fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
Sure, you are right, someone spends time and money creating something, posts it on their Patreon, and does not expect to make money with it. Do you think before writing? And the typical "is his story" is not an intelligent comment either, a good developer must find a balance between what he wants to create and what the public wants to consume.
I didn't said those devs (which exist, I know a concrete example) didn't expect to make money at all, just that it was not their priority. I don't see what is hard to understand honestly. Some really just want to make the story they had in mind, despite how "unbelievable" you may find it, it's a fact.
Wether it's this dev's case here or not, it's his priorities not ours. The same way following the public has nothing to with being a good writer or a good director, it also has nothing to do with creating good games. What you describe is how to make money, how to reach a large audience. Your reasoning would be like saying only hollywood movies have good directors, because they give most people what they want (well at least they're supposed to...) and don't emphasize much creative liberty.
But I figured creative liberty really wasn't something anybody cared in this thread.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I didn't said those devs (which exist, I know a concrete example) didn't expect to make money at all, just that it was not their priority. I don't see what is hard to understand honestly. Some really just want to make the story they had in mind, despite how "unbelievable" you may find it, it's a fact.
Wether it's this dev's case here or not, it's his priorities not ours. The same way following the public has nothing to with being a good writer or a good director, it also has nothing to do with creating good games. What you describe is how to make money, how to reach a large audience. Your reasoning would be like saying only hollywood movies have good directors, because they give most people what they want (well at least they're supposed to...) and don't emphasize much creative liberty.
But I figured creative liberty really wasn't something anybody cared in this thread.
so he made the poll post about NTR or Vanilla because he wants people to tell him how to do creative writing right?
=)))))))))))

fabulous007

Dec 30, 2019
so he made the poll post about NTR or Vanilla because he wants people to tell him how to do creative writing right?
That's why I wrote " Wether it's this dev's case here or not ". I was replying to Kalsan's comment, not really assuming it was the case for this dev in particular.
That being said, where the hell did he do that ntr/vanilla poll ?

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I do wonder for how long will he keep the poll? So far the vanilla (hate that term) side is winning by a wide margin, although considering that some people voted for NTR he will try to please both by keeping the content and just make it optional.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I do wonder for how long will he keep the poll? So far the vanilla (hate that term) side is winning by a wide margin, although considering that some people voted for NTR he will try to please both by keeping the content and just make it optional.
Again, the problem is that a big part of the game is NTR right now. He needs to change a lot of the game even to make it optional (unless he just makes it skippable but not avoidable, which would solve nothing at this point)

I have been tricked by this Dev enough times, i think this is just another smokescreen and nothing will change

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Not only would he need to change a lot of the game to go a harem+romance route the other problem is that all his 6 patreons probably are NTR fans and a lot of people already ignore the game because of the NTR so they don't even know of the poll so they don't vote otherwise it would be even more votes for vanilla.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
It does not, depending on what you call ntr (I'll count swinging as ntr, since you guys usually do that). A lot of successful games have it, even if it's rarely the main feature. It's notable though, that Reload didn't attract those interested in ntr until now, so maybe there are other problems in the game too.
Most devs that are already successful and that do hesitate about including this kind of stuff do polls to know if their patrons want or mind the ntr (they legitimately think it's more sensible than the opinions on f95). The dev of farmer dream did it some times ago, and noticed that in the end, those against it are a (very) loud minority. In his community at least.
I don't get why you guys want the market to be homogenous with only the same games (in your own image) everywhere. Talk about boring. If a game doesn't fit your taste, try another one.
I'd add regarding the game of this thread, Reload, that many of you don't seem to realize that not all devs care about money, as far as I understand he just wanted to make this story. Your arguments about "how much he could make if blablabla" seem to be of zero interest for him, he just want to make his game, not yours. But you guys are free to spend your lives here complaining.
You're one ignorant fella coming here acting all mature and stuff. Dev said it's a romance based harem game and all the fetishes including ntr is completely avoidable. But he delivers something completely reversed. So that's the compliment is about.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
I understand your point and creative freedom is very important and in the unattainable utopia the artist would be totally free to do whatever he wants, but the reality is that people do not eat creativity freedom, they do not pay rent with creative freedom, Every creator has to, to a greater or lesser extent, bend to the demands of his consumer. But that's not entirely negative either, you can be creative and innovative and still not piss off the majority. Do you understand my point right?

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
In addition, many of us who are complaining do so not because the game has ntr, but because the developer put something that promised that it would be avoidable in a forced way and on top of it a fetish that the community that likes the harem romance genre does not usually like.

Reactions: BTLD and Jsd16

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
apparently vanila won but he will continue with the ntr (n)

did he made a post about it? it would be nice to know his reasoning, if there is any.

I read the post, he said that he knew that vanilla would win, but since some people voted for NTR he will continue to make the game the same way, if he would do the same thing regardless then why bother making a poll? , I estimate this game will be abandoned before the end of the year, he missed the point entirely so get ready boys the MC still a beta cuck and that's how the author wants him so don't expect anything from this game

Last edited:

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
I returned to this thread and saw a link to a poll from developer. And now I looked at the post from him. And now I don't quite understand why he did the survey, if he had already decided everything for himself a long time ago, to troll people even more? Well, ok, I honestly wanted to give the developer a chance (another), but apparently it's not destiny for this to happen.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
At this point he is just trolling you guys, he baited everyone with the empty promise of Harem/Romance.. even if he delivers noone that would be interested in those themes will be around to play it because of the conflicting themes, plus he made clear what the main theme is after the poll.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I just read his post and fucking hell he didn't learn anything he will only give the option for NTR or no NTR in episode 4 so a total waste of time because why would someone who hates NTR drag himself through 3 episodes with NTR where is the fucking point all LI are already ruined at that point why go after them after that.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
At this point he is just trolling you guys, he baited everyone with the empty promise of Harem/Romance.. even if he delivers noone that would be interested in those themes will be around to play it because of the conflicting themes, plus he made clear what the main theme is after the poll.
I said it in a another post that this game is just the dev trolling people so lets just assume he´s a trolling creator and just have a laugh with the next update, fortunately only a few people buy the click bait so not much is lost here.

I would suggest that the op gets a warning saying there is no romance or harem here so that people don't get their hopes up when the next update shows up.

2.50 star(s) 19 Votes