clb0488

Jun 4, 2019
What is RS and SL? I can't remember if they are ever defined in the game, if they are great and I'm dumb and I need to pay more attention. If not, can you clarify somewhere in the first couple days what they are?

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
What is RS and SL? I can't remember if they are ever defined in the game, if they are great and I'm dumb and I need to pay more attention. If not, can you clarify somewhere in the first couple days what they are?
RS determines how much they like you, SL determines what you can get them to do.

Reactions: Cesarbr

Crippy

May 28, 2018
Sacred_Sage Hey bro...Is it possible to get Vivian to RS20 on this update? All I need is a yes or no. If it is possible, then I will figure it out.

As always, thanks for your help and being proactive on the board.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
Sacred_Sage Hey bro...Is it possible to get Vivian to RS20 on this update? All I need is a yes or no. If it is possible, then I will figure it out.

As always, thanks for your help and being proactive on the board.
Yup it is possible as of 0.19. hope you enjoy :D

Crippy

May 28, 2018
That's doing the same things over and over again everyday for almost 2 weeks before getting any story progress.
Looks like grinding to me.
Grinding is going through the same motions day after day and all it does is progress the game. Here, while you are doing things repetitively, you are not only progressing the game, but you are also progress your character. Also, if you are "grinding" for 2 weeks in actual time, then you are either doing something wrong or you are only playing for a couple of minutes a day. A grind for 2 weeks in game time, takes about 15-20 minutes. That is not a grind IMO.

Crippy

May 28, 2018
OK...I thought I had Vivian figured out with getting her to RS20 and the Bracelet...but I was wrong. So, any hints would be appreciated.

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
OK...I thought I had Vivian figured out with getting her to RS20 and the Bracelet...but I was wrong. So, any hints would be appreciated.
It was probably a choice based thing that was missed. you can get exactly 20 as of 0.19. Not sure what you missed. It's hard to say. in .20 I added vivian to the royal (remade the royal area) so you can turn in the bracelet to her then regardless of RS. Hit me on a message and I'll get up fixed up though.

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Grinding is going through the same motions day after day and all it does is progress the game. Here, while you are doing things repetitively, you are not only progressing the game, but you are also progress your character. Also, if you are "grinding" for 2 weeks in actual time, then you are either doing something wrong or you are only playing for a couple of minutes a day. A grind for 2 weeks in game time, takes about 15-20 minutes. That is not a grind IMO.
I disagree ! its a grind fest! The MC earns $200 per day (and couple of $20 deliveries) argument sake thats $1000 every 5 days! the 1st thing you need to buy $5000 thats 20 + in game days ! add that to the go meet here in morning and be @ here in the afternoon... etc you telling me thats not GRIND

Sacred_Sage

Game Developer
May 26, 2021
I disagree ! its a grind fest! The MC earns $200 per day (and couple of $20 deliveries) argument sake thats $1000 every 5 days! the 1st thing you need to buy $5000 thats 20 + in game days ! add that to the go meet here in morning and be @ here in the afternoon... etc you telling me thats not GRIND
Marcus quests gives 750 total if u dont want to do that theres also lockpicking if you get items day 1 thats 5 attempts a total of 375 cap, 200 cap on working, plus 3 deliveries, so 1 day with a possible amount of 635 a day on day 1. As you level up the crafts, the total goes up.. Dont worry though. in .20 the price of corridor goes to 4k. and in .21 Im making a pussy Icon for the MC_PC that gives you 5k. Also lets not forget stratch offs that gives extra money too..

Jul 21, 2019
You are clearly not doing something correctly.
Back in 0.15, prior to the lottery tickets being available, between hacking and lockpicking as much as I could (using coffee and water for extra energy) and working at The Royal every day (which took no more than 5 real-time minutes per "in-game day"), I was earing an average of $550 per "in-game day".

I had the equipment upgrade by the end of Day 2, and the new wing for the house by day 8.

I'd recommend buying all the coffee and water you can, on any given day.
That's $60 out.

Then focus on doing as much hacking as you can and lockpicking when you have enough energy left.
As far as "perks" go, focus on "less energy used per hack/lockpick", and once you've gotten both of those, focus on "more hacks/lockpicks per day"

And yes, it's repetitive, but as Crippy rightly pointed out above... it's not grind.
Grinding is repeating the same NPC interactions to progress the game.
Grinding is having the exact same scene/dialogue repeated over and over and over to gain "points" with an NPC to move onto the next stage of the game with that NPC.

While earning money in this game is repetitive, it really doesn't advance the story or the game in general.

Yes, you do need Vivian to move in, for the story to progress, and you do need the new wing to be built for that to happen.
and if you want the sauna scene with Lily and Paige, you're gonna have to build the sauna to get that.

Beyond those two instances, money is not used to progress the game/story at all.
Earning money is simple (if repetitive) and doesn't take long, you're progressing the game when you're not earning money.

I spent considerably more time interacting with the various NPCs on a day-to-day basis, then I did earning money.
It's not grindy for me in the slightest, it's just a money mechanic which is typical of most games.
What's atypical is the ways you can earn cash.
- working
- hacking
- lockpicking
- deliveries
- lotto tickets

What's also atypical is that, beyond working a shift at The Royal, absolutely none of the other money-making tasks advance the clock.
You can get all of them done in the morning, or the evening, or whenever (except deliveries, because those are only available at Noon or the Afternoon... I think)

Sure it's repetitive, like every other money mechanic, but it's not grindy.

If you want to experience actual grind, play Big Brother, or one of it's various clones.
Try out Foot of the Mountains, Chapter 1.
Try virtually any sandbox that has Russian as an available language.
That's grind.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
It sounds like a possible choice that you made early on. If I remember correctly, it might be a peeking scene where you chose not to get caught...but it would be better to get caught. I might be wrong.
yea i learnt that too late when all female characters like to get peeked by mc. and i dont wana grind all that money again.So got no choice but to just unren the rest lol

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes