AutoBio

Jan 16, 2018
Can someone else test my fix for trait inheritance, please?
Used dnSpy to edit Assembly-CSharp.dll - added a function call on birth to update traits, seems to work now.
Edit: after more testing it seems Health trait increased only MaxHealth of newborn units, but spawned units have both current and max health updated.
Added "set health to maxhealth on birth" fix.

Devs will sure make it work in the next update (and much more).
For now, you can watch results of your eugenics with this quick fix.

Won't update already born units though (in your save) - just get new offsprings with working traits.
Extract in your game folder (ProjectR_v0.3.0.0), choose to replace.

Last edited:

Huntchez

May 9, 2018
My thoughts so far..

1. This game is tricky, albeit somewhat difficult at the start, but I found myself cheesing it from like day 15 onward by loading platoons with all the trash goblins, while the best continued mating.

2. Shortstacks got me acting up, and devs are based with the heavy focus on impregnation and cumflation going on in this game.

3. Game can soft lock very easily when using slaves as fighters. SAVE OFTEN.

That said, for all basic as the game is right now, I do find it enjoyable to mess around with. If save transferring between updates is safe, then there's nothing stopping me from preparing a full base of T5 goblins and women until then. This game has a lot of potential.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
How in the hell do you paly this game?

By the 6th round of attacks its game over, they go through 40 fighters with no problem.

The OP show things that don't make any since while you play.
The top floor has 4 beds but the OP shows it is either empty or 2 beds.
The OP says you have a choice of a shota or a man but only the man is there.

GoblinGobbler

Jun 30, 2023

By the 6th round of attacks its game over, they go through 40 fighters with no problem.

The game isn't complete yet. And the images just shows concepts that the devs were planning to add in the game. This is currently just a beta version and there are many things that are not yet added and fixed.

Ravenger6660

Sep 14, 2017
Some of advise to the creator.
Higher tier units should be about 3x more powerful than previous tier units
Example:
I have two archers that do 6 damage, range of 10, every 1 second, and supply of 2
Then I have a crossbow that does 12 damage, range of 10, every 1 second, and supply of 4
In this example two archers are better.

I have two archers that do 6 damage, range of 10, every 1 second, and supply of 2
Then I have a crossbow that does 18 damage, range of 10, every 1 second, and supply of 4
In this example Crossbow has a little more value. But still has its flaws in that is can over-kill a weak target.

Reactions: flannan

flannan

Dec 15, 2022

That's quite early for you to lose. I recommend investing more heavily in the archers. Something like 4 archers and 2 melee should give you an advantage in battle.

That said, the game is early in the development cycle, so creating a properly reliable defenses is probably not part of the game yet. It seems that at higher levels, enemies chewing through 2 groups of defenders is the norm, you just need to prepare more of them.

The "screenshots" in the OP are mostly "concept art" of the future game, not actual screenshots. The last 5 pages should have some actual screenshots for what the game actually looks like.

Some of advise to the creator.
Higher tier units should be about 3x more powerful than previous tier units
Example:
Then I have a crossbow that does 12 damage, range of 10, every 1 second, and supply of 4

Then I have a crossbow that does 18 damage, range of 10, every 1 second, and supply of 4
In this example Crossbow has a little more value. But still has its flaws in that is can over-kill a weak target.
Somehow, your post looks like a flag. Not sure which country, though.
I have to agree, at the moment, shortstacks seem less powerful than 2 archers.

Imitater

Aug 2, 2022
I got overwhelmed on day 10-12. I tried to stock up on goblins when the entire team got wiped out. It turns out having two shortstacks in one fort is a death sentence. The game was about to get interesting when the eugenics started rolling with the damage, health, crit chance, and conception rate stats. That difficulty curve was way too steep.

Huntchez

May 9, 2018
I got overwhelmed on day 10-12. I tried to stock up on goblins when the entire team got wiped out. It turns out having two shortstacks in one fort is a death sentence. The game was about to get interesting when the eugenics started rolling with the damage, health, crit chance, and conception rate stats. That difficulty curve was way too steep.
Here's my strat..

Make a few platoons, like 2-3 with nothing but Melee goblins. Rest will have 1 Archer/Shortstack, rest melee goblins.

If the enemy is all melee, the all melee goblins will be enough.

If the enemy is mixed ranged and melee, use all melee. If your melee goblins wipe, wait for the archers to move close to the outpost before dropping another platoon of melee goblins to clean them up.

If the enemy is mixed with a healer, start off with the all melee goblins to kill their melee units, then switch to the Archer w/ Melee to tank the arrows while your archer flinches them.

Always have multiple platoons, as they will wipe more and more frequently until you get full platoons of T4 and T5 goblins. Do not be afraid to use the ones with negative traits as fodder.

Reactions: Imitater

pirollo

May 2, 2017
I just discovered that you can also use the human slaves to defend the "castle"...
Nice find!

(for those who didn't knew like me, just drag the human unit over a goblin already placed in the defence tower)

Reactions: Arabi1

bakareimeme

Dec 4, 2019
Update just dropped. Google translated patch notes:

Ver0.3.0.1 Update content
1. Modify the problem in which the image is broken (related to the OS region setting)
2. Fixed the problem that the player character disappeared
3. Fixed an issue where a slave is placed in a party
4. Fixed an issue where the characteristics are not applied
5. Fix the status of the short stack
6. Fix list UI
7. Added resolution change
8. Add Autosave
9. Add nipple color change (default is off)
10. Add a unit color type

Interesting. The starting All girls have randomized hair and skin colors now.
I have to note that performance is horrible this patch, though I suspect it'll run fine for Windows users.

After playing some, I think this patch is very buggy. All my goblins are coming out red, and darker-skinned womens' bellies are still light. I'm happy to see blonde women, though.

Last edited:

flannan

Dec 15, 2022

1. Modify the problem in which the image is broken (related to the OS region setting)
I am a little worried that the problem is modified, not fixed. Which locale do we need this time?

Apr 8, 2019
That's exactly why I reduced shortstack's cost to 3, it's now possible to run 2 of them + 4 melee goblins. I'm feeling like she could do with something else to make her different from generic archers. I remember her old design when she was a heroine had a bomb-toting engineer variant. Maybe that'd be an interesting sub-class idea or special attack.

We also could do with a heavier melee unit for next content update. Orc time?

Well, there go our healers. Too bad, I liked the idea of turning our slaves on enemies and I hope they reconsider taking that away. Maybe that's how corruption could return, giving us evil versions of the enemies with different characteristics.

Also, what exactly did they fix with the shortstack?

pirollo

May 2, 2017

2. Fixed the problem that the player character disappeared
6. Fix list UI
7. Added resolution change
8. Add Autosave
9. Add nipple color change (default is off)
10. Add a unit color type

Interesting. The starting All girls have randomized hair and skin colors now.
I have to note that performance is horrible this patch, though I suspect it'll run fine for Windows users.

After playing some, I think this patch is very buggy. All my goblins are coming out red, and darker-skinned womens' bellies are still light. I'm happy to see blonde women, though.
Dammit....
I've just found to defend with slaves.. sad story!

Mar 31, 2020
My thoughts so far..

1. This game is tricky, albeit somewhat difficult at the start, but I found myself cheesing it from like day 15 onward by loading platoons with all the trash goblins, while the best continued mating.

2. Shortstacks got me acting up, and devs are based with the heavy focus on impregnation and cumflation going on in this game.

3. Game can soft lock very easily when using slaves as fighters. SAVE OFTEN.

That said, for all basic as the game is right now, I do find it enjoyable to mess around with. If save transferring between updates is safe, then there's nothing stopping me from preparing a full base of T5 goblins and women until then. This game has a lot of potential.
how do you use slaves as fighters? I could never go past day 10

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes