4.40 star(s) 103 Votes

SeryogaViper

Jun 16, 2017
Rl_anniversary.jpg

Happy 1 year anniversary to the cast of Red Lucy. An amazing year all around, I constantly kept thriving for better in every aspect and still continue to do so. I realize what I do today is leaps apart from what I introduced in the initial release.
Looked for help where I couldn't get better, met lots of new friends... I came from nowhere and just started doing 3D art one day for no reason in particular so it means a lot!
I wanted to thank you all for the support you've given me and cheers for many more friends to meet!
Unfortunately it's only a half celebration, I started this passion project with the mindset of working how I feel like it and adjust after first year accordingly. But after reviewing the year summary, it's not looking too bright. I'm lagging behind all my peers financially by a large margin, many distribution platforms are closed shut for me for reasons you probably all know.
This project's only support is from you guys, here on Patreon, and it's very limited. Developing this passion project has become insanely expensive on my own. It's bleeding me dry and I'm way past my safety net.
Personally, I feel fine, I keep working like always and live off very little.
But technically it's worrying... If any of my 2 GPUs or other expensive hardware goes toast someday then the project stops right there, as I have no means to replace it.
So, as a creator, nothing changes. Project goes on as usual and much faster while still not sacrificing my graphic standards. Very excited to see this story unfold and many more lewdness to set up.
As a developer, I'll shift my stance toward a more aggressive marketing and attitude. The +3 months leeway I used to give members who leave is no more in effect. Website access will be cleaned very often, starting today. Also I'm all for piracy so eventually everyone plays it but the speed at which I've seen leaks come out (25min) is absurdly un-proportional to my current status. This is the kind of leaking I've seen on other projects' I can only dream to compare to. On someone as tiny as me, it's a death sentence.
Anyway, half-celebration but still very very veryyy happy!
Thank you everyone, see you soon
And sorry in advance if I may appear cold sometimes due to my change of attitude. It hurts me first. It's not who I am.
-LeFrench

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
View attachment 2861478

Happy 1 year anniversary to the cast of Red Lucy. An amazing year all around, I constantly kept thriving for better in every aspect and still continue to do so. I realize what I do today is leaps apart from what I introduced in the initial release.
Looked for help where I couldn't get better, met lots of new friends... I came from nowhere and just started doing 3D art one day for no reason in particular so it means a lot!
I wanted to thank you all for the support you've given me and cheers for many more friends to meet!
Unfortunately it's only a half celebration, I started this passion project with the mindset of working how I feel like it and adjust after first year accordingly. But after reviewing the year summary, it's not looking too bright. I'm lagging behind all my peers financially by a large margin, many distribution platforms are closed shut for me for reasons you probably all know.
This project's only support is from you guys, here on Patreon, and it's very limited. Developing this passion project has become insanely expensive on my own. It's bleeding me dry and I'm way past my safety net.
Personally, I feel fine, I keep working like always and live off very little.
But technically it's worrying... If any of my 2 GPUs or other expensive hardware goes toast someday then the project stops right there, as I have no means to replace it.
So, as a creator, nothing changes. Project goes on as usual and much faster while still not sacrificing my graphic standards. Very excited to see this story unfold and many more lewdness to set up.
As a developer, I'll shift my stance toward a more aggressive marketing and attitude. The +3 months leeway I used to give members who leave is no more in effect. Website access will be cleaned very often, starting today. Also I'm all for piracy so eventually everyone plays it but the speed at which I've seen leaks come out (25min) is absurdly un-proportional to my current status. This is the kind of leaking I've seen on other projects' I can only dream to compare to. On someone as tiny as me, it's a death sentence.
Anyway, half-celebration but still very very veryyy happy!
Thank you everyone, see you soon
And sorry in advance if I may appear cold sometimes due to my change of attitude. It hurts me first. It's not who I am.
-LeFrench
Damn, that is upsetting to hear. This is one of the last projects that should shut down due to a lack of funding... may the odds be ever in your favour, LeFrench!

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Don't know if he already tried Steam. If no, he should it since they are alright with incest.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
It's not that he didn't warn about it. A long time ago he mentioned June 2023 as the critical point where he'd decide what to do going forward. Actually, that was the real anniversary. He's celebrating the anniversary in August because he literally forgot about it until now :KEK:

So you know, if you enjoy the game and have let's say 5 euros or dollars to spare, maybe even a bit more depending on your country, remember that devs can't live solely on thumbsups and likes; they also need they're baguettes, smelly cheese and stuff like that to survive.

Reactions: Filipis

Leonard Hamby

Apr 9, 2023
GREAT GAME!!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE!! PLEEEEZZZZEE

A note of inspiration... To me it seems that the two great looking MILFs in the game are inspired by Linda H and Angelina J.. Certain images really bring this out.. I hope this, if true, continues with future updates!!!!! VERY HOT!!!!

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Don't know if he already tried Steam. If no, he should it since they are alright with incest.
Steam was mentioned, I also brought it back up. This is what the Dev said

"For now, my stance would be to release on Steam as is (uncensored and cover songs) delayed from patreon release but free.

To change any of those would compromise my original intent"

So, I don't even know if he tried to put the game on Steam or not. He hasn't mentioned anything about Steam after that.

And him saying

"I'm lagging behind all my peers financially by a large margin, many distribution platforms are closed shut for me for reasons you probably all know.

This project's only support is from you guys, here on Patreon, and it's very limited. Developing this passion project has become insanely expensive on my own. It's bleeding me dry and I'm way past my safety net"

Having the game on Steam would be another a way to get help with that support you are wanting. Let's see what you decide to do though, Dev.

So you know, if you enjoy the game and have let's say 5 euros or dollars to spare, maybe even a bit more depending on your country

remember that devs can't live solely on thumbsups and likes
He would get my money if the game were put onto Steam (I only buy these games on Steam) I'd get the game for $10, $12, $13, or $15 dollars.

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Found a way to have a proper tier system on website for early releases. Tried many things over the year they all failed but now it works. The website’s backend is getting neat thanks to Vision.

Also today I opened a SteamWorks dev account to start working on a page.

Now we need to find right balance between patrons early releases, Steam model, flooding promotion everywhere possible and counter abusive fast leaks best I can.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Steam allows incest. But if I run along with it, it will cause problems I worked very hard to avoid with Patreon.

Or third party patch/set relationship. Dumb. Nonsense. Landlady crap.
The kind of stuff I got shit for doing in the first place.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I was pleasantly surprised to see that Steam allows incest. But if I run along with it, it will cause problems I worked very hard to avoid with Patreon.

Or third party patch/set relationship. Dumb. Nonsense. Landlady crap.
The kind of stuff I got shit for doing in the first place.
Really with Steam? Yeah, I know, there is a misconception, but unless your models look, well you know, and a dog isn't bending someone over, along with forced stuff, Steam doesn't mind.

Don't you already do that with Patreon , technically, since it's not there, and off-site.

So, I guess if you want the safest route possible, the change relations, or patch route (patch for Patreon version) would be the safest approach. I mean it's not the worst thing, Steam version would be un-altered but Patreon would be bypassed by just added in a blank patch that enables it.

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Really with Steam? Yeah, I know, there is a misconception, but unless your models look, well you know, and a dog isn't bending someone over, along with forced stuff, Steam doesn't mind.

Don't you already do that with Patreon , technically, since it's not there, and off-site.

So, I guess if you want the safest route possible, the change relations, or patch route (patch for Patreon version) would be the safest approach. I mean it's not the worst thing, Steam version would be un-altered but Patreon would be bypassed by just added in a blank patch that enables it.
Just seen multiple cases of external official versions and “terms” on social media being used to advertise your stuff taken against you for review purposes.

website is an iron curtain, I have complete control if steve@patreon.com is trying to sneak his way in.

Anyway, it’s a risk. I’ve already sacrificed everything for my game so don’t really care ultimately. I always find my way

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Just seen multiple cases of external official versions and “terms” on social media being used to advertise your stuff taken against you for review purposes.

website is an iron curtain, I have complete control if steve@patreon.com is trying to sneak his way in.

Anyway, it’s a risk. I’ve already sacrificed everything for my game so don’t really care ultimately. I always find my way
Yeah, but don't think the Steam thing will really be much to worry about. Whatever you end up with, very few games that I give money to (I compress it, but don't leak it). Everyone does things their own way, , "fan-made" stuff, which usually resides here and then spreads, Discord channels, and so, and so on.

I'd say if anything beyond that is someone who doesn't like something you did, say, added, tags, and decides to go on a crusade.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Found a way to have a proper tier system on website for early releases.

Also today I opened a SteamWorks dev account to start working on a page.

Now we need to find right balance between patrons early releases, Steam model, flooding promotion everywhere possible and counter abusive fast leaks best I can.

I'm glad you found a way to have a proper tier system on Patreon (sorry if it's been shit before)

Super happy that you opened a Dev account to start working on a Steam page! (let me calm down a bit for the next part)

Grr, Patreon is such a pain in the ass. Subscribstar, same situation?

Hmm, some Devs release their games update a week or so earlier than the Steam version (can't remember the exact amount of time)

Steam model = I think it should be in Early Access. Since the game isn't completed yet and I don't think it needs any Seasons or whatever. I don't really know how many updates are left though, since you're the only person that knows when the story will end. I think this is the best model.

Hopefully you'll figure out the answers/solutions you need with all of this. Still, I am stoked to hear about the Steam Dev account. I really want to buy and own this game on there already lol. I'm impatient.

I wish things were much smoother and easier for you. I am sorry if it isn't... You can do it, I believe in you.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
Personally for Steam, I’m all for buy once and free till completion delayed from patron release.
And cheap ~7.69 US mcnuggies unless Vision knock some sense into me. :ROFLMAO:

I am more concerned with what a Steam release will do to your inclusion of music. Steam doesn't hesitate to give in to copyright claims.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

What about subscribestar? Less hassle than patreon. You can have both at the same time, until (I hope not) if patreon bans you.

Reactions: Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
What about subscribestar? Less hassle than patreon. You can have both at the same time, until (I hope not) if patreon bans you.
SS is far better than Patreon. Even as just a consumer it's less hassle when it comes to billing and other things like that.

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I am more concerned with what a Steam release will do to your inclusion of music. Steam doesn't hesitate to give in to copyright claims.
All of it gone yeah, replaced by boring copyright-free ones.
SS is far better than Patreon. Even as just a consumer it's less hassle when it comes to billing and other things like that.

It’s new

4.40 star(s) 103 Votes