfortunately, I can't due to how long its been since then. This was in the first days of the new TOS. I can think of some that got hit other than Perverted Hotel, including some I was a patron of, but that's about it because all traces of the ones I'm referring to have been eliminated. These were ones who just gave up as soon as they got hit, didn't even try to continue, and just dropped it all.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
He didn't give up immediately, he remained in contact with us .
It's always the same shit, look at The Humbling Experience, for an example

The guy kept posting for a bit to keep milking people, "alive and kicking" or "getting there!", but he didnt do shit, and just abandoned the project, but of course he didnt terminate the account, because there's dumb people (32 to be exact) that are still contributing to his patreon after an entire fucking year of nothing

Pretending to keep on contact while milking idiotic patrons, whilst doing absolutely nothing is super common

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's always the same shit, look at The Humbling Experience, for an example

The guy kept posting for a bit to keep milking people, "alive and kicking" or "getting there!", but he didnt do shit, and just abandoned the project, but of course he didnt terminate the account, because there's dumb people (32 to be exact) that are still contributing to his patreon after an entire fucking year of nothing

Pretending to keep on contact while milking idiotic patrons, whilst doing absolutely nothing is super common
There are some like that, yes, but Minxy doesn't seem to be one of them. We wouldn't have gotten this far if he was.

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes