sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
paperwork Finally getting around to playing for the first time in... a really long time, and I'm at the first date with Hank - and I have a few questions before I go further.

First, will agreeing to be his girlfriend lock you out of other content with the brothers (including trying to start an actual relationship with one or the other) - or will there be an opportunity to dump him in favor of them (or just cheat)?

And speaking of cheating on Hank, does/will the reboot have a version of the one scene from the original where he bets and "loses" you in a game of... I think it was pool? and you can choose to insist on honoring the bet, and leave with the other guy? Cause that was fantastic :p

I understand some of the criticism. Boobs are great, no question, but they should fit the rest of the body. Sadly, there is rarely a developer who is bold enough to have petite girls with petite breasts like they would have in real life. Maybe some tweaking at last? You don't have to give her bee stings but does she really need DDs?
I totally agree with you - hell, you even have the option in-game to have her think they're too big for her body and wish they were smaller. Would be interesting to maybe get the chance to let her follow through on that and get reductions?
Though admittedly that does basically double the number of renders needed, so it might not exactly be practical (unless maybe HS allows for quickly swapping out models while keeping poses and outfits the same, in which case it wouldn't be such a big deal. Dunno if that's possible though)

Last edited:

BUsybat

Mar 4, 2018
First, will agreeing to be his girlfriend lock you out of other content with the brothers (including trying to start an actual relationship with one or the other) - or will there be an opportunity to dump him in favor of them (or just cheat)?

And speaking of cheating on Hank, does/will the reboot have a version of the one scene from the original where he bets and "loses" you in a game of... I think it was pool? and you can choose to insist on honoring the bet, and leave with the other guy? Cause that was fantastic :p
As it stands, being Hank's GF will lock you out of content with the beach boys although there are particular steps you need to do for the beach boy path to open as well. Down the track, there is also an option to break up with Hank if you don't like where the plot is going. Not including steps as I don't know whether you prefer to explore around which you should as one of the core attractions of PS is that the choices you select matters a lot and a lot of hidden various scenes will occur differently.

The pool bet from old version has not occurred yet as
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In other news, we are embracing update rotation:

• Is there an update on when X version will be release?
  • Who can be our hero? (When released on Patreon)
  • Is there a compressed version? (When released F95)
  • Can someone provide a Mac/Android version?
  • I lost my save/save not working, some1 PLEASE provide save file from last update (Non existent in Project Sage :unsure:)
  • This update is pathetic , barely any content , see you in 2020 (Non existent in Project Sage :ROFLMAO:)
  • What is the password for Sliver's labtop (Oh wait, different game)
  • When is the next update coming?
  • And repeat :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: Creeping Death

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
paperwork
I totally agree with you - hell, you even have the option in-game to have her think they're too big for her body and wish they were smaller.
Ah noooo, I started supporting this game because of the MC! Yeah, the proportions are not realisitic, maybe this turns a sicko like me on ;). There are enough other games with nearly normal sized girls (if you like atomic tits and horse asses). Do not change her!

Btw, look at the link in my signature, maybe you like this girl (yeah self promotion, how poor is that -> I am a poor sicko, now I made myself cry :cry:).

Btw, I have to admit, I am concerned a bit what is currently going on. I know paperwork answered 3d ago to a question that there will be no two-part release, everything goes into a single release. But one week ago he posted:

"
I am working on the school scenes right now. I decided to extend them. There were already some interactions with Simon. I thought I didn't give Miyagi any love lately. So, for players who want to see more about him, I'm making some scenes with him. I'm working pretty hard to push the release until the end of the month now. Images 90%, writing 70% done so far."

I hope he is being fine and no family matters and is in content creating berserk mode, forgetting time and space ;) But I don't want to bother him with WHERE IS THE UPDATE?! Just want to reassure me that others here see it the same way. If not, keep it by yourself ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ray3dave and Jeiz

Jeiz

Jun 13, 2018
I've been asking him on patreon, that he should info us atleast every week. Imo that's like ''Customer service'' and that's why he must offer us some information, since we're paying ''customers''.

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I get that everyone is excited to see the next release (myself included), but can we all just relax a bit?
I get that there are lots of devs that promise the moon and then just fuck off with patron money, but I have seen nothing to indicate Paperwork is one of them. Quite the opposite - the size of his updates and their regularity ... wait, it sounds like I'm describing bowel movements. :p
Hopefully I'm misreading the comments above, and people are chilled out and not getting upset about this.

If you've been keeping up with this as much as I have, then you know he's mentioned his parents had some medical issues back in June, and he is so committed to this Project that he took a week off from his day job to catch up on the game. Back in June he warned us that v0.16 and v0.17 would likely be released behind schedule. So it should be neither a surprise nor reason for alarm when that happened.

As one of his patrons (who is extremely happy and wish I could afford to donate more) the most recent update i have seen is July 30th (exactly one week ago) which Nelythia posted here.
The last paragraph of that post says:
"I don't really like it when I can't keep my word. But, I assure you, I was not sitting idle :) I am working to make the game better. And this release is the perfect time to start these school events. I just couldn't ignore the opportunity. "

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
As it stands, being Hank's GF will lock you out of content with the beach boys although there are particular steps you need to do for the beach boy path to open as well. Down the track, there is also an option to break up with Hank if you don't like where the plot is going.
Ah alright, cool. Nice to know I'll be able to ditch him if he gets too boring. Odd that the beach kids are the only ones locked out and not the brothers though - and rather unfortunate, I rather like them :p

Not including steps as I don't know whether you prefer to explore around which you should as one of the core attractions of PS is that the choices you select matters a lot and a lot of hidden various scenes will occur differently.
Oh I totally agree! I've always been impressed with the level of variation based on player choice - even if in many cases it's just minor things, it's always great to feel you're having an impact.

The pool bet from old version has not occurred yet as
Huh, I don't remember that having been a requirement - could've sworn I remembered it having only been like their second date... which made it even more delightfully cruel, heh

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
+++ STATUS UPDATE +++ STATUS UPDATE +++ STATUS UPDATE +++

3d ago

Hiii i'm new here!! Minna-san Yorushiku!can't wait for the new update!!! But The game is so big already, when will you consider releasing part 2?? Or can't you just release the new update so we can paste it to the old one???

1h ago

Thank you for pledging, Sin Bean. I don't want to give a certain day. But, it is very close :) The update I'll release will be the bug-fixed version plus the new version.

---

21h ago

Hey Paperwork, how are you doing? Anything new about the progress? i'm just too hyped! (and i want her to loose her v card soon :D)

1h ago

I'll probably take her V card probably in the next update. Hank won't be in the polls this time.

---

1h ago

Great to see you are still concerned with the progression :) I have started the poker event. The school events are nearly done. But, I wanted to take a break from them. I think this will be a good release with plenty of content. It is probably the largest so far.

22min ago

Thanks for the Progress Update. It feels good to know you keep in touch.

Jeiz

Jun 13, 2018
+++ STATUS UPDATE +++ STATUS UPDATE +++ STATUS UPDATE +++

21h

Hey Paperwork, how are you doing? Anything new about the progress? i'm just too hyped! (and i want her to loose her v card soon :D)

1h

I'll probably take her V card probably in the next update. Hank won't be in the polls this time.

1h

Great to see you are still concerned with the progression :) I have started the poker event. The school events are nearly done. But, I wanted to take a break from them. I think this will be a good release with plenty of content. It is probably the largest so far.

22min

Thanks for the Progress Update. It feels good to know you keep in touch.

Also some addition

Thank you for pledging, Sin Bean. I don't want to give a certain day. But, it is very close :) The update I'll release will be the bug-fixed version plus the new version.

Reactions: atlas114

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018
Ah noooo, I started supporting this game because of the MC! Yeah, the proportions are not realisitic, maybe this turns a sicko like me on ;). There are enough other games with nearly normal sized girls (if you like atomic tits and horse asses). Do not change her!

Btw, look at the link in my signature, maybe you like this girl (yeah self promotion, how poor is that -> I am a poor sicko, now I made myself cry :cry:).

Btw, I have to admit, I am concerned a bit what is currently going on. I know paperwork answered 3d ago to a question that there will be no two-part release, everything goes into a single release. But one week ago he posted:

"
I am working on the school scenes right now. I decided to extend them. There were already some interactions with Simon. I thought I didn't give Miyagi any love lately. So, for players who want to see more about him, I'm making some scenes with him. I'm working pretty hard to push the release until the end of the month now. Images 90%, writing 70% done so far."

I hope he is being fine and no family matters and is in content creating berserk mode, forgetting time and space ;) But I don't want to bother him with WHERE IS THE UPDATE?! Just want to reassure me that others here see it the same way. If not, keep it by yourself ;)
Thank you, mate. Unfortunately, sometimes there are things that I can't control. Yes, we have a health problem in the family again. But, this is a more manageable situation than the last. So, that doesn't stop me from working. It just stresses me. I don't feel sociable for the last few days, I guess. But, Longo is right, when I'm in "berserk" mode, I tend to forget time and space.

I just want to talk about release dates. With the game getting larger, the choices grow with it. So, believe me or not, relatively, I am working more with each release. You may not see it at each update as more scenes or text. I just want to give you an example from the poker night I'm writing right now:

In the first poker night, there were no choices that depended on the previous events. This time, I consider:
-How many times the MC has seen Wilson's dick
-Their encounter in the balcony
-The MC's decisions in the previous poker game
-The MC's horniness
-Boyfriend situation

Most of these decisions require me reading all previous chats in those events and evaluate all the variables used. Then, I decide what whould happen with each choice. If I can't do the scene is one session, I need to read everything again. Then, I make the scenes. If they look odd, I change/rewrite them. This is more than three times the work I did in the first poker event.

Thinking of a solution, a few come to my mind and I like none of them. I just want to share them, regardless. Because, one or more of these will happen if I start to care about release date too much. Some of you may think that I'm lazy or want more money or I am tired from making the game or I am not professional. The only thing I care is not regretting anything after a release. For me, that's the maximum I can give to my Patrons and people who enjoy the game. When I feel that not adding or not changing some (extra) scenes reduce my satisfaction, I delay the release. It has always been like this. However, let's return to the topic of possible solutions for quicker releases.

1- To cut down or ignore some decisions
2- To build some branches in this update and progress others in the next
3- Adding no new ideas-repeating the old stuff with a little progression
4- Shorten the events
5- Don't check the consistency of the MC's thoughts and/or speech

You probably see one or more option used occasionally in some games (sometimes in PS too, maybe. If I felt too tired). The list goes like more probable>less probable for the current state of PS .

I like to see people talking or asking or "slightly" getting angry about a new release. Those comments keep me working on the game. I haven't written this to slam anyone talking about the new release. On the contrary, I wanted to let you know about my side of things. Because, this community has been quite supportive and mostly constructive so far. And I thank you for it.

Sorry for the wall of text :). I'll be reading your comments about the next release soon :)

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Thank you, mate. Unfortunately, sometimes there are things that I can't control. Yes, we have a health problem in the family again. But, this is a more manageable situation than the last. So, that doesn't stop me from working. It just stresses me. I don't feel sociable for the last few days, I guess. But, Longo is right, when I'm in "berserk" mode, I tend to forget time and space.

I just want to talk about release dates. With the game getting larger, the choices grow with it. So, believe me or not, relatively, I am working more with each release. You may not see it at each update as more scenes or text. I just want to give you an example from the poker night I'm writing right now:

In the first poker night, there were no choices that depended on the previous events. This time, I consider:
-The MC's horniness
-Boyfriend situation

Most of these decisions require me reading all previous chats in those events and evaluate all the variables used. Then, I decide what whould happen with each choice. If I can't do the scene is one session, I need to read everything again. Then, I make the scenes. If they look odd, I change/rewrite them. This is more than three times the work I did in the first poker event.

Thinking of a solution, a few come to my mind and I like none of them. I just want to share them, regardless. Because, one or more of these will happen if I start to care about release date too much. Some of you may think that I'm lazy or want more money or I am tired from making the game or I am not professional. The only thing I care is not regretting anything after a release. For me, that's the maximum I can give to my Patrons and people who enjoy the game. When I feel that not adding or not changing some (extra) scenes reduce my satisfaction, I delay the release. It has always been like this. However, let's return to the topic of possible solutions for quicker releases.

4- Shorten the events

You probably see one or more option used occasionally in some games (sometimes in PS too, maybe. If I felt too tired). The list goes like more probable>less probable for the current state of PS .

I like to see people talking or asking or "slightly" getting angry about a new release. Those comments keep me working on the game. I haven't written this to slam anyone talking about the new release. On the contrary, I wanted to let you know about my side of things. Because, this community has been quite supportive and mostly constructive so far. And I thank you for it.

Sorry for the wall of text :). I'll be reading your comments about the next release soon :)
Thx Paperwork for you brief reply!

And I wish you the best for the family health issues (most of us know how stressful those situations are)!

Yeah, all those many options with their dependencies take their tribute. But that's one of the things people love this game for (and of course Amy :love: ).

fjabbegreven

Aug 5, 2016
4- Shorten the events
You're heading into the exponential choice and consequence hell that has plagued many an RPG(and why it's so rare to find the ones that do it well). I think the best way is to try and reduce the sprawl, because the more choices you add in the more work each new day requires, which will eventually lead to burnout.

The best way is probably to further reduce the impact of choices into arbitrary stats(wimp attraction for Simon, Matt and beachkids, chad attraction for Chris, Hank and beachdudes, geezer attraction for Stephen, Neighbour etc. Desire to be monogamous, desire to use sex for personal gains etc. etc.) and only use those stats to lock off/open paths throughout the game. Of course this can be taken too far, which I think most of us know from games with a single corruption stat. Maybe you should try and plan out the paths you want to be available, and start implementing them to completion(or just flesh the story out), and then focus on creating convergence/divergence points through-out the game.

Maybe decide on a handful of desired endings, and prune the paths that diverge too far from those, so that you always have the end goal in mind when you come up with a new scene. Otherwise you'll end up going in too many different directions and never finishing. Another way if the idea is more flowing, is to add in hard convergence points along the way, an example could be the money needed to progress through Athlaka in Baldurs Gate 2, there's a series of ways, and your alignment/gear will be effected, but that's about it once you pass that gate. In your case this could be after she moves in with her Uncle, where you could prune some side characters no longer relevant to the plot, and reduce the impact with those characters to her sexual preference and general moral compass.

Anyhow, there's not a lot of good examples and even the best out there (fallout 1, arcanum) had to reduce and localize a lot of the consequences of your actions, and delay them till after the end of the game(those famous ending slides).

BUsybat

Mar 4, 2018

-The MC's horniness
-Boyfriend situation

4- Shorten the events

Can I just say how awesome Paperwork is , giving us an update here - a pirated site? Communicating to us his thought process, struggles and opinions? Usually these kind of things would be on patreon.

Apart from GGGB, I have not come across another game with this much choice related triggers like Project Sage. All this CYOA elements explained about the upcoming poker event, simon/miyaki event and everything we have experienced thus far, Project Sage is seriously a very enjoyable game and it is still BLOODY ACT 1!!!

I would comment though is perhaps you should not set release dates as it gives expectations and probably unnecessary stress to yourself which can snowball to limiting your creativity. We are all or most cool cucumbers on waiting on release dates. So if you dont want to feel regret after releasing something that is not up to your satisfaction , probably a monthly release may not be too feasible. Sometimes you just need to compromise and decide on which work frame suits you best & of course continue to keep some degree of weekly communication with your patreon supports would be excellent as well.

Last edited:

Locamenteloco

Dec 14, 2018
Fo

-The MC's horniness
-Boyfriend situation

4- Shorten the events

Sometimes it is hard to know how big and complex this game has become just in ACT 1, I recently had to make new paths for this new update to come, and I was impressed by the size of the game so far, it took me several minutes. skipping all the dialogs and quickly choosing the choices to get to the end, I just have to congratulate you PW, of course I'm extremely looking forward to the new update, but every time I think about it I can only imagine that I would never be able to produce a game like this one, you are one of the best here, if not the best, producing it all by yourself, thank you so much for this masterpiece ...

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes