virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
Serious question. Why?

The people that support him seem to do so unconditionally. At this point, what would the abandoned tag even matter?
Yes, the supporters are generally unaffected by whatever is done or said on F95Zone.
But NOT all of them. If a supporter should somehow find this site, totally unhelped by Discord ofc, and see the terrible Abandoned tag on a game he/she/it presently supports...
In some cases, that may be enough to temporarily stop sleepwalking. Subscriptions to that game would be in danger of collapsing, or at least reducing. New supporters, especially from those are current supporters of other games, would "probably" decrease.
Without new supporters to replace "I'm out, gone!" old supporters, profitability would decrease. What Dev could/would ever want that?

I would rather stick an "On Hold" tag on any game that did not update within 3 months of the last drop. No excuses allowed.
If a Dev "generously" places the project on paused subscriptions, keep the OH tag 1 year until declaring an Abandonment.
If a Dev refuses to pause subs (that's the REAL entitlement, people!), declare Abandonment 3 months later.

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
Yes, the supporters are generally unaffected by whatever is done or said on F95Zone.
But NOT all of them. If a supporter should somehow find this site, totally unhelped by Discord ofc, and see the terrible Abandoned tag on a game he/she/it presently supports...
In some cases, that may be enough to temporarily stop sleepwalking. Subscriptions to that game would be in danger of collapsing, or at least reducing. New supporters, especially from those are current supporters of other games, would "probably" decrease.
Without new supporters to replace "I'm out, gone!" old supporters, profitability would decrease. What Dev could/would ever want that?

I would rather stick an "On Hold" tag on any game that did not update within 3 months of the last drop. No excuses allowed.
If a Dev "generously" places the project on paused subscriptions, keep the OH tag 1 year until declaring an Abandonment.
If a Dev refuses to pause subs (that's the REAL entitlement, people!), declare Abandonment 3 months later.
yeah we dont need more people becoming bananas feeding on this ape developer
and a TAG or a warning that this developer is a piece of ...... , who no care for his game , who no care for his followers .

Want a better game with better developers , GO support twisted Memories, Reclaiming the lost, lost at birth ,shattered minds , etc etc.

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
yeah we dont need more people becoming bananas feeding on this ape developer
and a TAG or a warning that this developer is a piece of ...... , who no care for his game , who no care for his followers .

Want a better game with better developers , GO support twisted Memories, Reclaiming the lost, lost at birth ,shattered minds , etc etc.
Unfortunately, supporting ANY Dev under a recurring subscription model is a recipe for evermore scams.
When I became a member at F95Zone, most games updated monthly. That was completely in sync with a monthly subscription.
Sure, games have much more "add-ons" these days such as mood music, semi-elaborate animattions, and voice-acting. So then, stretch the time-frame to quarterly (every 3 months) rather than monthly for a fresh update. Smaller updates? Beats the hell out of no updates.
IRL excuses are just too easy for Devs to make up. If they are late delivering an update, pause sub payments to help establish credibility. SirD still has not paused subs for his other game, Polarity, which is long dead.
I can't see the no-fault recurring system lasting much longer. Not enough replacement supporters to offset the disillusioned ones.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Sure, games have much more "add-ons" these days such as mood music, semi-elaborate animattions, and voice-acting.
Voice acting, no. Very few games have VA and it's mostly AI.

this one update per year is becoming a trend with other AVNs as well. i just cant understand why people would still support this games with the lack transparency.
There is big difference for 1 year update between Radiant and BADIK for instance. DPC is a real pro and is very transparent with a weekly report, and the updates have several thousand renders and dozens of animations

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Helping the hotties have voice acting.
In almost every game I've played that has had voice acting, the result has been terrible. The one exception is "Projekt: Passion". The voice acting in that is brilliant and really adds to the game.

I can't imagine adding voice acting would help Radiant, since the writing has been heading off a cliff in quality since the early releases. Voices added to bad writing is just twice as painful to sit through.

Rune H

Dec 30, 2017
So where is the update. I know it has not been any one in 1 year now. But where is the developer of this game? Sick or dead.

• Haha
Reactions: dav121

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I so much love the Allison Bikini Wallpaper on page 1, which is not in the game files, I guess it's a extra.
I bought the public version on itch, but not so much for the lewd scenes, but for more posters or pinups like this one.

Has anybody more extra wallpapers like this from this game and is willing to share?

Oct 11, 2022
In almost every game I've played that has had voice acting, the result has been terrible. The one exception is "Projekt: Passion". The voice acting in that is brilliant and really adds to the game.

I can't imagine adding voice acting would help Radiant, since the writing has been heading off a cliff in quality since the early releases. Voices added to bad writing is just twice as painful to sit through.
not to mention it would be yet another thing for them to procrastinate on and/or use as an excuse for delays

virtuvoid

Donor
Apr 21, 2017
not to mention it would be yet another thing for them to procrastinate on and/or use as an excuse for delays
Correct.
But you could also say the same thing about monthly wallpapers, mood music, and Discord.
The entire rationale behind all this non-canon stuff IS to procrastinate and delay delivery of the actual game.
Most people, including myself, were against mood music in games when that became standard 5-6
years ago. Just to read SirD gushing over the voice-acting in FF,etc., etc. should alert players that voice-acting will soonish become basic in AVNs as well. Players can like it or not.

Oct 11, 2022
The state of the current market for these types of AVNs is essentially defined by a business model with absurdly misaligned developer incentives. Also, frankly, I don't think there is a single aspect of FF16 that SirD hasn't gushed over at this point...

Apart from the professionalism/work ethic of the game's director, Yoshi-P, the seriousness with which he takes on the responsiblity of stewarding the IP, the respectful way he treats the fans of FF14 and 16, his honesty with the fanbase, and his sincere efforts to do right by them.

I'm actually surprised that more AVN devs haven't just started using AI voice emulation. Although I probably shouldn't be giving them ideas. That being said, good VA can be transformative for some content. As far as SFM/R34 animation I think it's absolutely critical. I think the expense associated with it will prevent it from becoming as unbiquitious as mood music. Best case, I would see it becoming the kind of thing that gets added in retroactively by a dev after the game has already become popular. Overall, I think it will still be something you only see in the most popular/well organized/high prodction value VNs.

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes