4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
in all the game topics I post I don't think I've found a dev that is more active on the forum than SuperWriter
There are a few that are very active aswell, Killer7 for example. A lot of the times the devs are very active in the beginning but then the threads start becoming toxic and they just give up. It gets to a point that becomes a waste of time, people are just complaining for the sake of complaining and aren't even giving constructive criticism anymore

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
There are a few that are very active aswell, Killer7 for example. A lot of the times the devs are very active in the beginning but then the threads start becoming toxic and they just give up. It gets to a point that becomes a waste of time, people are just complaining for the sake of complaining and aren't even giving constructive criticism anymore
agree 110%

Jackal53

Aug 28, 2016
I held off to try this until this update because I wanted to see it after it had some meat on it. I have no idea what the characters used to look like, but from the perspective of this fresh pair of eyes, its a damn good game. It's hard to not let the comment section get to you, and it seems that a negative comment hurts more than 5 positive comments help. Here's a positive one, anyway.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I held off to try this until this update because I wanted to see it after it had some meat on it. I have no idea what the characters used to look like, but from the perspective of this fresh pair of eyes, its a damn good game. It's hard to not let the comment section get to you, and it seems that a negative comment hurts more than 5 positive comments help. Here's a positive one, anyway.
Thanks a lot, Jackal and of course you're right, but I think it's just human nature to do whatever I do and probably plenty of other developers.

We'll get 20 positive comments and a single one will ruin our day lol. I'll try to ignore them though and focus on making the best game I can for the people who enjoy and appreciate it.

Thank you!

Jul 20, 2020
I always appreciate and respect the dev/writer/etc popping in on these forums and giving answers, taking feedback etc. It shows that these projects are truly a passion of theirs to interact with us. As someone who's starting my own project, sometimes I wonder what type of minefield I could be wandering into. But at the same time, the story/VN i'm doing is pretty simple in regards to what Killer7 and Superwriter (among others) do.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks a lot, Jackal and of course you're right, but I think it's just human nature to do whatever I do and probably plenty of other developers.

We'll get 20 positive comments and a single one will ruin our day lol. I'll try to ignore them though and focus on making the best game I can for the people who enjoy and appreciate it.

Thank you!
You better. After all, I told you to. :ROFLMAO: Not my fault if you ignore me.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
View attachment 905235

Ok, so I have really exciting news for all of the scenes of the original models.

All the remaining updates from now on will ht the original models and the revamped.

1) Will this delay updates?

Nope. I was experimenting to see how I can make this happen and literally all I have to do is click one button and give the old Miracle skin back. Then render both images, the old and new model.

And with the awesome support of all of you, I was able to buy a second rendering rig that will be coming in the next couple of weeks, and I'll be able to render probably 10 times faster, so absolutely no wait time.
Man even after the poll that showed that the majority of the people like the new models, you still find a way to please the people that kept complaining.
tenor (1).gif

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's actually 400 to 300? now, but maybe i am too hasty to please everyone... Thanks for knocking some sense into me
In my opinion, it's important to listen to feedback but at the end of the day you should create something that makes you happy and you're proud of. If for whatever reason you feel like that there is something in your game that is not working out for you or is not up to your standards, you should change said thing. Trying to please everyone is a battle you will never win.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
In my opinion, it's important to listen to feedback but at the end of the day you should create something that makes you happy and you're proud of. If for whatever reason you feel like that there is something in your game that is not working out for you or is not up to your standards, you should change said thing. Trying to please everyone is a battle you will never win.
I totally agree. It's kind of easy to cave in under pressure and give everyone what they want... But I have to remember that this is my story and that's the reason they are playing it in the first place.

Thanks again

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I totally agree. It's kind of easy to cave in under pressure and give everyone what they want... But I have to remember that this is my story and that's the reason they are playing it in the first place.

Thanks again
I think the best thing is that you use the models that you prefer. If you prefer the Revamp models, use these. If people are here for the story, they will keep playing. I think it's best if you're happy with your game than try to make happy all people, that, in fact is imposible.

Personally I will be just as happy if you use the new models or the originals. I like both, even if I prefer the revamp.

Marcope

Aug 19, 2019
So what happened to the poll? I wanted to watch how it was progressing since it seemed original option was winning by a great margin (for more than 140 votes, 440 to 293 last time i checked) but now the poll it's gone. So does this mean that the poll was ignored or that it simply ended? Because the post it's gone from patreon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I think the best thing is that you use the models that you prefer. If you prefer the Revamp models, use these. If people are here for the story, they will keep playing. I think it's best if you're happy with your game than try to make happy all people, that, in fact is imposible.

Personally I will be just as happy if you use the new models or the originals. I like both, even if I prefer the revamp.
So what happened to the poll? I wanted to watch how it was progressing since it seemed original option was winning by a great margin (for more than 140 votes, 440 to 293 last time i checked) but now the poll it's gone. So does this mean that the poll was ignored or that it simply ended? Because the post it's gone from patreon.
I deleted both polls because I pretty much got what I needed to, and like Blas and others just commented, as long as I am happy with the story then nothing else matters.

The public poll won for the original, but the patreon pole definitely won for the revamp, 130 to 10 the last time I had checked and it stayed about that when I checked this morning.

And I think it would be pretty silly for me to go against the people financially supporting me and risk losing them as I make them wait for a version for people playing for free.

If they had also voted like the public pool then I know everyone would be on board and that would be no problem.

That was the reason for both polls in the first place.

So now, I'm officially done talking about the revamp and focusing on this update

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Woops, that's a little surprising...

Although I also personally prefer one of the older models a bit: All new models are great. Objectively considered probably all of them better than before, too. The rendered pictures are a big leap forward, much better. And actually here on F95, except for a few, most of the people had already either accepted the new models or found them better anyway.

That's why I wasn't very happy with your poll, which actually only brought back the heated discussions.

Well, as we can see now it is not possible to please everyone, unfortunately. So I still think you should continue with what YOU feel most comfortable with. It is YOUR game. And when most of your patrons are ok with it, too - do it.

Hence again my recommendation: Keep going! And I'm already looking forward to your next game update.

Marcope

Aug 19, 2019
I deleted both polls because I pretty much got what I needed to, and like Blas and others just commented, as long as I am happy with the story then nothing else matters.

The public poll won for the revamp, but the patreon pole definitely won for the revamp, 130 to 10 the last time I had checked and it stayed about that when I checked this morning.

And I think it would be pretty silly for me to go against the people financially supporting me and risk losing them as I make them wait for a version for people playing for free.

If they had also voted like the public pool then I know everyone would be on board and that would be no problem.

That was the reason for both polls in the first place.

So now, I'm officially done talking about the revamp and focusing on this update
You mean original don't you?

About all else, well it's your game so your choice, I think it's a pity to ask for feedback and when people gave it to you, you kind of ignore it because they are not paying you. They may not be your supporters now, but if you ignore the feedback that people not paying now gives you, it surelly won't get you points with all that people that voted the original.

And of course people that support you would vote for the option that implies less time before the update, if I'm paying I wouldn't want to wait 2 months even if I don't like the models that much, simply because I'm paying...

But whatever this are just my thoughts, it's your game and your choice to do what you want with it. I think it would be better if next time you want feedback, you ask just your patreon, because it's better than ask for feedback and then ignore the feedback from those that don't suppot you at the momment.

Sorry if I'm a dick, I'm just salty as fuck since I liked the original models and when you asked for feedback about them I saw the posibility of seeing them again, and seeing you pretty much saying (paraphrasing) "yeah thanks for saying what you want, I'm just gonna ignore you all because you don't pay" it's frustrating and I only can think time and time again, why is he/she/it asking for the public opinion if then he is going to ignore it?

Again sorry, I'm just pissed, but well this is my opinion only so just ignore me if you want, if the mods don't delete the reply first, that's it.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019

About all else, well it's your game so your choice, I think it's a pity to ask for feedback and when people gave it to you, you kind of ignore it because they are not paying you. They may not be your supporters now, but if you ignore the feedback that people not paying now gives you, it surelly won't get you points with all that people that voted the original.

And of course people that support you would vote for the option that implies less time before the update, if I'm paying I wouldn't want to wait 2 months even if I don't like the models that much, simply because I'm paying...

But whatever this are just my thoughts, it's your game and your choice to do what you want with it. I think it would be better if next time you want feedback, you ask just your patreon, because it's better than ask for feedback and then ignore the feedback from those that don't suppot you at the momment.

Sorry if I'm a dick, I'm just salty as fuck since I liked the original models and when you asked for feedback about them I saw the posibility of seeing them again, and seeing you pretty much saying (paraphrasing) "yeah thanks for saying what you want, I'm just gonna ignore you all because you don't pay" it's frustrating and I only can think time and time again, why is he/she/it asking for the public opinion if then he is going to ignore it?

Again sorry, I'm just pissed, but well this is my opinion only so just ignore me if you want, if the mods don't delete the reply first, that's it.
It's clear you're picking and choosing what you think about me, and making things up.

For example, you say that I ignore feedback when I have clearly showed what my patrons want.

Ok, so let me go against them and I lose their support. I'm doing this full time and it's barely paying my bills. So now I would have to get a real job and guess what happens to the games? There is no way I could create these games as much as I do and have a real job, which is why so many games get abandoned.

Also, go back a little in the threads and see when everybody was saying Miracles eyes look dead. So you know what I did? I went and changed them and now everybody thinks her eyes are a lot better. There are plenty of other examples as I have been in these threads since the game dropped a year ago, just go through them

Don't just pick and choose what you don't agree with and actually know a developer and what he does before you comment.

How many developers do you know spend time in the thread answering every single question and responding to your concerns like I do?

I swear it's people like you who make me want to quit this site, but I deal with it because I no there are fans who actually support me, and actually try to help me make the game better and that's all I care about which is why I am here getting feedback

And I apologize if I am coming off as rude but I'm tired of being nice to everyone who is rude

Last edited:
Reactions: BTLD

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

What are you talking about? He was even considering making the game with both the revamp models and the original. He obviously cares about people's opinions. But in the poll that was available for everyone, the majority picked the revamp, and when he made a second poll for patreons only, the vast majority also picked the revamp. Your problem is not that he doesn't listen, your problem is that you're mad that you're in the minority, and most people are actually ok with the revamp.

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes