Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi DrSmith, you mentioned earlier about watching out for HS mods, I was wondering if you'd seen this, I don't know if it's any use, but I just thought I'd point it out.
I've looked into this.
But it's just something to link different scenes in HSS together and make it look like a VN.
Nothing I can use to manipulate scenes with and later use in RPGMV for RiC.
But thanks anyway for keeping a lookout for plugins!

Bokken

Jun 14, 2017
I mentioned that I spend a lot of time searching for HSS plugins and experimented with them. It was all to be able to create something like this.
It's a quick/rough setup but you can guess where this will lead ;)
FUCK YA! looking great. This makes me really excited for a certain scene that got nodded at in game, something about a naughty little sister being caught riding her teddy. Her punishment for being a dirty little sister, getting dp'd with Mr teddy.
Although it would break my depraved black heart if you change from that Dr. Smith, I can tell this game is in good hands looking at this particular animation. Keep plugging away good sir.

No joke the first place my mind went when you said " you can guess where this will lead."

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
the fuck boomatica is under review again patreon dude can't catch a break can he.
Yes, his banner contained 'too much nudity'. He fixed it and some days ago, the page was ok'd. But the reviewer hasn't put the page back online :(

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
I wonder if for the other characters the story will be along the same line.. if so it would be a bit boring. I hope other characters will have their own way of how to be able to seduce/corrupt them.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I wonder if for the other characters the story will be along the same line.. if so it would be a bit boring. I hope other characters will have their own way of how to be able to seduce/corrupt them.
What do you mean by 'same line'?
The method of getting the women more affectionate with you, is making the right choices when interacting with them.
That won't change.
Other games also have a standard way of getting the NPC's to do what you want them to do ('words', 'glasses' or 'potions') occasionally accompanied by some side-quests and won't deviate from that (it's the main theme).

Now for this release, I started with Shannon and I have put a secret something in her story line, which is quite a bonus if you find it. But not a progress breaker.
For Effie I'm putting in more requirements from the MC (get money, repeat some events, don't choose the wrong answer) so you'll have to pay more attention to the story and choose when to interact with her.
Also there'll be different events for the same timeslot and an event can be influenced by the previous one.
And yes, there'll be consequences when missing out on a key event (do not worry, I will post a WT with the new release).
This all to make the gameplay more challenging and to avoid the feeling of having to grind (or at least reduce that feeling).

And also to avoid the boring bits; I'm experimenting with a plugin for HSS, so I can create my own animations in stead of using the default HSS ones which we've seen so often (also in other games).
My own animations may not (yet) look as slick as the default HSS ones, but it will offer new scenes and a fresh look on the h-events.

And of course, Shannon and Effie will have their own (new) kinks!

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
Sorry if you misunderstood, I really love the set up. I just had the idea that the starting procedure for new characters would also begin with hiding toilet paper and the like, hence i was hoping for a more challenging procedure then the first two. Please keep up the good work. I love it so far:extremelyhappy:

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Sorry if you misunderstood, I really love the set up. I just had the idea that the starting procedure for new characters would also begin with hiding toilet paper and the like, hence i was hoping for a more challenging procedure then the first two. Please keep up the good work. I love it so far:extremelyhappy:
Nope, no hiding toilet paper.
Shannon has similar events as Sarah (which you know from the 1st level events already in the game) but they'll have a twist.
For Effie there'll be more events because she can be approached at home or at work at the Coffee Bar. And these events will trigger some 'quests' or offer an opportunity for extra content.

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
Not pushing, just asking, Have you got an estimated release date? One month more? Weeks ? Days? Just want to know How much I Have to wait. No regrets If de answer is one more month . Enjoy your work, you are doing Good!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Not pushing, just asking, Have you got an estimated release date? One month more? Weeks ? Days? Just want to know How much I Have to wait. No regrets If de answer is one more month . Enjoy your work, you are doing Good!
Well, I'm bad at planning this. But I think within a month a would be close to a nice release now.
Work for Effie's level 3 is progressing nicely but I tend to have a nack for introducing more characters:
Effie's boss.png
Meet Ellis, Effie's boss at the Coffee Store. She will play a small part in the coming release but chances are for her to get more attention ;)

John Winkel

May 19, 2018
I already thought so, that's why I created a character that's appealing enough to get into the game but different from what characters that were already in the game. Provisions have already been taken to make Mimi a character that also can be corrupted. Although this will take a while as Shannon and Effie have the focus for this release and the following release will be focussed on Sarah and Chloe.

You are right, my bad.
1. New links (you'll need all 4):

2. Thanks for the offer but I already upped my account to Pro1 with enough storage space and bandwidth to distribute the new release(s) once it's(they're) done.
First file is zip file - self explanatory. Next 3 files are stand-alone. Please help this near-65y.o. (3weeks) dinosaur put these into one package.

John Winkel

May 19, 2018
Me too ;)

I'm still learning as I go. Isn't it something new in RPGMV (new save system, Full Screen) then it's something new in HSS.
I'm constantly trying to improve my skills and with that the game. I'm taking my time though, I hate rushed jobs and the quality they mostly come with.
I learned long ago that quality is ALWAYS preferable to quantity. Please take your time to create a good product!

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes