5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
is there anyway to get more scenes besides the handjob, titjob and messing with boobs from the male client? Or is it stuck at that for the moment?
You forget footjob.

Sadly, no, theres no any penetrative scenes (not only in brothel, at all; theres also slimes cave scene, but I don’t sure if it counts — animation is kinda strange, if you seen it, you know what I mean).

Cptn. Popcorn

Jun 26, 2017
You forget footjob.
I did not as i turned it off, and feet just don't interest me sooo...

Sadly, no, theres no any penetrative scenes (not only in brothel, at all; theres also slimes cave scene, but I don’t sure if it counts — animation is kinda strange, if you seen it, you know what I mean).
And that sucks as there is art for a blowjob and a double handjob in the brothel, in the art files.

szybki1

Jan 10, 2018
This is one of my favourite game and because of that I would like to see more updates but unfortunately developer is already focus on another games so don't expect updates soon :(

Feb 2, 2018
Well Great.... these Indie games devs are giving others a really bad reputation, because of shit like this... *sighs*
How exactly? Indivi's first game is basically complete in terms of the main game and only a few minor features that add a scene or two are left for implementation. Rainy Skies was just one mistake in his h-game career because he realized that the theme of the game is not his thing. Now he's working Lust Brave, which is chugging on quite nicely with better mechanics and active feedback. Developers are allowed to experiment to see what they like and what they don't, and a single mistake doesn't suddenly make them complete shit.

ilovenudemods

Came for the tits, stayed for the story.
Donor
Apr 10, 2018
How exactly? Indivi's first game is basically complete in terms of the main game and only a few minor features that add a scene or two are left for implementation. Rainy Skies was just one mistake in his h-game career because he realized that the theme of the game is not his thing. Now he's working Lust Brave, which is chugging on quite nicely with better mechanics and active feedback. Developers are allowed to experiment to see what they like and what they don't, and a single mistake doesn't suddenly make them complete shit.
Disagree. It's these devs who get fairly deep into a project, get all of their support with a project, and then don't see it through that hurt those who do. Aww, you don't like what you're doing? Then you shouldn't have taken money for it. See it through, finish up a project, then go to the next one. It's shit business practice to get to a 0.6.2 release and then bail on it, totally shitty. It's not like it was a 0.0.1 demo that he was just testing the water on, he had a LOT of time to figure out and sculpt the game into something he enjoyed making. I understand when I'm donating to an early access title that I am paying money for unfinished works. However, I'm not funding that dev's lack of dedication to the title they sold to me for that support. It hurts other devs who actually do do what they say they're going to do, stick by their supporters, and finish their projects, whether they lose the passion or whatever the reason his was for not completing his game. It's pathetic and far too common.

If you want to "experiment" to see what you like or don't, do it on your own time. Once you start taking money, you change things and it's no longer all about you, it's about those who are paying you to see something through. It's about respecting those who have funded you based on your what you said you were going to do.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
Funny of what you said, also I agress of what @ilovenudemods said to your reply of my reply... I can make many games comparisons , like, SimBro and Lilith's Throne, yes I'm gonna do it, look at those two game updates history, from all of the way back to today, most or all has been nothing but bugs/glitches fixes, with hardly any actual healthy contents updates, but there are made with a very old very out of dated software programs, that they do contains bugs, glitches and security leaks, and yet they are way to damn fucking stupid to realized that, since like Adobe Flash, just like Java, both has and still causes many computers to gets many problems, also that there are actual sites even tells people to stay away from them both, because of the said security leaks, but these damn newbies games devs don't actually learns from people that they know what they are actually doing, it's why game devs like this one, does actually gives others a real bad reputation to others and to Kickstater & to Patreon as well, it's tainting them to almost the absolute extreme, the problem is that, they don't learns from others mistakes, witch makes it really sad & really God fucking damn pathetic if you ask me...

There's are reasons why I only supports games that are completed and almost all of the bugs & glitches are taken out of the game, since I know it's well worth my hard earned money and of course investment!

UPDATE! :
Oh Look Lilith's Throne just got an "Hot Fixed " update... Just proving my point!

Feb 2, 2018
Disagree. It's these devs who get fairy deep into a project, get all of their support with a project, and then don't see it through that hurt those who do. Aww, you don't like what you're doing? Then you shouldn't have taken money for it. See it through, finish up a project, then go to the next one. It's shit business practice to get to a 0.6.2 release and then bail on it, totally shitty. It's not like it was a 0.0.1 demo that he was just testing the water on, he had a LOT of time to figure out and sculpt the game into something he enjoyed making. I understand when I'm donating to an early access title that I am paying money for unfinished works. However, I'm not funding that dev's lack of dedication to the title they sold to me for that support. It hurts other devs who actually do do what they say they're going to do, stick by their supporters, and finish their projects, whether they lose the passion or whatever the reason his was for not completing his game. It's pathetic and far too common.

If you want to "experiment" to see what you like or don't, do it on your own time. Once you start taking money, you change things and it's no longer all about you, it's about those who are paying you to see something through. It's about respecting those who have funded you based on your what you said you were going to do.
I see where you're coming from, and I guess I can agree with that. My sense of time in terms of the development of Rainy Skies was off, since I've been following his tumblr page for so long. It felt like Rainy Skies had only been out for 2 or 3 months, but looking back at his dev page, it's been almost half an year. It is a bit unfair to put Rainy Skies on hold, especially for people who started supporting him during that half-year period.

I do have some justification though. I lurk in Indivi's discord channel, and near the time when he decided to put Rainy Skies on hold, there were quite a few criticisms on his recent updates. People didn't like how the story's progression mechanic worked, there were a lot of disagreements on UI and text formatting, new characters weren't as appealing, and so on. I feel there weren't too many options Indivi could have gone for in that situation. He could backtrack on his updates, but that would go against the people who did like the new content and would also set him back by several months. He could try to fix the new stuff: this could possibly be successful, but quite a few problems were from core mechanics that he had already planned out and partially implemented which would be pretty hard to redo. He could keep chugging on as he did, and continue to face the problems that lead to this need for a solution. Putting Rainy Skies on hold wasn't exactly the most ideal solution, but it was required to continue being productive, especially considering his gradual loss of interest in the project.

As much as putting Rainy Skies on hold was a shortcoming in his dedication and loyalty to his supporters, I feel that it was more of a shortcoming in his ability as well as an unfortunate long-term choice, and doesn't warrant such aggressive attacks on his character and personality.

On a side note @DLSmaster , the way you speak really makes it hard to get your point across properly. All the bolding an underlining don't really do much to put emphasis, but rather are distracting and make you sound condescending.

Reactions: MostlyHereForYuri
Feb 2, 2018
Good news: Indivi has started working on Rainy Skies again. He's rebuilding it from the ground up to fix some of the fundamental problems that existed with engine, and it seems like he's using Lust Doll as the base by the looks of it. You can check it out on his tumblr page:

I think the [Onhold] tag can come off.

Reactions: UncleVT

byran47

Jun 8, 2017
Is the double blowjob scene (MMF) unused or something? I can see it in the images folder but I can't find it in game.

Indivi

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Hey all, it's me, I'm here now. I only briefly glanced over what was discussed (a lot of it was posted months back, so maybe the original posters have even moved on?) I'll try to go over my thought process for why things went the way they did. Warning: it's long.

---

Why was the original Rainy Skies (and later Lust Brave) cancelled? It was because of over ambition and trying to do something that I really just can't.

Firstly, the original Rainy Skies was envisioned as a corruption game, where the main character Mable, who starts off as innocent and pure, has to learn to survive in a cruel and unforgiving world by any means necessary, even if it meant selling herself, or selling out others. It was meant to be a very dark and unsettling game, which would've made for a really cool idea, if I wasn't also writing it for titillation purposes.

Problem 1: it was too rapey

The roadblock I immediately ran into, was having to write sex scenes that were way too serious, way too rapey and just not fun at all. My general philosophy when it comes to sex stuff is that everyone involved should enjoy or want it to some capacity (even if they know it's a bad idea,) and that it should be fun, and even weird and silly at times. Original Rainy Skies had way too many instances where that wasn't the case, and it got to the point where I couldn't stand to write any of the scenes I had to do (Ironically, drawing the CG for them was fine, though CG's themselves presented a problem that I'll get into later.)

Problem 2: it was too complicated

The other major problem was the idea of having numerous methods of completing a mission. In the Nui rescue mission (Mable's pet) at the beginning of the game, I presented the player with several means of getting through it, from buying her back, to fighting the gang that kidnapped her, to sneaking in and stealing her back yourself. Some of these methods would lead to sex scenes, so it should incentivize players to try experimenting in order to find them.

There's a reason why even most AAA title games flop at this. It's ridiculous, the amount of work that needs to be done to make that kind of thing be meaningful. It means that one mission can take three or four times as long to build, and then I'm also running into the risk of having players not actually be interested in doing any experimentation, getting through that mission in one go, and then asking me "hey, where's the rest of the update?"

(Furthermore, the game actually kept track of what method was used to finish missions, which would potentially factor into future missions. Which sounds cool, but was again something that I just don't have in me to maintain for an entire game. At least not at the scale that I was aiming for with Rainy Skies.)

-

Those two factors combined chipped away at my drive and willpower, until finally I accepted that there was no way Rainy Skies was going to come together the way it's suppose to. So I cancelled the game, and in order to minimize the amount of downtime, repurposed the engine with a quick and cheap hud rehaul, and started Lust Brave, a monster girl game that's meant to be way sillier and funny/weird compared to Rainy Skies (and is sort of a spiritual successor to Monster Girl Attack!, my first failed h-game project before Lust Doll.)

At the time, I identified those two issues above as being the main culprits for my failure to make Rainy Skies work out. As it turns out, there was another issue, and without the other two clouding matters, it very quickly came to light.

Problem 3: CG's take too long and are too restricting, plus there's no actual demand for it

So I pride myself as being while not necessarily an amazing artist, still a decently competent one. If I want to draw something for my games, usually I can get it done and have it look feasibly good.

The thing is, there's tons and tons of amazing artists out there that can draw way better and/or way more stylishly than I can. What does my fairly standard, cute art have to offer that hundreds of other artists can't do better?

The answer is context. CG, outside of how good it looks, becomes meaningful from spending time with the characters and developing an emotional attachment to them. Hence why rule 34 is such a huge thing. So theoretically, all I should need to do is just keep it up.

That brings me to the real problem: it takes me around 2-4 days to draw up and colour a CG and all of its variations, obviously dependent on how complicated it is. And then, I also need to write the scene and how to get to it, and implement it all into the game. When it's all said and done, I'm basically looking at roughly one scene per week, maybe two if I push it.

I've been told often by people that they look to my games for the variety in fetishes that they offer. At the current pace Lust Brave was getting scenes added, there was no way I'd be able to do more than 1-3 fetishes per month.

There was another problem too. The scenes I were doing felt really stiff. It's a problem of the medium, where if I want something to happen to a character, I need to draw that. If the current camera angle doesn't allow for what I want to happen, I need to draw an extra CG to show the new angle. Basically, it really encourages the idea of keeping CG changes to a minimum by limiting what happens to a character during a scene, in order to save yourself work (and as I mentioned above, speed was a huge problem, so it's a very tempting incentive.)

Solution one would be to hire someone to do the art for me. For what I would've needed though, there's far too much risk for me to do that (it IS something I want to do eventually: hire others to help me out, but, let's just say doing so opens up a huge can of worms that I don't have the confidence or capacity to handle just yet.)

Solution two would be to dumb down the art so that I can increase my drawing speed and more easily allow for variations. It's not necessarily a bad solution, but it's not exactly ideal either. And it would mean having to go back and redraw everything into a new, more basic style.

In any case, while I was mulling over what to do about this problem, it occurred to me to look at the game and ask myself, 'is this really better than Lust Doll'? What does it really offer, other than being just a fairly generic H game with slightly better polish? Japan churns games like this out all the time. Sure, there's something to be said about a fully Western developed H game, but looking at how Lust Brave would've panned out, it didn't feel innovative or even really all that interesting, compared to the amount of time and work that it would've taken to get it finished. And at this point, there's enough western H game developers working on projects just like it.

-

The unfortunate thing about being an independent game developer (and why so many developers stall out or give up) is that you really do have to be extremely careful about what you work on. A properly done game is an investment counted in months to years, and it's nigh-impossible to foresee what could go wrong with it (I can certainly say that I've never started a project that I expected to fail.) Often times, problems won't become evident until long after you've announced the project to public, and sent out demos everywhere, a.k.a. after people are invested and you've already put in hundreds of hours of work into it.

For a big studio, it's not as big of an issue since they generally have other projects in active development. For an independent developer, you really only have the capacity for one major project at a time, and if you find out along the way that it's not what you should be working on, you'll be in a truly miserable place. Do you keep going with a project that is going to cost you half a year or more and potentially only make a small splash? Do you cancel and risk the ire of your player base in order to get another chance at a project that you 'know' will be worth it? Trust me, having to make that decision sucks major ass, nevermind having to do it twice in a row (and it actually being my second and third time doing so, since I did cancel my first H game too.)

-

So that's more or less what's brought me to this point, and why for a while, I was avoiding H game forums, and even my own discord. I knew I had to cancel them and move on to more promising projects if I'm to make this work, but that doesn't mean I feel any less ashamed of having to do so (watching my livelihood drop each month as more and more people lose faith in me has certainly been a heart wretching experience.)

At least one thing that's keeping me from giving up, is knowing I can turn things around. And that despite the failures, there's an enormous number of you that do still believe in me. I'm taking solace in the fact that very few ever become successful without having failed countless times. And it's still very much my continued dream to work on my own projects for a living. So that's why I'll do my best to learn from my mistakes and not fall into the same traps with my next projects.

TLDR; Don't get into indie game development

(Also, I technically came here to drop off the newly redone version of Rainy Skies, but it feels kind of awkward to do so after all that.

Still, if you're interested! Rainy Skies r1.2b:

(It's really fresh, as I've spent the last two months scrambling to put this together, so there's not a lot of content yet. But so far it feels like it's working much better than my last two games did. As mentioned, it's based off Lust Doll's engine, though with tons of improvements and modifications to make it its own game.)

-----------

Is the double blowjob scene (MMF) unused or something? I can see it in the images folder but I can't find it in game.
I'm not sure which one this is, but if you can see it in the images folder, then it should be accessible ingame somewhere.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Since this game is remade, is there anything to do other than spank the bandit and work at the brothel?
Also does anyone have the latest version before it was remade? I'm a bit interested in that "girl in a pod" scene.

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
Since this game is remade, is there anything to do other than spank the bandit and work at the brothel?
Also does anyone have the latest version before it was remade? I'm a bit interested in that "girl in a pod" scene.
If you mean pre-remake builds, then I actually save ALL versions, bar minor patch-fixes (do not ask why, I don’t know myself), for all three games (for LD since 10.1 build; this is when I found this game). I can share them, if required. Theres 0.6.2 build. I forgot do erase my saves, but you can either do it yourself, or use «new game+» option.

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote