Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Just look at other games that launched around the same time. I can think of one that's in my sig, with one person working on it, incredible graphics and presentation, currently four updates in.

This team hasn't squeezed out one update yet.

They can make all the excuses they want but when one guy can do 3 updates in 6 months and two guys can't even get out one, it's clear that they aren't working very hard.
I LOVE Leap of Faith but saying that Leap of Faith's graphics are on par with Radiant's is a bit of a stretch.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Just finding out about this, has some real potential, emotionally, erotically and visually. Then again I'm a big softy and even a game like this can get me sad as hell lol
I know right I wish we could have seen her one last time... before she passed away, but hopefully the MC daughters will give us a flashback of her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sev162

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
on their Discord, he just edited his response:

Today at 11:28 AM

We are in the last hurdle so to speak
well into it
It's hard to give exact days because there's two of us working on different things, but if I had to guess, I'd say (edited)
Eh, probably better if I don't guess lol. I really want to say when, but just to be safe I'll hold off for another 1-2 days

some takeaways:
> They are spending the free time not working on Radiant on their other projects
> They won't have a definitive release date until Tuesday at the latest, but that could be contingent on any number of factors
> That's not encouraging if they are supposed to be partners on a potentially lucrative project and you have a "right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing" so early in the process.
> I fear for the longevity of this project if they need 6+ months between content updates; especially as they already have 3 potential pathways for the MC to take right from the get go. it'll only get more complex from here on out.

Halfbreed

Jul 7, 2017
> I fear for the longevity of this project if they need 6+ months between content updates; especially as they already have 3 potential pathways for the MC to take right from the get go. it'll only get more complex from here on out.
My guess is it'll be like a Mass Effect thing where the paths all end up in the same place, but you get to see one of three scenes depending on your choice. Very little affected story wise.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I know right I we could have seen her one last time... before she passed away, but hopefully the MC daughters will give us a flashback of her.
We will revisit Gracie multiple times throughout the game in the player's dreams. I understand this is of course not the same/not ideal, but I do think it's better than nothing. :p

Reactions: Johnny Bravo.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Basically its why I am so afraid this project wont work in the current situation and will fail in the long run. We're in the first straws without much branching paths, so what will happen they reach the point where they want to branch out? Its clearly their aim, but we're basically in a prologue and it took this long and this amount of problems just to get a 0.2 version out, and its not even out yet. Even if I believe things will be different after this one is out, things will only get more complicated to do and they arent exactly inspiring confidence, which makes me sad because they were pretty competent devs on previous projects.

My guess is it'll be like a Mass Effect thing where the paths all end up in the same place, but you get to see one of three scenes depending on your choice. Very little affected story wise.
Different endings aren't so hard to do if there's a proper plan defined previously, I dont expect them to go Quantic Dream on this of course, and have like a total of dif 20 endings. The problem here is, we can't even talk about endings when a 2nd episode isn't even out yet.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
No one is saying it's not taking ages. I'm asking if there is any substantial information that paints what the devs are saying as just a bunch of excuses or if they're legitimate problems?
Where would we get this information? How would we verify whether what they told us was legitimate or not? The only people who know are the Devs, so it's up to you to decide if they are being honest or not. Personally, I don't feel that they are lying but others believe that they have to be lying.

TO ME the pressure of following up such a run away success of a first release would be tough, especially if the story wasn't written out. I leave it the Patreon patrons to decide if they are happy with the delay and subsequent releases. I'll patiently wait for whatever happens to happen.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Hi, everyone having a nice weekend?
Well I'm doing fine I guess, trying not to feel all the pressure at this point...
But lets see, now about the "questions" not that there are really any.

No actual proof other than their word. Devs all of a sudden having "real life issues and health reasons" right after "quitting" their job, if you're not putting anytime in creating game content, halt the patreons payments, but they did none of that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well I'm not really administrating the social part of RavenKnight, such as announcements or information, specially through patreon.
I'm kinda just making the artistic work, but... whoever follows me on my own patreon and/or discord. Knows that I worked on 7 different games for a year. In wich I posted a announcement about it that I quit working on 3 of them wich I was doing animations for. I also stoped working directly on one of my older games, instead now managing two staff members that work on it.
Of course that still leaves me with a lot of work on 3 other games, Neko Paradise, Radiant and Tales from the Unending Void.
If you want more detailed info about it, you can search my patreon posts, it's a public post after all.

Just look at other games that launched around the same time. I can think of one that's in my sig, with one person working on it, incredible graphics and presentation, currently four updates in.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah that's true, one developer can make 3 updates in 6 months, imagine me giving out 3 updates in 2 months sometimes.
Now of course imagine getting sick and you have problems working for a month or so on games, that's a lot of games that get a delay. But yeah I understand, Radiant is entering the 6 months stage right now for the updade.
The other games I work on had 3 updates during these 6 months after the Radiant release, but it's probably not worth pointing out anyway, maybe I'm not working and just milking who knows.

Though still, when the update releases people here will get their pants wet and will be carving for more like their starving... that's the only true fact.
And I mean that in a good way, cause I'm proud of my work.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Thought i'd chime in since, the page count is in my sig anyway.

Pretty much all you can do is pull your patreon. If they threaten to slow down releases, they were always going to do that anyway. Pretty much anyone who pulls this shit refuses to stop manipulating you once they start. Its a personality defect. Frankly i think its pretty scummy to try to claim you can make two games at once. Unless you figure out a way to double your output, you've just cut in half your content delivery on each while doubling your income.

But maybe i'm misreading the situation and they can deliver outside of this one instance. And we are all in kind of hard times these days.

Either way, if you are unhappy, pull your funds and move on, don't fall for sunk cost.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
My 2 cents.
I will give the devs the benefit of the doubt.
Collaborators can be more difficult than working solo. Yes, there are more people to share the work but work dynamics come I to play. More ideas, different ideas, different priorities, different work flows.
Everything has the mesh and if it's the first time doing it, there will be issues.

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.30 star(s) 272 Votes