thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
So the whole project is dead now? almost 6 months and nothing?
Not how this works, last update on ther patreon was on 25 sep
So no 3 months without a update, so not dead.

First of all, if you've reached out to me/DM'd me and I haven't gotten back to you yet, I apologize as Alorth and I have been very busy getting things geared up for launch/applying our finishing touches. If this post doesn't address your question or concern, I will still reply to you ASAP. Now, onto the point of the post:

I've recently updated the progress tracker to from 90% to 95%, but we're actually closer to about 97/98% done. When I was designing the progress bar, I got kinda lazy and just jumped from 95% to 100%, so there is no 96, 97, 98, or 99, lol.

Anyway, we apologize for not being able to get this thing out earlier in the month! But we're both giving this 100% of our combined efforts and want it to be the best follow up to the amazing first chapter that is possible. We really appreciate you guys for your patience/support, and are confident that you'll feel it was worth the wait.

Love ya guys.

Edit: Since I'm here, quick Q&A.

Q: What's taking so long? Are you guys slacking, you little bitch?
A:
No, we promise we're not slacking (but understand your desire to address us with profanity and slurs). We are working our fingers/eyes/ears off every single day, and have been since the start. The result of our efforts will be worthwhile, and we think once the updates out there, the "anticipation anxiety" will wane.

Q: Does this mean we'll have to wait another month for the update?
A:
Nope! That's extremely unlikely. One of us would have to get hit by a bus or something for it to take that long. We're really close to being done, and will soon send out an "early" build to testers so we can speed through that stage/get this things in the hand of all of our patrons.

Q: Will I get to see Olivia or Maddie naked this chapter?
A:
I think you should wait and see for yourself. We don't want to rush the process of lewding the girls too much, as Radiant's story is a long one with many chapters, but that doesn't mean we don't like to tease you, either.

Q: What if I can't afford to support you again in October?
A:
I have a personal policy that even 1 month of support deserves the newest chapter of the game... so if you or any of your friends supported us after playing chapter one, but had to end your support for any reason, at any time from then til now, simply reach out to myself or Alorth and we'll give you the official download.

Q: Got any suggestions for what I should do in the meantime?
A:
After Chapter 1 of Radiant dropped, Alorth and I both put out major updates of our own respective/solo-developed games... so if you haven't yet, check out Neko Paradise or Polarity. For most Radiant fans, those games provide a good amount of temporary relief to aid in the withdrawls after finishing Radiant. Some other great games I can personally think of to recommend: Leap of Faith, Once in a Lifetime, Avalon, Midlife Crisis, My New Family, Light of my Life... just to name a few.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
It's not "rocket science" but time consuming, you got it. And that's the thing... time :).
Setbacks, unforeseen situations, all those contribute to delay things, and let's be honest, some projects are not just pictures and text, even though the basis may seem so, but there are so many other aspects to cover.
What I get from this is that it seems the main reason for the 6+ month update is poor (time) management. There are multiple layer of issues that we get so far for this game:
1. The fact that we're still in the very first update of the game.
2. If 6 months is an anomaly, what is the initial planned time and how do the devs plan to achieve that in timely manner for the future updates?
3. The lack of transparent consistent communication.

At the moment, the devs are basically playing with house money because of their successful first release. Otherwise, a game with the same 3 red flags would've been dropped much quicker by more patrons.

HalloCharlie

Mar 27, 2018
What I get from this is that it seems the main reason for the 6+ month update is poor (time) management. There are multiple layer of issues that we get so far for this game:
1. The fact that we're still in the very first update of the game.
2. If 6 months is an anomaly, what is the initial planned time and how do the devs plan to achieve that in timely manner for the future updates?
Issues 1 and 2 are what are preventing me from actually understanding their position as developers. We all know people here get impatient extremely fast, and sometimes it gets ridiculous because of it. Developing a game is hard, and it takes a lot of time to do everything, especially if they have other jobs or things to take care in life, so it's understandable.
But even if the next update is as great as it is expected to be, how much can you demand from them in order to satisfy the 6 month (or even more) waiting time, specially for those who fund the project on Patreon. At some point people will always be unhappy because new updates will never live up to the hype.
Are we gonna have to wait half a year aprox. for each new update? These are all questions that will always resurface if things keep going as they are lately. Take Summertime Saga as an example. Game gets 2 to 3 updates (??) each year and if you visit SS thread, you will always see a lot of fuss about how long is it gonna take and the direction of the game, since it takes a long time to release new content.

Ricardo Sousa

Feb 17, 2018
I'm not saying it's super easy and straight forward or not time consuming. I just compared that 2 people working on the project shouldn't be a problem. Compared to those AAA games with hundreds of involved people. And theese kind of games are way way way way less complex than other games. And VN is the simplest of them all compared to let's say a sandbox.
I have to agree on that, based on what you said.
"Highlife" first release exceeded expectations and then... Still trying to figure out if some projects are really meant to go all the way or not.

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
So my first Rating was very high, game was really good models everything, big hopes for this game, but now its 6 months without updates. For someone with 864 patrons and $5,698 per month that's at least ridiculous. Theres not even a thing someone can say to change the fact that theres atleast 10-20 other games that are at least good or even the same quality and have half or less patrons and still pushing updates every month to three months. Its a real shame.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
So my first Rating was very high, game was really good models everything, big hopes for this game, but now its 6 months without updates. For someone with 864 patrons and $5,698 per month that's at least ridiculous. Theres not even a thing someone can say to change the fact that theres atleast 10-20 other games that are at least good or even the same quality and have half or less patrons and still pushing updates every month to three months. Its a real shame.
They are making other games too.Each one have at least one more game to work on.

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
They are making other games too.Each one have at least one more game to work on.
Reallllllly? Any titles maybe?
I don't understand why so much hate towards this game. It is so well made so ofcourse continuing the story takes a lot of time.
If its about my comment, there is no hate at all, game is superb, i only have problem with people who are taking money under the pretense of making game still.
They have other games? I dont see note on front page saying: "we have other games so updates will be as rare as sightings of ufo above your house",unless maybe im blind.
Im only stating that its slightly ridiculous.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Reallllllly? Any titles maybe?

If its about my comment, there is no hate at all, game is superb, i only have problem with people who are taking money under the pretense of making game still.
They have other games? I dont see note on front page saying: "we have other games so updates will be as rare as sightings of ufo above your house",unless maybe im blind.
Im only stating that its slightly ridiculous.
Not exactly, as RK Studios is a collaboration of Sir Dammed and Alorth. Their respective solo projects being Polarity and Neko Paradise. The spoiler in the overview section of the OP details their different roles on this project:
Writing, coding, & game design by Sir Dammed. Artwork, graphics, & animations by Alorth.
[…]
Well I'm not really administrating the social part of RavenKnight, such as announcements or information, specially through patreon.
I'm kinda just making the artistic work, but... whoever follows me on my own patreon and/or discord. Knows that I worked on 7 different games for a year. In wich I posted a announcement about it that I quit working on 3 of them wich I was doing animations for. I also stoped working directly on one of my older games, instead now managing two staff members that work on it.
Of course that still leaves me with a lot of work on 3 other games, Neko Paradise, Radiant and Tales from the Unending Void.
If you want more detailed info about it, you can search my patreon posts, it's a public post after all.
[…]

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Neko Paradise and Polarity are their respective games. I believe Alorth also does the animations for a couple of other VN's too.

Damn your quick :p
Didn't he stop, I think he just does this, Neko and Void something I think.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes