Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
thanks for picking up the project. im excited to see more of the game. Do you havea link for the latest version by the way? the mega . nz link i saw a few pages back doesnt seem to work
These links should be working:

You'll need all 4.

Reactions: jackkane and Maldus

oopoop

Mar 28, 2018
These links should be working:

You'll need all 4.
thanks!. im looking forward to the next patch

Hunapu

Nov 12, 2017
The mac version of the game won't open. Just get an error saying "The Application "Game" cannot be opened."

Never mind. Went back a few pages and figured it out. Anyone else having the problem open the application package, navigate to index.html, and run it in firefox.

Oof. I did run into another problem though. The resolution in firefox is too big, makes me scroll all over and the game is unplayable. Any way to adjust?
I ran into this too. The problem is that permissions aren't set correctly on the executables inside the app. They're missing the executable bit. I fixed it by doing a `chmod -R 755` to both the MacOS and Frameworks folders inside the app. The app runs normally after that.

Reactions: gusxxx

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Update:

I said some time before that I got a lot on my plate and that time to spend on RiC was scarce.
Now I hope to have sorted most things out and I'm trying to get into a rythm for working on RiC again.

Started with finishing Effie level 1 and it's working out quite nicely. After that I can build on these events and I hope to get into gear with these.

When I have finished all levels, I'll look at what date I'm at and then decide if I go for the messages as well (they are a lot of work) or that I implement them in the release after this one because that will be a smaller one. You would have to keep a low level save if you want these messages from the beginning.

And as always for your patience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

whynot112

Mar 5, 2018
I am glad you are focusing on Effie. Having her introduced and not developed was sad. The more possibilities the merrier in a game like this. We are all waiting patiently as that is the only way to wait for something that is worth waiting for.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
Update:

I said some time before that I got a lot on my plate and that time to spend on RiC was scarce.
Now I hope to have sorted most things out and I'm trying to get into a rythm for working on RiC again.

Started with finishing Effie level 1 and it's working out quite nicely. After that I can build on these events and I hope to get into gear with these.

When I have finished all levels, I'll look at what date I'm at and then decide if I go for the messages as well (they are a lot of work) or that I implement them in the release after this one because that will be a smaller one. You would have to keep a low level save if you want these messages from the beginning.

And as always for your patience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm just a lone voice Brother, but my vote would be, to go ahead and implement messages later. I've never minded playing this one all over again. Unless you think it would be too much to play without, as if you were playing it for the first time.
It really boils down to what you think, we're just along for the enjoyment of a great game Brother.
We waited this far, and will wait, till your satisfied with it either way..............Anyway much love for you brother.................Peace!!

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
I ran into this too. The problem is that permissions aren't set correctly on the executables inside the app. They're missing the executable bit. I fixed it by doing a `chmod -R 755` to both the MacOS and Frameworks folders inside the app. The app runs normally after that.
Thanks for the tip, it worked. For those unfamiliar with command line and have no idea how to this let me know.

But one question for other Mac users, can you save the game??? I can't and I think when I first tried the game coulnd't either.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Can someone inform me why I need two parts?

EDIT: Also, how do you merge them together? If thats the case.
You need both to get all the images and animations for the game.
Unpack both files into the same folder and let them overwrite when asked.

gusxxx

Nov 28, 2017
Can someone inform me why I need two parts?

EDIT: Also, how do you merge them together? If thats the case.
The game is split in two because it is too large.

After downloading both parts just unzip the first one and it (should) automatically find the second part and merge them.

Hunapu

Nov 12, 2017
Thanks for the tip, it worked. For those unfamiliar with command line and have no idea how to this let me know.

But one question for other Mac users, can you save the game??? I can't and I think when I first tried the game coulnd't either.
Yes. But, I started with 0.6.0.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes