Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
damn you and now i really feel the need for another playthrough
You're welcome. :p

Well
Just played this for the first time (Thank for the recommendation @GhostPhil )
And i have to say honestly, i am pretty conflicted right now.
Couple negative points, couple positive points.
Lets start with the negatives.

Negatives
-The prologue... i don't mind that it's so long, some times it takes time to introduce a story and world.. But there were a couple moments where it was just plain boring and i was reading the dialogue like this:sleep::(. For example that First Loui phone conversation.
-The game seems to be in first gear for the first 2 hours, and then suddenly kicks into 7th gear with Fiona..... okay circumstances like being drunk were involved but still... Was 0 to 200 in 1 second. Way to fast for my liking.
-And obviously that there just isn't that much content after the prologue, but it's a 0.02 so that's not really a valid negative point but more a personal disappointment.

Postives
-Prii..... I don't think i need to say anything more... One of the cutest girls on this site. No question about it.
-Fiona, also a amazingly beautiful red headed woman.
-Of course the fact that this is a somewhat original story and scenario, so apart from those couple boring moments i mentioned above i wasn't really bored and actually enjoyed the rest of the dialogue.
-The assets used for the home location also looks very original and "one of a kind" so really enjoyed looking at at because of the amount of detail.
-The global map also looks very original, although i was kind of disappointed that everything was locked but again.. That was to be expected for a 0.02.

All in all, i actually don't know how i feel about this game.
I see that there is tremendous potential for this game and it can become of the better game on the internet, but right now it's just not there yet.
So i am going to pledge because i want to see what the future brings, but before playing this game i was thinking about $20, but i think it's going to be a $10 so i can see what is going to happen with the next update before deciding something different.

All above are obviously personal opinions and i respect that you might not agree with it, that's why it's a personal opinion ;)
Yeah, the prologue...
I understand that there are people who are actually enjoying it.
I wasn't.
I think a prologue should be short, crisp and arouse the player's curiosity.
It had the opposite effect on me.
Giving people the option to skip the intro completely is nothing but a band-aid because if I don't like an intro I usually won't continue playing the game - Reincarnotica is a rare exception to that rule.
It's a damn shame because I'm sure a lot of people were driven off by it.

Do not tempt me :sneaky:
*lasciviously poses in a [turquoise] sweater*

Last edited:
U

User_51567

Yeah, the prologue...
I understand that there are people who are actually enjoying it.
I wasn't.
I think a prologue should be short, crisp and arouse the player's curiosity.
It had the opposite effect on me.
Giving people the option to skip the intro completely is nothing but a band-aid, because if I don't like an intro I usually won't continue playing the game - Reincarnotica is a rare exception to that rule.
It's a damn shame, because I'm sure a lot of people were driven off by it.
True, it always will be a case of personal preference.

And the length of a prologue should depend on what kind of game you are making.
A normal H content game should indeed have a short crisp prologue to get the players invested.

But a Adult game that's more focused on a story based on feelings should have a long prologue, because if you try to create a engaging story there are so many factors to introduce to a player... There you should take the time to explore the events that lead up to the point of the actual start of the game.. And a good story doesn't rush those things.

As far as the prologue from this game.
The idea is very good, and i love what he/she tried to accomplish.
But for me it seems that the most conversations are just a couple sentences to long.
Trick is to end a conversation at a high point, still have the players attention but he is still thinking about it in his head and wondering for more...
And in this game at most conversations during the end i was thinking "yeah...i know already.... Or... Can you please get to the point already".. And that's might be good writing for a book, but for a game that's just bad scene creating.

But i can understand that most people on this site are complete off this game because of that prologue.
95% people on this site just want to hit start and have H content in 5 minutes.
I love a good story, i need a good story..... And there is a good story in place here, it only needs some trimming and someone who knows something about script/scene writing ;)

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
True, it always will be a case of personal preference.

And the length of a prologue should depend on what kind of game you are making.
A normal H content game should indeed have a short crisp prologue to get the players invested.

But a Adult game that's more focused on a story based on feelings should have a long prologue, because if you try to create a engaging story there are so many factors to introduce to a player... There you should take the time to explore the events that lead up to the point of the actual start of the game.. And a good story doesn't rush those things.

As far as the prologue from this game.
The idea is very good, and i love what he/she tried to accomplish.
But for me it seems that the most conversations are just a couple sentences to long.
Trick is to end a conversation at a high point, still have the players attention but he is still thinking about it in his head and wondering for more...
And in this game at most conversations during the end i was thinking "yeah...i know already.... Or... Can you please get to the point already".. And that's might be good writing for a book, but for a game that's just bad scene creating.

But i can understand that most people on this site are complete off this game because of that prologue.
95% people on this site just want to hit start and have H content in 5 minutes.
I love a good story, i need a good story..... And there is a good story in place here, it only needs some trimming and someone who knows something about script/scene writing ;)
I'm with you.

I mostly play these games for their (hopefully) engaging story, dialogue and characters - if it's sexy, it's a plus.
And if a game is really well written, I don't even care if there's nudity or not.

The intro of Reincarnotica contributes to the story, but in my opinion the dev could have easily axed 80% of the jabbering without losing the essence of what he actually wanted to tell.
It almost feels like two different guys wrote the dialogue for the intro and the second part of the game - the intro feels like a heap of verbose nonsense while the dialogue in the second part of the game is intriguing and on point.

Though I have to admit that I easily get bored once a story descends into a fantasy setting.
I have the same problem when playing "Wicked Choices" - I enjoy the realistic scenes while the fantasy scenes hardly keep me interested.

Last edited:
U

User_51567

I'm with you.

I mostly play these games for their (hopefully) engaging story, dialogue and characters - if it's sexy, it's a plus.
And if a game is really well written, I don't even care if there's nudity or not.

The intro of Reincarnotica contributes to the story, but in my opinion the dev could have easily axed 80% of the jabbering without losing the essence of what he actually wanted to tell.
It almost feels like two different guys wrote the dialogue for the intro and the second part of the game - the intro feels like a heap of verbose nonsense while the dialogue in the second part of the game is intriguing and on point.

Though I have to admit, that I easily get bored once a story descends into a fantasy setting.
I have the same problem when playing "Wicked Choices" - I enjoy the realistic scenes while the fantasy scenes hardly keep me interested.
I have this give this game 1 thing though.

It's been a long while that i have been invested in explaining my thoughts of a game..
And i am actually still thinking about it for the last couple hours (ok, that's party because @GhostPhil avatar keeps popping up everywhere i look^^).
This game has me in it's claws, no doubt about it.... Hell i am even bummed out because i was done with the game...

But i pledged and will see what happens in 2019 ;)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I edit the MC's name back and forth from brother to son depending on which one he's talking to. Eunha has cute eyes.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
*lasciviously poses in a [turquoise] sweater*
I am telling you the turquoise sweater is Prii's hottest piece of clothing. Nothing fits her better. :love:

I edit the MC's name back and forth from brother to son depending on which one he's talking to. Eunha has cute eyes.
But... but... this doesn't even fit the story o_O

It's been a long while that i have been invested in explaining my thoughts of a game..
And i am actually still thinking about it for the last couple hours (ok, that's party because @GhostPhil avatar keeps popping up everywhere i look^^).
This game has me in it's claws, no doubt about it.... Hell i am even bummed out because i was done with the game...

But i pledged and will see what happens in 2019 ;)
Hehe as I am telling everyone, Prii is gonna conquer the world! That little devil will rule over us all! :devilish:

U

User_51567

But... but... this doesn't even fit the story o_O

Hehe as I am telling everyone, Prii is gonna conquer the world! That little devil will rule over us all! :devilish:
Ah well.. We both know that some people over here lack logic.....

Yeah, i am starting to believe you...
I really hope that they don't screw her up in the future :(..

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
how many times you want to have this discussion Phili? talking about it so much wont change a thing...you know how it works and Prii will always have a mother and there is only one queen:love:
Well Fi is the Queen Mother that's true, but she only watches her daughter do her thing. She doesn't need to achieve anything, especially nothing she already achieved in the past ;)
At some point you have to let the youth do their things :sneaky:

U

User_51567

how many times you want to have this discussion Phili? talking about it so much wont change a thing...you know how it works and Prii will always have a mother and there is only one queen:love:
Yeah... I have to agree with @GhostPhil here..
Prii will rule everything... Fiona might be the queen.... But Prii is the goddess of cuteness ;)

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
Well Fi is the Queen Mother that's true, but she only watches her daughter do her thing. She doesn't need to achieve anything, especially nothing she already achieved in the past ;)
At some point you have to let the youth do their things :sneaky:
Yeah... I have to agree with @GhostPhil here..
Prii will rule everything... Fiona might be the queen.... But Prii is the goddess of cuteness ;)
i see im alone in this fight, but no matter my love for fiona will give me strenght, ofcourse Pri is cute, i like her a lot myself but you both are investing in something you dont even know, we have no real idea what Pri is all about and what her story will be...and i dont belive 'Poly' can top what he done with fiona....but you know what i like you both very much and i feel generous when it come to the people i like...sooo ...so be it i aloud you two to win this thing...i just want fiona even without her crown:love:

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Hmm, okay the intro is very Dense. Probably best to start where you wake up in the Hospital and over time with some searching you find Clue's/Memories/Flashbacks, and what not.

Possible to rewrite/redo the intro, but everything still very bare bones(except for the intro ofc), and at this point most Players are rather waiting/looking for new content. Then again you could re-use existing assets and split it at least into 4 parts. But no rush here.

And for the redheads, they are pretty much perfect as Gingers. Looks/Freckles and even the damn Expressions are hitting the right spot. Hopefully you'll create other scenarios where they give certain adorable and other diabolical types of looks. It be a waste not to.

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018

Heh, if you see me nagging about a game, it usually means I like it.
I wouldn't even bother to write any form of criticism about a game I don't care about.

I am telling you the turquoise sweater is Prii's hottest piece of clothing. Nothing fits her better. :love:
That's a nice little detail I really like and appreciate about Reincarnotica - both Fi and Prii have their distinctive colour themes, which are displayed in their clothing, but also in the design of their rooms.

Last edited:

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Redheads Usually Look great in Blue/Green Also Purple can work really well. And i wish i still had a source from ancient Tumblr a Redhead in a really nice Yellow Tight dress, felt like an exception to the rule of sorts.

Reactions: GhostPhil

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
That's a nice little detail I really like and appreciate about Reincarnotica - both Fi and Prii have their distinctive colour themes, which are displayed in their clothing, but also in the design of their rooms.
yeah it was minor detail for some but for me it had very big impact and the whole experience was something else

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Don't forget about Aanya with her purple color coded clothings and house ;)
And I agree that the whole color coding is something what makes this game unique :)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
The night that you can peek on Fiona in the bathroom at night time her bedroom is locked but it also says that she's in the bathroom and that he shouldn't peek on her again.

One spot when helping her in the backyard MC's name is used instead of hers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I usually also edit some of the text in a game to make it logical.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Shubhamchodq
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes