VN Ren'Py Abandoned Rand Family Values: Daddy's Home [S1E1 Update1] [Jack Redd Games]

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
For the record, when I think 'Harem' I think "I can romance every girl, with no consequences." But the definition here on f95 is actually [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.] by that definition I guess there is harem.
I think of Harem meaning the same as you. Romancing all the girls with absolutely no consequences, and at times willingly allow the MC to be with other women.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
For the record, when I think 'Harem' I think "I can romance every girl, with no consequences." But the definition here on f95 is actually [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.] by that definition I guess there is harem.
About the harem ending I was thinking more about the same thing that you have exposed and not about the definition of the forum.

So I suppose that if there isn't such kind of ending, it's best to wish you luck and quit the game.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I haven't had a chance to look at this game yet, but with regards to the daughters I'll say this. If you look at my sig, two stories I highly recommend have adopted daughters as the main theme. If it is well written it can be just as hot as taboo blood related incest.

However, if it is written as a 'nudge nudge wink wink please don't fuck me over Patreon' type of way, then its a waste of everyone's time and should come with an IC patch. If adoption isn't integral to this story, then my preference is to just allow the player to set the relations at the start of the story like a lot of other games do.

Oct 26, 2020
I haven't had a chance to look at this game yet, but with regards to the daughters I'll say this. If you look at my sig, two stories I highly recommend have adopted daughters as the main theme. If it is well written it can be just as hot as taboo blood related incest.

However, if it is written as a 'nudge nudge wink wink please don't fuck me over Patreon' type of way, then its a waste of everyone's time and should come with an IC patch. If adoption isn't integral to this story, then my preference is to just allow the player to set the relations at the start of the story like a lot of other games do.
I still don't see how a ic patch can work if the girls not being mc's is the bombshell of the story. What would replace that plot line?

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I still don't see how a ic patch can work if the girls not being mc's is the bombshell of the story. What would replace that plot line?
From what I can gather, the only possibility is if the dev creates two separate stories. One for Patreon and one for everywhere else with the taboo stuff. I've seen other games do it, it's not that hard. You use the same assets and pictures, just change the text.

Yes it is a stupid idea, but the dev has written himself into a corner with this one. So unless he plans to re-write this first release then incest isn't going to make much sense.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
I agree with some of the points you made I'm backing away because this feels like a generic, incest without the actual incest game. Sure I can play games that don't pander to incest games but this is just weird to me. Feels like a major tease one of the girls even look like the main character, and I'm sure there's gonna be Daddy sexplay so I don't get the whole adoption, and non biological father angle.
It has to do with patreon and their rules. If they get the slightest hint that your game has incest in it, that is an instant ban.

So you end up with a lot of games similar to this one and some of the devs or even F95 zone users make incest patches for those games. Which is why they use lewd patcher to host the patches so that patreon won't know that incest is being enabled in those games.

Reactions: ___charming___
Jul 12, 2020
Noo want the nanny to and my agent and Haley and the last PA candidate and ....

yeah change the name font
yeah

ow "Dev has said no harem, " Ok un watch it then.
what is worse in the what 15-20 years after the MC had no childs with his wife, How should i get Rosa and the girls preg then ?

Jul 12, 2020
It's stated when you choose the name that the name Erol is hard coded, so this shouldn't be surprising.
Also, as stated by the Dev, no harem ending, but there will be multiple endings with multiple LIs
yes I know he states that but no harm in helping him point out the places that he missed.
even more that not only did he hard coded, or better forgot the use of [MC name] in several texts, he also did some search and replace actions where the daughters name changes.

And yes he mentions no harem ending, I can only hope "so far" and no harm in asking for it, maybe i he sees there is a deamnd for it he'll add it afterwards.

Tragic Princess

Dec 30, 2019
It has to do with patreon and their rules. If they get the slightest hint that your game has incest in it, that is an instant ban.

So you end up with a lot of games similar to this one and some of the devs or even F95 zone users make incest patches for those games. Which is why they use lewd patcher to host the patches so that patreon won't know that incest is being enabled in those games.
The Dev could've taken the landlord/roommate approach like so many have. But I just wanna know what happens with the story if a patch is installed.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
From what I can gather, the only possibility is if the dev creates two separate stories. One for Patreon and one for everywhere else with the taboo stuff. I've seen other games do it, it's not that hard. You use the same assets and pictures, just change the text.

Yes it is a stupid idea, but the dev has written himself into a corner with this one. So unless he plans to re-write this first release then incest isn't going to make much sense.
See, I actually like the story the way it is so far. Doesn't need the blood related incest in my opinion at all.

Reactions: Watcher X

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
See, I actually like the story the way it is so far. Doesn't need the blood related incest in my opinion at all.
Finally finished the story yesterday and I agree, I much prefer the current setting as opposed to blood related incest. Yes it's odd that his wife fell pregnant twice to one off indiscretions yet never got pregnant to the MC once after years of marriage. But that could just mean maybe the MC is infertile.

Either way, I'm seeing similarities to Single Again, a game I really enjoy and support.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Finally finished the story yesterday and I agree, I much prefer the current setting as opposed to blood related incest. Yes it's odd that his wife fell pregnant twice to one off indiscretions yet never got pregnant to the MC once after years of marriage. But that could just mean maybe the MC is infertile.

Either way, I'm seeing similarities to Single Again, a game I really enjoy and support.
I don't think the twins pregnancy was a one night stand. I think she was dating their father, but he wanted nothing to do with kids and so that didn't end well. The first one was definitely a one night stand. As for not having kids with the MC, my theory would be that with three kids already, how much more do you want lol. Maybe it was a conscious decision not to have any more children. Just my theory.

And yes, some similarities to Single Again, a game I also really enjoy.

Tysonator2000

Feb 24, 2020
I'm cool if everyone's not related but the plot just felt completely off to me. Why lie to the entire family on who the twins father was? Emily was no saint. Addison was the product of a one night stand previously. Also, why would Emily name someone else's kid after Erol? Arrow is going to resent him even more now after finding out the truth. Just seems like something that could've been avoided.

Reactions: Chagatai Khan

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I'm not going to reply to every single question/etc in here. I am always up to/open to talking on my discord though if anyone wants to. I do want to say the following though:

After discussing it with some people, I will be creating some sort of forking or patched game (I'm not sure what yet.) I won't say exactly what these will be, but you can likely guess based on the fact one will be on Patreon and the other will not.

Oh one other thing, there is no Harem route, but there are 2 routes that involve multple LI's.
I'm gonna need you to be more specific on multiple LIs. Like, I respect if you're just trying to create some lovey dovey romance game, but here's the thing. I'm only going to play through your game once. (barring any god damn "your saves are broken" stuff, I understand it happens that rage is not at you)

So, when I play a game, I don't want to have to pick and choose who I want to be with, I want to be able to see as much as possible in one go. Now if this is one of those "You can fuck around with everyone and then have to pick one at the very end" it's not as bad, that's only 1 scene for each other girl that I'm missing.

If it's "You can only pick one to pursue and if you try to get with everyone you end up with no one" then it's not even worth the time it took me to write this.

Tell me at least that one of those multiple girl endings includes all of the "daughters", I think I can live with that.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I'm gonna need you to be more specific on multiple LIs. Like, I respect if you're just trying to create some lovey dovey romance game, but here's the thing. I'm only going to play through your game once. (barring any god damn "your saves are broken" stuff, I understand it happens that rage is not at you)

So, when I play a game, I don't want to have to pick and choose who I want to be with, I want to be able to see as much as possible in one go. Now if this is one of those "You can fuck around with everyone and then have to pick one at the very end" it's not as bad, that's only 1 scene for each other girl that I'm missing.

If it's "You can only pick one to pursue and if you try to get with everyone you end up with no one" then it's not even worth the time it took me to write this.

Tell me at least that one of those multiple girl endings includes all of the "daughters", I think I can live with that.
Something similar happens to me, only I'm even weirder.

I only play one ending, and if I have to choose, and I like several LIs that don't share an ending, then I don't choose and look for another game. Also, I prefer not to establish romantic / sexual relationships with those LIs from which I'm not going to get an ending. This implies that if from the beginning it's clear that I'm interested in two or more LIs that don't share an ending, I will have to choose quite soon. And since I don't choose, then the game is over very soon.

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes