dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
any new news??? the year its ending and we are still waiting
It's still early. I'm hopeful that we get some news today. We just have to wait and see if he announces a delay or release guess/date. The good thing is, for people who pledge when he says he thinks it's going to release and it doesn't, he gives them the game if they pledged just for the release date. I know that doesn't really mean much here, but that's integrity. He could have milked them that extra month.

Dec 26, 2020
I am more diplomatic here with everyone's point of view: what it is being pondered is quality vs time, and everyone has their limits as this is subjective. For me, and I think for a lot of us here, our time limit is this year, because people will remember more that fact that the ETA wasn't reached rather than the extra renders or extra jokes written to match the execution of a particular scene made within that additional time that caused a delay.

In the end, this can all be solved if a concrete date is given. Yes, it is not that simple, in everyone's line of work here we often make a projection, but being this close to the end of the year, it is really needed. I can sense the anxiety in the room, and I totally get you. Lets hope a release date is published today.

Last edited:

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
You're totally right, he should definitely stop working to give more frequent progress reports, commit to a firm release date so we can be mad when he misses it, and make smaller updates more frequently so we can complain about how small they are. People definitely won't remember that as each chapter took longer to make they also got bigger and better, or that we got so many previews (3 times per month) through most of the dev cycle that some have complained they spoiled too much, or that the dev typically "goes dark" as he focuses on finishing each chapter.

I'm following (and supporting) him for PV, and will most likely support his next game unless it doesn't appeal to me.
You gonna be willing to wait 9months on 0.2 or 0.3 of a new game? If that is the release schedule of his new game it will 100% crash and burn before getting off the ground.

Fayn Arawn

May 24, 2019
You gonna be willing to wait 9months on 0.2 or 0.3 of a new game? If that is the release schedule of his new game it will 100% crash and burn before getting off the ground.
It depends on the size and quality of the update I guess. Of course I'd like it sooner, but 9 months is not so long to me. Maybe I'm just getting old. When I was half my age 9 months felt twice as long. :KEK:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
It depends on the size and quality of the update I guess. Of course I'd like it sooner, but 9 months is not so long to me. Maybe I'm just getting old. When I was half my age 9 months felt twice as long. :KEK:
In truth, that’s the way it is, this year has really gone by unnoticed if you ask me... 2023 is like they never happened... I remember once in 2011 I complained that time flies too slowly, now we complain that time flies faster... :KEK:

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Come on, dude. Seriously? You cannot deny that each chapter has gotten more content, which obviously result in a longer dev time. Any game in an early stage will not have this amount of content as we are getting now, so obviously the wait time won't be that long.

But to remind everyone, you're complaining about the wait time between releases for a game that's not even out yet. Tell you what, I have a couple of ideas of games I'd like to release. You can be the first to accuse me of milking my game.

Reactions: Xavier DAnger

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Come on, dude. Seriously? You cannot deny that each chapter has gotten more content, which obviously result in a longer dev time. Any game in an early stage will not have this amount of content as we are getting now, so obviously the wait time won't be that long.

But to remind everyone, you're complaining about the wait time between releases for a game that's not even out yet. Tell you what, I have a couple of ideas of games I'd like to release. You can be the first to accuse me of milking my game.
Sometimes less is more IMO.

I wasn't actually complaining about the content wait time here I never did in the past but over I've become jaded with the dev time of this game. I'm sorry but some extra Robotic animations isn't cutting it for me for an extra 2-3 months dev time it's why I lowered my support over time till he banned me for spitting some truth at him.

WWG must have the longest writing period of any dev in the space and for what? some jokes and punch lines he over explains because he thinks were too stupid to understand them.

News flash when you got to explain your joke it was never that funny to begin with...

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
That's good for you. I'm a lot more patient for games these days too but a 9 month dev cycle for a new game is a disaster for any dev, on top of cutting the ntr and its another space game as if the market isn't saturated with those nowadays. woof it's not looking good for the future imo

Only1P

Sep 10, 2021
That's good for you. I'm a lot more patient for games these days too but a 9 month dev cycle for a new game is a disaster for any dev, on top of cutting the ntr and its another space game as if the market isn't saturated with those nowadays. woof it's not looking good for the future imo
Can you just remove the "Gunpowder Cocktail" banner when you try to preach here? It's ironic..

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Can you just remove the "Gunpowder Cocktail" banner when you try to preach here? It's ironic..
If you were in that discord you'd see I've called that dev out recently too for his Antics too so not the slam dunk you thought it was lol

Beardedsmith

Jul 7, 2017
You're totally right, he should definitely stop working to give more frequent progress reports, commit to a firm release date so we can be mad when he misses it, and make smaller updates more frequently so we can complain about how small they are. People definitely won't remember that as each chapter took longer to make they also got bigger and better, or that we got so many previews (3 times per month) through most of the dev cycle that some have complained they spoiled too much, or that the dev typically "goes dark" as he focuses on finishing each chapter.

I'm following (and supporting) him for PV, and will most likely support his next game unless it doesn't appeal to me.
Just open with you being a simp next time so I don't waste so much time reading all that cope

indigis

May 8, 2018
For anyone complaining bout the update release:
Ch 11 script file + updated Ch 11 Mandatory patch was roughly 100k words
Since Ch 12 is anticipated to be about twice the size of Ch 11, you can estimate anywhere from 150k-200k words
If anyone of the complainers had to write that much, you'd probably blow ur brains out lol

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
It’s more than 100k writing. Events are separated into the many files. You only counted 2 files, but off the top of my head, there was the gym event files, Hunter files, Ophelia files and who knows what others. They all get written into. It’s much more then 100k words.

Hermit76

Apr 15, 2018
200.000 words in 9 month mean about 741 words per day. That seems to be not that much, but sounds manageable only for those, who ignore the following:
  • It is 741 words EVERY DAY.
  • It's coding, not writing a shopping list. That's something completely different.
  • A new part is not only the text, but also a lot of visual work. Nobody would play the game without the pictures.

4.20 star(s) 369 Votes