RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I bought a new PC recently, but after setting it up, the old program I used to create and edit quest for Renryuu isn't working properly anymore. Since I was considering to replace it with another program for a long time, I feel like it's a good moment and reason to finally make the change. (Even though it means I have to manually edit the ~200 quests in the game.)
In the process, I can also update the quests in the wiki, and add the "!" icons above the quest givers.

The following screenshots show what the system looks like by default. It also comes with a feature to show a little quest box in the top right of the screen as a quest reminder.

Since I have to re-make all quests for the system anyway, I was wondering what the best way to group them into categorys would be?
By type: Main story/Character story/Battle/Gathering/Riddle/Search/Destroy/Delivery
By difficulty (level you should have based on the area where the quest takes place)
By country where you get the quest
By "importance"

What do you think would be the best type of categorys?

Quest log 1.png Quest log 2.png Quest log 3.png

MiKaEl90

Jun 25, 2017
I bought a new PC recently, but after setting it up, the old program I used to create and edit quest for Renryuu isn't working properly anymore. Since I was considering to replace it with another program for a long time, I feel like it's a good moment and reason to finally make the change. (Even though it means I have to manually edit the ~200 quests in the game.)
In the process, I can also update the quests in the wiki, and add the "!" icons above the quest givers.

The following screenshots show what the system looks like by default. It also comes with a feature to show a little quest box in the top right of the screen as a quest reminder.

Since I have to re-make all quests for the system anyway, I was wondering what the best way to group them into categorys would be?
By type: Main story/Character story/Battle/Gathering/Riddle/Search/Destroy/Delivery
By difficulty (level you should have based on the area where the quest takes place)
By "importance"

View attachment 2999538 View attachment 2999539 View attachment 2999540
I would prefer type but that's just me. A combo of type-country would be in my opinion the best but it might be a bit too much work for you. I don't like the difficulty option, let players learn on their own if they can handle the quest or not, everything is a bit too easy anyway now since switching between party members was implemented.

Fer99

Jun 10, 2018
I can't progress Trey and Brad quests, which guy at fürstenstein should i talk to? I already got the tiara but no one is saying anything particular

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I can't progress Trey and Brad quests, which guy at fürstenstein should i talk to? I already got the tiara but no one is saying anything particular
You might be missing the marriage quest. You need to finish it before you can advance those events, which means you have to finish the wedding with one character.

Reactions: Fer99

Fer99

Jun 10, 2018
You might be missing the marriage quest. You need to finish it before you can advance those events, which means you have to finish the wedding with one character.
Oh I thought I only had to have the possibility to marry someone, not that I had to actually marry someone else before, thanks

Vaars

May 6, 2021
What operating system are you using?
What version of the game did you download?
Did you use my official download links for the download?
Is the game unpacked from the .zip container?
Make sure the game is not on a usb-stick or in a write-protected folder location.
I tried two more Angles, by starting the two Files in the Linux-Folder using wine/RPGM. neither worked, I attached the Terminal Output as Images.

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I tried two more Angles, by starting the two Files in the Linux-Folder using wine/RPGM. neither worked, I attached the Terminal Output as Images.
I'm afraid I can't help with Linux, as I only use Windows myself, and don't have a linux system to test and troubleshoot things.
Based on what I saw on google, wine was used for older RPG maker games on Linux, but shouldn't be necessary for RPG Maker MV games, since they have a linux export option by default in the maker.
Maybe there is an alternative way to open the windows version of the game on your linux system, similar to how joiplay can be used to start the windows version on an android system?
Sorry that I can't be of more help with your problem.

libra78

Jan 30, 2022

By "importance"

View attachment 2999538 View attachment 2999539 View attachment 2999540
I would do by type. But, if possible, maybe include the other things inside the quest description?

Also would like to know what software/editors you're going to use...I'm looking for one myself too

RyenSaotome

Game Developer
May 12, 2018
I would do by type. But, if possible, maybe include the other things inside the quest description?

Also would like to know what software/editors you're going to use...I'm looking for one myself too
The plugin is simply Yanfly's quest journal:

Reactions: libra78

Fer99

Jun 10, 2018
This is not an 100% save but it's still more than the one linked in op, all characters unlocked (apart from monstergirls) but not all scenes

Reactions: satogj17

NewAssInTown

May 27, 2023
You need to speak with Knocky, the blacksmith in the elf village Ebron.
The village doesn't appear on the worldmap until you have Mirel in your party when speaking with the elf at the blacksmith of Aldlyn to let him show you the way to Ebron.
Where to find Mirel? Or who is Mirel? Or how is Mirel?

divertox

Jul 2, 2023
How long will it take to do 100% of this game without using any cheats? And what paths would you take to get EXP and gold quickly?

4.10 star(s) 74 Votes