3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
That... actually hurts.

I modelled this plot device (MC switch) after my favourite corruption game, that is TS Mahou Shoujo Nao. But I guess it isn't to everyone's taste.
you should add more building story for other MC if you want to switch it later in future game, at least for this game, add some bosun chapter battle and struggle in first part and how he become the person like he is in 2nd part, rather than just switch it blandly

Feb 8, 2019
That... actually hurts.

I modelled this plot device (MC switch) after my favourite corruption game, that is TS Mahou Shoujo Nao. But I guess it isn't to everyone's taste.
dev Tjord. while I also agree on the slight new elements needed for part 2. by all means. As a fan, I can say it's really fine overall. very unusual way of a RPG but great in it's own way. And since it's a uncommon method of RPG story telling that most people aren't used too. even you could have expected reactions like this.

And as they already said. you can't please everyone. In any game, there will be critics and fans like 2 sides of the same coin. Take TDLR and Divinion for example. while it's a great game that was well receive, personally I'm inclined to say that I like it LESS compared to ROAW (the gender bend killed it for me, that's all it took).

Some people agree, some disagree but that's life. I hope your not disheartened because of this. Just so you know. at the very least for me, I like what you did here. Bosun is a unlikable character to most. Then again, his a villain (he isn't supposed to be liked by people). The fact that other people hate him means he's really doing a good job. Haha

Last edited:

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Okay, you've convinced me guys. Vox populi, vox dei.

I'll scrap Bosun and give you some more interesting villain / second MC. Obviously this comes with major changes to overall story structure and, less obviously, to corruption process, so it'll take a bit.

Fortunately, I have an idea how to handle it. In ROAW prototype, main villain/MC was not wimpy Bosun but Chad-like commander. Let's see if I can scavenge this concept...

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019

I'll scrap Bosun and give you some more interesting villain / second MC. Obviously this comes with major changes to overall story structure and, less obviously, to corruption process, so it'll take a bit.

Fortunately, I have an idea how to handle it. In ROAW prototype, main villain/MC was not wimpy Bosun but Chad-like commander. Let's see if I can scavenge this concept...

Mister XxX

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
dev Tjord. while I also agree on the slight new elements needed for part 2. by all means. As a fan, I can say it's really fine overall. very unusual way of a RPG but great in it's own way. And since it's a uncommon method of RPG story telling that most people aren't used too. even you could have expected reactions like this.

And as they already said. you can't please everyone. In any game, there will be critics and fans like 2 sides of the same coin. Take TDLR and Divinion for example. while it's a great game that was well receive, personally I'm inclined to say that I like it LESS compared to ROAW (the gender bend killed it for me, that's all it took).

Some people agree, some disagree but that's life. I hope your not disheartened because of this. Just so you know. at the very least for me, I like what you did here. Bosun is a unlikable character to most. Then again, his a villain (he isn't supposed to be liked by people). The fact that other people hate him means he's really doing a good job. Haha

I talk only for the last part.
A vilain is not supposed to be liked i agree but a protagonist must be (at least a little), especially in a game that require reflexion and efforts (if you want to push the player to continue). Bosun would have been a good vilain if we still continue to play as Marek.

Mister XxX

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018

I wish you well on this. Changing our own story is not easy.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
its hard to make plot twist in eroge SRPG, especially in MC changing to bad guy. if its arcade type of SRPG, its fine but true SRPG has story building as core and without proper story building of that respective MC, i think changing will get lot of criticism

linear SRPG still the best tho. take rance series, bad MC that jump and rape ppl but its likeable since the story revolve in him only. but well, that kind of SRPG very usual nowdays while your styles is very rare, so i dont think lot of ppl will agree to make linear

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
linear SRPG still the best tho. take rance series, bad MC that jump and rape ppl but its likeable since the story revolve in him only. but well, that kind of SRPG very usual nowdays while your styles is very rare, so i dont think lot of ppl will agree to make linear
If i want something linear i would rather read a book or a kinetic novel. And most people think the same. In this type of games gameplay matters as much as plot.

Last edited:

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017

It's good to hear that you are taking our criticism into account. This game has been a treat to play up until the second half and with a more palatable second half protagonist I am confident that it could become something amazing. I understand that a grand a sweeping change to the game will require a lot of effort and time on your part and I am sure we can all be patient until it is ready.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
If i want something linear i would rather read a book or a kinetic novel. And most people think the same. In this type of games gameplay matters as much as plot.
hmm.. i still can understand if you relate it to kinetic novel but read a book.... really? you might want to open your google and find whats the difference between a book and a game.

and most people?? who is that?

and what do you mean by gameplay? the SRPG? or the fetish?

and when you said "in this type of game" what do you mean? the SRPG in context of eroge? or SRPG as whole? since i post here, ofc i meant by SRPG in context of eroge, and although im ready to worship any developer that make great gameplay with a great plot, i will still choose plot over gameplay, if i want gameplay, i will go play arcade type or puzzle type.

story build likeness to character, thus reducing criticism.
ofc ppl who think like this mostly hate NTR, because NTR give only 1 side story of MC and didnt give any to the antagonist. so when they just barge in, it will bring dishearten

if you mean SRPG as whole, why come here? there is skidrow or nblog where you can download good SRPG with good gameplay but no plot.

BTW, best SRPG eroge in all time for me is eiyuu senki. nothing beat that

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
hmm.. i still can understand if you relate it to kinetic novel but read a book.... really? you might want to open your google and find whats the difference between a book and a game.

and most people?? who is that?

and what do you mean by gameplay? the SRPG? or the fetish?

and when you said "in this type of game" what do you mean? the SRPG in context of eroge? or SRPG as whole? since i post here, ofc i meant by SRPG in context of eroge, and although im ready to worship any developer that make great gameplay with a great plot, i will still choose plot over gameplay, if i want gameplay, i will go play arcade type or puzzle type.

story build likeness to character, thus reducing criticism.
ofc ppl who think like this mostly hate NTR, because NTR give only 1 side story of MC and didnt give any to the antagonist. so when they just barge in, it will bring dishearten

if you mean SRPG as whole, why come here? there is skidrow or nblog where you can download good SRPG with good gameplay but no plot.

BTW, best SRPG eroge in all time for me is eiyuu senki. nothing beat that
I just said that linearity is better for VNs than for strategies, and you started giving me a lecture here. Shut up nerd.

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
its hard to make plot twist in eroge SRPG, especially in MC changing to bad guy. if its arcade type of SRPG, its fine but true SRPG has story building as core and without proper story building of that respective MC, i think changing will get lot of criticism

Everything depends on the performance and how it was presented to us, if this is known in advance and the villain is charismatic, interesting or causes sympathy, why not.
Seriously, I now decided to finish part 2 and I like the story, the main problem I had was that this turn was sudden and we knew little about the new protagonist and he did not make me want to lead him to victory.
If, for example, it was known about the character change in advance, there were missions with him in part 1 and he took more part and was better exposed in the first part and was at the same time some kind of charismatic bastard or the same genius, but not such a wimpy, personally I wouldn't have any problems with the character change.

I'm glad to hear that the developer is taking the criticism seriously and will patiently wait for the second character to change and the story continues.
However, it is not always worth going on about the fans, you will not please everyone, that one does not like it, others may love, despite the fact that in this case I believe that the change will be for the better, remember that this is your story and only you know the full story, and we judge only on the part that has already been released.

bom44

Feb 13, 2020
Everything depends on the performance and how it was presented to us, if this is known in advance and the villain is charismatic, interesting or causes sympathy, why not.
Seriously, I now decided to finish part 2 and I like the story, the main problem I had was that this turn was sudden and we knew little about the new protagonist and he did not make me want to lead him to victory.
If, for example, it was known about the character change in advance, there were missions with him in part 1 and he took more part and was better exposed in the first part and was at the same time some kind of charismatic bastard or the same genius, but not such a wimpy, personally I wouldn't have any problems with the character change.

I'm glad to hear that the developer is taking the criticism seriously and will patiently wait for the second character to change and the story continues.
However, it is not always worth going on about the fans, you will not please everyone, that one does not like it, others may love, despite the fact that in this case I believe that the change will be for the better, remember that this is your story and only you know the full story, and we judge only on the part that has already been released.
yes, more presentation needed in part 1 before switching MC, need more of his story in part 1,

Makeruno

Aug 20, 2017

For me, I think you can still use Bosun but needs more foreshadowing and maybe add some sort of depth onto him so he would be an interesting protagonist.

Not sure how tough is it for you to tweak with such a major aspect of the plot at this point, hope you can succeed though

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
Now I'm going through the second chapter and noticed the following:
1. In the second chapter, all sex scenes are repeated 2 times in a row.
2. In the scene of the transformation of the assassin after chapter 38, only part of the body is visible in the full-screen screen, the image is focused on the upper left corner and not on the center
3. In full screen mode, in scenes between battles during conversations, the resolution changes to 4: 3 with black stripes on the sides, although in windowed mode the same scene is shown as 16: 9 and there are no black stripes with this, because of this in some scenes in full screen mode, the window with the text closes the character or the whole scene is not visible and you have to switch to windowed mode for this, screenshots will be below.
4.There are also a small but noticeable number of typos
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Now I'm going through the second chapter and noticed the following:
1. In the second chapter, all sex scenes are repeated 2 times in a row.
2. In the scene of the transformation of the assassin after chapter 38, only part of the body is visible in the full-screen screen, the image is focused on the upper left corner and not on the center
3. In full screen mode, in scenes between battles during conversations, the resolution changes to 4: 3 with black stripes on the sides, although in windowed mode the same scene is shown as 16: 9 and there are no black stripes with this, because of this in some scenes in full screen mode, the window with the text closes the character or the whole scene is not visible and you have to switch to windowed mode for this, screenshots will be below.
4.There are also a small but noticeable number of typos
That's probably related to size of the map, which in this scenario is extremely small. Anyway, I'll be scrapping most of part 2 for the rework, including almost all H-scenes.

I must also admit I did not test the game in full-screen mode. I'll keep that in mind for future release.

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
That's probably related to size of the map, which in this scenario is extremely small. Anyway, I'll be scrapping most of part 2 for the rework, including almost all H-scenes.

I must also admit I did not test the game in full-screen mode. I'll keep that in mind for future release.
Now I checked it and this situation appears not only in full-screen mode.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018

That's great news, having a more interesting (and hopefully more relatable) character as the MC for the second part will be a nice change. Hope he can be deployed too instead of just sitting on the sidelines like Bosun did during the fights, that would soften the blow of losing all the units from part 1 a little. Best of luck with the revamp.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes