3.10 star(s) 75 Votes

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
chp13pre06.png

Powers That Be - Chapter 13 "Lunching" (Patreon Higher-Tier Release)

What time is it? It's time for lunch!

We are building up to another major event in Powers That Be that's coming right around the corner, but first there are some things that need to be sorted out between family and old acquaintances.

In Chapter 13 - Lunching, our protagonist gives the girls plenty of food for thought, while managing quick tempers and passionate desires. Based on your choices for a certain character from previous chapters, you may be able to eat more than than just food for lunch. Bring on the dessert!

This is a Patron-only release for Tier 3 and above. The Tier 2 release will be in 1-2 weeks time, and the tentative Public release will be together with or just before the Chapter 14 Tier 3 publication.

Please do consider so we can continue to make more games, content, and improvements for your enjoyment, and receive the latest chapters before anyone else. At BOG, we're a small team of 3 friends doing this in our free time, but as you can see we take this very seriously as it is our passion and we do our best to make new releases on a regular schedule. We really hope to do this full-time in the future with your help.

** Some players may experience loading issues with saved games from later chapters. Unfortunately, this is a Ren'py issue that conflicts with some of our new features. If you encounter such issues, try loading saves from Chapter 9 and/or before, it may help. You can also look up our Discord for more info and contact us there if necessary. **

Version: v0.4.6

Changelog:

• Characters models tweaks.
  • Some earlier chapters text changes.
  • Small UI, preferences and credits changes.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
"She is my EX-STEP-daughter....we are RELATED...that is wholly unethical."
HOW much contradiction can you have in one little sentence?
Now how is THAT for some editing that was clearly missed during playback, AND it's within the main storyline as well.
You know, this could have easily been written as her being JUST that in its entirety and it would have flowed well throughout the entire narrative, but no, someone just has to add the incest motif into it, then be forced to take that out ANYWAYS.

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
"She is my EX-STEP-daughter....we are RELATED...that is wholly unethical."
HOW much contradiction can you have in one little sentence?
Now how is THAT for some editing that was clearly missed during playback, AND it's within the main storyline as well.
You know, this could have easily been written as her being JUST that in its entirety and it would have flowed well throughout the entire narrative, but no, someone just has to add the incest motif into it, then be forced to take that out ANYWAYS.
Yeah, it sounds like it's been (badly) edited to be Patreon-friendly.

FriendlyDave

With the lemons...
Compressor
Jun 25, 2021
Powers That Be [v0.4.6] [Burst Out Games] Compressed

Download Win/Linux (708MB --> 208MB)
:
- -

Download Mac (673MB --> 174MB):
- -

Leave a like (y) if you enjoyed this crunched version

*This version of the game is untested and unofficial, user beware
Compression reduces the quality and can break the game

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tools Used: UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone), Cruncher v0.4.1 (BAS@f95zone), RPG Maker MV Decrypter (petschko@f95zone), Yet Another Cruncher (hngg@f95zone),

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Well it seem the MC's Daughter might be a Metahuman too... she punched that wall and the crack that appeared is a bit too much for what is supposed to be a somewhat athletic teenage girl to be able to manage in a single punch, I myself managed something like that after several punches while pissed as a late teen and I was probably above average in strength, she'd need to be built significantly more muscular to achieve that sort of damage with a single punch.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I've ran into the same issue since chapter 10.. until I looked at the scripts and found out why..

Down the bottom of the scripts, you'll see "Return". Replace that with "jump chapterX" (replacing "X" with the next chapter number. Ex: jump chapter11). Do that with each script file up to chapter 13 (leave "Return" in that file). Though I did notice a bug in chapter 13 at the very end of the VN when it goes into the "Next time on Powers That Be" screen. At least, it looked like a bug to me.

I use the latest version of UnRen (v0.91). And the scripts will be in the "game/scripts/story" folder once you've extracted the RPAs.

Last edited:
Reactions: alpharenji2
Jan 31, 2019
I keep getting an error when trying to load a save, I haven't been able to play/read this since 0.4.2, I am not using any mods currently (though I did have Shaddy's mod most of the time before then)
Here is the error I am getting:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I keep getting an error when trying to load a save, I haven't been able to play/read this since 0.4.2, I am not using any mods currently (though I did have Shaddy's mod most of the time before then)
Here is the error I am getting:
It may be a bugged save (that's my best guess). Have you tried loading one of the auto saves?

3.10 star(s) 75 Votes