4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Seriously, how many times do we have to start over with this game?
I like it, but there comes a point when liking a game is simply not enough to suffer playing through the same content again and again.
Even if you use the skip function.
So wait a bit. I mean seriously, as it is in development and being improved, you should know that there will be changes that screw with saves. Even the bullshit Holy Grail of BaDIK 5.2 saves are incompatible with the new release. You have to start over or revert to a clean unmodded 5.0 or earlier save.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Seriously, how many times do we have to start over with this game?
I like it, but there comes a point when liking a game is simply not enough to suffer playing through the same content again and again.
Even if you use the skip function.
You have to understand these games are in development. If you don't want to deal with changes, then wait until the game is finished. Because I promise you, you are going to have a very hard time finding a game in development that does not change anything, especially when a lot of us are not professionals like me who just learned how to do this a year ago.

I am doing my absolute best to give content, but you need to be fair and give me and other developers a chance. We are not professionals and are just trying to give you guys some fun games to play.

Bias does have a significance, but also subjectivity.

Of course people wont criticize new models harshly, because you dont have anything to compare them to.

I liked old Paris more, some people like new Paris more, its fine.

New models arent ugly, but neither were old models ugly.

I am more annoyed with a revampt not being needed because the old game was already a great game than anything else, i can play with new models, and i could play with old ones too.

Anyway, i think its time to move on, since the revamp is done already, we gain nothing if we keep hitting the dead horse.
I really don't understand when people say a revamp isn't needed. I seriously don't mean any disrespect, but you have no say in how us developers want to tell our story. The only power you have as a player is either to play or not to play, but saying that me trying to go back and improve on my own story is not needed is a little disrespectful.

it's like you're saying the time was wasted when I have seen so much improvement and they're having so much positive feedback on the new renders, and I'm happy about it.

We are artists, creators. Of course we want our art and stories to look the best possible, it's the reason you play our stuff in the first place.

Anyway, new update coming soon. Like 2 weeks =D

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
You have to understand these games are in development. If you don't want to deal with changes, then wait until the game is finished. Because I promise you, you are going to have a very hard time finding a game in development that does not change anything, especially when a lot of us are not professionals like me who just learned how to do this a year ago.

I am doing my absolute best to give content, but you need to be fair and give me and other developers a chance. We are not professionals and are just trying to give you guys some fun games to play.

I really don't understand when people say a revamp isn't needed. I seriously don't mean any disrespect, but you have no say in how us developers want to tell our story. The only power you have as a player is either to play or not to play, but saying that me trying to go back and improve on my own story is not needed is a little disrespectful.

it's like you're saying the time was wasted when I have seen so much improvement and they're having so much positive feedback on the new renders, and I'm happy about it.

We are artists, creators. Of course we want our art and stories to look the best possible, it's the reason you play our stuff in the first place.

I don't actually care if this sounds disrespectful to the critic..... Telling a developer how to make their product is kind of like telling Gordon Ramsey how to cook. They should tell you FUCK OFF which is of course what Gordon would say. SW is an artist as he stated, and he is making his story.

There is a line here that bears noting...
one can offer a critique if they like, be it good or bad. Telling someone how to do their work, unless you are their boss and paying their salary is arrogant and ignorant.
Let's let SW do his thing. The story is great. The models are great. (I like both sets of models and his animations) The revamp is a clear demonstration of his growing skill in expressing his talent. I have a legal purchased copy of the game. Most on here can not claim the same, so in particular that crowd needs to shut the fuck up. The rest of us, let's give our dev some peace and support!

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
This revamping stuff is getting insane. I am not trying to single out this particular dev, it becoming too much of a trend with a lot of games. Half the games I want to play I cant because all I get is revamps of old content and then nothing new for months on end. Its like like trying to watch a TV series that is stopping every other episode so it can remake the last 5 when in reality most don't need it. People generally want new story and content not remasters of old stuff. Guess i will come back in 6 months and se if there is anything new

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
This revamping stuff is getting insane. I am not trying to single out this particular dev, it becoming too much of a trend with a lot of games. Half the games I want to play I cant because all I get is revamps of old content and then nothing new for months on end. Its like like trying to watch a TV series that is stopping every other episode so it can remake the last 5 when in reality most don't need it. People generally want new story and content not remasters of old stuff. Guess i will come back in 6 months and se if there is anything new
The visual novels here are nearly all work-in-progress, we're just lucky enough to be able to see them before they're finished. Be glad to see something at all, with books and games in particular we have to wait forever for beta versions before we even see them. Even with professional books and games, it is quite common that complete concepts are thrown overboard and then it sometimes takes longer.

This does not necessarily apply to you, because I do not know whether you are a patron of this VN, but I am always negatively surprised by the many demands on the developers from pirates here in the forum.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The visual novels here are nearly all work-in-progress, we're just lucky enough to be able to see them before they're finished. Be glad to see something at all, with books and games in particular we have to wait forever for beta versions before we even see them. Even with professional books and games, it is quite common that complete concepts are thrown overboard and then it sometimes takes longer.

This does not necessarily apply to you, because I do not know whether you are a patron of this VN, but I am always negatively surprised by the many demands on the developers from pirates here in the forum.
I agree 100%.
While I am not so hypocritical as to slam the pirate site, as I am on it, but I financially support every game that I decide that I like either by purchase of game or gifting if I am able. That said, When those who are critical of a dev because they are improving THEIR vision are pirates who are not supporting said dev, it is particularly offensive.
Said it before, will say it again
FUCK THEM in their Anal Pore
Support the Devs. You want people to make quality games, help them out. Distracting them with this kind of bullshit is not only none of the business of the pirates, but detracts from what those of us who support the devs are seeking in our monetary contributions.

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018

I do try to support the dev's whenever possible it is simply not economically feasible to support all the Dev's for all the games i play. Thus I have too make choices about which ones to support. And while I personally have no issue with them revamping and improving their work I don't think it should be done at the expense of story. I am far more likely to support a dev who is progressing the story than one who who is just remastering old content. You appear to view these types of VN's as Novels or Movies, while I tend to view them a serial or TV show where the stated goal is to keep you coming back each update. And while the dev can say all day we should not play a game that "in development" and just wait until it is complete, I can just as easily say that if that's how they view it then maybe they should not release until it is complete and then charge a larger 1-time fee for the game. I don't pirate music, movies or books because I have the option to buy them outright when they are complete. I also pay for TV shows, or the source they come from, when I watch them. The only reason I don't do that with this many of the VN's simply do to the general length of time vs the cost of subscribing. As I said I don't have gobs of money to spare so i can generally afford 4-5 games per month if i am limiting my donations to the lower tiers. So when you figure that you can usually finish an update in a day or 2 that leaves a lot of extra time. Its easy to criticize people simply as pirates when you have no idea what their financial situation is. This is not the creators fault obviously but at the same time if he wants to earn one of those 4-5 spots I have available then they need to produce content to show they have earned it (This is not directed at SW, just a general statement).

And I want to be clear my frustration is not really directed SW, quite frankly i think he has done a rather good job of providing. He just happened to kind of be the straw that broke the camels back as they say. This feels like it has been a growing trend of the genre of late, where we get minimal story progression while it the dev's keep charging monthly but only produce minimal or remastered content. I have been around this site for few years now and I don't remember it being as bad as it has the last 6 months so.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
And I want to be clear my frustration is not really directed SW, quite frankly i think he has done a rather good job of providing. He just happened to kind of be the straw that broke the camels back as they say. This feels like it has been a growing trend of the genre of late, where we get minimal story progression while it the dev's keep charging monthly but only produce minimal or remastered content. I have been around this site for few years now and I don't remember it being as bad as it has the last 6 months so.
For many developers, these are their first own projects and their skills grow with the duration of the projects. You can't believe how often I change my code in the course of programming, because there is a more elegant and a more efficient method. After a while, there is hardly anything left of the original code.

I can well imagine that it is very similar when developing a visual novel. Of course, I can understand why as a fan you want to see the sequels as quickly as possible, but if the final product becomes nicer and better through the revision, then I'll be happy to wait.

Of course, there are also developers who are constantly rebooting their projects because they simply have no ideas to further develop their stories, which is indeed annoying, especially if you have been supporting them for some time.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Well, to me it wasnt needed because the story, renders and everything was good enough. And even then they are subjective.

Smarter people than both of us have said, perfection is the enemy of done.

That is my point, the old game was already a top game, the revamped one is still a top game.

Of course you are the Dev and can make whatever choices you want with it, but from the players PoV, the revamp was far from needed.

Reactions: botc76

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Revamps and reworks seem to not be very popular in this forum. I think the revamp is great, and we ended up with a better game than before. Working on something that you may feel is not your best work, can be very demotivating, so I think the revamp in the long run is a good thing for both the player and the dev.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I do try to support the dev's whenever possible it is simply not economically feasible to support all the Dev's for all the games i play. Thus I have too make choices about which ones to support. And while I personally have no issue with them revamping and improving their work I don't think it should be done at the expense of story. I am far more likely to support a dev who is progressing the story than one who who is just remastering old content. You appear to view these types of VN's as Novels or Movies, while I tend to view them a serial or TV show where the stated goal is to keep you coming back each update. And while the dev can say all day we should not play a game that "in development" and just wait until it is complete, I can just as easily say that if that's how they view it then maybe they should not release until it is complete and then charge a larger 1-time fee for the game. I don't pirate music, movies or books because I have the option to buy them outright when they are complete. I also pay for TV shows, or the source they come from, when I watch them. The only reason I don't do that with this many of the VN's simply do to the general length of time vs the cost of subscribing. As I said I don't have gobs of money to spare so i can generally afford 4-5 games per month if i am limiting my donations to the lower tiers. So when you figure that you can usually finish an update in a day or 2 that leaves a lot of extra time. Its easy to criticize people simply as pirates when you have no idea what their financial situation is. This is not the creators fault obviously but at the same time if he wants to earn one of those 4-5 spots I have available then they need to produce content to show they have earned it (This is not directed at SW, just a general statement).

So much this. exactly my thoughts.

And again, this isnt a SW problem, i think SW decision kinda broke the camels back because the original game was so good already

Reactions: botc76

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
And again, this isnt a SW problem, i think SW decision kinda broke the camels back because the original game was so good already
I also liked the original designs, but if for whatever reason the developer no longer liked them, then that is first and foremost their decision . What would your motivation look like if you had to constantly work on something that you no longer like yourself?

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

So much this. exactly my thoughts.

This is the last I'm going to say about this because it's really draining my energy lol

Do you know how many games get abandoned on this site? MOST OF THEM.

So for developers like me who are actually taking the time to make the game game BETTER for YOU get criticized? Never mind if you think it's needed or not.

I think you should judge a person on intent. Why do us devs do revamps? Like I mentioned to MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR YOU.

You guys have to give us a chance. And I have been doing the revamp for 2 months and a couple of days, and I'll be done next week. Releasing a new update in like 2 weeks.

I'm trying my best, so cut me a little slack lol

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
This is the last I'm going to say about this because it's really draining my energy lol

So for developers like me who are actually taking the time to make the game game BETTER for YOU get criticized? Never mind if you think it's needed or not.

I think you should judge a person on intent. Why do us devs do revamps? Like I mentioned to MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR YOU.

You guys have to give us a chance. And I have been doing the revamp for 2 months and a couple of days, and I'll be done next week. Releasing a new update in like 2 weeks.

I know a few of us have said somethings about the revamp good and bad(myself included), however I know that pretty much everyone who has played the old and revamped version would agree that the revamp was totally worth the time and effort you have put into it.

We may not all like some of the changes that you have made but as you have said(many times before lol) this is how you originally saw the characters looking, and even if we don't like some of the changes there's no denying that the overall look of the game is so much better looking and most of us appreciate the work your putting into it.

Also let's not forget we get this amazing game for free, and it's not as if SuperWriter is getting a wage for all the time he's putting into his games(pledges on Patreon don't count as a wage).

Sngo

May 9, 2020

I feel the same way in most revamps but in this particular case isn't that bad because SuperWriter did a fast job on the revamp, we have games that take 3or4 times more time doing the revamp with shorter games then this one, I was a bit bummed too because wanted more sex scenes with sasha since the only one we have isn't that good but still he is doing a pretty fast job in the revamp so let's cut him some slack.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020

Ignore them. You are doing a great job.

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes