Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Keep in mind lads, vehicular manslaughter has a statute of limitations of 3 years. She has no power to threaten us for killing her son.
It may be different outside the US, too. But since this wasn't a hit and run, I'd guess judicial aspects have been covered.

But as others have said, it is often helpful for those left behind by a victim to get to know the other side, regardless of whether it was a crime or an accident. And it doesn't have to be for ill feelings (could easily be of course, we'll find out). You'd probably not show up at the door unannounced but the general idea is sound. It also may help the driver.

Friend of mine got killed in a car accident long ago. Her parents and the driver had long sessions of crying together. Helped my friend's parents, and probably the other woman, too. Just eating it up means it'll burst out at the most inconvenient time.

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
It may be different outside the US, too. But since this wasn't a hit and run, I'd guess judicial aspects have been covered.

But as others have said, it is often helpful for those left behind by a victim to get to know the other side, regardless of whether it was a crime or an accident. And it doesn't have to be for ill feelings (could easily be of course, we'll find out). You'd probably not show up at the door unannounced but the general idea is sound. It also may help the driver.
I'm going down the evil domination route so her coming up to my doorstep was the second worst decision she ever made, first being letting her son take the car out that night.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

Friend of mine got killed in a car accident long ago. Her parents and the driver had long sessions of crying together. Helped my friend's parents, and probably the other woman, too. Just eating it up means it'll burst out at the most inconvenient time.
There is actually something more simple in the US court system. It is not up to the family if they are going to press charges, it is up to the district attorney if they are going to file criminal charges. The family actually can be compelled against their will to testify if the DA wishes. As for Civil Charges, depends on each state. However this MC has been awake for a decade and should have gotten all statute of limitations away if he did anything wrong. This might just be a ploy to get some sympathy from him.

Reactions: fried

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
There is actually something more simple in the US court system. It is not up to the family if they are going to press charges, it is up to the district attorney if they are going to file criminal charges. The family actually can be compelled against their will to testify if the DA wishes. As for Civil Charges, depends on each state. However this MC has been awake for a decade and should have gotten all statute of limitations away if he did anything wrong. This might just be a ploy to get some sympathy from him.
Precisely. Everybody knew who was involved in that accident and where he was. There were 10 years of time and nothing was hidden from the public record. No matter which legislation, any court proceedings, criminal or otherwise, by the country/state or by other involved parties, should have happened by now.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
Precisely. Everybody knew who was involved in that accident and where he was. There were 10 years of time and nothing was hidden from the public record. No matter which legislation, any court proceedings, criminal or otherwise, by the country/state or by other involved parties, should have happened by now.
very true. also, as i mentioned in an earlier post, the woman simply doesnt look old enough to have had a (presumably) highschool aged son who was killed (default) 18 years ago. so her story could also be suspect. that being said, i dont see why someone would lie about something like that, especialy when it would be so easily found in records... at this point we are going to have to wait and see, but i am leaning towards the idea she is mc's age (or a year or 2 older) based on her appearance and the crash killed her baby

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
very true. also, as i mentioned in an earlier post, the woman simply doesnt look old enough to have had a (presumably) highschool aged son who was killed (default) 18 years ago. so her story could also be suspect. that being said, i dont see why someone would lie about something like that, especialy when it would be so easily found in records... at this point we are going to have to wait and see, but i am leaning towards the idea she is mc's age (or a year or 2 older) based on her appearance and the crash killed her baby
She just looks young so some people won't have a problem banging her, I'm almost sure of that.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
She just looks young so some people won't have a problem banging her, I'm almost sure of that.
I am with Mr. 1800 here - not necessarily a baby, though could be, but my guess would also be that the son was younger. Depending on how it's written it may also lead to another fap-stopping yet still tissue-requiring part.

Sure looks play a huge part in many milfs over here, so that they tend to be somewhat overgrown teenagers in appearance (with oftentimes ridiculous proportions to show they're "grown"), but so far (admittedly we've seen very little though) she isn't the "milf" type even if the literal interpretation may be correct.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't know if it has been discussed before. My main question regarding the accident is the following.

Did MC have no idea he killed someone? Cause if I was in his position the very first thing I would have asked is what happened and were there other victims? And her phrase was "you killed my son" not "I am the mother of the boy you killed".

Whether he knows or not the situation is totally different. It is not the same to explain to a grieving mother that you knew you killed her son but never tried to do anything than to explain it when you were not aware. Which also leads to the question, if he knew, did he try to do anything about it? did he try to meet them? Why did he not take any action, if he did not, as we don't know what happened in those years he was awake.

And if he did not know, why? he simply did not care? of was the reason the son die not directly generated by the accident but something indirect.

These are all questions that I hope are addressed eventually.

Reactions: TundraLupus

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I don't know if it has been discussed before. My main question regarding the accident is the following.

Did MC have no idea he killed someone? Cause if I was in his position the very first thing I would have asked is what happened and were there other victims? And her phrase was "you killed my son" not "I am the mother of the boy you killed".

Whether he knows or not the situation is totally different. It is not the same to explain to a grieving mother that you knew you killed her son but never tried to do anything than to explain it when you were not aware. Which also leads to the question, if he knew, did he try to do anything about it? did he try to meet them? Why did he not take any action, if he did not, as we don't know what happened in those years he was awake.

And if he did not know, why? he simply did not care? of was the reason the son die not directly generated by the accident but something indirect.

It's pretty clear he had absolutely no idea he harmed anyone. That's kinda what amnesia is.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It's pretty clear he had absolutely no idea he harmed anyone. That's kinda what amnesia is.
Wait. Even if he has amnesia, couldn't he have asked what happened? or is he also forgetting things he have learned since the accident too? cause that is a different and more dangerous condition, to keep forgetting new things too.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

He knows.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Wait. Even if he has amnesia, couldn't he have asked what happened? or is he also forgetting things he have learned since the accident too? cause that is a different and more dangerous condition, to keep forgetting new things too.
He could if it was top of mind.
As you could tell from the story that was not top of mind. He had 4 other pressing issues to deal with. 1 of which is the news that someone he loved is in a very bad way and the other being the 3 new additions in his life.

Now sure you could say, but he spent X years recovering before that. Emphasis on recovering. Becoming a functional human being after being a vegetable is not easy and in almost all cases regarding rehab you don't want to over stress the individual by dredging up the past. Instead you focus on making them functional first then you can deal with filling in the gaps and mental stability.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Ahh well if it is spoilers I won't read it. But it makes sense for me that he would know.

Thank you!!
SirD explained much in their spoiler, but it's safe to read mine. It is after all an observation of the first psyche choice. So knowing this already, you may very well now wonder the same thing I did on replaying that specific scene. :)

Reactions: Ayhsel

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
You gotta love the cliffhangers. You guys crack me up. The mother of the other kid that was killed just showed up on the doorstep and you are doing way too much speculating on the wherefore and the whichness of why on something that hasn't even come up in the game yet. Keep going, it make for interesting reading.

In the meantime, I am going to wait (patiently) for the update to come out so I can see what is going to happen.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
You gotta love the cliffhangers. You guys crack me up. The mother of the other kid that was killed just showed up on the doorstep and you are doing way too much speculating on the wherefore and the whichness of why on something that hasn't even come up in the game yet. Keep going, it make for interesting reading.

In the meantime, I am going to wait (patiently) for the update to come out so I can see what is going to happen.
But it has come up. Albeit a bit veiled.

I do find speculations on backstories and motives very interesting. I'd rather see an intricate wall of text full of cross-references going all Fox Mulder on some tiny details than anyone telling us what they're planning or rather would like to have the MC do. While the former can make the poster look like a total lunatic, it is, quite contrary to the latter, rarely a boring read.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
But it has come up. Albeit a bit veiled.

I do find speculations on backstories and motives very interesting. I'd rather see an intricate wall of text full of cross-references going all Fox Mulder on some tiny details than anyone telling us what they're planning or rather would like to have the MC do. While the former can make the poster look like a total lunatic, it is, quite contrary to the latter, rarely a boring read.
Yes it has come up, but that's part of the speculation, not the game. It was not officially released.
It ended right there on that cliffhanger: (10 years later) You killed my son. That's where the game left off.​

So in my opinion, anything except the update is speculation, gossip, whatever you call it. And it is fun to watch.

Reactions: TundraLupus

danomator

Jan 21, 2020
is there any news on an update? i really loved the first release and story of this game but it feels like forever since it released and tbh this is one of the most anticipated games on my watchlist lol.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Actually, so far nobody has shared any thoughts about update times and development schedules and nobody in the forums speculated about it.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes