Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
After restarting CH2 with maxed stats some fights are still unwinnable. While I can understand that hunteress & witch wear plot armor in that case, rogue sisters & centaurs shouldn't have it (at least IMHO with rogues - you may have some story planned for them, but centaur A and centaur B 100% are trash mobs).

Lack of different options (I disabled guro & NTR and don't saw anything new - fort in mountains & spines & city are still locked) is okay for such early alpha, but it's have too much invulnerable enemies as for me.

Reactions: ☆Jonathan Wick♤

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
yeah nice game but why the pictures is made like that why not clear images : P
The developer didn't have his own art for the game yet and is using others' with permission, but he has to make them blurry in order to use them. In the next few versions the game will begin to gradually get new art from the dev's artists.

Reactions: 4MinuteWarning

DarthLAX

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting - I like being offered "evil" choices and I sometimes even select them in games (not often however, I simply can't play evil characters -.-), but I like having non-evil choices even better (after all having a good reputation is often worth far more than short term gain!)

Little short, but that will hopefully change :)

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
This game is surprisingly fun. I like the twist of being a monster, with appropriately monstrous choices. The writing is good, and I enjoy searching through the various options the game has to offer. (it would be nice to have some sort of a cheat mode so we can edit stats anytime to see how those can affect the game).

Also played around with the editor a bit and came up with this.... still needs some work I think, but i like it so far!
I'm glad you liked it! And yeah, I think the Rinmaru editor is really neat. I'd definitely recommend it to any poor unfortunate devs who want to produce some placeholder art for their first release.

After restarting CH2 with maxed stats some fights are still unwinnable. While I can understand that hunteress & witch wear plot armor in that case, rogue sisters & centaurs shouldn't have it (at least IMHO with rogues - you may have some story planned for them, but centaur A and centaur B 100% are trash mobs).
Thanks for the feedback! The centaurs should be defeatable with high enough Strength or Charm. If you're not able to, I may have made a mistake somewhere - but I can't easily find it. Can anyone else reproduce this?

The rogues have more fun planned for them in Chapter 3, but I'll add a (difficult) brute force option when I do.

Interesting - I like being offered "evil" choices and I sometimes even select them in games (not often however, I simply can't play evil characters -.-), but I like having non-evil choices even better (after all having a good reputation is often worth far more than short term gain!)

Little short, but that will hopefully change :)
Cheers! Playing through as a merciful character will definitely have its advantages later on.

Regula

Jan 22, 2018
I'm glad you liked it! And yeah, I think the Rinmaru editor is really neat. I'd definitely recommend it to any poor unfortunate devs who want to produce some placeholder art for their first release.

Thanks for the feedback! The centaurs should be defeatable with high enough Strength or Charm. If you're not able to, I may have made a mistake somewhere - but I can't easily find it. Can anyone else reproduce this?

The rogues have more fun planned for them in Chapter 3, but I'll add a (difficult) brute force option when I do.

Cheers! Playing through as a merciful character will definitely have its advantages later on.
I think he thought that he lost after almost passing out from the fight with the centaurs

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
I think he thought that he lost after almost passing out from the fight with the centaurs
You are passing out, but able to recover quickly. Yes. Because it's a bit stupid with cheat-maxed stats, isn't it?

Or maybe I'm just annoyed that unable to see any difference between "normal" CH2 and "maxed-stats" one (again - Guro & NTR were disabled).

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
You are passing out, but able to recover quickly. Yes. Because it's a bit stupid with cheat-maxed stats, isn't it?

Or maybe I'm just annoyed that unable to see any difference between "normal" CH2 and "maxed-stats" one (again - Guro & NTR were disabled).
I have to prioritise my writing & dev time carefully, because this is a part-time solo project and folks are keen on new content. Generally that means I tend to focus on paths and options that are most likely to be chosen, then work back and expand them in subsequent updates when I have time. A flavour change for maxed stats is the kind of thing I'd like to add in, but it's relatively low down in the queue.

Currently my major focus is on getting Chapter 3 ready. There's likely to be an additional bugfixing, art & voice acting update (1.6) on the 17th of May while I'm writing it. It's tentative at the moment, but I'm aiming (and on course) to release Chapter 3 on the 1st of June. Please bear with me while I work on it!

Reactions: acewinz

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I feel like, if we have the option to eat/kill them, we should also have the option to force things in, even if they won't necessarily fit, provided we are playing as a sufficiently evil, and very aroused, dragon.. (just a suggestion!)
It's not my kink - but I agree that it fits with the themes of the game, and you're not the first person to suggest it. I'll have a shot at writing it, but no promises!

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
v1.6 live, and upload requested! You can grab it from itch.io if you don't want to wait. As we've got a lot of things to fix and new elements to add, I wanted to bundle them into a release. Plans for an image-heavy update are still intact, and you'll see that in the next couple of weeks.

v1.6, "Black Juve Dragon"

Dev Notes

• Compatible with save files from v1.4 and newer.
  • This is an interim release; most of our new art will be added in 1.7.
Features
  • Misha Mayfair joins the cast! Voice acting has been added for the witch.
  • Thanks to Amon Ra, Vira’s beautiful character art is being brought to life. PC users can download the Animations Patch, and put it in their “game” folder, to see the animations for Princess Adeline.
  • A piano accompaniment has been added to Marina Montague’s main theme, courtesy of our new composer Smol Rowan. Complete Chapter 2 and then return to the main menu to hear it.
  • Mercenary voice acting has been extended for the docks eavesdropping. Visit them towards the end of Chapter 2, after choosing Cruelty options, to get the most out of it.
  • Mercenary voice acting has been added to the Merchant vs Mercs scene.
  • An option has been added to force the farmgirl’s, ah, barn door. Adjust your Preferences if you want to use it.
Tweaks
  • Added a Guro content flag to the Preferences menu. This option is disabled by default.
  • Created an animation framework.
  • Created a patch framework.
  • Improved looping and transition of voice acting in Farmgirl and Fangirl scenes.
  • Increased size of the quickbar.
  • Added the Skip button back to the quickbar.
Fixes
  • Fixed centaur voice lines.
  • Moved herald’s VA onto the male voice channel.
  • Fixed missing sprite for Maelys.
  • Fixed missing sprite for ship guard.
  • Fixed conditional eavesdropping text for after the Merchant Cruelty option.
  • Numerous typo fixes.

troll1337

Nov 5, 2017
I have tried to gain access to the mercenary content but i can't for the love of god figure out how to...

Any tips?

4MinuteWarning

Game Developer
Jul 7, 2018
I have tried to gain access to the mercenary content but i can't for the love of god figure out how to...

Any tips?
1. Make sure you're playing v1.6 (get it from the itch.io page)
2. Visit the Roads or Farmsteads and pick the meaner option.
3. Go to Gutter's Cove and infiltrate a ship.
4. Listen in on the guards' conversation.
5. Enjoy!

Cheat code?
Finish Chapter 2, and you'll have the option to replay it with max stats.

PregMageTD

Mar 25, 2019
This is an interesting game. I love villain games, so it's good to see such a dedicated dev working hard on one. Little confused why an unfinished game is tagged as a 1.0 release and not a Beta, but it's fine either way. Keep at it, but I hope you will be careful not to overreach. Players love new content, yes, but they love a finished product even more. Looking forward to watching this game shine.

4.60 star(s) 202 Votes