• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Throwawayxyz

May 10, 2020
It's nice to see that so many people enjoyed my game enough to feel sad that it ends. Where was that support when I needed it for my mental? Seriously, if you think a game has potential, just write a quick comment and tell the dev exactly that. The worst thing for a creator is to be ignored. This game would have ended anyway but you never know when saying you liked a game makes the difference between it continuing or being abandoned. Playing With Fire never brought in good numbers.

I don't think the Epilogue needed more scenes. My guess is that people who say that would have liked to see more of the individual girls and how they interact with one another. Another week from Steve's perspective so to say. Sorry, but I don't have time for that. If anyone wants to continue the story from Steve's perspective, I can provide them with the .duf files.
Hey man,

I've been following the game since like the first few updates - I guess I should have commented, but I loved your work and hope you continue it.

Sorry my English isn't good if this is wrong

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
dacris69 I'm not sure where you saw a page, but Steam banned the game without the possibility to hand in a changed version. The answer would have been the middle of August
This is a pity. It does seem short-sighted of them to ban games with extreme prejudice like that. I've seen many other games that have "steam versions" that meet their content guidelines.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
NewTricks I understand them. I wouldn't put my name beneath any random game either and risk legal trouble for distribution. They are international, which means the whole thing is one big headache. Siding with caution, especially when it comes to small devs, is probably the right thing to do. Sucks because I lost a lot of money but It's not like I thought I'd ever publish on Steam when I started developing PwF.

Reactions: NewTricks
Aug 17, 2019
So I'm trying to get all the achievements and the only one I'm missing is "Hard Harem". Is this just a bait or is it actually doable? I've followed the same steps I've used to get all the other routes, but it blocks me from certain choices that I could do beforehand for seemingly arbitrary reasons.

On a separate topic, I can't say I'm a fan of how some of the dialogue is constructed. At times it's fine, at others it reads less like an actual conversation between two real teenagers/young adults and more like a rejected Oscar Wilde scene. I guess "formal, stilted, and a touch pretentious" would be the best way to describe it.

Reactions: HighbornTiger

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Vagabond Scholar It's not a bait. There should be a hint when you open the Achievements tab and click on the locked Achievement. You can't go through the Harem Route without activating CheatMode, so it's different from the rest. Here you need to go through the Harem Rout without using a Walkthrough.

Also congratulation on getting the ??? Achievement. I really thought it was too out of the box for people to bother with it.

Reactions: Vagabond Scholar
Aug 17, 2019
Vagabond Scholar It's not a bait. There should be a hint when you open the Achievements tab and click on the locked Achievement. You can't go through the Harem Route without activating CheatMode, so it's different from the rest. Here you need to go through the Harem Rout without using a Walkthrough.
Ah, that's where I was messing up then. I was assuming that like the other "hard" ones, there must have been a way to pull it off without cheat mode, so I was doing the typical route choices for all characters without a walkthrough, but without activating cheat mode. That's what I get for overthinking things.

ph0609

Feb 1, 2022
i want to know this game has 2 main characters and a 2-way storyline So that we can play for a while?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
i want to know this game has 2 main characters and a 2-way storyline So that we can play for a while?
The game has one MC and 4 LIs. The Dev is preparing another game that will use one of the characters from this game (Daniel) as MC. Originally this was included as a second part of the game, but (I guess) after complaints about having multiple protagonists he decided to make two separate games. In that the new MC will have other LIs different from the ones that the MC of this game has.

Mar 29, 2021
Zoltan Redbeard Update: Steam made it very clear that they will never publish Playing With Fire. This kind of sucks, but it is what it is. My next game will be something Steam will allow. But first I need to finish Steve's perspective.

Wait for it... I already did. Check out my latest Patreon .

Sorry that I turned my response to you into a release announcement :D
Hi HighbornTiger, I'm sorry to bother you again, however I'm very glad to see that your next game, , is finally coming to Steam (hopefully) soon!! (y)

Last edited:

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Zoltan Redbeard
Sure is, I launched the store page this morning.
The first 40 mins are already behind a paywall on my Patreon.
Early Access starts in Feb 2023 with roughly 3-4 hours of playime. It should be in development for about one-two years.
Feel free to add it to your wishlist ;)

Reactions: Zoltan Redbeard
Mar 29, 2021
Zoltan Redbeard
Sure is, I launched the store page this morning.
The first 40 mins are already behind a paywall on my Patreon.
Early Access starts in Feb 2023 with roughly 3-4 hours of playime. It should be in development for about one-two years.
Feel free to add it to your wishlist ;)
Awesome to know, thank you very much!!
Of course I've wishlisted it (y)

zeggdar

Jul 19, 2021
HunterSeeker Can you describe the issue in more detail? There is a good chance that the patch has been downloaded a few thousand times. I suspect the problem is on your end.

To install the patch, you replace the d0.rpy file in the game folder. That allows you to switch on siblings mode. You know that the patch is installed when you see a small icon in the lower right corner during a playthrough telling you if siblingsmode is active or not.
If you opened the game at least once and then installed the patch, siblingsmode won't be switched on by default since it works with persistent data. If that's the case you can just turn it on in the pre-game or in-game settings menu.

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
Damn, that's funny. I wishlisted a Foreign World on steam today without even realizing it was your game. Sorry to hear that this one got the ban however. Had this wishlisted as well until it disappeared into oblivion. Was kinda surprised to hear it was due to the school setting issue since I have roughly 100 VN's in my steam account that take place in schools (one of which was just released earlier this month). Sorry that you got one of those anal-retentive reviewers that steam seems to love so much these days. Anyways, I enjoyed this one even though it was a little rushed at the end. All the best to you.

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes