baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
the good with this game is the whole thing.
to start cut things down will make this game average, sure, faster updates, but average.
better keep the game as it is and instead manage how much content each update will have,

nobody wants to wait, we want to play now, and we want all branches.
the blueballs will not give care of the time it takes to do. they will immediately complain and start accusing the dev. we know their behavior and they will not stop.

its quite obvious that a game like this will grow with each update. more branches/paths will also mean more renders and text, eventually theres so much to do that it will consume the dev. can he hold up?

better focus on a couple of branches each update and make it as good possible, even if we need to wait, we know it will be worth it in the end.

Reactions: Locamenteloco

Afezeria

Aug 7, 2017
Most of these decisions require me reading all previous chats in those events and evaluate all the variables used. Then, I decide what whould happen with each choice. If I can't do the scene is one session, I need to read everything again. Then, I make the scenes. If they look odd, I change/rewrite them. This is more than three times the work I did in the first poker event.
Speaking of which you should recheck some of your defined values. I saw the odd place here and there where you assigned a value, but then in the next event or day use the wrong value to trigger conversation snippets.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They're really just minor things as they don't change your choices in game, but there's probably one major one if you choose to keep carrying the value forward?

By the way I've been wondering what would be the best way to send errors to you? I basically have no life at the moment so I could do some simple spelling/error checks.

Oh yeah, thanks for the hard work paperwork. I really enjoy this game.

Last edited:

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Speaking of which you should recheck some of your defined values. I saw the odd place here and there where you assigned a value, but then in the next event or day use the wrong value to trigger conversation snippets.

They're really just minor things as they don't change your choices in game, but there's probably one major one if you choose to keep carrying the value forward?

By the way I've been wondering what would be the best way to send errors to you? I basically have no life at the moment so I could do some simple spelling/error checks.

Wow, that's fantastic and helpful if someone rakes into the source code! (y)

ionDivvy

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2018
Personally, I don't mind the current speed since most games update every 2 months at best. Even with the delays it's still pretty darn fast.

But what I would recommend if the workload becomes too much, is to finally make the switch over to Act 2. And from Act 2, only take into account the most important variables (i.e. who Amy is dating, who she had sex with, etc.) That would probably bring the release speed back to normal without too much lost in the process. And even if you are somewhat unsatisfied, you can always edit the game and fine-tune the dialogue somewhere further down the road when you're deeper into the story. No game is perfect on v1.0, after all. I'd much rather take a slightly stripped down game on release and get faster updates, and no fear of burnout happening. Fans have to look at the realities too.

Maybe the update after this, or the one after would be a good place to start Act 2. Amy is finally starting to open up with BJs and actual sex, so it's a good place to branch off IMO.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i like that idea if the game has gotten too big with too many branches to start fresh with Act2.

you can do that MrDots did with DMD and have the player make the choice at the start to predefine stats; ie did you want a relationship with Hank? y/n; did you let stephen, matt, and/or chris peep on you? did you get too drunk during the fashion show?

maybe something like that. now that i’m thinking about it; the sheer number of paths is pretty crazy. there’s probably some unseen dialogue and choices i’ve missed that we need a true walkthrough for.

Evilko

Apr 11, 2017
I use PM (Conversation) on this forum to send bug reports to him. Dev read and answers to them so it's viable way.

paperwork

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2018

Thank you for mentioning these. Any way for learning about bugs is good for me. The best way would be via a pm here. I would really appreciate it if you could do that. If you have a better way of doing it, again, just send me a pm and let's talk about it. Evilko has been constantly finding some of my misbehaving code lines and pixels :)

atlas114 and veronin , thank you for your inputs. I like my variables and branches for now :) :) Some of them will certainly be eliminated until act 2. But, as I said, reaching Act 2 is about story, not a certain volume of content. While at that, if the game gets too large to manage in size, I can always split it in volumes.

Please don't get what I've written before as if I'm complaining or I am unable to manage the choices anymore. It's just the opposite. I want your choices to be meaningful and don't want to discard them unless it is a necessity. What I tried to say before was I will keep the choices and try to keep them meaningful as long as I can even if it takes a little longer to release the updates and require more effort. The branches are constantly merging, changing and splitting in most updates anyway. IMO, this extra effort is worth it.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
the excitement and anticipation for v0.17 is growing and growing!

h-scene speculation on the school and poker scenes:

- Simon gets to finger Amy
- Simon gets a hj and bj from Amy
- Mr. Miyagi gets a bj from Amy and gets close to penetration but Amy stops him short of that
- The neighbor and his pals suggest strip poker to Amy; they let her win at first to build a false sense of security then start cheating so that she ends up losing all her clothes. sort of like the truth/dare scene with Matt’s friends, i can see the stakes raised so that Amy helps the neighbor or his friends get naked. i don’t think there will be any hj/bj here but definite tease to progress during poker night.
- That night Amy goes home, decides to be more daring and starts walking around naked but there is a chance to be peeked on by uncle Stephen, Matt and Chris

fjabbegreven

Aug 5, 2016
Please don't get what I've written before as if I'm complaining or I am unable to manage the choices anymore. It's just the opposite. I want your choices to be meaningful and don't want to discard them unless it is a necessity. What I tried to say before was I will keep the choices and try to keep them meaningful as long as I can even if it takes a little longer to release the updates and require more effort. The branches are constantly merging, changing and splitting in most updates anyway. IMO, this extra effort is worth it.
Commendable effort, and I'd just like to voice that I personally prefer narrative width over depth, if that makes sense. IMO a shorter more replayable game is superior to a longer more locked in narrative. Also don't be afraid to axe some threads with a bad end, not all threads need to end up 'reconnected' to the main story line, though I kinda assume something like that will happen with the older beachdudes or failing to break the blackmailers grasp. I've just seen so many overly ambitious projects die to exponential branching, so I hope you'll have the necessary restraint :)

Midnightsky

Feb 21, 2018
Thinking of a solution, a few come to my mind and I like none of them.
Options on scheduling the game updates:
a – don’t put any date for a new release at all. Like – New update coming soon or Story will continue (maybe not this one – sounds like it will take a year);
b – give yourself some freedom (not as much as option a) to complete release the way you like. Like – New release in October. It gives 6 to 10 weeks to work on update;
c – estimation, based on previous experience. If upcoming update will take 6 weeks to finish, then following update also will take at least 6 weeks. If the game complexity will increase after upcoming update it will require additional time - so plus 1 week. Also, it would be wise to have some reservation for unforeseen events. Like 1 or 2 weeks. Total is 8 to 9 weeks and the deadline would be middle or late October.

1- To cut down or ignore some decisions
If there is no other way. It would be sad to see game not reaching its full potential.

2- To build some branches in this update and progress others in the next
Wouldn’t it be the same as reducing amount of content in an update? If it is so, then, I suppose, it is the most viable option to speed up releases.

3- Adding no new ideas-repeating the old stuff with a little progression
Would it make the game more interesting or attractive? If - yes, then do so. If – no, don’t switch to sandbox.

4- Shorten the events
The same as first option: it would be sad to see game not reaching its full potential.

5- Don't check the consistency of the MC's thoughts and/or speech
I would advise not to consider this one as an option to speed up releases. The way MC is presented in this game is very unique comparing to other games. It almost feels that she is alive (sounds like Frankenstein – sorry, I didn’t have him in mind). I find it as one of the most attractive parts of the game. Cutting on her personality consistency might severely damage the game.

Just a thought to cheer up: to complete a big task I find it easier to restrain myself to a certain manageable workload each day and not to think too much about how big a whole task is (such thoughts tend to ruin the mood and bring stress). I found that there is less pressure when you focus on things at hand instead of thinking how far away you are from finishing your project. Never took on myself such long project as this game, which may take a year or even more to complete, but, I suppose, the more reason to keep creator happy with what he makes.

Reactions: Shane2

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
since dev is adding some more stuff with the school and of course is working on the poker night scene, could we be treated to some more preview pictures or teasers?

paperwork pretty please :)

Reactions: teamka42 and Jude6

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Reactions: RuddyB

arkypoub

Nov 18, 2018
since dev is adding some more stuff with the school and of course is working on the poker night scene, could we be treated to some more preview pictures or teasers?

paperwork pretty please :)

I am still adding and fixing scenes. It is easily the largest update up to now and I'm still adding stuff. I wish Patreon didn't have rules about posts and I could show you some :) It has become also the kinkiest update so far.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

I am still adding and fixing scenes. It is easily the largest update up to now and I'm still adding stuff. I wish Patreon didn't have rules about posts and I could show you some :) It has become also the kinkiest update so far.
Update

Wow, this sounds amazing, I'm pumped for the Update beyond belief. What would you estimate before you could release it, are we talking hours, days or weeks?
17h ago

I really want to give an estimate. But, I can't :) It will probably be within a week.
14h ago

4.60 star(s) 60 Votes