KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Used powershell to condense all the lines to one, so if the translation programs need a file that has the edits on one line you should be able to use this.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Whatever the one in the OP is, its the one Blackjack was working on originally and where he gave me the the translation file.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Whatever the one in the OP is, its the one Blackjack was working on originally and where he gave me the the translation file.
Not sure about others but I am still encountering the same issues. One other thing i noticed between your file and other auto translated files is that there are no spaces outside of text within quotation marks in the auto translated files for translator++. Your file has spacing between brackets and other elements. Again not sure if it matters but it is the only thing I can think of that is causing the issues.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Not sure about others but I am still encountering the same issues. One other thing i noticed between your file and other auto translated files is that there are no spaces outside of text within quotation marks in the auto translated files for translator++. Your file has spacing between brackets and other elements. Again not sure if it matters but it is the only thing I can think of that is causing the issues.
Could be the format I did to make it easier to read. Never used these before so didn't know you can't have spacing in them. I'll see if I can condense the format again.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Could be the format I did to make it easier to read. Never used these before so didn't know you can't have spacing in them. I'll see if I can condense the format again.
Any luck on your end? I tried with notepad++ and was able to remove all spacing to include those inside dialog quotes. Hopefully if this works it will allow your edits to be loaded.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Follow-up tried to load the one line file with all spaces removed, no luck but it did drop the size from 7MB to 3MB. Did also notice that the references using Japanese characters in your file use weird characters instead (CSS_IMAGE:戦闘立ち絵表情睨み from a quick machine translation I did and your file has CSS_IMAGE:戦闘立ã¡çµµè¡¨æƒE¨ã¿). Imagine there are some corrupted lines causing Translator++ to freeze up. Can you provide the original file used? I would like to look at it.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Follow-up tried to load the one line file with all spaces removed, no luck but it did drop the size from 7MB to 3MB. Did also notice that the references using Japanese characters in your file use weird characters instead (CSS_IMAGE:戦闘立ち絵表情睨み from a quick machine translation I did and your file has CSS_IMAGE:戦闘立ã¡çµµè¡¨æƒE¨ã¿). Imagine there are some corrupted lines causing Translator++ to freeze up. Can you provide the original file used? I would like to look at it.
Haven't gotten back to it yet, I used powershell to clean up the lines somewhat but it still leaves a couple of spaces or tabs in there, even though they should be removed. Though taking a deeper look into the file I noticed it changed the type into those weird characters. Tried using the json formatter to compact the lines but it chokes on something in the middle of the file, or it could be the length. I'll see if I can come up with something,

Original file is on the thread I ended up putting it into a json beautifier so I could make sense of the lines while editing the text.

Last edited:

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
I ended up putting it into a json beautifier so I could make sense of the lines while editing the text
The problem is not in lines or spaces - as long as json is valid it should be able to read.
There is one newline error on the line 94542 - "\" instead of "\n", which makes json invalid - found by validating in JSONLint.
Adding "n" after backslash fixes this - i was able to open corrected file in translator++.

tt01.png

View attachment translation-edit-corrected.zip

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
The problem is not in lines or spaces - as long as json is valid it should be able to read.
There is one newline error on the line 94542 - "\" instead of "\n", which makes json invalid - found by validating in JSONLint.
Adding "n" after backslash fixes this - i was able to open corrected file in translator++.

View attachment 719096

View attachment 719114
Still learning / playing around with translator++, how did you find this one error?

Also for anyone interested the attached zip has the new data files if you want to use this translation. Just override the data folder of the game.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017

View attachment 719096

View attachment 719114
Ah didn't notice that, I'll make that change locally so its there. Probably from when I went back and edited somehow backed over it.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Will shift my efforts to 1.08 then, thanks for the heads up.

In my attempts to get better with translator++ I using this as a test bed to learn from. While trying to incorporate word wrapping I am encountering the term Olitic used throughout. Is there a better translation for this (i.e. demon, devil, monster) or leave it as is?

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
I am encountering the term Olitic used throughout. Is there a better translation for this (i.e. demon, devil, monster) or leave it as is?
The word is オリクト (Orikuto).
I don't think there's english equivalent for this, it seems it's in-world name for demons.
Manga translations spell it as Orict or Ollict. I would go with the latter probably.

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
Well think I am about to do something stupid since there seems to be no offical or formal translation of this game. I am going to dig through Blackjack and Kings efforts and go off the rails. My intent is to understand each scene from the MTL translations (cross references from other sites) and rework them into something more understandable that flows even if it loses the original intent (guaranteed that we already lost some nuances from the MTL alone.) There might be some creative liberties taken with the script to keep the story consistent but who knows...

If people are interested I will upload my files as I complete each major section. Just don't expect this to be completed in a few days. The developers seemed to have split the story dialog between the map files and the comment events file.

Example of one of my changes is to rename Cloudy (クラウディ) to Claudia. Understood that Cloudy probably is more exact for her personality but for some reason I never cared for that name. If anyone else has any major gripes about names please let me know and I'll see what I can do to incorporate those changes.

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
I personally would prefer not to lose original intent. Of course, translation can't be literal, but rewriting things can be dangerous.
Also, maybe reading manga translations can help a bit with lore understanding.

As for クラウディ name, I believe it should be spelled Clodia. First, it's a Roman origin name, like the heroines. Second, looking up "Clodia Metelli", i can see some relation to the game themes.

Anyway, I'm interested in what you can achieve.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Will shift my efforts to 1.08 then, thanks for the heads up.

In my attempts to get better with translator++ I using this as a test bed to learn from. While trying to incorporate word wrapping I am encountering the term Olitic used throughout. Is there a better translation for this (i.e. demon, devil, monster) or leave it as is?
Olitic was the most common term in the original file, there were two or three other spellings, I generalized on that one and replaced the other usages throughout. It seemed the closest to what was there, and having a name for the enemy fit better with the story. Finally seeing it in game some things still don't look right and there were lines I had thought were cut down that still weren't, thanks for doing that I did want to have a check on the editing to see how it looked. Oh well.

pchmsl

Mar 18, 2018
Keep in mind that there could be word derivatives.
Like Ollict (demon) and Ollictic (demonic).

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes