Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Portal Heart [v0.6] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 555mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Thy4nd

Scarsor

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2022
That is the problem I see. If the harem girls are sleeping with each other, then fine, I'm not excited about it, but it doesn't bother me. The problem is that they sleep with anyone (man or woman), and even worse if it's behind the MC's back.

It would be nice if Scarsor made it clear if this type of situation are possible and if we are going to be able to avoid it.
Scarsor here.
I really didn't think I'd have to explain it, since the situation is pretty clear when you play this game, but since people are interested in it and they care about it, I'll try to explain everything. Spoilers.
No one is going to sleep with strangers behind the protagonist's back. The girls can sleep with each other, even if it's just the two of them. Yes, that can be skipped, just like any other content that might evoke mixed feelings. And as I've seen, anything can evoke mixed feelings, but whatever.
Phew, that's a pretty long explanation, isn't it? I did spend less time and effort on my graduate dissertation, heh. Probably the only way I could present the issue in its full complexity. I hope it's clear afterwards what exactly I'm up to and what happens next. Thank you for your attention.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
That... doesn't sound right, i've seen webp reduce the file size by significantly more than 1/2 - 2/3, like, significantly more. Are you sure you've done your research on it, i can't really offer any insight cause as i said, i'm no coder, but i can't imagine this stuff is hidden in deep corners of the web.

Edit: and don't worry man, i'm not shitting on you, this is very early days for your game, being forgiving of early growing pains is easy and if i come across as snarky it's only cause i'm overly blunt.
Terribly sorry for necroing this part of the discussion, but I felt like addressing some key misconceptions about WEBP for the sake of all people involved. First, WEBP is actually two formats, one lossless, the other lossy, and second, it's latter part isn't generally superiour to JPEG.

Scarsor's findings about the lossless algorithm producing files of roughly half the size of the PNG algorithm are very accurate. And while it's possible to save a bit more space by employing the nearlossless switch, the preprocessing done breaks pixel-perfect reproduction effectively turning the lossless format into a lossy one, too – even if the human eye is incapable of spotting the difference. Now, lossy WEBP is able to produce smaller files, but (very much akin to JPEG) introduces varying degrees of compression artifacts in doing so. The main difference between WEBP's lossy algorithm and JPEG's, is that the former will generally smooth over details, while the latter will flatten colour and/or hue transitions. Colourful, highly detailed scenes will often be better compressed by JPEG whereas WEBP does shine on lesser detailed, more uniformly coloured ones. 'Better' in this case meaning to produce the smaller file while preserving the same level of detail. The one exception to the above is transparency: WEBP flat out beats JPEG in this regard, simply as the latter is lacking an alpha channel. Another crucial point to note is that the quality scales of both algorithms aren't comparable, so a quality 80 JPEG will actually reproduce more details than a quality 80 WEBP ( ).

Below is a size as well as visual comparison for your convenience:
Anyhow, hope this helps! And all the best, Scarsor!

Scarsor

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2022
Terribly sorry for necroing this part of the discussion, but I felt like addressing some key misconceptions about WEBP for the sake of all people involved. First, WEBP is actually two formats, one lossless, the other lossy, and second, it's latter part isn't generally superiour to JPEG.

Scarsor's findings about the lossless algorithm producing files of roughly half the size of the PNG algorithm are very accurate. And while it's possible to save a bit more space by employing the nearlossless switch, the preprocessing done breaks pixel-perfect reproduction effectively turning the lossless format into a lossy one, too – even if the human eye is incapable of spotting the difference. Now, lossy WEBP is able to produce smaller files, but (very much akin to JPEG) introduces varying degrees of compression artifacts in doing so. The main difference between WEBP's lossy algorithm and JPEG's, is that the former will generally smooth over details, while the latter will flatten colour and/or hue transitions. Colourful, highly detailed scenes will often be better compressed by JPEG whereas WEBP does shine on lesser detailed, more uniformly coloured ones. 'Better' in this case meaning to produce the smaller file while preserving the same level of detail. The one exception to the above is transparency: WEBP flat out beats JPEG in this regard, simply as the latter is lacking an alpha channel. Another crucial point to note is that the quality scales of both algorithms aren't comparable, so a quality 80 JPEG will actually reproduce more details than a quality 80 WEBP ( ).

Below is a size as well as visual comparison for your convenience:
Anyhow, hope this helps! And all the best, Scarsor!
Thanks for an explanation.
I can tell you that I decided to use jpeg instead of webp and I am quite happy with the result. I convert png to jpeg with 95% of the original, and even when you look at it in detail there is no loss of quality, while the final file size is more than 10 times smaller (from 4k to fhd, but still). Considering that other projects easily take two and more gb, I think the result of 1.1 gb is quite acceptable and there is no need to do further steps and squeeze more. At least, not yet.

Reactions: Hordragg

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Hit a dead end, can't do anything until i talk to Rumi, but Rumi is always busy no matter what time of day.

Shagrynn

Apr 3, 2018
Did you have an encounter at night? If you didn't, focus on other girls and Rumi's story will continue. Let me know if that works for you.
How would i focus? they all tell me to see Rumi for healing, and Rumi tells me she's busy at all times of day.

Scarsor

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2022
How would i focus? they all tell me to see Rumi for healing, and Rumi tells me she's busy at all times of day.
1669115647460.png
Once you're done with everyone else, this event will happen. And Rumi's story continues, I just checked that it works as it should. Pay a visit to each girl just in case if you missed someone.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Scarsor here.
I really didn't think I'd have to explain it, since the situation is pretty clear when you play this game, but since people are interested in it and they care about it, I'll try to explain everything. Spoilers.
No one is going to sleep with strangers behind the protagonist's back. The girls can sleep with each other, even if it's just the two of them. Yes, that can be skipped, just like any other content that might evoke mixed feelings. And as I've seen, anything can evoke mixed feelings, but whatever.
Phew, that's a pretty long explanation, isn't it? I did spend less time and effort on my graduate dissertation, heh. Probably the only way I could present the issue in its full complexity. I hope it's clear afterwards what exactly I'm up to and what happens next. Thank you for your attention.
Thanks for your thoughtful detailed explanation with the controversial three letter tag content. But I was wondering if any of the girl on girl scenes without MC, can be avoided? As many users here on this site have express wanting choices to not see (avoid) any of the lesbian only sex scenes?

Best Regards.

Scarsor

Game Developer
Sep 1, 2022
Thanks for your thoughtful detailed explanation with the controversial three letter tag content. But I was wondering if any of the girl on girl scenes without MC, can be avoided? As many users here on this site have express wanting choices to not see (avoid) any of the lesbian only sex scenes?

Best Regards.
I am pretty sure I've answered this kind of question before, but I'll give you an explanation anyway.
This kind of scenes will appear, without and with MC. Both options will be avoidable or skippable. If by "avoid" you meant not letting it happen in the first place, like "Stop right there, criminal scums!" kind of thing, then no, you won't be able to do that.
Hope that I managed to make things clear for you.

• Angry
Reactions: DodgeDadRamDaughter

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I am pretty sure I've answered this kind of question before, but I'll give you an explanation anyway.
This kind of scenes will appear, without and with MC. Both options will be avoidable or skippable. If by "avoid" you meant not letting it happen in the first place, like "Stop right there, criminal scums!" kind of thing, then no, you won't be able to do that.
Hope that I managed to make things clear for you.
People, at least in the forum, understand by avoidable that it doesn't happen, if it happens but you don't see it then it's skippable. It's better to use the words in this way so as not to have headaches later.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Pretty okay game. I particularly like the character models, they're very nice. But man... I need a break from all the games that play exactly like this one.

Anyway, there's not much I can complain about. A few times one of the girls mentions the MC by saying "the (name)", which shouldn't happen. And I think there were 2 mislabeled lines during the conversation between MC and Adele right after his first visit to all the girls.
(version 0.4)

2.50 star(s) 6 Votes