Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Try the files I've posted .
I ran into the same error when I downloaded part 1 but didn't get it with part 2 and had no problems withe the game and as far as I could tell all the files were extracted.

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
Releases have always been seperate installations (one of the drawbacks of the RPGMV engine). Sometimes the saves could be copied from one release to a newer one.
The coming release will also be a seperate installation and old saves will NOT be compatible.
Thanks, now at least I am prepared to reïnstal and start over again:winkytongue:

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
is there a way to donate you some money?
i really like what you're doing (+don't care how long it takes)
Thanks for the offer and the reassurance ;)
But I've declared this 'project' now as being a hobby and so it can take time and money.

I just hope you will have as much fun playing this release as I have developing it.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
I've seen a few kindhearted people offering to support Dr.Smith financially for carrying on this project, he's always declined and stated that he's doing this a hobby and will be posting the next updates for free so he doesn't wish to take money from people because of this.

Which I can very much respect.

However!...

I know just how much Dr.Smith loves his coffee so I've set up a fueling station for him to get some of that real good stuff!

So if any of you are still interested, here is the link.

badwonder

Apr 28, 2017
This game is not going to be updated anymore, is it?
Mate he just answered your question few messages ago.

You've missed my saying I'm taking over from @Boomatica.
I'm now working on a release to get Shannon and Effie into the game. Progress is slow because I'm doing it in my spare time.
But there will be a new release!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Update:
Finished level 2 for Effie.
I ran into some problems with HSS causing some images to get a bit fuzzy. I fInally found the right settings but it would take too much time to redo those images, so I'll leave them as they are.
When I had some time to work on RiC but not enough for a whole event, I made a new 'App' (with some help from @Boomatica ): the exit game button. It makes quitting the game when in Full Screen mode much easier.
Tutorial.png

Now on to level 3!

And as always as thanks:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I'm wondering when the new part will be finished.. i love this game..takes up a lot of space, but it's worth it.
Me too ;)

I'm still learning as I go. Isn't it something new in RPGMV (new save system, Full Screen) then it's something new in HSS.
I'm constantly trying to improve my skills and with that the game. I'm taking my time though, I hate rushed jobs and the quality they mostly come with.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I love where its going so far!
This will not be in the coming release.
Nor is it certain that something like this will be in further coming releases.
It was just a quick setup for @Boomatica who wanted to see what I could do with the new found plugins.
And this was a scene that doesn't spoil (too) much for coming releases because there are scenes with Sarah and Chloe already in the game.

Reactions: kyosuke01

kyosuke01

Jul 22, 2017
This will not be in the coming release.
Nor is it certain that something like this will be in further coming releases.
It was just a quick setup for @Boomatica who wanted to see what I could do with the new found plugins.
And this was a scene that doesn't spoil (too) much for coming releases because there are scenes with Sarah and Chloe already in the game.
I know there is currently scenes with both chloe and sarah in game, but i love the fact that you were able to create something similar. it looked good and i am excited to see what you are able to create once you get the ball rolling! take your time of course as you have been but all in all, im just glad to see that this game still has life and importance to someone other than myself. I feel as though this little clip shows that at the very least. Regardless, keep up the good work Dr.Smith and i wish you the best of luck!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I know there is currently scenes with both chloe and sarah in game, but i love the fact that you were able to create something similar. it looked good and i am excited to see what you are able to create once you get the ball rolling! take your time of course as you have been but all in all, im just glad to see that this game still has life and importance to someone other than myself. I feel as though this little clip shows that at the very least. Regardless, keep up the good work Dr.Smith and i wish you the best of luck!
I didn't mean to come on strong, I just didn't want any misunderstandings about the content in the coming release(s).
And glad to see you like the game also!
I hope you enjoy my releases as much as I am enjoying working on them.
And I think there'll be a learning curve noticable in the content.

kyosuke01

Jul 22, 2017
I didn't mean to come on strong, I just didn't want any misunderstandings about the content in the coming release(s).
And glad to see you like the game also!
I hope you enjoy my releases as much as I am enjoying working on them.
And I think there'll be a learning curve noticable in the content.
You didnt come on strong at all. If it seemed that way from my posts then i apologize, its excitement, passion and anticipation that fueled my posts lol. im patiently waiting for the content but also eager to see your growth as a developer as well =D

j5LDC2TB

Sep 5, 2016
Hi DrSmith, you mentioned earlier about watching out for HS mods, I was wondering if you'd seen this, I don't know if it's any use, but I just thought I'd point it out.

Reactions: DrSmith
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes