Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The window title is "Translated in Engish, Go Cry about it Dev". The banner is "ReBF: Special Extra Poetry Edition" which advertises being "10% more poetic".

So yes, you are probably right.
The Window Title wasn't done by the translator :ROFLMAO: it was added later somewhere along the line. I thought it was a good addition.

Reactions: stagp

iamslime

Jul 25, 2017
indeed, this dev is quite an asshole and of the worst kind, jap peak eroge dev assholes come in two flavours; gaijin hater or "sorry I got sick for the 15th time, game delayed" kind...
I remember this dev going out of his way to shutdown a fan translation a few years ago.
Actually, he seems to have expressed interest in having one or multiple of his games translated. I don't have a source on me at the moment but I recall reading something to that effect on their ci-en blog. Dunno if their view on western pirates has changed, but there is that.

And the event you're recalling was when a "fake" version of the game was shared around on regular pirate sites. The game played normally until about an hour or two in, where the game forcibly soft locks you and also changes the enemies in that area to have one attack that one hit kills you, as in 9999999 damage. They didn't always use it, but there was no way to survive it by that point in the game. Digging around in the game files revealed a large portion of Japanese text, which when translated to English, read something along the lines of "hahaha filthy gaijin pirate" spammed a lot. This is all really old shit from several years back, though. Who knows if it was even AsgarKnights themselves that uploaded the fake version. The official version was leaked and pirated the literal next day, anyway.

Siriuscolt

Mar 20, 2018
Oh god, the poring is being translated as "Sellin". It is really 10% more poetic. Edit: And the poring card is called "Zeline Card".

Joking apart, thanks for the translation. MTL is better than no translations, after all.

guys, iirc wasn't ROBFEOY the direct sequel of ROBF ? i'm talking about the plot
There is:

ROBF: The first game which this game is a remake of and has a not MTL fan translation

ROBFS4U/ROBFS3U : It's with another protagonist, but more or less is a sequel to the first game

ROBFEOY : Sequel to BOTH of games with the MC from the first game, about 60% of the main story has been translated but the project has been stopped because of the author. There is 3 anti-gaijins puzzles untranslated in the game that are a pain to bypass.

This game is a remake of the first game.

Like said, this does more harm then good, he already has a ENG version on the first one incoming, its best to wait and for people to support that one.
Well, this translation will not affect the sales from the official translation because it is MTL. I do plan to buy this game, but I'm still salt that he didn't translated the others game after 3 years from stopping the fan translation, even if it is his right.

Reactions: danken

anavin500

Jun 29, 2017
sorry for non respond long time
i can't play a galleys when i play i get an Error every time every monster in a house

senorleeman

Aug 12, 2016
What is the TL;DR context behind Asgar in regards game leaking?
Prior to a games release they would purposely distribute bugged or trial versions of the game to popular content sharing sites that were indistinguishable from the legit retail releases, so pirates would be playing away none the wiser and suddenly hit a softlock or game breaking bug and more than likely lose all their progress. While those broken links are left up he has very keen DMCA takedowns of legit copies of the game to try to make pirating such a pain in the ass that people just pay for the game.

Hats off to him to be honest it is a very novel way to deal with piracy it probably cost him more in resources than he made from additional sales but a moral victory isn't without merit. Ever since he has learned how to potentially sell his game outside the Japanese market he has lost the chip on his shoulder about foreigners playing his games too.

• Wow
Reactions: BruceMcGivern

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Prior to a games release they would purposely distribute bugged or trial versions of the game to popular content sharing sites that were indistinguishable from the legit retail releases, so pirates would be playing away none the wiser and suddenly hit a softlock or game breaking bug and more than likely lose all their progress. While those broken links are left up he has very keen DMCA takedowns of legit copies of the game to try to make pirating such a pain in the ass that people just pay for the game.

Hats off to him to be honest it is a very novel way to deal with piracy it probably cost him more in resources than he made from additional sales but a moral victory isn't without merit. Ever since he has learned how to potentially sell his game outside the Japanese market he has lost the chip on his shoulder about foreigners playing his games too.
lol i did let out a big giggle from the clownery of his actions lololololololol!

Well imma try these games and see what is all the mumbo jumbo about xD specially when one of these games are MLT soooooooo yeah its gonna be one of those awkward situations but all for the sake of making a conclusion if the games are good or the actual rubbish :D

Thanks a lot

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
l but all for the sake of making a conclusion if the games are good or the actual rubbish :D
i think the bad things about the robf games are:
1. the same old washing machine sounds in fights/sex scenes:(
2. lots of reused girls and animations:cautious:
3. and of course the anti gaijin test:p

but i've bought them all and if he does more of them i'll buy them too because i love sex fight:love:
and if the dev reads this don't let piracy stop you. keep making robf sex fight games:love:

Last edited:

YdenMkII

Dec 2, 2018
lol i did let out a big giggle from the clownery of his actions lololololololol!

Well imma try these games and see what is all the mumbo jumbo about xD specially when one of these games are MLT soooooooo yeah its gonna be one of those awkward situations but all for the sake of making a conclusion if the games are good or the actual rubbish :D

Thanks a lot
If you like battle fuck games and Ragnarok Online, I'd imagine you'd like the game if it follows the same formula as the first game of the series I did play. The game nicks off RO quite a bit with the skill trees being mostly 1:1 copies of the ones in RO (except without a class lock). Same with dungeons and enemies all being mongirl versions of their RO counterparts.

Jame8513

Aug 30, 2017
where is the juice maker for very first quest ? I spend for hours but can't find anything.

Siriuscolt

Mar 20, 2018
Guys, how i can unlock skill strip shorts ?
I need it for stolen monster underwear
I think you need to change job to unlock the red skills and, from ROBF and ROBF 2, you also need to have Steal at rank 3. Until you change jobs, you need to use skills, steal or both to win vs some monsters. Some monsters you can steal underwear at full HP and some need to be at half or less.

Reactions: decker2

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Kagura already released one game that he made --
I don't know how you came to this conclusion that he hates gaijins and doesn't want their money. Because he DMCA's links? He's not the only Japanese dev who does that. From what I've seen he is just vehemently against piracy.
he doesn't hate gaijins, he hates pirates 90% of them just happen to be gaijins. he's actually extremely helpful to gaijin players if they show him proof of purchase.

raith

Jul 30, 2017
if there's one thing that hasn't changed. the Gallery seems to be bugged along with the scenes in the base up the stairs

Jame8513

Aug 30, 2017
You can make it in your base or buy it on Fayefore (Payon), which is east of LakeJanlim. Both of these require others quests first.
i did all 3 beginning quest and only left with the juice quest. No new area to explore or crafting thing.

Siriuscolt

Mar 20, 2018
i did all 3 beginning quest and only left with the juice quest. No new area to explore or crafting thing.
Request new quests at AdvGuild and then do the event in Pronterra (with the Next in red), it will unlock the next set of quests.

Jame8513

Aug 30, 2017
Request new quests at AdvGuild and then do the event in Pronterra (with the Next in red), it will unlock the next set of quests.
Didn't know how but when i reinstall with japan located, it's show the next quest. BTW, i got error when access to the scene in upgrade room, and seem like there no way to fix that...

3.80 star(s) 10 Votes