3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
It's shallow, but I think the main problem with Bosun was his physic. I see no problem with what was described, but the devils can be in the details.

Not giving ETA is wise, at least until you are 99,99% finished. You can tell people it's an estimate all you want, there is always a minority of toxic "fan" that will take those estimate for a blood oath on your firstborn. The same advice should be followed for features. don't announce until you are certain you can deliver, for the same reason.

However, I think you should advertise your game better for your next release (in more place than this one and your site).
I think narrowing down peoples dislike of Bosun to just his physical features is a bit simplistic. While his body wasn't the best (nor would it have made sense for him to be physically fit, given his backstory) the main objection to him was as a protagonist he wasn't a compelling character to follow, if you are going to ask players to spend the second half of the game to tear down everything they had spent the first part building you need a protagonist you can root for, either because there motivation is compelling or because they are a genuinely funny and likable character.

My main hope for the rework is twofold; that the new second half protagonist, whatever form they take ends up being more interesting to follow. They could be the worst character in the world in a moral or ethical sense as long as they can be compelling and that this new protagonist both involves more varied corruption scenes so that the scene itself along with character interactions afterwards can be more interesting to follow rather than reducing characters down to one dimensional fuckpuppets as that doesn't make for a compelling cast of characters to follow and the game up till the second half had been as much about the interactions of the cast as it had been about the strategy gameplay.

Dyrko

Jul 19, 2020
Tjord, how does the vengeance ability work? Was playing the game and it never worked with the nun or cornelia, but the hidden skeleton boss was firing the ability off left and right

TheDeadOne891

Apr 1, 2019
if it anything like the fire emblem games it has something to do with doing more damage depending on how much damage that unit took

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Slow. I'm at chapter 40. Starting January I no longer work remotely, which cut time I can spend on dev significantly.

Reactions: chi50115

Dyrko

Jul 19, 2020
any teasers you want to share tjord? Just really excited to play the game and the wait is killing me

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Don't want to share too much, because every time I test the game, I'm not satisfied and make more and more changes. At this point I'm basically remaking the game from the scratch. Main reason: it became too bloated and unfocused. Right now, I'm aiming at closing the story of the game within 30 chapters, of which around half will be completely new, while half will reuse old maps. As for characters, I've cut many and added few, to fit the new story.

In thumbnails I'll throw in some new character designs for old characters. Many of them might have a bit different personality and role in a new version.

CharaStudio-2021-03-07-14-41-03-Render.png CharaStudio-2021-03-07-14-53-36-Render.png Eugeo (1).png Milicent (6).png Rekkard (2).png

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
Don't want to share too much, because every time I test the game, I'm not satisfied and make more and more changes. At this point I'm basically remaking the game from the scratch. Main reason: it became too bloated and unfocused. Right now, I'm aiming at closing the story of the game within 30 chapters, of which around half will be completely new, while half will reuse old maps. As for characters, I've cut many and added few, to fit the new story.

In thumbnails I'll throw in some new character designs for old characters. Many of them might have a bit different personality and role in a new version.

View attachment 1081925 View attachment 1081937 View attachment 1081955 View attachment 1081943 View attachment 1081957
No more than 30 chapters planned? Eh... I always love to be able to pump up the troops additionally. Have you thought about adding optional additional missions to gain experience for troops without a special plot?

Zen Asteria

Nov 14, 2018
Hallo and Thanks for making this games i really love this game.!
the game, the gameplay and the story is great but i dont really like Bosun at all, dont get me wrong i dont hate fat ppl or what..
but urghhh why you changed the Mc i dont like you change the pov of main characters..
after that Bosun part i dont really interest about the story anymore im just skipping until chapter 41 and just played the battle part and somehow makes me boring..

also is just Bosun has the sex scene part ? not Marek or anybody else ?

note : sorry for gramatic error, english is not my main langauge thank you..

xthaatgirlx

May 22, 2020
yo yo tjord, just finished this, had a ton of fun dude. New models look sick. Looking forward to the update. Can you tell when you might drop it ?

Appreciate it!

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Can you tell when you might drop it ?
When it's done~ TM

In all honesty, my family and job were hit hard by COVID this past month and I barely had a chance to make progress. Still working on it in my spare time though.

but urghhh why you changed the Mc i dont like you change the pov of main characters..
You'll like new, revamped story then. No major POV-shifts and no Bosun.

xthaatgirlx

May 22, 2020
When it's done~ TM

In all honesty, my family and job were hit hard by COVID this past month and I barely had a chance to make progress. Still working on it in my spare time though.
Gotchu, I was just asking for any estimates. Hope things work out for you and your family

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes