3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
There are some like that, yes, but Minxy doesn't seem to be one of them. We wouldn't have gotten this far if he was.
If no money was involved I could see your point. But not even responding for over a month. It just it says alot about a person.

You have to be both gullible and desperate to continue your support of someone like that.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
Life comes first, period. If that means a multiple month hiatus, then the dev goes on hiatus. Its better than the alternative, which is them dropping dead, literally, from overworking themselves. If you want to pull your patronage, so be it, its your choice.

I can understand your passion behind this project. I agree, life comes first and school does too. But his communication is no excuse, not at all. I bet in the last week alone he could have spent 5-10 mins logging onto Patreon to post a statement of "This is it, Life is my priority, game is closed for now." But he doesn't because either he's too lazy or he wants the $$$. The lack of communication is half the problem, other half is lack of content. Again most projects have been updated 5 times in the last 5-6 months since this game hasn't had any. Your reasoning of TOS means more dev time is honestly silly. He renamed the game, took out the incest. It's not like every update requires him to make ENTIRELY new scenes and such for incest, it's a 2KB patch to redo dialogue, that's it.

Long story short the game is dead in the eyes of its fans. Abandoned in our eyes if not his. Yes life is important, I agree he should focus on that but he has not handled his project well at all. Like I said before, if the work load is too damn much. Simply stick to writing and get someone else to rig assets and scenes, relay them to him and he can give the final critique but he either wants to remain in control, which is fine, or he is just not bothering to update us.

Do you personally think half a year without any official content update or any official, transparent information update is acceptable? Would you think people who paid 10$ or so a month since July are getting what they're paying for because I certainly don't. If Patreon ToS is fucking devs, how come The Twist updates every half month or so and Summertime Saga is still rolling on to this day? The incest block may have been a tiny hiccup from the start but it's not stopping anyone now.

TL;DR School and life important, so is being open with your fans who you're taking money from. Until official statement is made, no excuse cuts it.

Reactions: Master0232

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
Long story short the game is dead in the eyes of its fans. Abandoned in our eyes if not his. Yes life is important, I agree he should focus on that but he has not handled his project well at all. Like I said before, if the work load is too damn much. Simply stick to writing and get someone else to rig assets and scenes, relay them to him and he can give the final critique but he either wants to remain in control, which is fine, or he is just not bothering to update us.
You know, I'm a programmer and a writer myself. I don't start projects that I don't complete. However, I do not do such a thing full-time but only part-time. Therefore I think that I know very well what I can criticize and what not.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
I bet in the last week alone he could have spent 5-10 mins logging onto Patreon to post a statement of "This is it, Life is my priority, game is closed for now." But he doesn't because either he's too lazy or he wants the $$$. .
It's enterely true, but devs like Manic dont want to miss on that sweet free cash

Manic could've do as CheekyGimp (the guy that develops "Where the heart is"), he said "life got in the way, shit happens, i stop'd december payment so people dont get charged while not getting delivered" ~

THAT is showing your patrons that your stuff isnt dead but you dont want to steal from them

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
You know, I'm a programmer and a writer myself. I don't start projects that I don't complete. However, I do not do such a thing full-time but only part-time. Therefore I think that I know very well what I can criticize and what not.

?

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
It's enterely true, but devs like Manic dont want to miss on that sweet free cash

Manic could've do as CheekyGimp (the guy that develops "Where the heart is"), he said "life got in the way, shit happens, i stop'd december payment so people dont get charged while not getting delivered" ~

THAT is showing your patrons that your stuff isnt dead but you dont want to steal from them
Or - switch to 'pay per release' as Luxee does. Then you can take your own sweet time to release updates.

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
I really liked what I've played of this and I hope it's not another cash grab attempt but it sure as hell seems like it. I'm glad I never ended up supporting the Patreon and hopefully people start pulling their money from the project to either light a fire under his ass or have him just admit this is dead.

Reactions: iMagnor

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
If no money was involved I could see your point. But not even responding for over a month. It just it says alot about a person.

You have to be both gullible and desperate to continue your support of someone like that.
Or I could be someone who has been in his position, which I have. Game development is something that takes a lot of time by itself in the first place, the same can be said about school. Both also require a majority of a person's time to get even a satisfactory result, whether that's passing a class or producing quality content. You can't do both and keep each at a satisfactory level. One will eventually give way to the other and anyone who is smart about it will give priority to schooling because that has a much more drastic effect on their life than game development at this level.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I can understand your passion behind this project. I agree, life comes first and school does too. But his communication is no excuse, not at all. I bet in the last week alone he could have spent 5-10 mins logging onto Patreon to post a statement of "This is it, Life is my priority, game is closed for now." But he doesn't because either he's too lazy or he wants the $$$. The lack of communication is half the problem, other half is lack of content. Again most projects have been updated 5 times in the last 5-6 months since this game hasn't had any. Your reasoning of TOS means more dev time is honestly silly. He renamed the game, took out the incest. It's not like every update requires him to make ENTIRELY new scenes and such for incest, it's a 2KB patch to redo dialogue, that's it.

Do you personally think half a year without any official content update or any official, transparent information update is acceptable? Would you think people who paid 10$ or so a month since July are getting what they're paying for because I certainly don't. If Patreon ToS is fucking devs, how come The Twist updates every half month or so and Summertime Saga is still rolling on to this day? The incest block may have been a tiny hiccup from the start but it's not stopping anyone now.

TL;DR School and life important, so is being open with your fans who you're taking money from. Until official statement is made, no excuse cuts it.
That is true, however, there is the possibility that school did take priority, but did not completely shut down development. He could just be quiet because he has nothing to report due to slow downs in development related to school. The game is only dead if he says it is or this lack of communication continues for the required number of months, three I believe. Yes, if there is no time to post about the situation, which has happened to me personally, where I've had no time to do anything not related to school, it is acceptable. However, there is no way to know for sure if that is the case.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I really liked what I've played of this and I hope it's not another cash grab attempt but it sure as hell seems like it. I'm glad I never ended up supporting the Patreon and hopefully people start pulling their money from the project to either light a fire under his ass or have him just admit this is dead.
No amount of fire will help if he has no time to work any faster than he may already be.

ailemma

Oct 10, 2017
Life comes first, period. If that means a multiple month hiatus, then the dev goes on hiatus. Its better than the alternative, which is them dropping dead, literally, from overworking themselves. If you want to pull your patronage, so be it, its your choice.
Unfortunately you can't even prove that what the guy is saying is at all true.

Meanwhile, every month he rakes in cash from 'believers' such as yourself (probably) who forget about their contributions or are so hopeful for the guy to continue/finish his work and let the guy make money for doing absolutely nothing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Unfortunately you can't even prove that what the guy is saying is at all true.

Meanwhile, every month he rakes in cash from 'believers' such as yourself (probably) who forget about their contributions or are so hopeful for the guy to continue/finish his work and let the guy make money for doing absolutely nothing.
I'm not a patron, I can't afford it. That said, yes, I do hold onto hope that he will continue development or return if he had to take a break. You're right about one thing. Since we don't have him right in front of us and literally have one or two text based websites to get anything from him with, we have no way of knowing what is going on. no way to know if he's actively working at any rate, but also no way to know if he's stopped. That also means we have no way to know if the game is actually dead, leaving us to make assumptions.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
just uncheck the payment for him and watch his (possible) reaction...and then decide if it's worth waiting and paying for "something that you don't get"(it's like putting a pre-order for a game that will never come out)

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
No amount of fire will help if he has no time to work any faster than he may already be.
I don't buy that. Regardless of how busy you are with your life you can take 5 minutes to make a post to let people know you're still working on it so the people who are giving you over $800 a month don't feel like they're getting ripped off.

Reactions: blahblah25

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
there are 195 patrons and that guy(the developer/the one who made the game) gets 808 $/month: so for him it's like everyone are giving to him 4,14 dollars/month...less than five dollars...and i bet the patrons are going to quit soon...bc in a month and a half without giving news...smells like a fraud (in my opinion)

also: his latest news about him/the game(not those bullshitting promo-arts whatsoever) was dating 5th October...like 2 month ago already...then 3 promo-art, available for those guys who pay 10 dollars/month

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't buy that. Regardless of how busy you are with your life you can take 5 minutes to make a post to let people know you're still working on it so the people who are giving you over $800 a month don't feel like they're getting ripped off.
Not if you don't have five minutes to spare for it. I've been there and tried it, I nearly failed the class because one little bit of information slipped my mind because I hadn't studied enough and it was one of the most important concepts in the class.

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
Not if you don't have five minutes to spare for it. I've been there and tried it, I nearly failed the class because one little bit of information slipped my mind because I hadn't studied enough and it was one of the most important concepts in the class.
"dont have 5mins to spare for it"

i laugh whenever a so called student says that, since i myself have worked with people that study for their doctorates/master degrees AND work at the same time, and they still have plenty of time to spare

And in the rare case that you work 12 hours, study 8 hours and sleep 3 hours, you can still grab your phone and write a message while you are eating during that remaining hour

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes