flannan

Dec 15, 2022
is there a way to get rid of units beyond tossing them on the front lines to die? My attempt at a goblin eugenics project is getting mired down with the chaff.
You can preview a baby's stats while they're growing. If you don't place a baby in a nursery, they'll disappear.
That's all I know.

Reactions: OdinM

AutoBio

Jan 16, 2018
Did anyone try to write custom scripts for the game yet? (Data/StreamingAssets/script folder)
Editing .character files is fun though.

RovingFox

Sep 10, 2023
ive gotten to over 60 with archers and healer. 4 gobbo archers, 1 human archer and one human healer. healer can slow down enemies i think or just lock them in place for a few seconds.
My god, it became so simple once I started to use healers..... I bearly reached wave 35 with probably 20 breeding rooms. With healers i dropped to 6.

Apr 8, 2019
What I'm hoping on is that they expand on the breeding traits like the older title had.

I think it'd be pretty interesting if you could have the PC pick 1-2 positive traits and gain access to more if you take negative traits too. Starting points added to by taking negative traits, sorta like how Project Zomboid does it.

Last edited:
Reactions: flannan

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
What I'm hoping on is that they expand on the breeding traits like the older title had.

I think it'd be pretty interesting if you could have the PC pick 1-2 positive traits and gain access to more if you take negative traits too. Starting points added to by taking negative traits, sorta like how Project Zomboid does it.
I think the problem with that is that as mentioned, the human dude is already pretty OP because he can breed with the boosted female goblins to make human women with crazy high bonuses. The human dude + female goblin with high stats pipeline already allows you to bypass huge steps in breeding more powerful gobs. If anything, that method might need a nerf or it kinda makes catching stronger human women pointless when you can just breed them to absurd stats so quickly.

Even just doubling or tripling the female human girls' bonus stats makes creating an army of godlike goblins pretty easy. I like that it's an option, but it will be super OP when bonuses actually matter lol. It also allows you to breed out negative traits pretty easily from your humans.

Last edited:

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
One of the last things I expected to see on F95 is a thread turning into a mathematic and eugenics project

Oh boi what do we have here
Breeding games are naturally prone to eugenics. Or you could say eugenics is the whole point, because eugenics is animal breeding techniques applied to humans.
Mathematics... everything that has numbers can have math applied to it. Some games are hard enough that people actually do it. And some players are hardcore enough (or love math enough) to do it even if the game isn't hard.

Reactions: FlamerionFF
Apr 8, 2019
I think the problem with that is that as mentioned, the human dude is already pretty OP because he can breed with the boosted female goblins to make human women with crazy high bonuses. The human dude + female goblin with high stats pipeline already allows you to bypass huge steps in breeding more powerful gobs. If anything, that method might need a nerf or it kinda makes catching stronger human women pointless when you can just breed them to absurd stats so quickly.
Sounds like a good reason for the devs to boost the hell out of hard mode, when they add hardmode that is.

Either way I don't think they should nerf that element, there's still RNG mixed in with what goblins you end up with so some bad luck could fuck you over. They just need stronger enemy scaling + tougher enemy archetypes in higher difficulties, which they are likely to add a hard mode but maybe not go so hard in the difficulty front. If it's something you'd want to see it might be worth suggesting that to the devs.

Unrelated to this reply, I'm playing shortstacks at 3 population instead of 4. Feels slightly more in line with the game's balancing and now they have a case against archers, but yeah I still see superior breeding just letting you spam more god goblins... godblins to beat waves. Maybe 2 population makes more sense when they still have the rarity plus all that utility as milkers and the only form PC breeders.

Imitater

Aug 2, 2022
v0.3 Review
-Shortstacks got me acting unwise
-Why can't they breed goblins and shortstacks? Because there is no animation, yet...
-Priestess model hasn't appeared in my game. Maybe if I waited for several more days it will appear.
-Too many babies, slaves and monsters flowing in my inventory. They should bring back the market and pixie system.
-I guess they're still figuring out the UI in the main menu. Give it some time.

5/5 No drama

You can't rush a good game such as this

RovingFox

Sep 10, 2023
Sounds like a good reason for the devs to boost the hell out of hard mode, when they add hardmode that is.

Either way I don't think they should nerf that element, there's still RNG mixed in with what goblins you end up with so some bad luck could fuck you over. They just need stronger enemy scaling + tougher enemy archetypes in higher difficulties, which they are likely to add a hard mode but maybe not go so hard in the difficulty front. If it's something you'd want to see it might be worth suggesting that to the devs.

Unrelated to this reply, I'm playing shortstacks at 3 population instead of 4. Feels slightly more in line with the game's balancing and now they have a case against archers, but yeah I still see superior breeding just letting you spam more god goblins... godblins to beat waves. Maybe 2 population makes more sense when they still have the rarity plus all that utility as milkers and the only form PC breeders.
The trick is to focus on only one stat. I choose health, in 20 waves I had 1.5k bonus hp.

DanKurotoShin

Sep 3, 2017
Anyone has like general tips on what to do for this game? Been trying to breed more with positive traits but couldn't get enough fighters from wave 6 onwards...

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Anyone has like general tips on what to do for this game? Been trying to breed more with positive traits but couldn't get enough fighters from wave 6 onwards...
Okay, first, selective breeding doesn't work. Most likely, because it wasn't completely implemented, and we'll see it work in later versions.
Second, put a mix of different kind of defenders. People in this thread don't agree about what is the right mixture, which probably means the game is reasonably well-balanced.
Third, it's a good idea to expand production of your goblins. At least to the level of getting an entire new team of defenders every day. You can, and should, replace killed goblins right in the middle of battle.
Fourth, you can have a single goblin impregnate 3-4 women, but you would be too busy with other things to do it regularly. So give every woman a dedicated goblin to impregnate her. And have dedicated women nurses too. Or maybe shortstack nurses, since they don't seem to be very good in battle. It's all about minimizing the need for your attention, because a lot of things need it.
Fifth, if you don't have enough women, you can have MC breed one of the ones you have. Shortstacks also often give birth to women if bred by MC.

4.60 star(s) 14 Votes