SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Yeah, I was thinking of Auntie Lillian. Though I could swear the MC referred to Alvara as auntie at one point.

I am sure Alvara is the one we'll be rioting to see more of, though.
Actually no they got no bond at all Alvara is an Amazonian princess if i remember correct and Alvara's mother and MC's mother have a deal about something it's not revealed now Alvara is just a protector and teacher figure to MC no blood bound

Reactions: Zivairs

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Finally, back home, sorry if I missed some of these questions. I’ll get to them as I find them.

Zivairs

Earlier, you mentioned that you originally wanted to send Alvara away. Were you thinking of sending her away permanently, or would she have made a return as a central part of the story later on?

If you were really going to send her away to be forgotten, then all I have to say to you is that you're a damn monster! :mad:(n)What's wrong with you?! :eek:

With that aside, I'm quite curious about how the original outline of your story would proceed without her presence. Currently, she seems to play a significant role in helping to drive the plot. Did you originally plan for someone else to take her place, and would the story be dramatically different in comparison to what it is now?
Yes, it was going to be permanently, much later on in the story, the MC would have heard news of the Queen(Alvara’s Mother) passing away. Which would have to lead the MC to go to the Amazon Islands to pay his respects. Where we would have met up with Alvara again and seen how she was doing, after talking and the funeral, they would have gone their separate ways again, with the MC opening the Portal again, as a parting gift.

My girlfriend didn’t like this version very much, she thought it was too sad and did touch on Alvara’s feels enough. So she made me scrap that idea and keep her original plotline, which I’m fine with. I just hope everyone will enjoy it.

So i was sitting back and thinking, there's a lot of Gods in this game and i was wondering if there's a Yahweh/Brahma creator god equivalent here or should i ask who's The First/Elder god.

If there isn't one then is there some all powerful source from which all gods and power emerged. An example would be something like Brahman. I understand that different myths have different creation myths so i was curious what would be this story overall Creation myth from all beings in the Universe.

I noticed a Void was mentioned as well so i was curious how that factored into it seeing as the God(esses) return to it. So would that make The Void the source of all things. I'm genuinely intrigued about this story as much as i am about the sex. I'd say I'm 75/25 Story/Sex... Ok i lied it's about 65/35 but The LORE!!!
The Void is the Creator and Graveyard of all Gods, it was a spontaneous event that lead to the Gods ‘birth’ from the Void. First, there were the Primordial Deities followed closely by the Ancient Myths(The Great Horned Tortoise, Platinum Dragons, Chaotic Elements.) But the Gods will always want to keep their power so they needed followers, so the Primordials created children(Lesser Gods), which in turn created children of their own. The Void grew annoyed with the actions of its accidental creations, so it started to devour its own ‘children’ and ‘Grandchildren’ however, because of the belief that its Grandchildren had, they were able to break free from it and return to the universes they had created.

In its anger, the Void created one last being using one of its Grandchildren’s creation to embody the power of a Primordial but without the need for worshippers, so that it may rid the Void of all its annoyances/mistakes but with the weakness that it will still be devoured in the end.

so I just finished the recent chapter, and this is the first time I am checking this game out. I love it, the story is great, I love how it has that luicfer DC comic vibe to it, yet with a total twist (with the MC being a lot nicer and less of a douche than luicfer). though the one thing I must ask is if the choices made have any impact at all? I've saved at each point and replayed each one to see what the outcomes were to see what changes. but it doesnt seem to have much of a change in the short time.

what I did notice is that most of the choices are more like "do you want to see this sex scene with this character or not" which I am totally fine with. making this game more of a linear game with optional scenes. with how the story is written I feel this is a great thing.

but I wanted to ask since there is no walkthrough and there are a ton of choices (I think I had 5 pages full and this isnt including some choices that just seems obviously are just personal preference) if there are actual major branching paths that would alter the story in some way?

I just didnt want to go through every different permutation to figure it out and find out that I wasted my time just to see that I already saw everything. this is my one and only gripe about games without a walkthrough, that if they have so many choices that it takes forever to figure out all the different paths if you dont know where are all the major branches are. but if there are no major branches then this is just perfectly fine. I kind of wish there were tags for these to say what kind of games these are.

for example I'd call this more of a streamline game. follows one simple path with optional detours but will always end up back on the main path.
or Tree path games, where there are multiple branches that split off to start a whole different story line which could also have other many splits as well.
or open world events, where you just have an open map you can discover things and then events happen depending on where you go, but there never isn't really a wrong path, you just need to keep finding these events.

this would help a ton with players to know how much content we should be expecting and if its worth replaying it for other story paths.
This is mostly a liner VN as it’s my first one and I don’t want to overburden myself with too many stories going on. But there are a few differences, Vanessa has two stories depending on if you are with her or not, Katsumi also has two. And there are a few dialog changes and renders with an extra person in them depending on your actions(Sammy, can either be captured by the Counts or not.)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
good game with great plot and very nice humor (would say good but 1 other game has better).

any1 have links to ch 1-3? starting on ch4 felt like starting in the middle of story (and xmas special made it even more confusing since marena got hlam on ch 4).

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
good game with great plot and very nice humor (would say good but 1 other game has better).

any1 have links to ch 1-3? starting on ch4 felt like starting in the middle of story (and xmas special made it even more confusing since marena got hlam on ch 4).
the links contain all previous chapters.

Reactions: Zivairs and Haast

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018

I think you're confusing yourself maybe. the 3 links there are the following, the first is the main game. this is currently at chapter 4 part 1, it contains all of it. its not like other games where each chapter is self containing.

the second one is a prequel side story where you learn a little more back story but has nothing to do with the main game, other than telling the story of what happened in the beginning. this is a self contain game that is played on it's own.

and Im sure you guessed it, but the christmas story is the same as the prequel story. a self contain story that has no effect on the main one.

Reactions: Zivairs and Haast

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I see, thx for explaining but still feels bit like starting in the middle of story (due those flashbacks and mc knowing all kind of ppls and creatures already).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I see, thx for explaining but still feels bit like starting in the middle of story (due those flashbacks and mc knowing all kind of ppls and creatures already).
He's been in that world since he was a child, he was born into it so he would know all those creatures. His bodyguard as a child was an Amazonian and his family are quite powerful mages.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Actually no they got no bond at all Alvara is an Amazonian princess if i remember correct and Alvara's mother and MC's mother have a deal about something it's not revealed now Alvara is just a protector and teacher figure to MC no blood bound
Yeah. That's been mentioned TWICE already. But thanks for adding another "well, actually", really encourages people to discuss.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SecretDesire

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
You ARE starting in the middle of the story. This is a classic tactic for storytellers (i.e. authors, movie script writers, game devs, etc.). It creates a suspense for understanding 'how the heck did we get here?'. I understand how it can be frustrating and disorienting trying to understand a world setting unlike anything you've encountered before, without some solid background and explanation.

What is the alternative? A long intro at the start explaining what the world is like, and what's happened to you, with another history lesson each time a new character is introduced? Most people would not enjoy that very much. (Years ago, most cg games took that approach and it resulted in people just skimming/skipping the first parts to get to the action). If this were being done by a major game studio, they'd have some sort of database (called a journal, archive, or something like that) in the game where you could read up on the world details and backstory at your leisure. But that'd be a lot of work for a single developer or even a small team.

Finally, this is kind of the only way Kyois can create any real suspense. You're playing a god of gods, there's never really going to be any doubt about what will happen to the MC, in present day.

If there are some details or aspects you're having trouble understanding, feel free to ask. If your fellow players can't answer, the dev definitely can (or at least explain that it's going to be covered at a later point in the game, i.e. would be a spoiler).

Reactions: Zivairs

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
no questions since finished current version a while ago. on 1 website had chapter 3 available to dl but couldn't find ch 1-2 so asked @ f95.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Eagle(Zeus)?, maybe I'm looking into mythology a little to much lol
More likely one of your relatives familiars. The gods are all busy at a party right now, and Zeus would know better than to mess with an awakened Archon (he couldn't handle a titan, nevermind a being made to slay gods).

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Didn't Zeus kill Kronos, the King of Titans and his Father effectively continuing the cycle of Patricide/Prophecy since Kronos killed his Father Uranus.........also maybe the Archon does that too..Here's hoping ;)
Besides Zeus main job is to mess with Prophecies..
More likely one of your relatives familiars. The gods are all busy at a party right now, and Zeus would know better than to mess with an awakened Archon (he couldn't handle a titan, nevermind a being made to slay gods).

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Didn't Zeus kill Kronos, the King of Titans and his Father effectively continuing the cycle of Patricide since Kronos killed his Father Uranus.........also maybe the Archon does that too..Here's hoping ;)
He imprisoned him in Tartarus, but yeah, the point is that Zeus won.
I thought his main job was banging any woman he sets his eyes on and spawning demi-gods left and right...

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
A hidden gem that could shine more with the proper future polishment
I was scared that all characters and plot presented that quick would strangle the quality but is going well and with a good quantity of content for a currently 4chapter game.
I played this game believing it will be a side distraction while others games get an update but now im hyped for more updates of this game.
Good luck Devs!

Fav character are: Nessa and Alvara
MvP: Sammy !!

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Didn't Zeus kill Kronos, the King of Titans and his Father effectively continuing the cycle of Patricide/Prophecy since Kronos killed his Father Uranus.........also maybe the Archon does that too..Here's hoping ;)
As another user mentioned, Zeus just imprisoned the titan because he wasn't powerful enough to kill them (Chronos, by contrast, DID kill his own father). Also, it's well established as part of the scenario that the Archon (when awakened) is more powerful than any of the gods (he seems to make them very nervous).

Zeus CAN definitely interfere with the Archons plans, and cause a great deal of annoyance. However, in a direct confrontation, Zeus would lose pretty badly. (Did you read the dev's post a few pages back about the origin of the gods (in this game) and the role of the Abyss in the story? Much of my assertion is based on that explanation.)

Of course, this is all just speculation (sort of like debating who'd win in a fight between Kong Kong and Godzilla). We'll see how it plays out as the story progresses.

You know a game is good when fans are debating like this about the story possibilities. I half-suspect Kyois watches these debates and is basically letting us write the story for him. :LOL:

Zivairs

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
As another user mentioned, Zeus just imprisoned the titan because he wasn't powerful enough to kill them (Chronos, by contrast, DID kill his own father). Also, it's well established as part of the scenario that the Archon (when awakened) is more powerful than any of the gods (he seems to make them very nervous).

Zeus CAN definitely interfere with the Archons plans, and cause a great deal of annoyance. However, in a direct confrontation, Zeus would lose pretty badly. (Did you read the dev's post a few pages back about the origin of the gods (in this game) and the role of the Abyss in the story? Much of my assertion is based on that explanation.)

Of course, this is all just speculation (sort of like debating who'd win in a fight between Kong Kong and Godzilla). We'll see how it plays out as the story progresses.

You know a game is good when fans are debating like this about the story possibilities. I half-suspect Kyois watches these debates and is basically letting us write the story for him. :LOL:
In some stories, Chronos didn’t kill his Father but castrated him. Because he (Ouranos God of the Sky) didn’t let Gaea(Earth) birth her children, they had to continue living in her womb because Ouranos kept pushing up against her, and they(the children) couldn’t live on the surface because they would be suffocated by him.

And I very much like reading these theories, and if they do give me an idea or provide creative inspiration. I’d likely message the individual and talk with them on the idea, as I’ve done before.

4.60 star(s) 69 Votes