3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
That's my entire point, you don't need any plot, story or characters, you just enjoy watching a girl being turned into a mindless whore.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Noone gives a fuck about characters and plot in this type of fiction, everyone just faps mindlessly.
Usually people show interest in this not because of the love of corruption, but simply to jerk off.
Why fap to a specific non erotic type of fetish media if you dont even enjoy it? There is plenty of other material to get your rocks off to.
I find some of the plots in corruption media to be more erotic and fappable than any sexual acts that follow, maybe im just fucked up like that but i think thats the point of a fetish no? If you dont enjoy corruption as a fetish then why fap to media focused on that fetish?
you don't need any plot, story or characters, you just enjoy watching a girl being turned into a mindless whore.
But plot, story and characters make the whole act of a girl getting corrupted that much better, i dont want to fap to context-less erotic images. I want to fap to characters getting corrupted. Characters with backstories, motivations and relations to other characters.
Also you miss the point with this whole "girl being turned into a mindless whore." thing, the fetish is literally called "evil fall" in japanise, not "turning into mindless whore". This is what most western devs get wrong about this whole thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: God Of Conquest

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Why fap to a specific non erotic type of fetish media if you dont even enjoy it? There is plenty of other material to get your rocks off to.
I find some of the plots in corruption media to be more erotic and fappable than any sexual acts that follow, maybe im just fucked up like that but i think thats the point of a fetish no? If you dont enjoy corruption as a fetish then why fap to media focused on that fetish?
Corruption is far from being my main fetish, but i usually get really invested in works that have good plot and interesting characters. The thing is - most corruption themed works don't have neither of these, they're just visually appealing and that's it.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Corruption is far from being my main fetish, but i usually get really invested in works that have good plot and interesting characters. The thing is - most corruption themed works don't have neither of these.
I dont know what corruption themed works you previously tried but i absolutely disagree with your statement that they have neither good plot nor interesting characters. As far as smut goes they are usually leagues better in that department than other h-games, and no wonder really since thats the whole appeal of corruption, characters personalities. Not small tits turning into larger tits. Or libido going up the sky.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
I dont know what corruption themed works you previously tried but i absolutely disagree with your statement that they have neither good plot nor interesting characters. As far as smut goes they are usually leagues better in that department than other h-games, and no wonder really since thats the whole appeal of corruption, characters personalities. Not small tits turning into larger tits. Or libido going up the sky.
Mindless whore, whose only trait is "love dick", and nonexistent plot is usually all that corruption themed works can offer. The ones that have good characters and interesting plot, are too scarce.
I don't know if ShingoL's works count as corruption themed but i wholeheartedly love them.

Last edited:

RedAnt

Mar 4, 2020
Boring, uninteresting and superficial characters usually kill all interest in the work.
Yes if it's all the fiction has to offer, but it's wrong in the general case. Not everyone is interesting in good story, and in fact a very reliable way to make a good story bad is to try to make everyone interesting. A good story focus on what is interesting in it, and the rest is there to support it.

Noone gives a fuck about characters and plot in this type of fiction [...]
It's not working at all. Usually people show interest in this not because of the love of corruption, but simply to jerk off.
Last time I check, you weren't elect to speak on behalf of everyone, so please stop using words like "everyone", " no one", "people", when giving your personal opinion. "I", "me", are neither slurs nor dirty word.

The corruptor is not a protagonist in any of these works, and therefore your argument does not refute my claim.
The Perfume is a famous German novel, and I can guarantee you that no one love it because they relate to the protagonist or like him. He is a sociopath without any redeeming quality. I am not even sure he qualifies as a human.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Last time I check, you weren't elect to speak on behalf of everyone, so please stop using words like "everyone", " no one", "people", when giving your personal opinion. "I", "me", are neither slurs nor dirty word.
I am not speaking on behalf of every person, but that part of humanity whose preferences I know from statistics.

The Perfume is a famous German novel, and I can guarantee you that no one love it because they relate to the protagonist or like him. He is a sociopath without any redeeming quality. I am not even sure he qualifies as a human.
It's not about corruption, and story is very interesting and somewhat unique.

Reactions: Zen Asteria

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Mindless whore, whose only trait is "love dick", and nonexistent plot is usually all that corruption themed works can offer.
Well they are pretty bad works then, I try to avoid such.
The ones that have good characters and interesting plot, are to scarce.
That unfortunately is true, but the fact they are so scarce also speaks about their quality, i dont want to go all pretentious with "pareto principle" or anything like that but its generally true that majority of "stuff" is of low quality and only few gems shine trough.
I don't know if ShingoL's works count as corruption themed but i wholeheartedly love them.
You mean "da hootch/ShindoL"? Is so than i love them too, in fact they were one of the first doujinshi i fapped to, good stuff.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
I am not speaking on behalf of every person, but that part of humanity whose preferences I know from statistics.
I would like to see those statistics :LOL:
Also i dont really think that "most of people" are the main target here, since its a niche game, in niche engine with niche type of gameplay made because of I presume passion of the dev, not for monetary gain or widest possible appeal.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Well they are pretty bad works then, I try to avoid such.

That unfortunately is true, but the fact they are so scarce also speaks about their quality, i dont want to go all pretentious with "pareto principle" or anything like that but its generally true that majority of "stuff" is of low quality and only few gems shine trough.
I agree with that. But to find gems - you need to dig, sometimes very deep.

You mean "da hootch/ShindoL"? Is so than i love them too, in fact they were one of the first doujinshi i fapped to, good stuff.
Yes, and yes -very good stuff, some, like "Emergence", contain important life lessons.

Reactions: test011

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
I would like to see those statistics :LOL:
Also i dont really think that "most of people" are the main target here, since its a niche game, in niche engine with niche type of gameplay made because of I presume passion of the dev, not for monetary gain or widest possible appeal.
I generally search ratings of games, reviews, comments that people leave, number of purchases on different sites, and some other data on sites such as vndb and dlsite. So i may be a little faulty to call it a "statistics", it's more of an independent research.

RedAnt

Mar 4, 2020
I think that should unlock the gallery and memories, im not 100% sure tho.
Thanks. Changing the environment.evs unlock the last memory. I only lack the last corruption scene now.

I generally search ratings of games, reviews, comments that people leave, number of purchases on different sites, and some other data on sites such as vndb and dlsite. So i may be a little faulty to call it a "statistics", it's more of an independent research.
My current impression on watching the comment on beloved corruption story is that story is a major and important element on why people love them (and in some case, it's fortunate because the ratio sex/plot isn't in favor of the sex). And I have seen similar corruption story get trashed for having a weak plot. But it might be selection biais on my part.

[The perfume]'s not about corruption, and story is very interesting and somewhat unique.
One, it's very debatable that it doesn't contain corruption. I would label the last two events of the story as (non sexual, at least at first) corruption.
Two, your claim wasn't limited to corruption, and this is a very clear example of a story that is good despite having a protagonist who is flat, unlikeable and unrelatable. But if you want to limit your claim to corruption, I would like to know why corruption story are so special that they must have relatable and likable protagonist. You will note that I tried to explain why I think they are better off with unlikeable corruptors *, even if they are the MC.

*To recap: the act of corruption would be considered one of the most heinous act if it was possible to perform, and trying to find justification on why a good person would do it is an almost impossible task (which when failed, can make the story the equivalent of a rape/murder apology). Making those justification would require a lot of focus on the corruptors, which is a problem by itself because the main appeal of a corruption story isn't the corruptor but the corrupted, so it's better to choose a likely personality for the corruptor (which is going to be as nice and relatable as a rapist/murderer) in order to focus on the fall from grace of the heroine(s).

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks. Changing the environment.evs unlock the last memory. I only lack the last corruption scene now.
Sorry i couldnt get the last corruption scene, i dont even know if its unlockable.
*To recap: the act of corruption would be considered one of the most heinous act if it was possible to perform, and trying to find justification on why a good person would do it is an almost impossible task (which when failed, can make the story the equivalent of a rape/murder apology).
Thats why i think that non-human corrupter (tentacle monster, alien, parasite, vampire etc...) is the best option, it basically eliminates the whole morality problem since corruptor operates on whole different morality plane than normal humans. Bonus point if the ones getting corrupted arent human either (im sorry but im gonna bring up Venus Blood again :LOL:, characters getting corrupted there arent really normal humans).

But all in all i again agree on all your points, btw a ren'py VN called "Penlight" got a interesting take on whole "morality in mind control" thing, although its bit heavy handed it explores the theme pretty well. It doesnt have any sex scenes but its a pretty good story, you can find it here Penlight.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
One, it's very debatable that it doesn't contain corruption. I would label the last two events of the story as (non sexual, at least at first) corruption.
Two, your claim wasn't limited to corruption, and this is a very clear example of a story that is good despite having a protagonist who is flat, unlikeable and unrelatable. But if you want to limit your claim to corruption, I would like to know why corruption story are so special that they must have relatable and likable protagonist. You will note that I tried to explain why I think they are better off with unlikeable corruptors *, even if they are the MC.

*To recap: the act of corruption would be considered one of the most heinous act if it was possible to perform, and trying to find justification on why a good person would do it is an almost impossible task (which when failed, can make the story the equivalent of a rape/murder apology). Making those justification would require a lot of focus on the corruptors, which is a problem by itself because the main appeal of a corruption story isn't the corruptor but the corrupted, so it's better to choose a likely personality for the corruptor (which is going to be as nice and relatable as a rapist/murderer) in order to focus on the fall from grace of the heroine(s).
I never delved into morality, my point was that characters that have reasonable motivations, personal traits, believable stories are much better than shallow and boring dummies that think with their dicks.

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
(im sorry but im gonna bring up Venus Blood again :LOL:, characters getting corrupted there arent really normal humans).
With VenusBlood series usually brunching plots, from my experience, player can even lead protagonists to some degree of redemption. I personally never found VenusBlood characters or plots being bad or boring, that's why I love this series.

Speaking of branching plots, I can only imagine how much better Record of Asturion War would be if plot could branch, but I understand what titanic effort it requires so I'm not gonna annoy author with it.

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Speaking of branching plots, I can only imagine how much better Record of Asturion War would be if plot could branch, but I understand what titanic effort it requires so I'm not gonna annoy author with it.
I dont know if its possible in SRPG engine but i think some dialogue options scattered between chapters and counting "good" and "bad" points from choices influencing the ending would do this game some good, and i dont think they would even require that much work. For example if you pick worst options you get locked to only ending B or C and if you had more "good" options ending A unlocks or something like that. Not even separate endings but flavors like "And thus the protagonist brought his version of justice to the continent"/"And so the reign of terror of protagonist was unleashed on the continent".

Basically if we are the bad guy then at least there could be a flavor in ending between Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic evil.

Btw i think that characters and plot in this game are pretty good, maybe corrupted characters could use some more personality but i dont get all the hate that Bosun or Jetho got.

Last edited:

Slaanesh Champion

Oct 3, 2019
Btw i think that characters and plot in this game are pretty good, maybe corrupted characters could use some more personality but i dont get all the hate that Bosun or Jetho got.
Tjord stated that he started making new version of game partially because he wasn't pleased with quality of corruption and decided to remake it, but amount of hate that Bosun get, played it's role in this decision too.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes