3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
"dont have 5mins to spare for it"

i laugh whenever a so called student says that, since i myself have worked with people that study for their doctorates/master degrees AND work at the same time, and they still have plenty of time to spare

And in the rare case that you work 12 hours, study 8 hours and sleep 3 hours, you can still grab your phone and write a message while you are eating during that remaining hour
Some people can't double task when it involves two tasks requiring the same motor skill, I'm one of them. I can do two things at once if they involve two separate motor skills, talking while fixing something electronic for instance, but try to get me to fix the same thing while eating or doing something else involving my hands and I will mess one or both up, guaranteed. I also happen to suck at any musical instrument that can do more than one set of notes simultaneously, like the piano, for the same reason, but give me a brass or woodwind and I'm fine. Also, and this is something I just thought of, have you not considered how messaging takes away from development. I've done game development before and I can say for a fact that, if I'm on to a particularly nasty bug or an idea for future content and switch over to messaging people, I do lose my train of thought. Personally, this is why I've never developed anything for public release, because I tend to get focused when I'm on to something and lose track of everything else and drama like this would just annoy me because I don't believe in releasing unfinished products, which would lead to this.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
oh well....for what i care...i'm not paying for that game...so i don't really care, i was just saying those things bc i want news and those patrons should be feel betrayed bc it's already 2 months without some news...and they're still giving money. Another Opinion of mine: When someone is paying/investing in you and your product you should find those 5 mins every month and write something...it's like being some big investors: when shit happens those investors want news/infos from the guy/company they're investing because they feel like they're losing/wasting money(and most of the times they're actually losing/wasting money)...

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
Or I could be someone who has been in his position, which I have. Game development is something that takes a lot of time by itself in the first place, the same can be said about school. Both also require a majority of a person's time to get even a satisfactory result, whether that's passing a class or producing quality content. You can't do both and keep each at a satisfactory level. One will eventually give way to the other and anyone who is smart about it will give priority to schooling because that has a much more drastic effect on their life than game development at this level.

IMO, sex and lewd aside, Game Development for this game and others here should be the exact same as any other game development; From Devil May Cry 5 to Anthem to this. Disregard budget or money or life or whatever. Game Devs need to be transparent when it comes to the development of their project because of money, investment and such. Which is exactly what this is; investment of money by a third party. Investors would want to know if a project is going as planned because they can lose money if it doesn't difference being yes they are looking at the financial turn over where as we are just looking at the content return but it's still the same. And if you says it's not fair to compare multi million dollar games to this then, fine but we cannot then justify investing in the project and as such he does not deserve the money. Projects need funding regardless if it's 100 or 1 million so why is it that we hold other game developers in higher regard or demand for transparency and not these projects when they're still asking us to invest in their work and we thing it's okay for them to be quiet months on end. Money being pumped in, person showing nothing for it. Game Dev does take time so why does he not just stop development and focus on life? This is a question he nor you will answer. You can't have it both ways. Either

1. He stops development because life got in the way.
  2. He continues development and puts out content regularly
  3. Or he says "Life got in the way, stopping patreon because content isn't going out quick enough." and puts out content as he can unpaid
Like I said before, taking 5-10 mins to post any sort of update is courteous. He must have had 5-10 mins of free time since in the last month alone to something. People are literally throwing their money and he taking it and running. And the fact you're more so defending a college student grabbing $$$ and throwing a middle finger and not the fans funding him is mind boggling. He doesn't care about his patrons, nothing he has done up to this point has proven he has.

I'm not a patron, I can't afford it. That said, yes, I do hold onto hope that he will continue development or return if he had to take a break. You're right about one thing. Since we don't have him right in front of us and literally have one or two text based websites to get anything from him with, we have no way of knowing what is going on. no way to know if he's actively working at any rate, but also no way to know if he's stopped. That also means we have no way to know if the game is actually dead, leaving us to make assumptions.

We do know the game is actually dead because we have gotten nothing off him in half a year. Rockstar recently officially said one of their games was dead a few weeks ago and it had been in development for like ten years with the last piece of information coming from it was 8 or so years ago. If you don't want to say it's dead then its Schrodinger's Hotel; It's in a perpetual state of life and death with no leaning to the other; Project is still ongoing but is putting out the same amount of content as a dead project.

Not if you don't have five minutes to spare for it. I've been there and tried it, I nearly failed the class because one little bit of information slipped my mind because I hadn't studied enough and it was one of the most important concepts in the class.
If you can't spare literally 5 minutes for anything? Your entire life needs to be reevaluated. Even then, five minutes is not a long time. If 5 minutes of posting an update to Patreon is what stops you passing college, I'm sorry, but you deserve to fail if 5 minutes is so make or break for your pass.

Some people can't double task when it involves two tasks requiring the same motor skill, I'm one of them. I can do two things at once if they involve two separate motor skills, talking while fixing something electronic for instance, but try to get me to fix the same thing while eating or doing something else involving my hands and I will mess one or both up, guaranteed. I also happen to suck at any musical instrument that can do more than one set of notes simultaneously, like the piano, for the same reason, but give me a brass or woodwind and I'm fine. Also, and this is something I just thought of, have you not considered how messaging takes away from development. I've done game development before and I can say for a fact that, if I'm on to a particularly nasty bug or an idea for future content and switch over to messaging people, I do lose my train of thought. Personally, this is why I've never developed anything for public release, because I tend to get focused when I'm on to something and lose track of everything else and drama like this would just annoy me because I don't believe in releasing unfinished products, which would lead to this.
What's stopping him putting his alarm clock on 10 minutes early before class or college or whatever or on a day off, pulling up his phone and going onto Patreon and saying "As of right now Perverted Hotel is on hold until my personal life allows for more time. I am closing the Patreon" that's it. That one sentence is all we need and he still doesn't do it. I think you're giving credit for someone who just doesn't give a shit. "Oh if he logs onto patreon he'll lose all the stuff he studied!" fuck that, again if he has such poor learning skills that someone sneezing and him saying "Bless you" distracts him enough to erase any train of thought he had to a point where all learning to that point is damaged then fuck me how he made the game up to this point is amazing.

I'm sorry but you're literally pulling any excuse to defend him.

Official update on Perverted Hotel:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
wow you wrote the long version of my opinion(to the point i was actually listening the echo of those ORAORAORA XXD)...thanks StarPlatinum u.u

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well we had to wait for Reincarnotica for quite some time as well to get the update 0.2 and there was a time where we thought it was abandoned. But I sticked to it and when the update came it was worth the wait :)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
still, realistically...we should be worried about this game...no actual release in months...no news, just a bunch of promo-arts for patrons...not even free-users...so he actually had time for telling us about "go on hiatus/pause" but he drew some tits and butts instead...so my opinion is: "800 dollars/month? Good enough to eat and doing my real life stuff without worrying about my paycheck" <-- this is what i think that guy is thinking...

Reactions: GhostPhil

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
Not if you don't have five minutes to spare for it. I've been there and tried it, I nearly failed the class because one little bit of information slipped my mind because I hadn't studied enough and it was one of the most important concepts in the class.
And again I don't buy that. If you can't multitask then you shouldn't be making a game and you sure as hell should not be taking money for it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
IMO, sex and lewd aside, Game Development for this game and others here should be the exact same as any other game development; From Devil May Cry 5 to Anthem to this. Disregard budget or money or life or whatever. Game Devs need to be transparent when it comes to the development of their project because of money, investment and such. Which is exactly what this is; investment of money by a third party. Investors would want to know if a project is going as planned because they can lose money if it doesn't difference being yes they are looking at the financial turn over where as we are just looking at the content return but it's still the same. And if you says it's not fair to compare multi million dollar games to this then, fine but we cannot then justify investing in the project and as such he does not deserve the money. Projects need funding regardless if it's 100 or 1 million so why is it that we hold other game developers in higher regard or demand for transparency and not these projects when they're still asking us to invest in their work and we thing it's okay for them to be quiet months on end. Money being pumped in, person showing nothing for it. Game Dev does take time so why does he not just stop development and focus on life? This is a question he nor you will answer. You can't have it both ways. Either

1. He stops development because life got in the way.
  2. He continues development and puts out content regularly
  3. Or he says "Life got in the way, stopping patreon because content isn't going out quick enough." and puts out content as he can unpaid
Like I said before, taking 5-10 mins to post any sort of update is courteous. He must have had 5-10 mins of free time since in the last month alone to something. People are literally throwing their money and he taking it and running. And the fact you're more so defending a college student grabbing $$$ and throwing a middle finger and not the fans funding him is mind boggling. He doesn't care about his patrons, nothing he has done up to this point has proven he has.

We do know the game is actually dead because we have gotten nothing off him in half a year. Rockstar recently officially said one of their games was dead a few weeks ago and it had been in development for like ten years with the last piece of information coming from it was 8 or so years ago. If you don't want to say it's dead then its Schrodinger's Hotel; It's in a perpetual state of life and death with no leaning to the other; Project is still ongoing but is putting out the same amount of content as a dead project.

If you can't spare literally 5 minutes for anything? Your entire life needs to be reevaluated. Even then, five minutes is not a long time. If 5 minutes of posting an update to Patreon is what stops you passing college, I'm sorry, but you deserve to fail if 5 minutes is so make or break for your pass.

What's stopping him putting his alarm clock on 10 minutes early before class or college or whatever or on a day off, pulling up his phone and going onto Patreon and saying "As of right now Perverted Hotel is on hold until my personal life allows for more time. I am closing the Patreon" that's it. That one sentence is all we need and he still doesn't do it. I think you're giving credit for someone who just doesn't give a shit. "Oh if he logs onto patreon he'll lose all the stuff he studied!" fuck that, again if he has such poor learning skills that someone sneezing and him saying "Bless you" distracts him enough to erase any train of thought he had to a point where all learning to that point is damaged then fuck me how he made the game up to this point is amazing.

I'm sorry but you're literally pulling any excuse to defend him.

Official update on Perverted Hotel:

Silence does not mean death, I've seen quite a few go on hold on and off for long periods of time without dying. The only true way to know it is dead is if it is announced.

And again I don't buy that. If you can't multitask then you shouldn't be making a game and you sure as hell should not be taking money for it.
I can't multitask, but I develop games just fine. The ability to multitask is not required unless you want to risk...well, this kind of thing happening.

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
Alex, I'm sure you can develop games fine but the issue comes from when you can't update the paying customer on what is happening with you're game. That's a huge problem and if that is an issue for you I hope you not have or plan on making a Patreon for anything you make because that is what is expected of a developer.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Alex, I'm sure you can develop games fine but the issue comes from when you can't update the paying customer on what is happening with you're game. That's a huge problem and if that is an issue for you I hope you not have or plan on making a Patreon for anything you make because that is what is expected of a developer.
^ that's the whole point of this conversation

and i'm gonna repeat myself: if i was some investor who puts my own money into [insert some famous name]'s company and then the CEO makes some bullshits who cost me money...i demand answers!And that CEO doesn't have any choice: must reply to my questions or they're about losing money bc i'm cutting the business-relationship with that company or lower the amout of money i'm gonna give to that company.

it's the same thing with patrons: i personally don't pay anyone at all(i'm too poor and i don't have a stable job) but the actual patrons can actually force this Mr.PervertedHotel to reply their questions or they're about to stop the investing on this project, and they will be right bc Mr.PervertedHotel in 6 months has just made some art but not actual game-developing

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
Forum rules are it has to be 3 months (90 days) since last communication, so it won't be marked abandoned until January 29 at the earliest

Bameme

Dec 14, 2018
I would never trust this dev again even if he comes back... if he wanted or had to quit he should at least say something and cancel/delete his patreon page. Unless something really bad happened like he died or hes in coma, etc

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Well there is good games out there that is getting close and even better than this like

These guys atleast updates there games regularly.

Well. We shouldn't be so hard on this guy. Some could had happened for what we know.
Waiting for the next update maybe he'll tell whats up.

Aegis_HA

Oct 31, 2017
I just personally cannot wait for the next update if/when it comes. Either it'll be fucking amazing (finally get to tangle with MILF) or it'll be horrendously bad; either in length or sexual content.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Yazros

Mar 2, 2018
I just personally cannot wait for the next update if/when it comes. Either it'll be fucking amazing (finally get to tangle with MILF) or it'll be horrendously bad; either in length or sexual content.
I think a lot of people in this thread feel that way. I hate the way the project has been handled but if a new update came out tomorrow I would be super hyped because I do really like what I played of this game. At this point I would have to think if another update was released it would have to be significant to justify the 5 months of no new releases and the 2 months of complete silence otherwise they'd risk pissing people off more. Or maybe they don't give a fuck and release something small to keep up some interest while milking the remaining Patrons.

Reactions: Retro and iMagnor

Deleted member 662393

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2018
Honestly he said he is busy with college and working on a game alone can burn you out pretty fast doing both at the same time sounds aids, if you don't want to support him anymore just cancel your pledge but it seems some people are still willing to pay him over 700 bucks a month for that but whining here and saying they should close the thread or tag it as abandoned doesn't really help anyone just saying have a nice day bros and lets hope he is still alive and updates soon :geek::coffee:

Reactions: Exnaruto07
3.90 star(s) 39 Votes