4.40 star(s) 103 Votes

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
All of it gone yeah, replaced by boring copyright-free ones.

It’s new
F*ck that, Red Lucy on Steam - but without the awesome homebrew music? That is a severe loss in this type of game.

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
We’re preparing an itch.io paid release that stays the same as this version because honestly, I don’t care about itch’s opinion.

As for Steam, still sent an inquiry but to my knowledge, incest is not allowed. So landlady it is.

For music I sent some requests around to interesting artists for reasonable licensing. There is no way I’m putting overpriced corporate shiny happy people guitar crap in Red Lucy.

Reactions: Acsuka and Trojaner

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
We’re preparing an itch.io paid release that stays the same as this version because honestly, I don’t care.

As for Steam, still sent an inquiry but to my knowledge, incest is not allowed. So landlady it is.

For music I sent some requests around to interesting artists for reasonable licensing. Because there is no way I’m putting overpriced corporate shiny happy people guitar crap in Red Lucy.
Oh incest is definitely allowed, both of Perveteer's games is on Steam ;)

Reactions: sava75

razvicool00

Apr 28, 2022
We’re preparing an itch.io paid release that stays the same as this version because honestly, I don’t care about itch’s opinion.

For music I sent some requests around to interesting artists for reasonable licensing. There is no way I’m putting overpriced corporate shiny happy people guitar crap in Red Lucy.
There are plenty of incest games on itch.io so it should be fine imo, I mean sisterly lust is like top 50 adult games played there. And the music copyright sucks for steam. Your choice of music is so well placed sometimes I just stay on a render and listen to the end, really immersive. In the end I hope you find a solution, good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Filipis

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018

Have a go at . All his music is free to use and he has a very wide variety of styles etc. He has been my go-to for several years whenever i looked for stuff like this.

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
but to my knowledge, incest is not allowed. So landlady it is.
Oh incest is definitely allowed, both of Perveteer's games is on Steam ;)
Yeah, but his games let you name every character, while others let you define the relationships. Which is what I told "lefrench" to add into the game for the Steam version.

Edit: just wanted to post some screenshots of the info for some of the incest games I have on Steam.

Secret Summer & Picture Perfect both say

SecretSum.jpg

Thirty Days

Thirtydays.jpg

Sisterly Lust (I haven't played it on Steam yet)

SisterlyLust.jpg

Last edited:

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Have a go at . All his music is free to use and he has a very wide variety of styles etc. He has been my go-to for several years whenever i looked for stuff like this.
I could use classical flamenco guitar or 19th century piano pieces. But the music will progressively changes to more modern and there's plenty of lowkey bangers out there with zero coverage. Contacted a few, still waiting for answers and terms.
Though not sure if they're interested given the nature of my work. Or maybe...

Like him:

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
Like him:
J'entends un rythme mais je n'entends pas de mélodie, ce qui arrive si souvent dans la « musique » moderne. Ce n'est peut-être pas un bon choix.

I can hear a rythm but I can't hear any melody, which so often happens in modern “music”. Perhaps it's not a good choice.

:) Bon courage.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
J'entends un rythme mais je n'entends pas de mélodie, ce qui arrive si souvent dans la « musique » moderne. Ce n'est peut-être pas un bon choix.

I can hear a rythm but I can't hear any melody, which so often happens in modern “music”. Perhaps it's not a good choice.

:) Bon courage.
I only listened for a few minutes, but the melody is provided by the voices, not the instruments.

Reactions: Udayana

AC130

Aug 16, 2017
Great game LeFrench! That's one of the best game I've played for a very long time and I cannot wait to play the next versions to come.

I know that Patreon and other services take a decent cut out of payments, if I wanted to make a one time donation what would be the best way for you? (et idéalement en restant en euro pour éviter les commissions de change) PayPal?

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Great game LeFrench! That's one of the best game I've played for a very long time and I cannot wait to play the next versions to come.

I know that Patreon and other services take a decent cut out of payments, if I wanted to make a one time donation what would be the best way for you? (et idéalement en restant en euro pour éviter les commissions de change) PayPal?
Glad you like it :giggle:, we're re-opening Itch.io with a custom page. Just finished tonight, should be up in the coming days or tomorrow.
Paid releases will be by chapters with a free demo while we wait for a proper steam launch soon.

Also making a fully animated trailer, or more like a "sneak peek" for all markets.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Ye know what, it's up now.

New Itch page

BaasB for OP
Wow, one of the nicest and fanciest Itch.io pages I've come across, and I have about 30 odd dev's followed, along with purchases. At least your page isn't all in ultra-violent pink/purple, with old English/italics and about gives you an aneurysm looking/reading their page.

Reactions: PickleSteve

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
LeFrench should v0.9 come out roughly when do you have an estimate?
With that July vacation I'm catching up as fast as I can but rendering computer is working 24/7 on those animations. We're going in the +20 anims territory this time with +1500 frames, some are long and complex with clothes physics.

Writing is done, scene environments are built and lighted up, now I just have to pose and render them away. Shouldn't be long.

Zazzu

Nov 13, 2020
Hello LeFrench ,
Thanks for sharing your game here.

I tried to play it, but each time I launch the game I got this error in the file "trackback.txt" :
Python:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/python-packages/disrpc.rpy", line 1, in script
    init -500 python:
    init -500 python:
  File "game/python-packages/disrpc.rpy", line 2, in <module>
    import discord_rpc
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LifoQueue'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/**/**/**/**/RedLucy-0.8a/RedLucy-0.8-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/**/**/**/**/RedLucy-0.8a/RedLucy-0.8-pc/renpy/main.py", line 560, in main
    renpy.game.context().run(node)
    init -500 python:
    init -500 python:
  File "/**/**/**/**/RedLucy-0.8a/RedLucy-0.8-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/**/**/**/**/RedLucy-0.8a/RedLucy-0.8-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/python-packages/disrpc.rpy", line 2, in <module>
    import discord_rpc
  File "/**/**/**/**/RedLucy-0.8a/RedLucy-0.8-pc/renpy/loader.py", line 985, in load_module
    exec(code, mod.__dict__)
  File "python-packages/discord_rpc/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 58, in <module>
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 65, in ConnectionPool
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LifoQueue'

Linux-5.15.0-78-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bookworm-sid
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Red Lucy 0.8
Fri Aug  4 16:18:48 2023
As you can see, I'm using Linux (Mint to be precise) and I tried to launch it with the ".sh" and with the windows ".exe" using wine and also adding the ".exe" in steam using proton compatibility mode but nothing changed, got the same error.
Did anyone help you out with this? I am running EndeavourOS (Arch based distro) and get the identical error.

I tried running it in a qemu virtual machine (both debian 12 and Fedora 38) and it ran. However, it was very slow with the graphics transitions taking a while, making the playing experience rather poor. I found a solution in running it in a DistroBox container. I used a debian12 container, copied the zip file into the container filespace (/usr/local/games), installed unzip, extracted the files, and then ran the .sh file. It ran just fine with native graphics speed and sound. You do have to execute the "xhost +si:localuser:$USER" command on the host before starting the container.

Hopefully this helps you out. I have a couple of other games giving me the same issue, and will try them out on DistroBox as well. I do not have this issue with most other games, and I don't know why Red Lucy and a couple of others do this.

4.40 star(s) 103 Votes