Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, old scenes are just disabled from being displayed in the code. Those images are still in the folders. easiest way to see is by going into the game folder and you'll see V8 and V9 along with V10 folder. all images are still there, they just aren't being used in the code.
? why is that, how does that deter pirating? considering the site we are on, very confused

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
it makes chapters 1 through 9 unplayable. It's meant for bug testing and thus we only need to test CH 10. That's why WWG asks to please not share this specific build.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
it makes chapters 1 through 9 unplayable. It's meant for bug testing and thus we only need to test CH 10. That's why WWG asks to please not share this specific build.
So we need to replay the actual CH10 build ?
If not the save will be unstable when playing CH 11 using CH 10 beta savefile ?

May 28, 2017
The bunch of sex scenes added are great and helps to push along the stories of every character.

The NTR scene that was added, tho? Godlike. Jizzed PRETTY hard on that one.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
So we need to replay the actual CH10 build ?
If not the save will be unstable when playing CH 11 using CH 10 beta savefile ?
The save still works. It will work on the official build when it comes out and it will work on CH 11 beta and official in the future too.

Reactions: Benn Swagger

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I'd have said the bit at the beginning where it forces you to load a save makes it unplayable, so why are only a few images locked out, why package them at all? it's already big, seems badly thought out to pad out the download with stuff that you not only don't need but is specifically barred.
The best approach IMO would be to replace them with a stock image that says something like Beta Placeholder so people know it's not a bug, that it's not a finished release.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
keep in mind, he's not making this to cater to the people who got it for free. This is only suppose to be seen by people who are only there to test CH 10 beta.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This line out of context amuses me to no end.

"You've actually lived somewhere else this whole time."

"No way! Well, I suppose I'm ready and willing to have your kid."

*Years Pass*

(Reading a paper, tears streaming down her face) "No, it can't be! I did live with him at the time!" (sobs)

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This line out of context amuses me to no end.

"You've actually lived somewhere else this whole time."

"No way! Well, I suppose I'm ready and willing to have your kid."

*Years Pass*

(Reading a paper, tears streaming down her face) "No, it can't be! I did live with him at the time!" (sobs)
it implies adoption my guy. no kid adopted as a baby knows they are lol. well, unless told. which is why he tells her here, that she is. I had to keep the suggestion under 50 words, it's a rule. So i have to hope he picks up on that. also, i can't directly imply incest when suggesting it on patreon.

The learns later thing can be multiple ways, but i'll leave it to WWG. You can't go too detailed or you don't leave room for him to get creative.

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
it implies adoption my guy. no kid adopted as a baby knows they are lol. well, unless told. which is why he tells her here, that she is. I had to keep the suggestion under 50 words, it's a rule. So i have to hope he picks up on that. also, i can't directly imply incest when suggesting it on patreon.
I get it lol I was joking. I understand the tenant/daughter thing but it makes for a funny plotline out of context

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
keep in mind, he's not making this to cater to the people who got it for free. This is only suppose to be seen by people who are only there to test CH 10 beta.
thats irrelevant, or are you saying he hates his Beta Testers? forcing them to waste their bandwidth downloading content that has no purpose being there.
and replacing the barred images with a single stock "This is Beta" image has to be more effective at
  • A) "detering piracy" by not giving them the real images.
    and
  • B) Alerting people that they don't have a legitimate release copies (in case they were duped into "buying" the Beta.)
    and
  • C) Confirming to his Testers that this is not a bug.

porotropo

Apr 21, 2018
I know the update just came out... but does anyone know approximately when the next chapter of what if...???

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Nothing new will be added but bug fixes from chpt 10 beta to final. The beta is the entire chpt so don't expect anything more when the final launches other than 1-10 fully playable together and the gallery working for the entire game.

Reactions: porotropo
4.20 star(s) 369 Votes