4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You have to understand these games are in development. If you don't want to deal with changes, then wait until the game is finished. Because I promise you, you are going to have a very hard time finding a game in development that does not change anything, especially when a lot of us are not professionals like me who just learned how to do this a year ago.

I am doing my absolute best to give content, but you need to be fair and give me and other developers a chance. We are not professionals and are just trying to give you guys some fun games to play.
I have nothing against changes, I just don't like to have to replay games again and again.

I'm not saying this solves all problems but there's actually a thread here on the forum about how to avoid breaking save games with update after update, maybe it will help at least in this regard, if not with the desire to completely reboot it again :cool: :

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-variables-and-save-compatibility.16011/

From a writing pov, I understand the desire to go back and change things again and again, thinking they will be better, closer to the perfection you ideally want to achieve, but you, as someone who has several finished stories under his belt, you surely realize that sometimes it's better to just finish the story.
After you finish it, you can still go back and change/improve it, but at least the project is out there.

I know for some reason every game (even the really horrible ones) seem to inspire fans to react negatively to any form of criticism, it's obviously the same here, but the reason I make posts like the above isn't to pick on a dev or just make a stupid comment (okay, that's often half of my motivation ;) ).

I do it because I think letting a dev/writer know when things frustrate you might be helpful and in this case I know I'm by far not the only one who gets frustrated about rewrites/reboots and constant replays due to broken save games.
I've been on this site for a long time, I've played hundreds of Western visual novels alone and I've seen many projects die due to the devs desire to "make it even better" or add content to earlier parts of the game, thus constantly breaking saves. It's happened to dozens of games, some really good ones as well.
See, many just stop playing a game without mentioning the reason, that's not really helpful though.

IDK if you remember, but I've been following your game from the first release, with all the third person speech and all and stuck with it so far, because l DO really like it.
And I'm not giving up on it, but right now I have neither the time nor will to play it from the start again, so I'll wait for another update or two until I give it another go.

• Angry
Reactions: Arigon

Ray1021

Sep 18, 2017
it's like a T.V. show, now playing the part of Parris. You get used to one model then switch it up, it dosen't have the same feel

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I have nothing against changes, I just don't like to have to replay games again and again.

I'm not saying this solves all problems but there's actually a thread here on the forum about how to avoid breaking save games with update after update, maybe it will help at least in this regard, if not with the desire to completely reboot it again :cool: :

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-variables-and-save-compatibility.16011/

From a writing pov, I understand the desire to go back and change things again and again, thinking they will be better, closer to the perfection you ideally want to achieve, but you, as someone who has several finished stories under his belt, you surely realize that sometimes it's better to just finish the story.
After you finish it, you can still go back and change/improve it, but at least the project is out there.

I know for some reason every game (even the really horrible ones) seem to inspire fans to react negatively to any form of criticism, it's obviously the same here, but the reason I make posts like the above isn't to pick on a dev or just make a stupid comment (okay, that's often half of my motivation ;) ).

I do it because I think letting a dev/writer know when things frustrate you might be helpful and in this case I know I'm by far not the only one who gets frustrated about rewrites/reboots and constant replays due to broken save games.
I've been on this site for a long time, I've played hundreds of Western visual novels alone and I've seen many projects die due to the devs desire to "make it even better" or add content to earlier parts of the game, thus constantly breaking saves. It's happened to dozens of games, some really good ones as well.
See, many just stop playing a game without mentioning the reason, that's not really helpful though.

IDK if you remember, but I've been following your game from the first release, with all the third person speech and all and stuck with it so far, because l DO really like it.
And I'm not giving up on it, but right now I have neither the time nor will to play it from the start again, so I'll wait for another update or two until I give it another go.
I understand and I appreciate the criticism, even if I don't agree. Thanks

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
This is the last I'm going to say about this because it's really draining my energy lol

Do you know how many games get abandoned on this site? MOST OF THEM.

So for developers like me who are actually taking the time to make the game game BETTER for YOU get criticized? Never mind if you think it's needed or not.

I think you should judge a person on intent. Why do us devs do revamps? Like I mentioned to MAKE THE GAME BETTER FOR YOU.

You guys have to give us a chance. And I have been doing the revamp for 2 months and a couple of days, and I'll be done next week. Releasing a new update in like 2 weeks.

I'm trying my best, so cut me a little slack lol
I get you feel that way I really do but the problem your making a huge assumption that it IS making the game better for me. I have been very clear that I prefer story over image quality. So not getting story progression is definitely not making the game better for me as I simply don't value render quality as much as story.

And again my was not directed specifically at you but at the general trend I am seeing. I stated I feel you are doing fine overall though I was disappointed there was no new story. So if feel I was attacking you specifically I apologize for that as it was not really my intent

If you ultimate goal is creative excellence and you don't care if people support your Patreon and whatnot then cool. If it then you do care about that I don't think it hurts to take what potential subscribers feel into account. Otherwise screw what I or anyone else say, its your game do what you want my friend.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I get you feel that way I really do but the problem your making a huge assumption that it IS making the game better for me. I have been very clear that I prefer story over image quality. So not getting story progression is definitely not making the game better for me as I simply don't value render quality as much as story.

And again my was not directed specifically at you but at the general trend I am seeing. I stated I feel you are doing fine overall though I was disappointed there was no new story. So if feel I was attacking you specifically I apologize for that as it was not really my intent

If you ultimate goal is creative excellence and you don't care if people support your Patreon and whatnot then cool. If it then you do care about that I don't think it hurts to take what potential subscribers feel into account. Otherwise screw what I or anyone else say, its your game do what you want my friend.
I want creative excellence and I care what my fans think. If I didn't, I wouldn't be in this thread to begin with conversing with you, and would stay on patreon lol.

You didn't like the revamp, someone else just commented they did and it was all worth it. So should I listen to him or you?

You see, that's the thing. I have to do what's best for MY vision. And I'm absolutely happy with how it turned out.

Now, the revamp is about done. Enjoy the new update that's coming out in 2 weeks =]

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
I want creative excellence and I care what my fans think. If I didn't, I wouldn't be in this thread to begin with conversing with you, and would stay on patreon lol.

You didn't like the revamp, someone else just commented they did and it was all worth it. So should I listen to him or you?

You see, that's the thing. I have to do what's best for MY vision. And I'm absolutely happy with how it turned out.

Now, the revamp is about done. Enjoy the new update that's coming out in 2 weeks =]
And I am perfectly fine with that. And to be clear I dont dislike the revamp, I just dont value it as much as new story content. But if you are happy with your game subscriber base that is all that matters.

I think you doing just fine on this game and I apologize for taking my frustration out on your thread. I have been thinking about trying your other game (Secret Summer?) I just generally prefer to wait til the I see a Vaginal Sex tag or it has been 5 or 6 updates.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I’m a paid game owner. I’m a very active supporter. The revamp took something that was great and made it better. The artistic life is a hard one. For thousands of years artists have had to balance their vision vs having to please their patron(s).

Here on a pirate board people Are critical of the artists. I find that to be overbearing but yet, I myself have been hugely critical of the Holy Grail of late: Being a DIK. Why? I paid for that game. I paid for the previous shit work of Acting Lessons, and my criticism has been based on the remarkably limited writing skill of DPC. His renders and animations are top notch.
why do you think that is? Because he busts his ass to please folks but his writing falls into a very stale trope yet nuggets of brilliance are there. I give credit where it is due.
One thing I said which I feel I personally crossed the line on was that if DPC repeated the need to fuck up BaDIK like he did acting lessons, then he would lose fans and future money.
is what I said trying to influence him in his craft? Yes and no. As a PAYING customer I expressed my concern that he would fall back on a failed formula. However, he doesn’t listen to things on this site since his ego got beaten badly before.
I did not say ; THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD DO THIS! That is what many here are trying to do to SW. He is spending time and effort and his hard earned cash making his vision. If that vision fails to please himself, and his paying customers, then he will reap the reward of that. What he is doing with the revamp And telling his fetish story is pleasing himself and the vast majority of his paying fans. So I am not really thinking that I won’t buy his future products.
Super Writer, do what you do man, it’s good and if this fucktards cause you to not complete your projects then that is on them. You have done amazing work

Maethir

Jul 28, 2018
I feel the same way in most revamps but in this particular case isn't that bad because SuperWriter did a fast job on the revamp, we have games that take 3or4 times more time doing the revamp with shorter games then this one, I was a bit bummed too because wanted more sex scenes with sasha since the only one we have isn't that good but still he is doing a pretty fast job in the revamp so let's cut him some slack.
I do 100% agree as well even though i was super disappointed when i wanted to play new content. I will say SW handled way better than many have really only lost about 2 months i think. There have been other games i really liked that went 3-5 months between updates and then all we got was minor improvement (if even noticeable at all). So kudos to him for getting it done quickly and then moving on the story

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I do 100% agree as well even though i was super disappointed when i wanted to play new content. I will say SW handled way better than many have really only lost about 2 months i think. There have been other games i really liked that went 3-5 months between updates and then all we got was minor improvement (if even noticeable at all). So kudos to him for getting it done quickly and then moving on the story
Yeah, I definitely went into the revamp to get it out of the way as quickly as possible, and trust me, I have been working EVERY DAY. So update soon! Thank you for being understanding

HBI

Aug 10, 2020
There's a significant sacrifice an author makes in revamping; I believe it's a known quantity that it saps away fan enthusiasm. It's a long enough wait for new content already, but waiting for a game that already had 8 releases over time to be updated all over again is painful. Hopefully this game can regain some momentum after that. I've read the e-book and frankly I prefer the story as told in the VN.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I typically am not a fan of large revamps, and have already mentioned how I preferred a couple of the old models, but I think people aren't being totally fair to SuperWriter.

First, he hasn't made any significant changes to gameplay, character personalities, the tone of the game, or even the dialogue...those changes would understandably be frustrating for a lot of reasons. Second, unlike some other devs, he's actually given a rational explanation for why he decided on the revamp - he upgraded his skills and wanted to make the characters closer to how he originally intended. Makes sense to me! It wasn't just some random decision, or one made to delay creating new content. As he's already mentioned too, Superwriter has done the revamp really quickly, quicker than some other devs are putting out updates, so it's not like this has really dragged things out.

He's also been pretty patient too listening to all of the feedback, not all devs are like that guys! Anyway let's hope that this revamp will renew SuperWriter's interest in the game, and maybe he'll decide to extend the story out longer! :D

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
He's also been pretty patient too listening to all of the feedback, not all devs are like that guys! Anyway let's hope that this revamp will renew SuperWriter's interest in the game, and maybe he'll decide to extend the story out longer! :D
In my opinion he was even too patient, I would have lost my temper at some point. He's showing the best of intentions regarding the revamp, putting work into it at a record breaking pace, and getting a lot of bullshit for it.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Hmm. There is no animation during first sex with Paris. There is no animation at the moment and will they be later?
or is it the fault of the WT mod from OscarSix which i use? :unsure:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Hmm. There is no animation during first sex with Paris. There is no animation at the moment and will they be later?
or is it the fault of the WT mod from OscarSix which i use? :unsure:
No animations for now. I have learned that relying on others to do it for me is only trouble and I have to take time out to learn it, which I don't want to do after taking these two months off.

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes