Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Keep crashing when loading level (device lost error)
You probably have AMD, follow this guide.

Yeah, the Project Elimination was solid and I was really bummed out to see the abandoned tag on Project Unknown, a game like that in a cramped space ship with those things lurking around trying to find you was something really unique to most lewd games, as much as I'm glad to see the dev is working on something I prefer the original project design over the open world design of this newer project.
The plan is to have segments like that even in this more "open" game, nevertheless, as post launch content, a more story focused "scenario mode" is planned, where the dev will create specific long missions to flesh out world and lore, instead of creating a brand new game he believes (and pretty much every one agrees) that it would be better to grab everything that's already working here and recreate that scenario in this game and release it as part of this game mode to save dev time...

Mar 27, 2022
All settings to minimum, FSR to balance, in the beginning ~26 frames, H scene ~40-70, caves ~20-40, as far as I understand it from the Vulkan? 1080p resolution
In addition, it seemed to me that the ATV is electric? +is it four-wheel drive? Odd that when you lose an outfit, if after that buy something from a dealer you can use it only after getting the outfit back.
Cool thought that the cave enemies differ in color from the ground.
I hope to customize the ATV as in Days Gone.
Will it be possible to shoot while controlling the ATV?
Will there be any unique stuff in the caves like in TheForest?

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
All settings to minimum, FSR to balance, in the beginning ~26 frames, H scene ~40-70, caves ~20-40, as far as I understand it from the Vulkan? 1080p resolution
In addition, it seemed to me that the ATV is electric? +is it four-wheel drive? Odd that when you lose an outfit, if after that buy something from a dealer you can use it only after getting the outfit back.
Cool thought that the cave enemies differ in color from the ground.
I hope to customize the ATV as in Days Gone.
Will it be possible to shoot while controlling the ATV?
Will there be any unique stuff in the caves like in TheForest?
Glad that at least you could play...sadly that Vulkan workaround is the only way to boot with RDNA2 until this incompatibility with DX11 RVT is either fixed by AMD driver or an alternative is found...
I don't know about ATV customization, but different ATV models could be implemented since it's in the plan to own multiple vehicles.
For the rest: shooting from ATV it's something that has been brought up and the dev's jokingly said that he would like to implement "GTA drive by" style shooting xD; the caves will be different regarding the enemies that populate them, some will also be former mining facilities or artificial tunnels, these that you see now are just a proof of concept to try the cave generator system (basically he will add more "rooms" to generate more divers caves, the same will be used for buildings).

essdubbaya

Jul 18, 2018
1683465471051.png
AMD card checking in here. I have a 6700 XT
Crashes immediately after it begins to load in after character selection
System has 64gb ram and a ryzen 5 5600

TophatLovingDruid

Jun 11, 2017
I like the game, however I have been experiencing a bug which some keys would stop working esc would no longer bring up the menu. I hope this game is continued to be developed as there is some good stuff here.

Does anyone have a recommendation for games similar to this? it seems crazy that this is the first game like this I've seen.

Jul 10, 2017
Ok, so the problem with RDNA2/RDNA3 is going to take a while more to debug, since Matto's developing with a 1070 he cannot reproduce the issue and uploading GB after GB of testing build is very time consuming...

As a temporary workaround, I would take a page out of mav99's book and suggest using a neat little piece of freeware called : these little .dll files allows a game built in DX11 like this one to use the Vulkan API instead, that seems to be working for RDNA2/3.

Attached to this post is a compressed .zip containing the correct folder structure and files to be place in the game folders (\WindowsNoEditor\ProjectElimination\Binaries\Win64); by placing these 2 files there, you'll be able to leverage Vulkan instead of DirectX, avoiding a "D3D Device Lost" error.

Note: these are files downloaded from the dreaded internet and on top of that are .dll, some antivirus might flag for that and, while I tested it on my machine successfully, I will take no responsibility for it, download at your own risk!

Performances might not be ideal, but you'll play...so I suggest you to delete the folder %localappdata%/projectelimination to reset the configuration...and thank mav99 for bringing this to my attention ;)

All of you are strongly encouraged to update your GPU drivers to the latest version.

For any questions you might have, feel free to contact me directly here or on Discord (link in the signature)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really weird that I didn't receive any alerts, but the results are fantastic, I downloaded the Original Post 5-3-2023 file and this hotfix e.g d311 dll file thingy and booted straight up and confirmed it works without crashing, the only downside I guess is that the performance is terrible on my 6700XT, I can barely reach 30fps, but looking down on the ground would reach 45fps, just wanna give you an idea about the perf.

From walking, shooting, riding the QUAD like a madman and cave exploring, NO CRASHES.

I've heard Nanite works wonders and from what I heard, its only available in UE5 sadly, but still I know Matty would optimize it

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I like the game, however I have been experiencing a bug which some keys would stop working esc would no longer bring up the menu. I hope this game is continued to be developed as there is some good stuff here.

Does anyone have a recommendation for games similar to this? it seems crazy that this is the first game like this I've seen.
The menu is still an early iteration with a loto of stuff crammed in, to unstuck when the key seems disabled just move the nous around the various buttons and option, it usually gets working.

Really weird that I didn't receive any alerts, but the results are fantastic, I downloaded the Original Post 5-3-2023 file and this hotfix e.g d311 dll file thingy and booted straight up and confirmed it works without crashing, the only downside I guess is that the performance is terrible on my 6700XT, I can barely reach 30fps, but looking down on the ground would reach 45fps, just wanna give you an idea about the perf.

From walking, shooting, riding the QUAD like a madman and cave exploring, NO CRASHES.

I've heard Nanite works wonders and from what I heard, its only available in UE5 sadly, but still I know Matty would optimize it
Sadly moving to U5 is a no, the dev tried that some times ago and basically everything stopped working, he would have had to rework the game from the ground up and said <<fuck that.>>...And this issue is honestly more AMD's than Epic's fault, since RDNA1 and Nvidia works fine and RDNA2/3 are known to have compatibility issues with "older" api like DX11...too bad that this component (native to U4) crashes on DX12 and Unreal provides support no longer...an astronomical conjunction of bad luck...

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Needless to say, best way to ensure that this mf keeps developing, is to help him in his journey by subscribing to his Patreon ;)

Perelik

May 12, 2019
Okay so far soo good. But how do I get more ammo money? killed some dozens of the fokers only 1 drop ... 1 bullet.

PS Sometimes the menus bugs (stash cant exit or I can not open my menus)

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Okay so far soo good. But how do I get more ammo money? killed some dozens of the fokers only 1 drop ... 1 bullet.

Consider that this test build is for performance / engine stress, not for actual gameplay, that's only showcased...all that balance will come later

mrme

Nov 8, 2017

I think the game is largely going to focus on melee combat, with firearms having a high cost to use and the downside of being noisy and attracting unwanted attention.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
I think the game is largely going to focus on melee combat, with firearms having a high cost to use and the downside of being noisy and attracting unwanted attention.
Also that, consider that each headshot rn is pretty much a oneshot kill, so it will be balanced by having firearms has high risk/reward weapons

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes